Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,339 members, 7,974,430 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 02:22 AM

Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O (3119 Views)

Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O by ektbear: 8:18am On Jul 26, 2012
Err.

OK, who on earth builds libraries in any municipality but the government?

"business of building libraries", indeed.

I bought shares in a library corporation @ $20 in March, it is at $50/share now grin
Re: Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O by pixel83: 8:29am On Jul 26, 2012
Re: Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O by pixel83: 8:30am On Jul 26, 2012
Thumbs up Fash!

Ermmm... Y am I seeing some empty spaces in the shelves? Books don scarce for market?
Re: Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O by Gbawe: 9:18am On Jul 26, 2012
antitpiah: ^^^

Maybe Fashola should start charging for the air Lagosians breathe, just like NYC and Paris. Dumb Africans . . . why cant they just be as enlightened as Gbawe and Fashola. After all, Fashola paid through his nose while growing up in Lagos, a city on the same scale and standard as other world cities.

Look, it is not every time you must 'bring' your madness. Very populous Cities tend to be relatively expensive to live in. If you noticed, it is Afam4eva statement quoting his friends disgruntlement with London life that I responded to specifically. I don't subscribe to taxing/charging citizens to death but I am not ignorant of the challenges extremely populous Cities face regarding the management of scarce resources. Everything is even more tragic in the case of Nigeria where the federal government itself engaged in the deliberate census fraud that, in the first place, dealt Fashola and Lagos a very difficult hand.

The FG continues to tell the world that lagos is home to 9 million people and less populous than Kano. The reality is that Lagos, if we are not in an extremely feudalistic and divided Country where leaders play politics with everything, deserves special Status recognition for it's population the State itself and many international agencies put at 15 to 18 million. I really don't wish to go into any back and forth but I would urge you to look at what Fashola has to deal with, in the real context of severe challenges, before talking.

How about some decency and honesty ,from some of you so called "exposed Nigerians", to admit that Lagos has changed immensely from the City Fashola "grew up in" before this you show of contrarian talk? I don't know many Nations of the world that sabotage one of their most important City by deliberately under-counting and under-funding her because she is deemed ,childishly and bellicosely, as somehow less worthy of help due to how she is "in the hands of the opposition".

In sensible Nations, we know what the federal Government should be supporting Lagos to become to the extent Fashola alone would not bear the overwhelming burden of raising funds for continuous development of perhaps Nigeria's most important State. Some of you should ponder upon the patent unfairness of how Fashola fends for 15-18 million folks when the Federal Government stubbornly only accept, for administrative purpose, that 9 million folks live in Lagos. Let us begin addressing the fundamental fraud, 'imbalances' and dishonest 'quicksand' our Nation is built on before attempting to demonize the few who are really trying hard like Fashola.
Re: Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O by Akanbiedu(m): 9:38am On Jul 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Look, it is not every time you must 'bring' your madness. Very populous Cities tend to be relatively expensive to live in. If you noticed, it is Afam4eva statement quoting his friends disgruntlement with London life that I responded to specifically. I don't subscribe to taxing/charging citizens to death but I am not ignorant of the challenges extremely populous Cities face regarding the management of scarce resources. Everything is even more tragic in the case of Nigeria where the federal government itself engaged in the deliberate census fraud that, in the first place, dealt Fashola and Lagos a very difficult hand.

The FG continues to tell the world that lagos is home to 9 million people and less populous than Kano. The reality is that Lagos, if we are not in an extremely feudalistic and divided Country where leaders play politics with everything, deserves special Status recognition for it's population the State itself and many international agencies put at 15 to 18 million. I really don't wish to go into any back and forth but I would urge you to look at what Fashola has to deal with, in the real context of severe challenges, before talking.

How about some decency and honesty ,from some of you so called "exposed Nigerians", to admit that Lagos has changed immensely from the City Fashola "grew up in" before this you show of contrarian talk? I don't know many Nations of the world that sabotage one of their most important City by deliberately under-counting and under-funding her because she is deemed ,childishly and bellicosely, as somehow less worthy of help due to how she is "in the hands of the opposition".

In sensible Nations, we know what the federal Government should be supporting Lagos to become to the extent Fashola alone would not bear the overwhelming burden of raising funds for continuous development of perhaps Nigeria's most important State. Some of you should ponder upon the patent unfairness of how Fashola fends for 15-18 million folks when the Federal Government stubbornly only accept, for administrative purpose, that 9 million folks live in Lagos. Let us begin addressing the fundamental fraud, 'imbalances' and dishonest 'quicksand' our Nation is built on before attempting to demonize the few who are really trying hard like Fashola.

God bless you.
Re: Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O by maclatunji: 10:02am On Jul 26, 2012
antitpiah: ^^^

Maybe Fashola should start charging for the air Lagosians breathe, just like NYC and Paris. Dumb Africans . . . why cant they just be as enlightened as Gbawe and Fashola. After all, Fashola paid through his nose while growing up in Lagos, a city on the same scale and standard as other world cities.

What are the priorities that the Lagos State Government ought to focus on in your opinion?
Re: Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O by feelamong(m): 10:05am On Jul 26, 2012
Eko Ile: We don't make noise

We don't make silly promises

We don't say we plan to

We don't say we hope to

We don't say we are looking into

We don't set up committees

We don't BS around

WE JUST DO IT>>>>>>>>>>>
Eko o ni baje lai lai

God Bless The Great State Of Lagos

Abeg I don tire for all this una Noise.....JUST PASTE THE WEB SITE ADDRESS make my children fit stay for house borrow book read. Sebi una say na E- library!!
Re: Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O by Htown64(m): 10:09am On Jul 26, 2012
afam4eva: At least he has learned something from Akpabio. Thumbs up Fashola.
very true and Delta Govt is nowhere to be found on this E revolution that is sweeping the south south!
Re: Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O by Htown64(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2012
feelamong:

Abeg I don tire for all this una Noise.....JUST PASTE THE WEB SITE ADDRESS make my children fit stay for house borrow book read. Sebi una say na E- library!!
you wan show your self here abi? Go find paperback books buy give your children jare if you really care about their education.
Re: Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O by EkoIle1: 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Err.

OK, who on earth builds libraries in any municipality but the government?

"business of building libraries", indeed.

I bought shares in a library corporation @ $20 in March, it is at $50/share now grin

You just have to shake your head and feel so so sorry for Nigeria with so many ignorant folks and illiterates running around.
Re: Fashola Commissions State–of–the–art E–learning Centre. (pics) Eko O Ni Baje O by Demdem(m): 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
Only God knows when the retardeen will start commissioning projects

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Of Nigerian Community In Bangkok Thailand Mr Gilbert Akudo Ndigwe . / Some Grim Ebola Pictures From Liberia! / Have You Registered For Your National Identity Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.