Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,315 members, 7,967,768 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 08:09 AM

9jagist's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jagist's Profile / 9jagist's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Romance / Re: Help!! How Do I Overcome Cheating by 9jagist(m): 12:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
okpara ugo: In a short while you will be crying...
crying? how
Romance / Re: Help!! How Do I Overcome Cheating by 9jagist(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2014
@muaa:
How many of them? And how do u mean EQUALLY?
5 of them, equally you know now, all areas
Romance / Re: Help!! How Do I Overcome Cheating by 9jagist(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2014
dyt babe: Explain better
I do not understand
i mean, currently i keep like 5 and it all happened fast
Romance / Help!! How Do I Overcome Cheating by 9jagist(m): 9:05am On Jul 05, 2014
how can one overcome cheating , i see myself keeping many of them, but i love them all as well, and dont want to let any go, i treat them equally, so to me that's not cheating or is it, if it is them advice me pls becos i am getting confused already.
Politics / Re: "Heart Attacks & Frustration Kill 7 Parents Of Chibok Girls" - Community Leader by 9jagist(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2014
i still believe there is no missing girl

11 Likes

Politics / Re: Full Meaning Of APC (Angry People's Congress) by 9jagist(m): 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2014
Lets keep the ball rolling, fire down
Family / Re: A Must Read:married Or Not, You Should Read This by 9jagist(m): 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2014
The reason i brought it here is becos it is motivational and that doesn't get old
Politics / Re: Full Meaning Of APC (Angry People's Congress) by 9jagist(m): 7:56am On Jul 04, 2014
ANAMBRA11: association of political cannibals
agberos people congress
association of past criminals
association of pained criminals
all hail the supporter of APC party!

Thanks for supplying us more Meaning of that rubbish Acronym APC
Politics / Full Meaning Of APC (Angry People's Congress) by 9jagist(m): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2014

That's the full meaning of APC to me, cos ever since their existence, nothing good came out of them, if not quarrel, nah pointing accusing fingers and blaming Jonathan, of recent they appointed 52 years old fool as Youth Leader, can you imagine, that mean adult-hood begins at 80 in APC.
APC is a formation of frustrated and position ambitious seekers of PDP that decamped and formed this thing call APC.
To me, they have no focus and no agenda.
A candid Advice to APC if they want to even near competing with Goodluck over 2015 election, is for them to bring out a true youth, of age 30-34 as their Presidential Flag Bearer, this would be seen as change , and definitely 92% of Nigerians Want change. Abi nah Lie?
they should build their strength around youth, and the unemployed in Nigeria.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Balarabe Musa Claims Jonathan’s Incompetence Is Affecting Nigeria by 9jagist(m): 7:32am On Jul 04, 2014
well, cant this APC(Angry Peoples Congress) lets us rest in 9ja

1 Like

Politics / Balarabe Musa Claims Jonathan’s Incompetence Is Affecting Nigeria by 9jagist(m): 6:57am On Jul 04, 2014

Second Republic Governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, on Thursday, took a swipe at President Goodluck Jonathan, alleging that his incompetence has affected every part of Nigeria.

Musa, who said this during an interview with The PUNCH, added that the fact that over 200 schoolgirls abducted by the Boko Haram sect from Chibok, Borno State, had not been rescued after 80 days showed gross incompetence on the part of the Federal Government.

He described the involvement of foreign security agents in the bid to rescue the schoolgirls and halt Boko Haram insurgency as unpatriotic, saying the Federal Government had the capacity to handle the situation.

Musa said, “Jonathan’s incompetence has affected every part of Nigeria. The inability to resolve the issue of the abduction of the schoolgirls from Chibok, Borno State and the continued abduction of women and children is a show of gross incompetence on the part of the Federal Government.

“Apart from that, President Goodluck Jonathan and his government went ahead to unpatriotically invite foreigners to solve a problem that the Federal Government has the capacity to solve. And up till today, the foreigners have not been able to identify where the abducted children are. Nothing concrete is coming both from the Federal Government and those invited to help.”

When asked if it was proper for Jonathan to seek re-election given the current state of the nation, Musa said the Peoples Democratic Party would suffer defeat in the 2015 presidential election if it nominated the President as its candidate.

He said, “Considering the negative state of the nation, that has affected every part of Nigeria, particularly the level of poverty and insecurity. Jonathan should not contest for re-election in 2015. His party will not even nominate him. But if it does, it will face the consequences, because Jonathan will lose the election woefully.

“He will not get reasonable votes even in the South-South where he comes from because the South-South is also suffering from the negative state of the nation. South-South people are also suffering from the current level of unemployment, hunger and insecurity. Jonathan’s incompetence has affected every part of Nigeria.”

Musa also ruled out the possibility of the All Progressives Congress being behind the Boko Haram insurgency, saying no political party has the capacity to sponsor such sustained terrorist attacks.

He said the insurgency was aimed at destabilising Nigeria and noted that only the Federal Government, some rich criminals, and foreign imperialists, who are seeking the disintegration of Nigeria, have the capacity to sponsor it.
http://www.9jagist.com/balarabe-musa-claims-jonathans-incompetence-is-affecting-nigeria/
Politics / We Didn’t Communicate Well On Chibok Girls Says Okonjo-iweala by 9jagist(m): 6:48am On Jul 04, 2014

The Nigerian government did not adequately communicate with the press about the nearly 300 schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram, Nigerian Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala admitted to CNN’s Christiane Amanpour on Thursday.

“This is a very delicate situation with an unpredictable group. And I think that maybe this is one of the areas where we have not been able to communicate as well as we can.”

“The President has two daughters,” she said. “These children are our children. But we did not communicate that well.”

Critics say that far from just releasing bad information, the government released demonstrably false information.

Just days after the kidnapping in April, the Nigerian military announced that all but a handful of the girls had been released; that claim was soon disproved, and the girls are still missing.

“I don’t know how that happened,” Okonjo-Iweala said. “The issue now is not whether we are criticized or not criticized unfairly. I think we should forget about all that.”

That public relations is to blame may be precious little consolation to the parents of the girls, who are still missing, but Okonjo-Iweala’s new initiative to better secure Nigeria’s schools may help.

She has come to London to announce a new “Safe Schools” initiative, designed to avoid wholesale girl-snatching.

“The issue is what are we doing as a government to make things better? And this Safe Schools Initiative that has been launched with the help of Gordon Brown is one of the instruments.”

“We are trying to say to these girls: We are not just going to fold our hands. We will be working hard to get you back. But when you come back, you should find a different place.”

President Goodluck Jonathan is “trying to work with the UK, with France, the U.S., and other countries – China – to be able to get more intelligence, better intelligence, support, and support the army. Troops have been increased from 15,000 to 20,000 to try and provide better security.”

“This does not mean that you will not see incidents, because the nature of this type of insurgency is one single person can cause a problem somewhere.”

The government is leaving open all possibilities to get the girls back, she said, including negotiation with Boko Haram.

Just two weeks ago, the Nigerian military wrapped up its investigation into the missing girls, with little progress to show on returning them to their homes.

“I don’t think anyone has wrapped up anything,” she said. “You know, there are different stages of this investigation. There’s also a presidential committee that is also looking into this. There’s nothing to wrap up, Christiane.”

“We cannot wrap up anything until we get the girls back.”

The long-term solution to abductions like, Okonjo-Iweala said, may be economic – her bailiwick as finance minister.

“We face two problems: growing inequality, and also the lack of inclusion in these areas. And we’ve recognised that.”

“What we need to do is say, ‘What is the source of growth that can create jobs?’ Because the issue in our country is lack of jobs for our young people.”

Corruption is a huge issue in Nigeria but Okonjo-Iweala said her country is not alone.

“You cannot characterize Nigeria alone. It’s not when you mention the name Nigeria, the next word that comes up is corruption.”

“No,” Amanpour said, “but I’m talking to the Nigerian finance minister.”

“And I’m responding to you,” Okonjo-Iweala responded. “We must be more specific about the things we are doing to confront it.”
Family / A Must Read:married Or Not, You Should Read This by 9jagist(m): 6:18am On Jul 04, 2014

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly. Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at the table. I didn’t have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I was tired after an eventful day with Jane. When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over and was asleep again.

In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she didn’t want anything from me, but needed a month’s notice before the divorce. She requested that in that one month we both struggle to live as normal a life as possible. Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a month’s time and she didn’t want to disrupt him with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me. But she had something more, she asked me to recall how I had carried her into out bridal room on our wedding day. She requested that every day for the month’s duration I carry her out of our bedroom to the front door ever morning. I thought she was going crazy. Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted her odd request.

I told Jane about my wife’s divorce conditions. . She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what tricks she applies, she has to face the divorce, she said scornfully.

My wife and I hadn’t had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when I carried her out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mommy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms. She closed her eyes and said softly; don’t tell our son about the divorce. I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outside the door. She went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She leaned on my chest. I could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I realized that I hadn’t looked at this woman carefully for a long time. I realized she was not young any more. There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was graying! Our marriage had taken its toll on her. For a minute I wondered what I had done to her.

On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was the woman who had given ten years of her life to me. On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of intimacy was growing again. I didn’t tell Jane about this. It became easier to carry her as the month slipped by. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger.

She was choosing what to wear one morning. She tried on quite a few dresses but could not find a suitable one. Then she sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I suddenly realized that she had grown so thin, that was the reason why I could carry her more easily.

Suddenly it hit me… she had buried so much pain and bitterness in her heart. Subconsciously I reached out and touched her head.

Our son came in at the moment and said, Dad, it’s time to carry mom out. To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his life. My wife gestured to our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute. I then held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tightly; it was just like our wedding day.

But her much lighter weight made me sad. On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our son had gone to school. I held her tightly and said, I hadn’t noticed that our life lacked intimacy. I drove to office…. jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind…I walked upstairs. Jane opened the door and I said to her, Sorry, Jane, I do not want the divorce anymore.

She looked at me, astonished, and then touched my forehead. Do you have a fever? She said. I moved her hand off my head. Sorry, Jane, I said, I won’t divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because she and I didn’t value the details of our lives, not because we didn’t love each other anymore. Now I realize that since I carried her into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold her until death do us apart. Jane seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked downstairs and drove away. At the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife. The salesgirl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote, I’ll carry you out every morning until death do us apart.

That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile on my face, I run up stairs, only to find my wife...
http://www.9jagist.com/a-must-readmarried-or-not-you-should-read-this/
Family / Re: Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem by 9jagist(m): 6:11am On Jul 04, 2014
whats your definition to self esteem sef, or it attributed to Nairaland, then topic should be steps to Nairaland self esteem. unu aman kwekwanu nmadu nu ife
Sports / Re: Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? by 9jagist(m): 10:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
k, more review pls
Sports / Re: Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? by 9jagist(m): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
abatically: They lost to a tactically better team. Man to man, player to player we can't match them. Pogba, matuidi, cabaye and Van bueina in the midfield, can Onazi, mikel and Osaze match them? In attack can emenike or Musa match benzema? Or can Yobo and omeruo match varane and kocienly? The only thing we have is a good goalkeeper. France weakest link in giroud who is still better than what we have. Oh I forgot to mention they have a better bench, with players like griezman on the bench while we have Ruben, uchebo etc on the bench.
Bottom line, the better team won, no need to blame anyone.

good observation, i like your contribution, but judging by what mikel played i will want to know your comment on mikel performance today
Sports / Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? by 9jagist(m): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
http://www.9jagist.com/france-defeats-nigeria-qualify-quarter-final-stage/

Nah wah oh for 9ja, we tried though but i blame keshi for initial wrong selection, and fearing to substitute mikel in the last for games
i also blame mikel for poor perfomance and loop hole in the midfield, no wonder mourinho do bench him, onazi's injury expose more loop hole in mikel role. or guys whon would you cast your blames to?
Sports / Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by 9jagist(m): 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
We tried our best but, Mikel and keshi dealt with us
Politics / Re: Why Does President Goodluck Jonathan Like Black Clothes - Suspicious by 9jagist(m): 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
Gej is My Fan
Politics / Re: Why Does President Goodluck Jonathan Like Black Clothes - Suspicious by 9jagist(m): 10:33am On Jun 30, 2014
Navy blue of Black, i thing we should read in between the line
Politics / Re: Why Does President Goodluck Jonathan Like Black Clothes - Suspicious by 9jagist(m): 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2014
i forgot one more thing also black hat why even when he was watching Nigeria Vs Bosnia in aso rock , i also guess he goes to bed with the Hat

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Why Does President Goodluck Jonathan Like Black Clothes - Suspicious by 9jagist(m): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2014
simply_me: This OP is an example of the silly mentality of a black man. Obama is Always in black suit yet no American Has insinuated anything. Same for David Cameron in the UK. But because GEJ puts in black, u rush here to make stooopid insinuations. Grow up.
its not your fault, i know u don't comprehend the topic, well maybe understanding in the morning is difficult for you, we will give you another chance, now go back and read the topic and also beg God for comprehension

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Why Does President Goodluck Jonathan Like Black Clothes - Suspicious by 9jagist(m): 9:01am On Jun 29, 2014
More Proof for those who have eyes yet cant see

Politics / Why Does President Goodluck Jonathan Like Black Clothes - Suspicious by 9jagist(m): 8:43am On Jun 29, 2014
i have come to realize that virtually 99.9% of clothes our president puts on is always Black, i am beginning to suspect something, no be my mouth u go here am from. even if him won were suit, that one too is black. or am i the only one who have noticed that?
i was asked of picture proof by the first commenter here it is below..

3 Likes

Sports / Re: Photos Of President Jonathan Watching Nigeria Vs Bosnia World Cup Game by 9jagist(m): 8:00am On Jun 29, 2014
why wouldnt he watch, is he no A Nigerian and a Human, Una sef Like Quarrel Pass Fight

31 Likes

Politics / Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by 9jagist(m): 7:29am On Jun 29, 2014
Please leave my Goodluck Jona Alone

17 Likes

Health / Re: 7 Medical Myths That Even Doctors Believe by 9jagist(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2014
Thanks for the info man
Education / Re: ASUP Resolves To Continue Strike by 9jagist(m): 7:21am On Jun 29, 2014
lazy set of teachers, hiding under the canopy of strike, may God help us

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.