Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,707 members, 7,882,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct (3262 Views)

Buhari Sends Judge On Retirement For Misconduct / Dogara, Gbajabiamila Finally Reach Truce / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by DExplorer1: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by iykak47: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
Femi Gbaja or is it Femi Gbajabiamila, why didn't you close your nyash before moving against Jona,now the hunter is the hunted. Before it was Farouk Lawal now this one, i don't know who is the bigger fraudster between the two.
The house of rep neeeds serious deliverance, those of them the public regard as ''saints'' are really the green
snakes in a green grass.
Chei! you have admited you are a wayo man, Femi next time you want to throw something, don't throw boomerang.

U see ur life, you don enter one chance be this ooo.gringringrin
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Elueme: 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2012
Thank you General GBAWE, the field marshal of Tinubu and ACN squad on nairaland for drawing my attention to this thing called GBAJABIA....., an abscondee of 1st class order.. A common criminal, a persona non-grata to the United States of America who now parades himself as a democrat thinking he will forever deceive Nigerians ... The likes of MILA are the battered image this country has before the international community.. We are not unaware of the drug involvement of their talki na do o, who they now worship.. Tell me how can these rogues lead Nigeria to eduorado? Just thinking

3 Likes

Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Pukkah: 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2012
The standards in Nigeria have fallen so badly to the extent that the quality of mercenaries and paid government agents is embarrassingly low. It is worrisome that such an awkward and inelegant group is the one that has been recruited to pour encomiums on the government. Generally speaking, the group lacks tact, style, and panache.

Rather than adopt the honourable way of defending their principal, master, and patron - President Jonathan, either by refuting the misconceptions about him (with facts) and/or regaling us with his achievements; these unthinking apologists and robotic minions resort to mudslinging, character assassination and outright lies. Whenever they are beaten at their game of shenanigans, they simply change their dirty antics by going for red herring and other diversionary tactics. In their folly, they totally forget that their master and patron is an elected official and so is and should not be immune from criticisms.

Curiously, there are several of these permanently-biased posters in circulation - no thanks to the battered economy which has produced millions of under-employed, unemployed and unemployable youths. For most of them, now popularly and derisively tagged ’40 laptop group’, their posts on this forum stand out in their unparalleled idiocy, unbridled partisanship, and unprecedented sycophancy. Again, for this group, their posts reek of all sorts of errors, which make you conclude that their recruitment process must have been as arbitrary and handled in the same manner in which their principal is running the country. This kind of development is not good for our country and it is a sad commentary on the general state of affairs which, ironically, they are stupidly defending.

One of them did have the misfortune to come across me days ago on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/994976/reps-threaten-impeach-president-goodluck/4#11531344. Faced with obvious defeat after intense walloping, he abandoned the thread and fled with his tail between his legs. This type of fleeing or volte face, after a woeful performance, is unflattering for a supposed mercenary. Such a person is too shallow, lily-livered, and unintelligent to engage unpaid, genuinely-concerned, and passion-driven citizens.

My word to this group, and their leader, is that they should up their game and conduct themselves in a respectable manner. We need intelligent and hard-hitting people as government spokespersons and not oafs, knuckleheads and common party hooligans. We need eggheads that can sift the constructive criticisms out of the millions against the Mr President and pass them on for possible review and implementation for the benefit of our country; and not unthinking robots who see the President as incapable of doing any wrong. We do not need jesters and thugs who only excel at hurling insults and readily manifest their ill-breeding whenever they are intellectually challenged or defeated.

Should they choose not to carry out their ‘jobs’ respectably or in a honest manner, they should realize that every action of man shall be repaid and rewarded. Those who sow the wind shall always reap the whirlwind.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by ubandire(m): 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
What do you expect from the ACN and their apologists who mask as progressives?the chickens are coming to roost,we now know who the crooks are.from Farouk to hembe to Farouk.These are the celebrated Nigerian progressives in the house,we've not seen anything yet.These are just hypocrites masquerading as lovers of the people.
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by 2mch(m): 7:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
IS this an article or someone's personal opinion you guys are responding to? Anyone can come up with any opinion. But support with facts. We are not kids or drunkards indulging in gossip. OP, try to get a job or a better one. What a rant. undecided
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2012
Who are these ppl giving their children ridiculous names?
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Yeske2(m): 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2012
Why is it now that he raised the motion on GEJ's impeachment that this stuff is coming to light? I smell a fish.
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by chic2pimp(m): 8:13pm On Jul 25, 2012
As if proonouncing GBAJAGATE was not hardwork on it's own, I now have to learn how to pronounce GBAJABIAMILA na real wa ooo.

1 Like

Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2012
lol. A wicked display of annoyance by the 40 laptop crew.
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
FJCRUISER:
na who be lair? abi na u be d paralegal wey no get name ? our politicians shd learn to b smart joor . one they ll say ther,s no truth in d allegation d next they ll say it's true but...............na wah JESUS no go come second time oh
Just say Amen and stop ranting.
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Delafruita(m): 8:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
Camilia247: it so shameful.. when i first saw the post ystdy i tot it was a mere allegation,but Gbajagate himself accepted that he appeared b4 the disciplinary commitee for misconduct and other offences, and gave excuse for change of name,na wa...just when we tot the r no bad eggs again in the house of reps, we r getting rotte ones..make God help naija...come to think of it, wot kind of law will such a person formulate, bad character is like pregnancy, it neva hides, in due time it becomes obvious...necessary agencies and org shud take action or else...

http://adedunmade..com/2012/07/femi-gbajabiamila-rebuts-allegations-of.html?spref=tw
its amazing that you posted the link but either didnt read it or couldnt comprehend it.the man admitted it happened,infact it was published as part of his book which was launched recently.he faced the georgia disciplinary board in 2003,did the necessary things and was cleared.his license to practise law remains intact.he didnt even go to a court because there was no charge.
i use his words-
"For the avoidance of doubt let me repeat my comments on the floor of the House just 5 days ago: " i like my President, but i like my people and my country more. If Mr President does not implement the budget 100% by September 18, this House must begin to file articles of impeachment against him". To this faceless group my postion has not changed.
I must also remind Mr President that it is on record that i fought tirelessly for him to be made the Acting President in this country in the face of serious opposition and at great risk to my wellbeing. I was the first and only legislator to move a motion to that effect on the floor when it was difficult to do so. It is with that same passion that i will and must continue to push that he obeys the laws of the land. That is my job. No more no less, amd for that i have no apologies.
I have stated my case now let the President state his.Now as we were saying Mr President sir before the debate was rudely interrupted by these guys, where is the peoples' money? We must as a country learn to address issues and not skirt them. We must leave shadows alone and deal with substance."
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Delafruita(m): 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
Camilia247: it so shameful.. when i first saw the post ystdy i tot it was a mere allegation,but Gbajagate himself accepted that he appeared b4 the disciplinary commitee for misconduct and other offences, and gave excuse for change of name,na wa...just when we tot the r no bad eggs again in the house of reps, we r getting rotte ones..make God help naija...come to think of it, wot kind of law will such a person formulate, bad character is like pregnancy, it neva hides, in due time it becomes obvious...necessary agencies and org shud take action or else...

http://adedunmade..com/2012/07/femi-gbajabiamila-rebuts-allegations-of.html?spref=tw
its amazing that you posted the link but either didnt read it or couldnt comprehend it.the man admitted it happened,infact it was published as part of his book which was launched recently.he faced the georgia disciplinary board in 2003,did the necessary things and was cleared.his license to practise law remains intact.he didnt even go to a court because there was no charge.
i use his words-
"For the avoidance of doubt let me repeat my comments on the floor of the House just 5 days ago: " i like my President, but i like my people and my country more. If Mr President does not implement the budget 100% by September 18, this House must begin to file articles of impeachment against him". To this faceless group my postion has not changed.
I must also remind Mr President that it is on record that i fought tirelessly for him to be made the Acting President in this country in the face of serious opposition and at great risk to my wellbeing. I was the first and only legislator to move a motion to that effect on the floor when it was difficult to do so. It is with that same passion that i will and must continue to push that he obeys the laws of the land. That is my job. No more no less, amd for that i have no apologies.
I have stated my case now let the President state his.Now as we were saying Mr President sir before the debate was rudely interrupted by these guys, where is the peoples' money? We must as a country learn to address issues and not skirt them. We must leave shadows alone and deal with substance."
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Delafruita(m): 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
Elueme: Thank you General GBAWE, the field marshal of Tinubu and ACN squad on nairaland for drawing my attention to this thing called GBAJABIA....., an abscondee of 1st class order.. A common criminal, a persona non-grata to the United States of America who now parades himself as a democrat thinking he will forever deceive Nigerians ... The likes of MILA are the battered image this country has before the international community.. We are not unaware of the drug involvement of their talki na do o, who they now worship.. Tell me how can these rogues lead Nigeria to eduorado? Just thinking
you are just a m.oron.have you even read his statement?he didnt commit a crime neither did he abscond.everything he stated in the statement is easily verifiable.the particular incident was even published in his recently launched autobiography.doesnt sound like a man whith somethiing to hide.
ebele just wants to distract us from the impeachment notice
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by FindOut(m): 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
Pukkah: The standards in Nigeria have fallen so badly to the extent that the quality of mercenaries and paid government agents is embarrassingly low. It is worrisome that such an awkward and inelegant group is the one that has been recruited to pour encomiums on the government. Generally speaking, the group lacks tact, style, and panache.

Rather than adopt the honourable way of defending their principal, master, and patron - President Jonathan, either by refuting the misconceptions about him (with facts) and/or regaling us with his achievements; these unthinking apologists and robotic minions resort to mudslinging, character assassination and outright lies. Whenever they are beaten at their game of shenanigans, they simply change their dirty antics by going for red herring and other diversionary tactics. In their folly, they totally forget that their master and patron is an elected official and so is and should not be immune from criticisms.

Curiously, there are several of these permanently-biased posters in circulation - no thanks to the battered economy which has produced millions of under-employed, unemployed and unemployable youths. For most of them, now popularly and derisively tagged ’40 laptop group’, their posts on this forum stand out in their unparalleled idiocy, unbridled partisanship, and unprecedented sycophancy. Again, for this group, their posts reek of all sorts of errors, which make you conclude that their recruitment process must have been as arbitrary and handled in the same manner in which their principal is running the country. This kind of development is not good for our country and it is a sad commentary on the general state of affairs which, ironically, they are stupidly defending.

One of them did have the misfortune to come across me days ago on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/994976/reps-threaten-impeach-president-goodluck/4#11531344. Faced with obvious defeat after intense walloping, he abandoned the thread and fled with his tail between his legs. This type of fleeing or volte face, after a woeful performance, is unflattering for a supposed mercenary. Such a person is too shallow, lily-livered, and unintelligent to engage unpaid, genuinely-concerned, and passion-driven citizens.

My word to this group, and their leader, is that they should up their game and conduct themselves in a respectable manner. We need intelligent and hard-hitting people as government spokespersons and not oafs, knuckleheads and common party hooligans. We need eggheads that can sift the constructive criticisms out of the millions against the Mr President and pass them on for possible review and implementation for the benefit of our country; and not unthinking robots who see the President as incapable of doing any wrong. We do not need jesters and thugs who only excel at hurling insults and readily manifest their ill-breeding whenever they are intellectually challenged or defeated.

Should they choose not to carry out their ‘jobs’ respectably or in a honest manner, they should realize that every action of man shall be repaid and rewarded. Those who sow the wind shall always reap the whirlwind.

Oro nla!!!
May the wise heed counsel, but the elders in yoruba land have said that 'the ájá(dog) that will sónu(get lost) will not hear the férè(whistle) of the ódé(hunter)
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
ubandire: What do you expect from the ACN and their apologists who mask as progressives?the chickens are coming to roost,we now know who the crooks are.from Farouk to hembe to Farouk.These are the celebrated Nigerian progressives in the house,we've not seen anything yet.These are just hypocrites masquerading as lovers of the people.
You mean farook belong to ACN?..funny man..lol.
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by phadat(m): 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
Obj AkA oracle has said it long ago that there are crooks and thieves in the house guess the man knows what he is saying
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
Stallion77:

See the person I am even exchanging words with pls read his online signature before he changes it.."Signature: "Because we believe that our ethnic group, our society, our political party, our God, is better than your God, we kill each other." -- Neale Donald Walsch

I was right wen I said he needed psychiatric attention...I will need to ignore u my friend. Sorry.
If you didn't understand the message in that great quote from Walsch, the I'm afraid you're the dumb one.
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by niyiduke01(m): 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
I have said it earlier that we should be expecting a lot of mudslinging,accusations and counter-accusation before september cos of the impeachment notice to GEJ...Well why are they exposing Gbajabiamila crime now since all these days? Is gbajabiamila a saint or villain? Nairalanders that are calling each other names,can they truly know the hearts of the politicians they are defending? Can there be any good things from guns(rifle,pistols,RPGs etc)except bullet and destructions i.e Nigerian politicians in general....Please Nigerians anybody that defends any of our politicians can be describe as enemy of progress and development cos they are all the same...or maybe you are benefiting from them in one way or other....Lets criticise them together..all ot them are Bad news..God bless Nigeria...I rest my case for now..
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Gbawe: 11:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
Delafruita:
you are just a m.oron.have you even read his statement?he didnt commit a crime neither did he abscond.everything he stated in the statement is easily verifiable.the particular incident was even published in his recently launched autobiography.doesnt sound like a man whith somethiing to hide.
ebele just wants to distract us from the impeachment notice

My brother, it is very obvious that the GEJ sycophants on NL are long on brawn but extremely short on brains. They bring lucid clarity to the saying "all brawn and no brains".
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:37am On Jul 26, 2012
Richard Branson the chairman of Virgin Atlantic alluded to a number of issue bordering on doing business in Nigeria:

"...we have virgin's ill-fated footsteps by setting up a new airline in Africa in conjunction with Nigerian government...the details of the doomed attempts to crack the Nigerian market in the 2000s is better imagined...we put ...together a very good airline-the first airline in West Africa that was ever IOSA/IATA operational safety audit accredited but unfortunately it got tied down to the politics of the country...we led the airlines for 11years...we fought daily battle against government agents who wanted to daily make fortune from us, politicians who saw the government 49% as a meal to seek for all kinds of favour...watchdogs(regulatory body) that didn't know what to do and persistently asking for bribes at any point...Nigeria people are generally nice but the politicians are very insane...that may be irony because the people make up the politicians...but those politicians are selfish...we did make N3billion for the federal government of Nigeria during the joint venture...realising that the government didn't bring nothing to the table/partnership except dubious debts by the previous carrier, Nigeria Airways...The joint venture should have been the biggest African carrier by now if the partnership was allowed to grow, but the politicians KILLED it...Nigeria is a country we SHALL NEVER consider to doing business again..''.
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by touchmehard: 10:12am On Jul 26, 2012
So Femi Gbabe has finally admitted his crime! Wonders shall never end. Why is the Houe of Reps filled with crooks? 2015 elections are fast approaching, we must therefore check d background of our candidates b4 voting them in. Everybody has a past actually but we need upright persons to lead us by example. God help us!
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by Delafruita(m): 10:25am On Jul 26, 2012
touch_me_hard: So Femi Gbabe has finally admitted his crime! Wonders shall never end. Why is the Houe of Reps filled with crooks? 2015 elections are fast approaching, we must therefore check d background of our candidates b4 voting them in. Everybody has a past actually but we need upright persons to lead us by example. God help us!
i was inclined to respond differently but i suspect you havent read his statement.read yourself and dont base your assessment of the man on what the laptop squad are saying.
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by coolguyz(m): 11:06am On Jul 26, 2012
do some people even comprehend what they read first before posting a response? i'm sure some on the responses are not after reading Gbajabiamila's response -

1. Was he convicted in a law court for a criminal offence? NO!. . . so where is the 'criminal' tag coming from?
2. Did he abscond? NO. . . .else how would the Georgia bar have been able to communicate him at his lagos address. he left a forwarding address. Abscondees don't have forwarding address
3. Has he been to Georgia after that? YES. . . .to clear his name and set records right taking full responsibility of what happened. Its a professional misconduct and ethics issue. every professional association sanction its members for varying violations even when its committed by someone in your employ.
4. Is he barred from entering the US? NO. . . .absconded convicts cant enter the US freely without facing the wrath of the law
5. Can he still practise LAW in Georgia? YES. . . .a criminal would not have this right
6. Was he found guilty of professional misconduct? YES. . . . he owned up to this but does this make him convict? NO
7. Is this story new? NO. . . .its in his biography released to the public

It is left for discerning minds to see between the lines. . . .efforts by faceless groups like this further puts GEJ in bad public opinion. the timing of the allegation and shallowness of the minds that are putting these allegations forward. they still need to learn the theatrics of fighting dirty politics!

2 Likes

Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by harri87(m): 11:17am On Jul 26, 2012
Music Promotions At its best in Nigeria.

H&M Nigeria:

@HandM_Nigeria (twitter)

www.handm.com.ng
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by ibamidele1: 11:37am On Jul 26, 2012
DIGITAL DIALOGUE AND CHINTO TECHNOLOGIES LTD PARTNERS TO BRING
CISCO BOOT CAMP CERTIFICATION IN NIGERIA
Cisco Systems, Inc. is the leading global vendor of internetworking hardware and software. Over 90% of Internet traffic passes through Cisco equipment, making Cisco one of the most sought after certifications, also over 80% of big organizations all over the world use cisco equipment to power their network infrastructure and secure their data. Cisco certifications can help you to land a better job in networking or to increase the salary in your current job or to make you one of the most sought after IT consultant.
Cisco offers three levels of certifications. All are prestigious and worth the effort. You can start at the Associate level with either one of these: a CCNA, CCNA VOICE, CCNA SECURITY, CCNA WIRELESS or CCDA, move up to the Professional level with either one of these: a CCNP, CCNP VOICE, CCNP SECURITY, CCNP WIRELESS or CCDP, and then on to the expert level with either one of these: a CCIE Routing & Switching, CCIE VOICE or CCIE SECURITY certifications.
Our sophisticated CISCO lab environment guarantees that you and your lab partners will use a full set of CISCO equipment, such as:
• Cisco 2611XM Routers
• Cisco 2811 Routers
• Cisco 2911 Routers
• Cisco 3640 core Router
• Cisco Catalyst 2960 Switches
• Cisco Catalyst 3560 Switches
• Cisco Catalyst 3750 Switches
• With an advanced CISCO IOS such as IOS version 12.4
No other training provider in Nigeria provides you with a multiple router/switch setup like ours.
For Inquiries call 01- 8779361, 08036660687 or call Sylvia on 08024781513 or contact us on our Emaill: chigozie.obioha@digitaldialoguenig.com. Website:www.digitaldialoguenig.com
Training periods are weekends and evenings only
START DATE: 21st AUSGUST 2012
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by HammedSodiqq: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
I have seen with dismay how people have abandoned the crux of matter under review, just becos they have allowed themselves to be overshadowed by tribe, religion and political affinity. Is it ethical to defraud a client? Or run to Nigeria to evade arrest? Is it good that we have dishonorable people in the National Assembly? Thank God he has owned up. Or should we trust a self confessed criminal? Then let's bring back IBORI and make him Honorable.
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by dtemidare: 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
i have said it before the guy is the biggest thief of all times. barawo
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by touchmehard: 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
Delafruita:
i was inclined to respond differently but i suspect you havent read his statement.read yourself and dont base your assessment of the man on what the laptop squad are saying.
I read his statement alright and I understand all he said okay. He's just trying to wipe his face soiled with corruption.
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by honeric01(m): 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2012
CAMPAIGN AND ALLEGATIONS AGAINST MY PERSON

My attention has been drawn to various newspaper paid advertisements calculated at disparaging my person and aimed at discouraging me from discharging my responsibilities as a legislator and as the leader of the opposition in the House of Representatives. To my traducers let me quickly and unequivocally state that I am not deterred but remain focused and even emboldened in my determination to continue to bring germane national issues to the fore and to hold the presidency and those in charge of our affairs accountable. Because I believe in accountability, I also must be accountable to the electorate. It is for this reason and this reason alone that I have decided to respond to a faceless and amorphous group that lack the courage to affix their names to their publications. Let me state very clearly that yes I was sanctioned by the Georgia Bar Disciplinary Board for professional misconduct and negligence due to an unfortunate ethical violation that took place about 10 years ago in 2003. There are no ifs, buts or ands about it. However here are the facts:
1. I returned to Nigeria in 2002 to prepare for party primaries and general elections. Prior to leaving the US, I had left instructions with my paralegal to close out pending files when due. He had instructions to pay my client 25000 dollars whenever her cheque was sent in. The cheque did not come in until January 2003 as the records show at which time I had already been in Nigeria for over 6 months. Unfortunately after paying in the cheque as instructed, he withdrew the money again as instructed with the cheque I had given him and he never paid the client but made away with it.
2. This did not come to my knowledge until I received a letter from the Georgia Bar in 2005. The letter was addressed to my Lagos address which I had left with the Georgia Bar as my contact address for any housekeeping matter that may arise after I might have left. It is necessary to state this as it is alleged that I absconded.
3. Upon receipt of the letter I immediately travelled to Atlanta to find out what was going on. Upon discovery of what had happened and being unable to trace the paralegal, I found myself in a bind as the disciplinary committee insisted I had violated rule 1.15 of Georgia Professional conduct pertaining to safe keeping, co-mingling of funds and allowing others to handle clients money. I accepted full responsibility and was sanctioned with a suspension. Had I anything to hide, I would not have gone back to Atlanta to clear all the issues.
4. This was a matter of not complying with strict ethical rules. At no time was I tried by any court for any criminal offence as it was never such. Attached is a letter from the State Bar of Georgia and paragraph 2 is very instructive. It should be noted that the Supreme Court of Georgia is vested with jurisdiction over professional ethics cases.
5. As evidenced in the attached letter, I am eligible to practice law in Georgia and remain in good standing. A convict can NEVER be eligible to practice law in the United States!
6. My family has always used the names Gbajabiamila and Gbaja interchangeably. For me, Gbaja was a lot easier for pronunciation in a foreign country and Gbajabiamila was more desirable for my adventure into politics for the purposes of name recognition. Any suggestion that I changed my name to avoid being traced, smacks of desperation to make a baseless allegation stick. Indeed I have maintained Gbaja as my Facebook name.
7. It should be noted that by law 33 percent of amount received is charged as legal fees by a US attorney for personal injury cases. Therefore, the amount was 25000 less than 33percent legal fees. No sane person would put his legal or political career in jeopardy for that.
8. Because of my strong belief in accountability and unknown to my traducers, I had publicly disclosed this incident to the whole world in a book (FEARLESS) about my political career that was published by Dr Wale Okediran (a renowned author) and launched June 27th of this year. I will refer this faceless group to Page 29 of the book which speaks as regards the issue. It is therefore clear that I had nothing to hide.
9. The cowardly act of this group shows unfortunately how degenerate our politics has become. To the discerning, it is clear where these attacks are coming from and indeed a crying shame that an elected representative can no longer speak freely in defense of those who elected him and in the interest of the country. I find it rather curious that these attacks came on the heels (only 3 days) of my moving for articles of impeachment against Mr President come September 18 if the proper thing is not done and the constitution and laws of the country continue to be violated. At no time did I ever think taking on a powerful office would be a tea party or would not produce virulent attacks. Such would be naivety on my part. However I am propelled by the belief that the hottest part of hell is reserved for those who say nothing when they should.

I wish to state that I have never prophesied to be saintly neither have I paraded myself as perfect. However my imperfections should not and will not stop me from doing that which is right. I have always believed and still do, that a mandate is not fulfilled upon election, rather it is fulfilled in standing up after the election to speak for the people who gave you that mandate. I have been given a mandate three times and I will continue to do the bidding of the owners of my mandate.

For the avoidance of doubt let me repeat my comments on the floor of the House just 5 days ago: "I like my President, but I like my people and my country more. If Mr President does not implement the budget 100% by September 18, this House must begin to file articles of impeachment against him” To this faceless group my position has not changed.

I must also remind Mr President that it is on record that I fought tirelessly for him to be made the Acting President in this country and I was the first and only legislator to move a motion to that effect on the floor when it was difficult to do so. It is with that same passion that I will continue to push that he obeys the laws of the land. That is my job. No more no less, and for that I have no apologies.

I have stated my case now let the President state his. Now as we were saying Mr President Sir before the debate was rudely interrupted by these guys, where is the peoples' money?

HON FEMI GBAJABIAMILA
LEADER OF OPPOSITION
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NIGERIA
Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by DExplorer1: 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
honeric01: CAMPAIGN AND ALLEGATIONS AGAINST MY PERSON

My attention has been drawn to various newspaper paid advertisements calculated at disparaging my person and aimed at discouraging me from discharging my responsibilities as a legislator and as the leader of the opposition in the House of Representatives. To my traducers let me quickly and unequivocally state that I am not deterred but remain focused and even emboldened in my determination to continue to bring germane national issues to the fore and to hold the presidency and those in charge of our affairs accountable. Because I believe in accountability, I also must be accountable to the electorate. It is for this reason and this reason alone that I have decided to respond to a faceless and amorphous group that lack the courage to affix their names to their publications. Let me state very clearly that yes I was sanctioned by the Georgia Bar Disciplinary Board for professional misconduct and negligence due to an unfortunate ethical violation that took place about 10 years ago in 2003. There are no ifs, buts or ands about it. However here are the facts:
1. I returned to Nigeria in 2002 to prepare for party primaries and general elections. Prior to leaving the US, I had left instructions with my paralegal to close out pending files when due. He had instructions to pay my client 25000 dollars whenever her cheque was sent in. The cheque did not come in until January 2003 as the records show at which time I had already been in Nigeria for over 6 months. Unfortunately after paying in the cheque as instructed, he withdrew the money again as instructed with the cheque I had given him and he never paid the client but made away with it.
2. This did not come to my knowledge until I received a letter from the Georgia Bar in 2005. The letter was addressed to my Lagos address which I had left with the Georgia Bar as my contact address for any housekeeping matter that may arise after I might have left. It is necessary to state this as it is alleged that I absconded.
3. Upon receipt of the letter I immediately travelled to Atlanta to find out what was going on. Upon discovery of what had happened and being unable to trace the paralegal, I found myself in a bind as the disciplinary committee insisted I had violated rule 1.15 of Georgia Professional conduct pertaining to safe keeping, co-mingling of funds and allowing others to handle clients money. I accepted full responsibility and was sanctioned with a suspension. Had I anything to hide, I would not have gone back to Atlanta to clear all the issues.
4. This was a matter of not complying with strict ethical rules. At no time was I tried by any court for any criminal offence as it was never such. Attached is a letter from the State Bar of Georgia and paragraph 2 is very instructive. It should be noted that the Supreme Court of Georgia is vested with jurisdiction over professional ethics cases.
5. As evidenced in the attached letter, I am eligible to practice law in Georgia and remain in good standing. A convict can NEVER be eligible to practice law in the United States!
6. My family has always used the names Gbajabiamila and Gbaja interchangeably. For me, Gbaja was a lot easier for pronunciation in a foreign country and Gbajabiamila was more desirable for my adventure into politics for the purposes of name recognition. Any suggestion that I changed my name to avoid being traced, smacks of desperation to make a baseless allegation stick. Indeed I have maintained Gbaja as my Facebook name.
7. It should be noted that by law 33 percent of amount received is charged as legal fees by a US attorney for personal injury cases. Therefore, the amount was 25000 less than 33percent legal fees. No sane person would put his legal or political career in jeopardy for that.
8. Because of my strong belief in accountability and unknown to my traducers, I had publicly disclosed this incident to the whole world in a book (FEARLESS) about my political career that was published by Dr Wale Okediran (a renowned author) and launched June 27th of this year. I will refer this faceless group to Page 29 of the book which speaks as regards the issue. It is therefore clear that I had nothing to hide.
9. The cowardly act of this group shows unfortunately how degenerate our politics has become. To the discerning, it is clear where these attacks are coming from and indeed a crying shame that an elected representative can no longer speak freely in defense of those who elected him and in the interest of the country. I find it rather curious that these attacks came on the heels (only 3 days) of my moving for articles of impeachment against Mr President come September 18 if the proper thing is not done and the constitution and laws of the country continue to be violated. At no time did I ever think taking on a powerful office would be a tea party or would not produce virulent attacks. Such would be naivety on my part. However I am propelled by the belief that the hottest part of hell is reserved for those who say nothing when they should.

I wish to state that I have never prophesied to be saintly neither have I paraded myself as perfect. However my imperfections should not and will not stop me from doing that which is right. I have always believed and still do, that a mandate is not fulfilled upon election, rather it is fulfilled in standing up after the election to speak for the people who gave you that mandate. I have been given a mandate three times and I will continue to do the bidding of the owners of my mandate.

For the avoidance of doubt let me repeat my comments on the floor of the House just 5 days ago: "I like my President, but I like my people and my country more. If Mr President does not implement the budget 100% by September 18, this House must begin to file articles of impeachment against him" To this faceless group my position has not changed.

I must also remind Mr President that it is on record that I fought tirelessly for him to be made the Acting President in this country and I was the first and only legislator to move a motion to that effect on the floor when it was difficult to do so. It is with that same passion that I will continue to push that he obeys the laws of the land. That is my job. No more no less, and for that I have no apologies.

I have stated my case now let the President state his. Now as we were saying Mr President Sir before the debate was rudely interrupted by these guys, where is the peoples' money?

HON FEMI GBAJABIAMILA
LEADER OF OPPOSITION
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NIGERIA

So long and almost convincing. Where is the trashcan on NL.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know

1 Like

Re: Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct by honeric01(m): 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
D-Explorer:

So long and almost convincing. Where is the trashcan on NL.

Ask beaf and the 40 laptops.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Political Families Of The World / BOMBSHEL! Kanu Replies FG, Says "Bail Condition Is For Daura Cow, Not Me" (video / Watch Yorubas Calling For Tinubu And Sanwolu's Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.