Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:13 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (104009 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by walcolm(m): 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
200km/h back in 2005 in a 1993 Toyota Camry along Shagamu Ore express
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by gator666: 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2012
Approx. 245 km/h, on German Auto-Bahn, 4 years ago. It was scary. If anything went wrong, oh well, I guess I would not be posting here now.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2012
155-160km/hr with VW Passat 2000 model on Third Mainland Bridge around 11pm one Saturday, just right after seeing the "Fast Five" movie.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Shaw007(m): 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
yungboss:
u mean you have an M5, i'm looking for something like a 1998 M3...or an M5...do they sell them in Nigeria?
But you shouldn't show any toyota, you driving an M5,who the boss is. No toyota can be anywhere near a bmw M5...by all standard except fuel economy, where toyota is king
i dont remember sayin' buying it in nigeria. . .and didnt u c d part dat i mentioned i was at only 90? And are u saying a '10 '11 toyota cannot stand beside an M5. . .my broda u are livin' in d past
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 12:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
df2006: I did 200 in my Honda Accord 2010 v6 evil spirit, on third mainland bridge, was racing with a friend, he was driving a BMW 7series I think an 08 model, his father's, we were on our way to the airport, I really showed the guy, not knowing it was my take off speed dat was better, any where we slowed down, to overtake all those useless danfos, I will just floor it leaving him behind, na God come catch me, open road ahead, my brother I press throttle, speedometer was reading 200, the Beemer passed me like a breeze, what I was just looking at, were his extra large double exhaust of pure invisible v12 smoke, pouring at me, I wondered how fast he was going, I just bidded my time waiting for d next danfo,
It was hilarious at d airport, we were just laughing, but at the back of my mind I was thanking my stars, at how dangerous we were driving on such uneven road, it was fun tho.
hard to catch up with a bmw 3series, let alone the 7series...nice one bro
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by zenus(m): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
Just 160Km/Hr due to pot holes
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Shaw007(m): 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
yungboss:
u mean you have an M5, i'm looking for something like a 1998 M3...or an M5...do they sell them in Nigeria?
But you shouldn't show any toyota, you driving an M5,who the boss is. No toyota can be anywhere near a bmw M5...by all standard except fuel economy, where toyota is king
lolzz. . .bOss u know how dose govwernment assholes can be now,even if they were driving a 1933 sundancer sedan.they wud still want 2 show they'v G0t skills but i thank God i showed them and i'm still alive.now even though i'm still very young with dat very sweet M5. . .i'm setting my limits 2 120(but that benin road is very temptin' o my br0da!!)
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by MSItachi: 1:06pm On Jul 25, 2012
Based on what I have read here I think
BMW comes first in stability on high speed,n above 160kmph
Then
Benz
Pejo
Asian cars

Done 160kmph kubwa express abuja, sunday after, like every sunday sha, when wifey is not in d car, EOD 2004
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2012
a.A.K:
I still feel abuja/kaduna road is the best stretch of road in nigeria.I have don 190 wit my mum's 96 Toyota camry.
U r wrong man,...Ilorin-Ogbomoso is a better road 2day dan Abj-Kd road.
I do 160-170km/hr on d Abj-Kd rd regularly (d last time was last week Saturday,...made Kd in 1hr 5min from Zuba) in a M/Benz 190 (5-Speed Manual). Am sure I wud go faster on d Ilorin-Ogbomoso rd as it is 2day.
Back in d days wen Yauri-Jega (Kebbi state) was gud (2005-2006), I did 170plus (but not up to 180km/h) in a Benz
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by greall1: 1:13pm On Jul 25, 2012
I KNOW SOME PEOPLE GO LIE
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
Shaw007: i dont remember sayin' buy
ing it in nigeria. . .and didnt u c d part dat i mentioned i was at only 90? And are u saying a '10 '11 toyota cannot stand beside an M5. . .my broda u are livin' in d past
i meant no harm with my comment bro, only praise for your M5, i'm suprised it received a harsh response

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Joyland(m): 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2012
140 KPH - At that speed I can maneuver any unexpected occurrence that I may encounter.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Whymee: 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
100kmp

The message I dropped at home was that, I will be back.
Always obey traffic laws.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by madprof(m): 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2012
Highest I've done is 210km/hr, 2007 Honda Accord on Kano-Kaduna expressway though I regularly do 180-190km/hr on the same road; that road is smooth, uncongested and dualized - very good for "high" speeds, if your car can handle it.
Having said that I think it is pertinent to point out that you should understand the car you are driving before attempting any speed in it. Know what the car can or can't do; some cars can't handle a bend unless you slow down while others even accelerate around bends at considerably high speeds. Most importantly, KNOW the road you are speeding on. It's not so much speed as control. Factors like inferior car balance, obstacles, uneven roads, single lane roads all reduce the amount of control you can exercise at higher speeds. I love driving fast and by fast here I mean - faster than most people I've seen, but I quickly become the slowest guy on the road when I encounter potholes and bumps - safety first.
Driving at 90 km/hr on the highway doesn't make you a safety-conscious driver; if you have a head-on collision at that speed you are not likely to survive it. If you hit a crossing goat at that speed the goat will die, apart from the damage to your car, but if you pay proper attention on the road you might be able to see the goat soon enough and swerve and/or brake to avoid disaster, regardless of your speed. A lot of people I see on the road are simply absent-minded and careless. They drive without wearing seatbelts, enter the road without checking if there's a car coming from behind, drive smack in the middle of the road (because they don't use rearview or sideview mirrors) and they think they are driving safely simply because they are "crawling" on the road.
Tell me: how many okada accidents are due to overspeeding? Have you ever wondered why a Formula 1 racecar, driving at speeds of up to 350km/hr can maintain balance without crashing most times? Even when it does crash the driver rarely suffers more than a few scratches. The simple reason is that the factors of safety have been greatly enhanced in a Formula 1 race. The car, the road the driver all operate within a system of improved safety and control. Bearing that in mind I don't see anything wrong in travelling 200km/hr on a smooth, straight, long and unobstructed stretch of highway - IF your engine can deliver and sustain such power.
Lastly, always remember to wear your seatbelt no matter how fast or slow you drive; always pay attention on the road.

6 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by AjanleKoko: 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
I do between 170-190km/hr on Epe Road, weekends. Regularly. 2011 CRV.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Remmyode(m): 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
210km/hr between ogbomoso and ilorin, the new Jebba express way constructed by OBJ. I was driving in my 2006 Audi Quartro. That was the highest I've achieved since driving on Nigerian road.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
Shaw007: i dont remember sayin' buying it in nigeria. . .and didnt u c d part dat i mentioned i was at only 90? And are u saying a '10 '11 toyota cannot stand beside an M5. . .my broda u are livin' in d past
for your info, no '10 or '12 toyota can match an M5...tell me a toyota that does 0-60 in 3.9s...or the quater mile in 11.9 -12s

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by norrisman: 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2012
@Yungboss

I am suprised the slowpoke replied to you in that manner as well. He probably doesnt have an M5, maybe a beat up 5 series with a $10 M badge on it grin. Cos if the guy has an M5, he would understand what the M badge stands for and realise that a 2013 Toyota can not match even an early E39 M5

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by jimshimfe(m): 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
Any speed from 200 above is tantamont to asking for your grave. I may agree to be your passenger if your car has a 280 or over max speedometer.
For me sha have driven 160-170 km/h with a Honda Halla, MG Rover 600, Toyota Carina II, on Jos-Bauchi, Gombe-Bauchi, Mayo lope-Jalingo, Wukari-Mutum Biyu roads.had to reduce at a point cos of other Drivers who may become a problem for me on the highway in addition supposing my break fails or i hit a pothole.Gosh it's fun but when i remember how sweet life is, am forced to check myself before i wreck myself.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by freestyle07: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
drove highest at 140km/hr with a mercedez benz v-boot 230 wukari-jalingo road
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by johnwell(m): 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2012
170km/h honda civic (Calabar - Ikom)
130m/h Infiniti fx45 (Abuja - Kaduna)
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2012
norrisman: @Yungboss

I am suprised the slowpoke replied to you in that manner as well. He probably doesnt have an M5, maybe a beat up 5 series with a $10 M badge on it grin. Cos if the guy has an M5, he would understand what the M badge stands for and realise that a 2013 Toyota can not match even an early E39 M5
rite on point boss, not even the e39 M5...vs 2013 toyota...let alone 2010 or 11...i was just thinking, is it the avalon, camry,corolla,avensis...which other one do we have...celica,matrix...still trying to know which...if he had said lexus IS-F it'd ve been more arguable, since there no GS-F yet in production...

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Revolva(m): 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
Olboy people don come here dey lie oooo oya make I post jare

I did 300km/hour even my speedmeter burst haha just like dat etisalat easyblaze advert
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by gulfer: 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2012
SirJohn: Mr moderator, this shouldn't be on the front page; a lot of what I have read is simply suicidal. Driving on Nigerian roads at 160,170,200,220,240Km/H is not worth celebrating at all; at such speeds, you have little or no thinking distance and your stopping distance too is short in the event of an emergency.
I have done a couple of dangerous speeds as well but wont talk about it in an open forum with lots of hot blooded youngsters... nah!
You just did with the boldened! grin grin grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Daunashamed(m): 2:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mojibola: 230miles/hr, Central Rosewood, in my all tuned up Audi A4 3.2 quattro. Agent Cross chasing me a$$ @ heat level 5.
Time: Everyday
there was a real NEED FOR SPEED there because that Cross guy don't take sh*t!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by lucom: 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2012
yungboss:
rite on point boss, not even the e39 M5...vs 2013 toyota...let alone 2010 or 11...i was just thinking, is it the avalon, camry,corolla,avensis...which other one do we have...celica,matrix...still trying to know which...if he had said lexus IS-F it'd ve been more arguable, since there no GS-F yet in production...

Don't mind that guy even if he chose to lie he could have contacted google or wikipedia, People that have owned or driven a BMW will attest to this no Toyota, Honda,Mitsubishi or Nissan both present and future models will ever be able to stand beside a beamer or Benz in terms of performance and durability if not for fuel economy that has endeared these brands to us. I've owned a 95 5 series before and owned two Toyota cars and an Honda after it but nothing compared to a beamer when there's need for performance.A 2010 Camry XLE V6 can only take off faster than an E39(not even M5) but cant sustain it's lead after the first 2 minutes(I say this because I know it) of take off let alone an M5. The guy surely doesn't know what the M stands for.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nitrogen(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2012
180km/hr, ibadan-oyo expressway, spent 8 mins.
170km/hr abeokuta-shagamu. Both with my mum's car-ford windstar.
Also, jetta 96 model, lagos-ib expressway at 160km/hr.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by ABAKA72(m): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2012
Never gone above 120km/h, i consider any speed more than that as unreasonable and unneccesary.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
lucom:

Don't mind that guy even if he chose to lie he could have contacted google or wikipedia, People that have owned or driven a BMW will attest to this no Toyota, Honda,Mitsubishi or Nissan both present and future models will ever be able to stand beside a beamer or Benz in terms of performance and durability if not for fuel economy that has endeared these brands to us. I've owned a 95 5 series before and owned two Toyota cars and an Honda after it but nothing compared to a beamer when there's need for performance.A 2010 Camry XLE V6 can only take off faster than an E39(not even M5) but cant sustain it's lead after the first 2 minutes(I say this because I know it) of take off let alone an M5. The guy surely doesn't know what the M stands for.
well informed post, correct, i hope the dude sees this too...its not because someone just likes to praise bmw, but thats how it is,i.e.,as we have said it and more peeps will say the same thing.
Okay, lets even drop the M5, check out this: a '97 e39 540i is faster than the fastest camry to date...5.5s vs 5.8sec to 60mph
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by babaowambe: 3:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
1,200. kilometers per hour along namdi azikwe street lagos
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by babaowambe: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
1,200. kilometers per hour along namdi azikwe street lagos in my lambogini
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
[size=14pt]Fastest in a KIA Sephia 2.. 110Km/hr.. The car is so useless that I wouldnt even use it for a taxi!! At 110, it felt like if another car overtook me, the breeze from that car fit push me enter bush...[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.