Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,269 members, 7,950,419 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each (11273 Views)

Lai Mohammed Enjoys Push-Up Exercise With Army Officers (Photos) / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers / Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by Audukaya: 11:31am On Jul 25, 2012
Army is the most discipline institution,the should keep it up.
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by aalangel(f): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2012
Some people just talk anyhow and that is the bane of our country"s problem
The N25000 is the fine for BRT route violation, so i dont know why some people should be saying its too small
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by naptu2: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2012
Spot the difference.

1) Lance Corporal Sunday Ayodeji who drove on the BRT lane in 2011, resisted arrest, fought with police, called for reinforcements and endangered citizens.

2) Colonel Ki Yusuf who was accosted by Governor Fashola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by Oshiite: 11:41am On Jul 25, 2012
Anything above 25,000 will be like killing a housefly wt a sledge hammer instead of broom
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by ZURYZEST(m): 11:42am On Jul 25, 2012
this one good no be small, them no go try am again.
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by Acidosis(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2012
aalangel: Some people just talk anyhow and that is the bane of our country"s problem
The N25000 is the fine for BRT route violation, so i dont know why some people should be saying its too small

don't you know we have so many lame people on nairaland.

Now a man should pay 100,000K because he is an officer on uniform, so why didn't they allow him ride on BRT since he is an officer.

Silly people
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by dont8(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2012
Way to go, God bless Nigerian Army, God bless Fashola, Eko oni baje.
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by dont8(m): 11:56am On Jul 25, 2012
The difference is clear my brother, it's a warning to would-be law breaker knowing fully the implication of the offence if committed.
naptu2: Spot the difference.

1) Lance Corporal Sunday Ayodeji who drove on the BRT lane in 2011, resisted arrest, fought with police, called for reinforcements and endangered citizens.

Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by Demdem(m): 11:56am On Jul 25, 2012
Excellent development
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by Sacredcow: 11:56am On Jul 25, 2012
Good! This is justice. NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW, Military or civilian.

1 Like

Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by hardbody: 11:57am On Jul 25, 2012

The difference is that Ayodeji is a dumb Yoruba Fwool, always arrogat with nothing to show for being brazenly silly, Yusuf is a Notherner. An average northerner is humble and down to earth.

There are other differences, but this will suffice Lol
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by shaneroberts26: 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2012
djmummy:

Is there something affecting ur fingers dat is making you type like a paraplegic?
U can never comprehend it cos Nigeria's Education Sector of today is a joke.
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by cheddarking(m): 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
aalangel: Some people just talk anyhow and that is the bane of our country"s problem

The reason why people are saying it's to small is because the culprit is a LEADER; He is a person of HIGH RANK in the military with numerous subordinates.

As such, it stands to reason that an example be made of him to his SUBORDINATES: the people who are within his direct sphere of influence and most likely to emulate his lawless behaviour.

25,000 naira is nothing especially to a man of his stature. A 25,000 naira fine is so insignificant that it is unlikely to serve as a DETERRENT, and as such most people believe that the officer in question has not been adequately disciplined, and has been let off with the proverbial 'slap on the wrist'.

A 100k fine would have been more appropriate, simply because To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected...
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by kulutempa: 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
Some of the responses on Nairaland in support of the 'colonel' on the day the news first broke indicated to me that we still have a long way to go in Nigeria. If Nigerians who can read and write can think that way, what about the illiterates?

1 Like

Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by Pain(m): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
There will always be a payback day. Anybody who remembers the story of Idiagbon and how he was disgraced at Panti Yaba Police Station in the 70s will understand what im talking about. There will definitely be a return match. Ahua! no they fall hand! Fashola don buy Job and he must settle am with interest!
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2012

The Colonel was calm, respectful and even salute Mr Fash unlike the silly Lance Corporal that disgraced himself. Kudos to Fashola and the Nigerian Army.
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by Acidosis(m): 12:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
Pain: There will always be a payback day. Anybody who remembers the story of Idiagbon and how he was disgraced at Panti Yaba Police Station in the 70s will understand what im talking about. There will definitely be a return match. Ahua! no they fall hand! Fashola don buy Job and he must settle am with interest!

haha. . . .nairalanders won't understand.
Shey na justice ''nobody is above the law'' una dey find? Well, una don get am now . . Oya make una clap for una selves.

Una go tell us whether stealing, looting and laundering dey for civilian dictionary. .
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by naptu2: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
This is not enough. We need to revisit the issue of how we train our armed forces personnel. I do believe that officers are properly trained to respect the laws of the land, but I know that other ranks (NCOs, ratings and airmen) are told terrible things about bloody civilians and policemen. This must change.

1 Like

Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by otokx(m): 12:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
What a shame.
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by brownlord: 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
shaneroberts26: Now,whatchy'all 'DUFFERS' dzat was blabbering dze appalling gibberish dzat Fashiola own too much dzat he should hav tampered justice widz mercy instead of disgracin dze officer got to say now?(Wen y'all are lucidly aware dzat none is above dze law). D Command Head don shame all of ya widz dzis bombshell.Its so nice wen listenin to an intelligent mind speak .What a sagacious and pragmatic reply from dze man at dze helm of affairs.Somtimes one gets so 'm-a-a-d' while lisnening to som childish replys from many 'young heads on an old shoulder' on Niaraland.Whatchy'all gotta say now huh?Nitwits.

Please in what language are you writing?

1 Like

Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by infofirst(m): 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2012
cheddarking: Only 25k?
shocked shocked

Is that a Fine or a BRT 1st Class Ticket?

The Joke that is Nigeria... embarassed
lol
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by nduchucks: 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2012
I'm glad the offending officer has been fined for his offense. What's now left is for Fashola to publicly apologize to the Army for publicly embarasing a commisioned officer for cheap publicily when the whole affair could have been dealt with without the drama.

1 Like

Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by solelymade: 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
undecided
ndu_chucks: I'm glad the offending officer has been fined for his offense. What's now left is for Fashola to publicly apologize to the Army for publicly embarasing a commisioned officer for cheap publicity when the whole affair could have been dealt with without the drama.

Bros do u really meant d above view. If yes, then I leave u to ur ruin. I think hencefort I will try to avoid argument with philosphers who said 'good and bad' can't be defined. Dis has been clearly proven wit d submission of pple on dis issue
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by Acidosis(m): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
ndu_chucks: I'm glad the offending officer has been fined for his offense. What's now left is for Fashola to publicly apologize to the Army for publicly embarasing a commisioned officer for cheap publicily when the whole affair could have been dealt with without the drama.

he has done that already but trust him now he won't publicize his apology.
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by ocheejemb: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2012
Well, it means 25k is what everyone else would pay for entering the BRT lane. They shouldnt be made to pay more or less than what any other citizen would have. Dismissing them would certainly be an overkill, would you get sacked from your non-military job for such an offence?
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by Dammysmart: 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2012
chucky234: N25,000? Is he joking? They will pay the N25,000 smiling,I expecting a fine of N100,000 each as that will make them realised the seriousness of that offence.
na their own dem talk i swear dat colonel no fit pay anymoney court marshall or wateva na padi padi be military and as for dismissing of the colonel they cannot rank pass rank
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by yosmen: 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2012
shaneroberts26: Now,whatchy'all 'DUFFERS' dzat was blabbering dze appalling gibberish dzat Fashiola own too much dzat he should hav tampered justice widz mercy instead of disgracin dze officer got to say now?(Wen y'all are lucidly aware dzat none is above dze law). D Command Head don shame all of ya widz dzis bombshell.Its so nice wen listenin to an intelligent mind speak .What a sagacious and pragmatic reply from dze man at dze helm of affairs.Somtimes one gets so 'm-a-a-d' while lisnening to som childish replys from many 'young heads on an old shoulder' on Niaraland.Whatchy'all gotta say now huh?Nitwits.
go school again and learn good english language
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by Dammysmart: 1:45pm On Jul 25, 2012
omosexy1:

The Guy is a colonel (a senior military personnel), probably has some many Godfathers and friends. See the Army is a cabal, like a cult (this applies to senior officers oh). Many of them attended the same school (NDA, NMS etc), or same courses aboard, hang out in officer's mess, share the same women and ideas. You think they will want to harm their own? If it was a junior staff, straight off dismissal.
its ikw u kw how d military is i love your post dat fine dey wont pay it
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by sugardaddy1(m): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
The advent of GSM and text messages has brought so many characters who hide their poor spelling abilities under various guises.
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by linearity: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
chucky234: N25,000? Is he joking? They will pay the N25,000 smiling,I expecting a fine of N100,000 each as that will make them realised the seriousness of that offence.

Haven't we just discussed that, they should not be treated any differently than other Nigerian citizens? If the fine for taking the BRT line is N25K, asking them to do otherwise either by reducing or increasing the fine is treating them differently....
Re: BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each by wisdomolusola: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
I expect double of that amount. This would further serve as a deterrent to others. High level of intellectual decorum should be exhibited.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Govt To List Ibom Air On The Nigerian Capital Market / President Buhari To Be Made AU's First Anti-Corruption Champion / President Buhari Set To Sign Continental Free Trade Agreement..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.