Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,795 members, 7,930,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:40 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (104995 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by coalcoal1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
IbnTimothy:

..... Nigerians again celebrating lawlessness. What is the speed limit on those roads? You probably don't know.... yet you blame politicians for breaking the law (by stealing money). I can see how innocent you are
So you are saying u have never done more than 100km/h.
Stop being a hypocryte, abeg
And I wonder why u are equating this to our thieving politicians
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
coal_coal:
So you are saying u have never done more than 100km/h.
Stop being a hypocryte, abeg
And I wonder why u are equating this to our thieving politicians

[size=14pt]Certain Niggas just like to hear themselves talk shit!!...[/size]
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by KOMBE: 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
speed thrills but may kill you... If you must speed, please make sure it is a Benz 190. At 180 km/hr, you won't feel as if you are speeding. Port harcourt to Uyo with an interview that will start by 7,30am. Left 6am and was there 6,20am. USually a 2hrs journey.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nightshift(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
My fastest speed was in 2008 on A81 between Singen and Stuttgart. I was speeding 230km/h, car was a Münchener 335 (BMW 2008 model) I leased that car from Eurocar; was on way from Zurich, Switzerland. If you've ever driven a car on German Autobahn, you know that it's where speed freaks show their muscles.Once I saw a Porsche GT doing about 300km/h on A8.
Whoever is comparing BMW M (Münchener) series to any Japanese models on Nigerian roads doesn't know much about cars.

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2012
M M M: Last year I drove 220km frm ikeja 2 island on top 3rd mainland bridge with my G Class 550, around 3 am .

Although I waz tipsy

Thank GOD nothing hAppened 2 me becos it waz such a big risk.
how do you know you were on 220kn/hr if you are tipsy,maybe you were seeing 22km/hr

6 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Burger01(m): 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
awesome_t: LWKMD!!!...I see person whey I better pass...me na 100km/hr kpere!
Seriously. i am telling you truthfully you better pass. The guy dey use big daddy and other nice cars. He won't go more than 70km/hr. If na Kaduna journey just forget and go board Cross Country.. I respect that guy.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by obongtunji: 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
With Toyota Matrix 2003 model that has maximum speedometer of 180km|hr, I drove on 170km/hr, but I think I wasn't normal that day. I won't try it againm..lop
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by wadoski: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
You guys should take it easyoooo speed kills. I have been driving for more than 15 yrs now but have never gone beyond 140km/h, theres no need to bc I have to arrive home in peace not in pieces.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Ibotex(m): 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
Imagine driving in a governors convoy with a landcruiser prado jeep. 220 and above.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by gulfer: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ibotex: Imagine driving in a governors convoy with a landcruiser prado jeep. 220 and above.
That's why those convoys never survive accidents, excessive speed.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by madprof(m): 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ibotex: Imagine driving in a governors convoy with a landcruiser prado jeep. 220 and above.

Those convoys(govt functionaries, bullion vans) rarely drive what you would call fast. They just swerve and weave dangerously and recklessly @ 120km/hr. That ain't fast, just plain reckless and suicidal.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Desanta(m): 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
I have done 200km/hour with a Benz E- 230 (1984 regular),on Benin Auchi road in 2001,1 wanted to see if the car can get to the maximum speed, and it did. I had to get four brand new tyres before attempting this stunt. It was my first and most rugged car.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Godschild2(m): 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
Wow!!!...You guys are so scary!!...180km/h,200km/h,220km/h...WHAT??

The fastest I have ever driven in my little '94 model Nissan Primera 1.6SLX is 150km/h while traveling from Ibadan to Ilesha on a bright morning...I hope I won't do that again!!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by sentix(m): 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
Make una continue dey run ooo

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nich(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
grin So all of una can fit run like dis na im una neva start grand prix for naija! tongue smh 4 all of una!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
dreday:
No disrespect but just cos u ain't experienced or done it doesn't mean it ain't true. I know a friend who used to push his Toyota Corolla 2005 to 180km/hr regularly and I mean regularly

Its not dat u can't make it upto 175km/hr or more wif japanese cars. All I'm trying 2 say,is dat any slightest swerve,ur life will neva remain d same again,dats if u still have one. But if u've driven high speeds in a european car,u will know wot I'm talking abt. I don't need 2 start saying wot km/hr I've hit on wot cars.

I drove a friend's 2008 acura MDX SH AWD lately,D stability @95m/hr wasn't impressive. Rite from 2003,I bought my 1st car uptil now,I've neva used & will neva use a japanese car. So bruv,I know wot I'm saying...... I know,wot handling & stability is,cuz dat matters if ur a runner.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2012
dreday:
No disrespect but just cos u ain't experienced or done it doesn't mean it ain't true. I know a friend who used to push his Toyota Corolla 2005 to 180km/hr regularly and I mean regularly

Its not dat u can't make it upto 175km/hr or more wif japanese cars. All I'm trying 2 say,is dat any slightest swerve,ur life will neva remain d same again,dats if u still have one. But if u've driven high speeds in a european car,u will know wot I'm talking abt. I don't need 2 start saying wot km/hr I've hit on wot cars.

I drove a friend's 2008 acura MDX SH AWD lately,D stability @95m/hr wasn't impressive. Rite from 2003,I bought my 1st car uptil now,I've neva used & will neva use a japanese car. So bruv,I know wot I'm saying...... I know,wot handling & stability is,cuz dat matters if ur a runner. I drive a BMW E36 !

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by passion007: 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2012
The day was Feb 14, 2011---180km/h along Enugu-Portharcourt Expressway in my VW Golf Mk 3. I would have hit the 220 maximum speed but teh entire car had started to vibrate relentlessly...omo, fear catsh me.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by brojero: 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
The Year: 1991
The road: E34 Eindhoven to Duisburg
The car: BMW 750iL
Speed: 235 km/h

That ride was so solid, it was as if we were doing 80km/h. The speed was only apparent when you looked at all the other cars as we zipped past.

If you have to go fast, do it in a solid German tank.

At some point in the near future, I shall be taking my 500SE to the Nurburgring to test its limits.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by danadam(m): 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
i understand that most cars have their limit and i don't exceed such limits. what i refer to as speed limit is that speed at which the car begins to vibrate excessively. my first car, a toyota corolla 1990 will take me as fast as 140 kmph comfortably without the unnecessary vibrations. the second car i got, a golf mk 3 makes 160 kmph which has become my regular speed but the fastest i'd driven is 120 mph which is about 200 kmph on kaduna to abuja highway with my benz E430 2000 model. i was driving with two friends that didnt know much about cars so i told them we were moving at 120 kmph but they later realised it was a lie when we arrived zuba in one hour from kaduna. the whole trip which was kano to abuja was 3 hours 15 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by bohboh275(m): 9:11pm On Jul 25, 2012
195 km/h with my 1998 golf 3 GTI (two door).. I was even going to speed up to about 200km/h but all my friends in the car were like don't kill us here. It was on Lagos-Abeokuta express way on a trip from Egba to Sango...I wish i could have put that ride in the plane and bring it here with me. I can't wait to get back home to my lovely ride.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2012
one thing i like naija 4 is that theres nothing like speeding ticket, unless u want one. I clicked a memorable 230 in a mercedes benz v- boot along owerri onitsha express high way, thanks to julius berger and trust me guys, the v-ass has got a great balance. One thing id really love to do is drift bt i havent found any good curvy road yet.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Dynamical: 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
280 km/hr toyota supra benin express 2003.that car was a jet, but we tumbled before benin.Came out with my friend unscratched.the next day when my dad came from ph, he said “hey man, even michael schumacker would not speed like that.they have custom roads for their races". Leant my lesson and To GOD B THE GLORY!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Martini101(m): 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
madprof: Highest I've done is 210km/hr, 2007 Honda Accord on Kano-Kaduna expressway though I regularly do 180-190km/hr on the same road; that road is smooth, uncongested and dualized - very good for "high" speeds, if your car can handle it.
Having said that I think it is pertinent to point out that you should understand the car you are driving before attempting any speed in it. Know what the car can or can't do; some cars can't handle a bend unless you slow down while others even accelerate around bends at considerably high speeds. Most importantly, KNOW the road you are speeding on. It's not so much speed as control. Factors like inferior car balance, obstacles, uneven roads, single lane roads all reduce the amount of control you can exercise at higher speeds. I love driving fast and by fast here I mean - faster than most people I've seen, but I quickly become the slowest guy on the road when I encounter potholes and bumps - safety first.
Driving at 90 km/hr on the highway doesn't make you a safety-conscious driver; if you have a head-on collision at that speed you are not likely to survive it. If you hit a crossing goat at that speed the goat will die, apart from the damage to your car, but if you pay proper attention on the road you might be able to see the goat soon enough and swerve and/or brake to avoid disaster, regardless of your speed. A lot of people I see on the road are simply absent-minded and careless. They drive without wearing seatbelts, enter the road without checking if there's a car coming from behind, drive smack in the middle of the road (because they don't use rearview or sideview mirrors) and they think they are driving safely simply because they are "crawling" on the road.
Tell me: how many okada accidents are due to overspeeding? Have you ever wondered why a Formula 1 racecar, driving at speeds of up to 350km/hr can maintain balance without crashing most times? Even when it does crash the driver rarely suffers more than a few scratches. The simple reason is that the factors of safety have been greatly enhanced in a Formula 1 race. The car, the road the driver all operate within a system of improved safety and control. Bearing that in mind I don't see anything wrong in travelling 200km/hr on a smooth, straight, long and unobstructed stretch of highway - IF your engine can deliver and sustain such power.
Lastly, always remember to wear your seatbelt no matter how fast or slow you drive; always pay attention on the road.
. Bros. U hit the nail on the head Jor.

4 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Osa0(m): 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2012
200km/hr on abuja-kaduna expressway in an honda accord(2003),was actually trying to finish the speedometer tho.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by steel5800(m): 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
I always travel with my mum and my highest was 205km/hr or there about in a 2000 model toyota avalon on kaduna-abuja road.... My mum wouldn't let me go beyond that. I usually do 180km/hr though.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by BluStreak(m): 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2012
Guys, I thank God for my life. I have taken several risks on d highway. I look back at that today and I thank God. I can NEVER EVER try that again.

1st
Dec 2001
1990 tuned-up Honday Civic with F1 injection system.
Car max speed - 200km/h.
Trip - Lagos - Owerri
I left Lagos 6am got to asaba 9:45
Pushed the car to d max 200km/h on AC and glass wound up.
That sure was a death wish.

That wasn't all.
Dec 2003
1993 Mercedes Benz E200 sealed engine
Max speed 220km/h
Trip: Lagos to Owerri
Pushed the car to d 210km/h on AC with windows wound up.

Did same in 2004, 2005.

In 2007, with 03 American Spec BMW 320i full options
Max speed 220km/h
Trip: Asaba - Lagos
Clocked 200km/h

I ĺ♡√Ɛ to speed till I cautioned myself in 2008 after I narrowly escaped a crash. Ever since 2008, the max speed I have achieved in 160km/h when a golf 3 wanted to test my 95 E320 American spec last year on the Benin bypass.

Speed kills guys. These days I don't even bother to chase. I maintain a 120km/h max.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Emperoh(m): 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2012
yungboss:
emperor, u know the maximum speed of that avalon is 209km/h, how come i beat you in my 2.0 6cyl, yours is a 3.0 v6...at 200, you should begin to feel the aerodynamic drift, slight power loss cos its limited to 209km/h
my bmw is limited at 214km/h maxing out 250

Lol! Wasn't me your were chasing oh.
The Avalon can do up to 220km. . . . at 200, the drift u stated started and then i started perceiving some burn
smell likely coming from the tires.

Guess who i was racing with? 2011 Hyundai Elantra and a Range Supercharged just strolled past us like it was nothing grin shocked grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Shaw007(m): 11:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
yungboss:
i meant no harm with my comment bro, only praise for your M5, i'm suprised it received a harsh response
oh okay. . .mY bad
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Shaw007(m): 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
norrisman: @Yungboss

I am suprised the slowpoke replied to you in that manner as well. He probably doesnt have an M5, maybe a beat up 5 series with a $10 M badge on it grin. Cos if the guy has an M5, he would understand what the M badge stands for and realise that a 2013 Toyota can not match even an early E39 M5
dude theres no point hating on a broda just cos u dnt av one. . .and about this toyata issue.i really dont knw much about those cos i dnt do asian,infact if i had my way i'd rather go with a ford over a beemer.like i said i dnt knw much about toyatas,but d ones i'v seen in action were pretty fast and quite and quite stable.@yungboss.u av 2 know dat even if a cars speedometer stops right at 240 staright-away tests can av them up 2 270 or even more. . .and 4 yall others claming i was lying.all u gotta do is ask where i got it and point yu guys. Dont underrate those toyotas they are quite fast in their own vain!!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Shaw007(m): 12:07am On Jul 26, 2012
yungboss:
well informed post, correct, i hope the dude sees this too...its not because someone just likes to praise bmw, but thats how it is,i.e.,as we have said it and more peeps will say the same thing.
Okay, lets even drop the M5, check out this: a '97 e39 540i is faster than the fastest camry to date...5.5s vs 5.8sec to 60mph
oMg sEriously!!? U guys did ur home work with all dose specifications. . .i'm not much of the car genius but i knw well 2 knw wat d Bmw can do right after dose guys really came in2 d market i think in d '90s as some has posted but '95 '98. . .'06 m5's(oh and no google needed friend) even punch cud av done dat pls!!! But i still argue dat i respect d asians even thouhg they av stability issues but i dont think they do with speed. . .and guys i wud like 2 ask. . .is an average benz more stable dan a BMW. . .i'm just asking,i need answers pls??(i hope d guy dat called me d slow poke sees this. . .and how fast are u anyways,dude?)
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 26, 2012
Pegeot 406,165km/hr
That car handles perfectly well,i cud have gone Faster though but i wasn't in a hurry grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures) / I Parked My Car, Went Into The Bank And This Happened / Meet Nigerians Who Own Bugatti Veyron Car(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.