Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,596 members, 7,911,556 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:20 PM

9jaman's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jaman's Profile / 9jaman's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Religion / Re: By Faith Alone? by 9jaman(m): 3:22pm On May 29, 2008
@syrup
Good morning and God bless you

syrup:

(a) even when we "go and sin no more", our righteousnesses are filthy rags in God's sight. The prophets knew this and declared the same thing centuries before Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin:

[list][li]Isaiah 64:6 - "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."[/li][/list]

Isaiah 64:6 is saying that our righteousness will never be like God's.  Even the gospel say that a student cannever be as good as the master. But is dose not mean that our righteounes is not important. Isaiah 64:6 is showing us that we cannever be as good as God. I does not say that we should not be righteous.

syrup:

(b) God Himself is the One who declared that the Blood is the basis for the atonement of our souls:

[list][li]Leviticus 17:11 - "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."[/li][/list]

If this spiling of animal blood in leviticus could bring salvation then why did Jesus came to save us. If we have rituals that can give us salvation why did Jesus have to come? If rithouesness is not the basses for salvation why did Jesus spend 3 years preaching and telling men to be ritheous. Why didnt Jesus go and die at the bigining of His mission, if that is the only important thing.
The old testament, leviticus says sacrificing animals and forbid human sacrifice. Only babylonians do human sacrifice.

syrup:

(d) Jesus Himself told us that His Blood accomplished that same remission of sins for us:

[list][li]Matt. 26:28 - "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." [/li][/list]

I don't agree with this translation. I reserched on Justcool's references and a good number of scholers agree the the better translation is,
"This is my blood of the new testamment, which is given to many for the remission of sins"
Or
This is my blood which is poured out for many for the remission of sins"

The translation -- which is shed-- misleads people to think that Jesus was talking about His killind because poeple associate killing with the word shed but it dos not necersirily mean killing

Besides the translations shows that Jesus was speaking of the present or past tense---given for many, is poured out, and is shed---it did not use the future tense. If He was talking about His death He would have used future tense because His death had not yet happend. When He told them that one of them shall betray Him, He used future tense--shall, will.
By the time He was talking
1) Has his physical blood been shed already, or has it been given, or is it being given? No
2) The only thing that has been given by Him at that time was His teachings
3) If He was talking about His physical blood and body, how come the deciples did not eat His flesh and drink His blood after His death? Rather they buried Him.
4) In the old testament it was the priests that sprinkle animals blood on the alter of God. How come in the case of Jesus,it was romans who are not God's people making the sacrifice in a place where criminals are executed, and not the alter of God.
5)Every animal killed during sacrifce is part pf the sacrifice. All the animals killed in the ritual are sacrificed to God. So in the case of Jesus the two thiefs by His side were also sacrificed to God for the remission of sins? If so then Jesus alone did not save us. If so then it was Jesus and two sinners that saved us.
Religion / Re: By Faith Alone? by 9jaman(m): 5:20am On May 29, 2008
@syrup
What did Jesus say to sinners. Did Jesus say
1) go and offer an animal blood
2) wait for my crucification and belelieve in my blood
3) Go and sin no more.

I think the third answer is the correct one. if so, to sin no more is to be righteous. I think we should be righteous and obey Gods words to be saved not just spilling blood or believing in blood.
Obidence is better than sercrifice.
Politics / Re: Compile Ur 7 Wonders Of The World by 9jaman(m): 5:02am On May 29, 2008
1) Nigeria
2) Nigerian government
3)Nigerians
4) Nigerian mentality
5) Nigerian roads
6) Nigerian education
7) Nigerian economy.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.