Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:45 PM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (104320 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
mrdonbuchi: Men dey fire speed oooo. Gee. Am a biker I don't feel comfortable going above 140 in ma 2001 Toyota camry. But I do 160mph about 280klm every Saturday and Sunday morning on ma 2006 Suzuki gsxr750. I once clocked 380klm in a friends Suzuki hayabusa going from quarinpa round about to ceddi plaza. Dat day I been just dey cruise dey test the suzuki hayabusa. Den one chick in a benz C63 AMG just blow pass me flash me pointer( to signal a challenge). Na so I vex wine the bike neck. The 2008 suzuki hayabusa does 0 to 100 in lest dan 4 seconds. This bike will smoke a bugati. It took me lest dan 6 seconds to smoke the benz C63 AMG. You'll never experience real speed until you ride a POWER BIKE.
nice little story...power bikes are really fast 380km/h!...the c63 does 0-60 in about 4.5s....

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by omodapson(m): 8:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
Never would I have thought that I would be doing more than 120km on any vehicle but I got that wrong today. When the right car meets the right road in a perfect condition, there's really no holding back.

The road is Ilorin-Ogbomoso and Oyo-Ibadan, car is Mercedes benz c240 2003 model. l was consistently hitting 130+ miles on the speedometer and it was as if I was just starting. I couldn't believe the feat.

That gave me so much to ponder, what if I had a much better car... Thank God I didn't drive myself to heaven grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2013
Demdem:

My target is 220. Will not rest till I acheive it. grin

Guy, i beg u be careful as u do that; make sure you follow the factory recommended pressure gauge for your tire whenever you are on the highway. You can see this at your fuel cover.Also, make sure your tires and suspension systems are in order as well, and the nuts are well tightened. Goodluck!!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 10:36am On Apr 25, 2013
omodapson: Never would I have thought that I would be doing more than 120km on any vehicle but I got that wrong today. When the right car meets the right road in a perfect condition, there's really no holding back.

The road is Ilorin-Ogbomoso and Oyo-Ibadan, car is Mercedes benz c240 2003 model. l was consistently hitting 130+ miles on the speedometer and it was as if I was just starting. I couldn't believe the feat.

That gave me so much to ponder, what if I had a much better car... Thank God I didn't drive myself to heaven grin

I wonder what car could be better than 2003 c240 machine on the highway apart from the superchargers?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 10:59am On Apr 25, 2013
yungboss: nice one...thats the highest i ve done too 2 times...i crossed 200 by a hair's breadth...
How's that your Beemer? cos it takes some guts to do this speed on my 4 cylinder c180 machine.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
au.hanson:

How's that your Beemer? cos it takes some guts to do this speed on my 4 cylinder c180 machine.
despite it's moderate numbers (150hp and 140lb-ft torque), it gets to +180km/h quickly, quicker than i would think from mere looking at the numbers...i observe it whenever i accelerate up to that number, when i ran against the camry, while overtaking despite my AC on and with 2 other occupants, we could clearly hear his engine screaming...while approaching and eventually overtaking...he was probably doing up to 180...after passing him, he couldn't come after me...we were like the only vehicles on the road...what suprised me was that it was a 2009 toyota camry...BMWs and Mercs have good top end power...
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
Speed kills!!!

But I clearly remember doing 170km/h in a race between my 406 1.8,toyota camry,hummer bus and Mitsubuishi galant which came last on port-harcourt τ̲̅ȍ Onitsha race.I came first anyway but d hummer bus was very stubborn τ̲̅ȍ let me win easily.The next day I changed my alternator belt but I •̸№ gree for amgringringrin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by olamega(m): 2:57pm On May 29, 2013
190km/h on Abuja -Kaduna express, with my Lion(Peugeot) 607, 2009.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by DECOtech(m): 5:09pm On May 30, 2013
au.hanson:

I wonder what car could be better than 2003 c240 machine on the highway?
Don't forget that he did not mention d condition of d car.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by DECOtech(m): 1:41am On May 31, 2013
Cld not believe my W124 (1995 Mercedes V-boot) did 185km/h on Owerri-Onitsha road 3wks ago. I cld get from Awka to Owerri in exactly 1hr.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Olaposij(m): 5:33pm On May 31, 2013
Speed: 180km/h..
Car: toyota camry 2006 model
Road: ilesa-ife portion of akure- ibadan road..
Reason: got annoyed by one toyota camry pencil that overtook me Imagine the audacity!!! I usually don't go beyond 160km/hr..
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by sawyerrola(m): 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
just did this with a 2008 4runner limited 4x4 today. Location: Abuja

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
^^thats like 120mph, 120mph=+190km/h it isnt really a fast vehicle, considering its an SUV, its fairly fast.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Godschild2(m): 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
Wow! @Sawyerrola, please how many gears does 4runner have? Pardon my ignorance, just that I don't understand how a speed of 100mph can be clocked with an rpm of 4.5 and you get 110mph with an rpm of 3.

Cos in my little 1.6SLX nissan primera, while on the 5th(last) gear, an rpm of 3-3.5 only gives 70-80mph. And I can hardly go beyond that cos the engine is already screaming HELP! at that speed. Lol
! gringrin

Funny enough, the speedometer has a range of 220kmph(140mph)
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by sawyerrola(m): 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
Gods-child:
Wow! @Sawyerrola, please how many gears does 4runner have? Pardon my ignorance, just that I don't understand how a speed of 100mph can be clocked with an rpm of 4.5 and you get 110mph with an rpm of 3.

Cos in my little 1.6SLX nissan primera, while on the 5th(last) gear, an rpm of 3-3.5 only gives 70-80mph. And I can hardly go beyond that cos the engine is already screaming HELP! at that speed. Lol
! gringrin

Funny enough, the speedometer has a range of 220kmph(140mph)

hahahahahaha...its just 5 gears on a 4.0l engine. with my limited knowledge and experience, i just explained this some minutes ago on another thread. lemme copy paste it

'at 5500 rpm on 180km (max gear ratio reached) then you have to check why your gear box didn't change from gear 4 to gear 5. at max gear without too much force on your accelerator, you should be below 5500 rpm at that speed because you should be cruising at this point. once your rpm needle is in the red, take a break. its just a waste of fuel. '

and i forgot to add that to take pictures at such speed, please take it easy on your acceleration. no risky multitasking with only 1 copy of your life....lol...

but if you are in Abuja, I'm willing to give you a test drive.... maybe you see for yourself how it happens. Book a test drive today....hahahahahaha
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by sawyerrola(m): 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
yungboss: ^^thats like 120mph, 120mph=+190km/h it isnt really a fast vehicle, considering its an SUV, its fairly fast.

you're right boss. not as fast as i wanted too. anything more than 110mph (which is the max speed for my suv) would have been nice. i think i need to own a Mercedes benz at this point!!!lol.... but like you said, pretty fast and stable for an SUV its size.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 04, 2013
2011: from Wuse to Kubwa in my 1991 toyota carina II lift back 2.0GLi constantly hitting 150KM/H. (October 2011 Bida road I totalled the car due to front brake cable rupture). 2012 in Murltala Moh'd Expressway, Abuja in a family member's Toyota Highlander 2.4 i4 AWD struggling to hit 160KM/H (very bland expressionless vehicle). 2013 Murtala Moh'd Expressway, Abuja my 2001 infiniti QX4 RWD 3.5V6 was doing 175KM/H with ease and the engine was not crying foul, the vehicle was planted as a rock on the road, the steering was offering good feedback and the handling was superb for a vehicle of its class.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by adonisgold: 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
Who are these dudes snapping pictures of their speedmeter at 200km per hour?!! Very reckless, very!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Godschild2(m): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
sawyerrola:

hahahahahaha...its just 6 gears on a 4.0l engine. with my limited knowledge and experience, i just explained this some minutes ago on another thread. lemme copy paste it

'at 5500 rpm on 180km (max gear ratio reached) then you have to check why your gear box didn't change from gear 5 to gear 6. at max gear without too much force on your accelerator, you should be below 5500 rpm at that speed because you should be cruising at this point. once your rpm needle is in the red, take a break. its just a waste of fuel. '

and i forgot to add that to take pictures at such speed, please take it easy on your acceleration. no risky multitasking with only 1 copy of your life....lol...

but if you are in Abuja, I'm willing to give you a test drive.... maybe you see for yourself how it happens. Book a test drive today....hahahahahaha

Hmmmmm...6 gears? Interesting! Thanks for the explanation sir.

Heeeeee! Test what?? gringrin No way! Lol.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JUO(m): 10:53am On Jul 05, 2013
most of you lied. with my experience Toyota Camry 96-01 or any car that has 4speed auto is not a car. at 120-140km/h the engine will be crying. any time i see them I know they won't go more than 150km/h. with my old vw passat gt 2.0l, at 160km/h them no they see my back again, even highlander. I dey use them shine. but respect Audi for dusting me
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2013
sawyerrola:

L...its just 6 gears on a 4.0l engine..."
@ sawyerrola sorry your 2008 toyota 4runner V6 doesn't use a 6 speed autonmatic gear (except u had changed it with some other vehicle gear). It uses a 5speed automatic. Toyota 4runners V6 2003-2004 used a 4 speed automatic which was replaced with a 5speed automatic gear in 2005 which was also shared with 4runners with V8 engine.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
JUO: most of you lied. with my experience Toyota Camry 96-01 or any car that has 4speed auto is not a car. at 120-140km/h the engine will be crying. any time i see them I know they won't go more than 150km/h. with my old vw passat gt 2.0l, at 160km/h them no they see my back again, even highlander. I dey use them shine. but respect Audi for dusting me
. well you are wrong bro, Any car with any factory installed gear box irrespective of its gear number be it <, 3, 4, 5 > speed gear auto can hit its top speed except that car is limited or the gear or engine has fatigue or problems. As f®я engine screaming, its caused by a number of factor, such as O/D off in automatic transmission, engine wear out due to age, engine under stress, bad driving habit (flooring accelerator pedal with out switching to correct/higher gear ratio manual/ gear in neutral mode), indecision of auto tranny especially uphill or downhill (the automatic gear trying to select a suitable gear thus shifting up or down gears). My QX4 is a 4speed+O/D auto tranny and I can easily attain speed of above 160 with ease and the engine won't cry.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by planetshaker: 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
Benin to Warri.. 2007 toyota highlander...190km/hr. Travelling with my brother-in-law. Car was very heavy, fully loaded with christmas food stuffs. So the car was very stable. Just when I started feeling fly with our road dominance, a guy in a bmw overtook us neatly. My in-law said,' wow! That guy is well above 200km/hr'
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by sawyerrola(m): 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
lomomike: @ sawyerrola sorry your 2008 toyota 4runner V6 doesn't use a 6 speed autonmatic gear (except u had changed it with some other vehicle gear). It uses a 5speed automatic. Toyota 4runners V6 2003-2004 used a 4 speed automatic which was replaced with a 5speed automatic gear in 2005 which was also shared with 4runners with V8 engine.

thanks a lot for the correction. at top speed sometimes i think I've got a 7 speed automatic gear under there. you seem more experienced on this gear thing than i am. well, you know the gears, i drive the truck. nice one.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by sawyerrola(m): 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
lomomike: . well you are wrong bro, Any car with any factory installed gear box irrespective of its gear number be it <, 3, 4, 5 > speed gear auto can hit its top speed except that car is limited or the gear or engine has fatigue or problems. As f®я engine screaming, its caused by a number of factor, such as O/D off in automatic transmission, engine wear out due to age, engine under stress, bad driving habit (flooring accelerator pedal with out switching to correct/higher gear ratio manual/ gear in neutral mode), indecision of auto tranny especially uphill or downhill (the automatic gear trying to select a suitable gear thus shifting up or down gears). My QX4 is a 4speed+O/D auto tranny and I can easily attain speed of above 160 with ease and the engine won't cry.

very well explained. seconded. tnx lomomike
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by sawyerrola(m): 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
Gods-child:

Hmmmmm...6 gears? Interesting! Thanks for the explanation sir.

Heeeeee! Test what?? gringrin No way! Lol.

Lomomike just corrected me, its a 5 speed transmission. my bad on the 6 gears.
y no to the test na?? hahahahahahaha......please rethink.....
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Godschild2(m): 5:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
sawyerrola:

Lomomike just corrected me, its a 5 speed transmission. my bad on the 6 gears.
y no to the test na?? hahahahahahaha......please rethink.....

Mehn! The fact that its a 5speed makes it more amazing, 110mph at 3500rpm? I duff my hat for your engine oo!

Lol! Even if I rethink, thank GOD I'm miles away from abuja gringringrin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
30th June, 2013
2003 Toyota Camry I4
180KmpH
Benin - Sapele Road, if it wasn't drizzling a bit I for max my speedo.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 9:27am On Jul 07, 2013
I drive a W202 C230k, from kaduna 2 abuja along that Alheri camp road I did 237km/h. Am quite confident on a free road will hit 250km/h.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by sawyerrola(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gee2728: I drive a W202 C230k, from kaduna 2 abuja along that Alheri camp road I did 237km/h. Am quite confident on a free road will hit 250km/h.

i really need a Mercedes Benz!!!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by elektra80: 11:53am On Jul 20, 2013
Did this with 2005 Honda accord I4 on sag amu Abeokuta expressway. Would have gone more if the road was smoother.

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
elektra80: Did this with 2005 Honda accord I4 on sag amu Abeokuta expressway. Would have gone more if the road was smoother.
own that same year model of car for about a year, the best I ever did was abt 182km/h and the car was shaking like the world was coming to an end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (43) (Reply)

Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures) / I Parked My Car, Went Into The Bank And This Happened / Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.