Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,253 members, 7,964,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 08:46 AM

9icetoo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9icetoo's Profile / 9icetoo's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 126 pages)

Car Talk / Re: Club-Lexus by 9icetoo(m): 10:47am On Apr 22, 2023
olumzzz:

What are your reasons?
I wan hear these reasons too.

Nothing I no go see for Nairaland cartalk.
Car Talk / Re: Almost Brand New Hyundai Accent For Sale! Its sold now..thanks by 9icetoo(m): 9:42am On Apr 22, 2023
picaso313:
for upgrade sir.. u can come with ypur mechanic or scan tool what ever you want to come with to inspect the car so you can satisfy your curiosity
Your number isn't going thru

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2023
nurey:

Crosstour with VCM is dicey except maybe you pick 2013 upwards.

The MDX is reliable but not good on gas
The v6 crosstour isn't too good on gas either.

And that crosstour looks hideous. undecided

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Washing Car During Rain Season Is Like Wasting Money. Do You Wash? by 9icetoo(m): 10:30am On Apr 19, 2023
valarinz:

Cumrade, who are you do decide on our behalf😒

I would like to know how the 95% is tracked. grin
Car Talk / Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by 9icetoo(m): 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
Piyke:

Lol. Even in Abuja it's not as easy. I was doing those spirited stuff Saturday mornings. I leave at 6am. By 730 - 8am my preferred stretch would become clogged. At that point I shift to a different lonelier road to finish.
Come to Abuja and pull the head, then I can send you the pistons. Lol

On 5 treatments, I guess it's to do with the level of build up in the first place. Also I think if I were doing like a 500km trip, it wouldn't have taken 5 tanks.
grin grin at the bolded.
I do long distance regularly. Just came back from a 450 mile round trip though not driven spiritedly. Now i am all about MPG not SPG.
Well, if i ever come to abuja, i will surely use that boroscope of yours to see whats going on in this engine of mine.
No performance issues at the moment but i can bet nigerian fuel has done a number on the pistons. How much is the liqui moly by the way?
Car Talk / Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by 9icetoo(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
nurey:

Obalende to Ogudu (using 3rd mainland bridge) is around 25km, do it 4 times to and fro between the hours of 10:30am to 1:30pm when the road is very free grin
And what happens to my sleep? You wan hear say 9icetoo die on top 3rd MB abi? Your plan is not going to work.
Car Talk / Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by 9icetoo(m): 7:26am On Apr 17, 2023
Piyke:

Finally posted the Liqui Moly valve clean video. I'm impressed that this supposed valve cleaner also cleans pistons.
Took multiple treatments, but we'll worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWKIycwZtY0

cc'ing the usual suspects😇
9icetoo
aieromon
paix
Kirkman
olenyi
nnamokenna
sooperrescue

Cool stuff.
It's just sad it took more than 5 treatments and some spirited driving to get it done.

Where Lagos people wan see road drive spiritedly for 100 miles? cheesy.
In their dreams.

Oya, send your piston down make I send you my own. After 1900 miles, we swap again. cheesy

That your boroscope is cool man. Me likey.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Help Me Choose Between Venza, Camry And BMW by 9icetoo(m): 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2023
FavouredBiano:

Meaning?
To open thread seeking advice don become something for a few 'known' people?
He wasn't referring to you.

The person he was referring to knows himself.

He suggested venza for you.

4 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Help Me Choose Between Venza, Camry And BMW by 9icetoo(m): 7:22am On Apr 13, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

Venza.
Did you see his purchase price?

Unless na naija used him wan buy.
Crime / Re: Police Officer Captured Harassing A Man At Emohua Checkpoint, Port Harcourt by 9icetoo(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Not of joy to me but they are not always guilty. Wish you more
If I say you are quite dense, no take am as curse.

Na fact.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by 9icetoo(m): 7:25am On Apr 09, 2023
NwokoloOwa:
Whats all this again.

So NPF is not tired of all this. They started with NPF Central Motor Registry (CMR) after a while a new IGP banned it. After some years later another IGP came and started the Enhanced Central Motor Registry (ECMR) whatever that means. After years other IGPs stated that you don't need any other registry once your car is licensed, that Police and the Licensing offices share information. So what is this now. This IGP is going back to dig up an unnecessary and failed policy
Exactly.

Thank you.

There is no provision in the law for that bullshit ECMR.
Car Talk / Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by 9icetoo(m): 7:22am On Apr 09, 2023
greggng:

Cmr has been part of vehicle particulars for years .is the only document with police logo ...
According to the road traffic act and highway code, it shouldn't be.

It should be one of the processes the licensing office should go through before issuing you a vehicle registration license.

The vehicle licensing office ought to confirm by themselves as part of their checks that the vehicle being registered has not been reported stolen.

Nigeria just works in reverse.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Israel Launches Air Raids On Gaza, Lebanon (Pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2023
Perfect illustration of this post.

Car Talk / Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by 9icetoo(m): 3:04pm On Apr 08, 2023
AutoManual:
please explain.
T. Just booking space

Foreign Affairs / Re: Israel Launches Air Raids On Gaza, Lebanon (Pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 8:47am On Apr 08, 2023
Antiochus:

It was Israel that started this brouhaha by raiding Al-aqsa first. U.S, Canada, UK, Italy and others have criticised Israel for it's actions. Read up please.
So firing rockets into Israel to kill innocent people is a good response to the mosque raid?

What value do you place on human life?
Foreign Affairs / Re: Israel Launches Air Raids On Gaza, Lebanon (Pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 8:44am On Apr 08, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
Israeli army says it’s ‘striking in Lebanon’ following air attacks on Gaza amid rising tension in wake of Al-Aqsa raids.

ALJAZEERA
Let me get this straight.

1. Israeli army walks into a mosque (didn't kill anyone).
2. Lebanese militia launch rockets to kill people (which you didn't gloriously report on the front page hypocritically)
3. Israel responds to the rocket attacks with air raids and you run to the front page with aljazeeera?

Where is thy sense human?
Car Talk / Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by 9icetoo(m): 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
I hope the NPF won't start demanding for this document on the road.

Vehicle registration is the responsibility of the Vehicle licensing office as enshrined in the road traffic act.

It did not list the NPF as an agency in vehicle registrations.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Car Talk / Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by 9icetoo(m): 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
diportivo:
na wa o
My brother.

The matter weak me. Abeg pass me the kpoli.
Car Talk / Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by 9icetoo(m): 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
Angrygoat:
Qcura horsepower I think is about 280 or so. Na beast. Na sports suv
300hP if its the 08-13 model.
Car Talk / Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by 9icetoo(m): 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
ukandi1:
The guy probably didn't give you a chase because of tyres and suspension issues.
My experience driving both cars is simple.
1. Both run on the same engine type -- 1MZ
2. The ES version is lighter and would accelerate reaching a particular odometer reading before the heavy weight highlander.
3. Bigger tyres of highlander is excess luggage
1. There was nowhere in his writeup that he specified his engine size. How you came up with that engine type is beyond me. 1MZ stopped in the 2003 model of both the highlander and es330. 3mz was used from 2003/4 upwards for the v6 highlander and 2GR for the 2008 and up V6 model.
2. You are correct
3. You are correct all things being equal (gearing).

That said, OP, racing an ES330 with innocent souls on board is a borderline madness. Those souls trusted you to take them to their destination safely and not play Russian roulette with their lives.
Relay the same message to the ES330 Hamilton wannabe.

Thanks.

11 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Lexus IS 250 For Tall People ? by 9icetoo(m): 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
kingreign:

K
That guy grin
You like wahalla I swear. grin

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: My Experience In Enugu Biggest Auto Mechanic And Part Market Called "Coal Calm" by 9icetoo(m): 3:41pm On Mar 19, 2023
chukel:
you no even get sense. You went to a used car parts market to purchase an obd scanner? This small car you manage buy, pesin no go hear word for NL.
My brother. The matter just tire me.

E be like person wey go bend down select market dey find packed TM shirts.

To each his own sha.

3 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Toyota Gurus, Why Is The Toyota Gears Failing? by 9icetoo(m): 8:22am On Mar 12, 2023
diportivo:

Let him be.

No teach am. No tell am. Watch the film cumrade.
Car Talk / Re: Hello Mdx Or Crosstour by 9icetoo(m): 8:14am On Mar 12, 2023
Emmy909:
Hello boss in here
Between honda crosstour 010 to 012 and mdx Acura 010 to 012, which is good to buy maintenance wise and fuel economical ??
Naija used!

Maintenance wise, not much difference between the v6 crosstour and the mdx.
For fuel economy, go with the 4 cylinder crosstour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Car Talk / Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by 9icetoo(m): 10:54am On Mar 10, 2023
sooperrescue:

It seems like you are fixated on something. Folks here once accused Dru23 of destroying his Kia Rio with his extended performance oil. Mobil 1 for Toyota Honda and Nissan was made for a reason. It is like a Toyota Corolla 06 using premium unleaded fuel. A lot of people were using Castrol edge extended performance 5w30 on a Toyota 06 when the same oil is recommended for a 2018 range Rover Evoque. Oil na oil team

You are the one fixated on something. OIL!!!!!!!!
Regardless of brand, oil spec is oil spec.

If Toyota recommended dyno oil spec and a car owner uses synthetic, he is going above and beyond. He has done better than recommended. it stands to reason with verifiable facts that his engine and vehicle is being better maintained.

Extended performance has nothing to do with sludge formation. Castrol has nothing to do with sludge formation.

Usage and oil change interval have everything to do with it!!!!!

Rest.

This will be my last response to you. I would rather have discussions with people with an open mind and who really want to solve problems rather than the banal toyota this range rover that rubbish.
Car Talk / Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by 9icetoo(m): 7:29am On Mar 10, 2023
sooperrescue:

The oil were way above what was recommended for Toyota. I remember that I told them that Toyota never recommended extended performance Mobil 1 but they were swayed away by the guys. So the reason was that the owners were using the wrong oil and it caused sludge
There is no harm in going up in oil specs. The harm is in going down.

Using synthetic in a modern vehicle that doesn't call for synthetic won't cause sludge.

I don't know why you get these facts all twisted all the time.

Other factors have contributed to this issue and not the oil.

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by 9icetoo(m): 7:26am On Mar 10, 2023
Itsrm:

Yes they were imported Mobil 1.

Infact, when the first incidence happened, I thought the first seller sold fake oil to me so I stopped buying from him and switched to the usual 20w 50.

When I imported the second vehicle, it came in with less than 110,000 miles. I started buying oil and filter from the second seller. Oil was changed every 5000 miles. To my surprise, same sludge issues after a couple of months.

Now I just use 20w50 and change every 2500 miles.

Funny thing is, same oil from the same seller in two other vehicles (a J32 engine and a VQ37 ) with oil changes every 5000 miles do not have any sludge issues. These ones are privately driven and not used for ehaling.

Apparently, it's not the seller. It's either from the IZZ Fe engine as others have said or something to do with what the vehicle is being used for(ehailing)

I will go with the e-hailing reason.
It was used in 'a severe manner'.

Short trips, long idling times etc.
Oil changes should have been sooner. The change to 2500 OCI has seemingly solved the problem.

Thanks for your contribution.
Car Talk / Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by 9icetoo(m): 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
Piyke:

1. Mostly used Coastal 5w-30 semi-synthetic motor oil. When not available used other brands like Castrol (same oil weight).
2. Stuck to 5000km (3107 miles) religiously, didn't go by number of months although he said he changed his oil a number of times in any given year.
Now this is a cause for concern. One more question, did he buy these oils from reputable filling stations for eg in the case of Castrol, did he buy the oil from Eterna filling station or from the open market?
His OCI is very good. However, i need to ask two more questions on that, does he frequently drive short distances i.e less than 10km during each of the drives and has his cooling system been tropicalized (bypassed and thermostat removed)?

If he has been buying oils from the open market, then the sludge was inevitable. If he frequently drives short distances and has bypassed his cooling system, then the sludge was also inevitable.
Car Talk / Re: Toyota Gurus, Why Is The Toyota Gears Failing? by 9icetoo(m): 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
sooperrescue:

We know that it is overhyped and it is giving us headache but are there no solutions ? Buying a a used gear box for a 2018 Highlander for 2.5m is scary. The said car is very clean and nothing was done on the body and yet the gear failed. What should be the advice for the owners? Any real experts for Toyota cars should help resolve this issue. Money is scarce and car repairs are low and no one is smiling.
They are known for being reliable and they actually are. No one hypes them. They do not claim to be what they are not.
https://www.waltersmercedesbenzofriverside.com/mercedes-benz-transmission-repair-and-service-in-riverside/

According to the site above, benz transmissions are good for 150k to 200k miles. After that, you are on your own. A vast majority of Toyotas and hondas on our roads today are way past these mileage and going strong. How many people can afford low mileage accident free toyotas?

Several have gone on to 500k miles on the same transmission.

Go and find out why transmissions are failing (perform proper investigations and diagnosis starting with the highlander trans you want to replace). I suggest you start with the writeup from Nurey. I am also here to help if you need me cos i can see research is not your thing.
Maybe, just maybe, you will open up a new market front for yourself.

I really don't get the whole toyota this toyota that. if toyota transmissions were that bad, they wouldn't score so high on the reliability index.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Toyota Gurus, Why Is The Toyota Gears Failing? by 9icetoo(m): 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
nurey:

Yes toyota is overpriced in Nigeria compared to other competitors.

As a seasoned technician that you are. You should rather investigate the reason for the failure a working gear box with no known defect won't pack up.

The said a replacement gear cost 2.5m for a car that cost close to 15m + I think that price is fair considering the vehicle is still less than 5years and a replacement gear will certainly have low miles.

Before you complain though concerning replacement cost, let's know what the competition replacement cost would be for cars in same category.

Nigerians want to buy expensive cars but don't want to pay for the expensive cost of maintenance and fix
I am waiting for him
Car Talk / Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by 9icetoo(m): 7:45am On Mar 09, 2023
Piyke:

Still watching much content on sludge removal lol. Seems diesel works. I agree that that 1ZZ-FE engine seems more prone to sludge. A friend of mine who has always maintained a rigorous service schedule with 5w-30 is also facing sludge on his 2002 Camry. Generally, I've seen more sludge on Toyota than Honda cars.
1. What brand of 5w30 was he using?
2. What was his oil change interval?
5k miles, 6 months, one year?

We need to explore the reasons for this sludge so others can learn from it.
Car Talk / Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 7:34am On Mar 09, 2023
Nemesisobaara:

Thank you Kingreign. I refused taking the vehicle to him, even after he called me severally to bring the vehicle to his workshop. Meanwhile, I noticed something today when driving on the highway today. If I accelerate constantly, before the speedometer gets to 40, the car vibrates and then becomes smooth again, it also happens before it reaches 60. It's like a vibration that you will think the road is rough, then it becomes smooth again until its above to reach the next point. I think this vibration happens when the vehicle is about to change from one gear to the other. What could be the cause please?
1. Scan.
2. Inspect inner cup of shaft for wear. If cv boot is torn, then, the cup or the spicer bearing is worn. Replace as a unit. Ensure it is done in a clean place and no impurity is introduced into your transmission during that activity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 126 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.