Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again (15824 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Man Of God Or Servant Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2012
truthislight:

this ^^^ is a lay mans argument.

Satan is a spirit creature as Yahweh is a spirit and they are in the same form being spirits.

Satan wanted to "raise his throne as high as that of the most high God" befor he was brought down and will be "turned to ashes"

this is a very simple thing that you have made complicated for your self because of the dogma called trinity.

That scripture simply made the statement to teach us a lesson in parallel to christ.

Then Jesus was a human, so the fine example he set by abandoning his superior spirit form in obedience to Yahweh is whet we are to imitate. A lesson in humility.

While satan a spirit creature also did the opposite, he wanted equality with Yahweh.

By the way, trinity also said that Jesus is Yahweh

Infact, trinity ^^^ is a mad man theory. QED
My friend too much grammar is unnecessary. All I asked you to do was to show me where in scripture that the devil was the same form/nature of God.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You didn't understand the analogy but all the same let me help you. Of course GEJ is one President in the same way we have one God. This should tell you immediately that for the bible to say Christ is equal with the father, it can only mean that Christ is God. Note Christ is not the Father but the Father and the Son are both equally God.

Lol........truthislife just helped explain how Jesus who although subsisted in Gods form chose to come to the earth as a man.........I'm happy you know we have just one president in nigeria and that evryother nigerian is GEJ's subordinate......

For someone who is as intelligent as you to still hold on to this confused doctrine(trinity) baffles me..........

Paul never said Christ was equal to his Father,rather your trinity mind set is what is making you draw that conclusion........if he(paul) meant Jesus was equal with his GOD and Father then 1 corinthians 11:3 would be a lie and also Jesus' own words that the Father is greater than he is.........

A servant can't be equal with his master.........

And this thread is all about Jesus being Yahwehs servant..................

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2012
Boomark: @Anony

Phillipians 2:6: Who, being in
very nature God,
did not consider equality with
God something to be used to
his own advantage;

You have been reading this out of context.

v5 says "let this mind be in you which is in Christ jesus." this is trying to show us the mindset of Christ as he serve. Believers should not be boastful no matter the power they have.

Who, being in the very nature(form) of God: An ordinary man is a god. A man filled with the Holyspirit is a god greater than an ordinary man. How much more the lamb of God filled with the seven spirits of God, Rev 5:6. The Father promised to put His spirit upon him, mt 12:18.
So he is a God.

did not consider equality with
God something to be used to
his own advantage;

If Christ should raise himself equal to his Godly nature(ie the state where he is God not the Father o), he would have ruled as king on earth. The pharisees would tremble at his feet. No body will dare plot to kill him or spit on him. While they were flogging him, he would have commanded the angels to release him and to beat a hell out of those soldiers. He never used it to save himself ie to his advantage.

But he was obedient to the will of the Father(luke 22:42) to the point of death.

he Anony has never asked himself that, if christ was "equal with Yahweh" why, would attaining equality to Yahweh be said to be a thing of advantage to christ Jesus? Afteral, he had it already?

Why consider equality as a thing giving him an advantage he is supposed to have already have?

Meaning that christ never had such advantage yet.

You see? This whole thing is insanity.

Even after he has been exalted he is still serving under his father Yahweh:

"Because he(Yahweh) hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead." (Acts 17:31).

So, after christ has been raise from the death and exalted more than he was befor coming to the earth he is still carrying out assigment given to him by his father Yahweh.

How can one then say that christ has been equal with Yahweh?
*sigh*
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
@Anony

Isaiah 42:1-8 (NIV)
The Servant of the LORD
1 "Here is my servant, whom I
uphold, MY CHOSEN ONE
in whom
I
delight; I will put my Spirit on
him
and he will bring justice to the
nations. 2 He will not shout or cry
out, or raise his voice in the
streets.
3 A bruised reed he will not
break,
and a smoldering wick he will not
snuff out. In faithfulness he will
bring forth justice; 4 he will not
falter or be discouraged till he
establishes justice on earth. In his
law the islands will put their
hope." 5 This is what God the
LORD
says-- he who created the
heavens
and stretched them out, who
spread out the earth and all that
comes out of it, who gives breath
to its people, and life to those
who
walk on it: 6 "I, the LORD, have
called you in righteousness;
I will
take hold of your hand. I will
keep
you and will make you to be a
covenant for the people and a
light
for the Gentiles, 7 to open eyes
that are blind, to free captives
from
prison and to release from the
dungeon those who sit in
darkness. 8 "I am the LORD; that
is
my name! I will not give my
glory
to another or my praise to idols.

It is very clear that God, the Father chose him. The Father called him in righteousness to do greater service for him.

Remember php 2:5 said "let this mind be in you, which is also in Christ Jesus."

king Saul was chosen by God but Saul chose to disobey God. The mind in him is not that of a servant to God.

Christ was chosen by God the Father, His God and Christ has chosen to obey his Father.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Good so now we are looking at context. When you read from verse 1, you see that Paul was writing to tell the Christians in Philippians to humble themselves to one another. The best example He used was Christ by telling them that Christ is equal to God but brought Himself low.

Let me bring it home to you:

Imagine that you are in church and one brother asked you to sweep the church and you respond by saying "A whole me, how dare you ask a big boy like me to sweep the church?!"

At this, another brother now pulls you aside and points to one other guy quietly cleaning the toilet and says: "You should emulate brother Tunde, even though he is the same status as Goodluck Jonathan, he is not taking advantage of his equality with the president but has humbled himself and taken the status of a servant"

That is the context in which that verse was written. If that verse is not enough proof to you then I don't know what else you want.

It was because of His Humility that Christ came, suffered and died for us.

the analogy you gave there does it make sense to you?

*sigh*

do we have two of GEJ in Nigeria? No.

Even the second in command is not an equal to GEJ.

Can you see what trinity is doing to you?

It is erroding rationality.

The members of that church are not equals, though some of them are royalties and have very high status in the society they will do well imbibbing the mine/mental disposition of christ, that though he was and had a superior form/great posstiition being that he was in "God's form" he was humble in that he took up a lower position to be a man and do Yahweh's will.

Yes, for such humility, Yahweh rewarded him Jesus by exalting him above every other names in heaven and on earth.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by BARRISTERS: 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2012
@Mr Anony

"choosing" to become a servant and "agreeing" to become a servant. Nonetheless, let us look at what the bible says:

you are a huge joke on this tread by clearly re-writing the scriptures,

lets see what jesus himself said, maybe ''he chose on his own volition'' or ''agreeing to become a servant'' lets start from the same bk of phillipians;

Going to the turture stake itself showed obedience to someone other than jesus;

“And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself[size=18pt] by becoming obedient to the point of death[/size], even death on a cross” (Philippians 2:8.).

you dont need a lens to read this bro! abi you need? see this again;

“Although He was a Son, [size=18pt]He learned obedience[/size] from the things which He suffered” (Hebrews 5:8.)

can you see that? he obeyed, as the right choice! and not his own making! he agreed to perform a role offered by a superior!

the bible favors "agreeing" to become a servant, as you evade commenting on hebrews 2:7-9 where jesus was actually mentioned as 'being made lower' by someone, you rather go into irrelevant distraction of how man was made and how psalms was quoted, they are stories brother,

see it again ''jesus was made to be lower than the angels''(hebrews 2:9)

'was made' here here agrees with 'his acceptance' and not 'his own volition' okay.

Even funnier still, you try to suggest that it wasn't really of His own volition but that someone else made him do it. Let us look at the verses you pointed at: Hebrews 2:7-9

''Let us look at the verses you pointed at: Hebrews 2:7-9'' i and the whole forumites were expecting you to supply the content as the next thing here, but to our surprise you went into history that is 'pure diversion' below to water down the point that jesus 'was made by someone to be lower' and he accepted that; see your story here meant for diversion

Mr Anony
The writer of Hebrews wa quoting Psalm 8 and Psalm 8 clearly talks about man and how God has placed man in dominion over everything. Note David wasn't painting man in that Psalm as a position of humility but one of greatness. (just wanted to make that bit clear)

clearly, you are not honest in the analysis of these verses, you chose not to mention jesus while the verse actually metioned jesus, why? because most trinitarians fight the bible, and will refer to a plain verse in the bible like heb 2:9 above as 'ones suggestion' as you did, is that fair for the truth?

now, see another gimic you tried to use here again, you tend to 'redefine' the bible's 'humility,and replacing it with your own defination of humility, lets see;

Mr Anony;

Furthermore, if Jesus did not choose to come, then it wouldn't be an act of humility rather it would simply be following orders. It can only be humility when you submit to someone who is deemed your equal or lower than you.

Mr Anony;

In fact in order for you to nullify the the word "chose" as I used it, you must show from scripture that Jesus had no other choice than to be made a man.

let me start with these;
Mr Anony;
If God told an angel to become man, it wouldn't be an act of humility if the angel obeyed, he would simply be following God's orders

this is where you get the whole thing wrong,

now let me give an example as a proof, of an angel (cherub) who 'chose' not obey Gods command,and was declared; Devil and Satan, ''who deceives the whole world''and causes disobedience to God, rev 7:9),

Ezekiel 28:14-15
New King James Version (NKJV)

14 “You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;...........
15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.

Isaiah 14:12-15

12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer,...........

13 For you have said in your heart:
I will [/b]ascend into heaven,
[b]I will
exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will [/b]also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 [b]I will [/b]ascend above the heights of the clouds,
[b]I will
be like the Most High'.....

'I will' in bold above shows how lucifer pursue his 'wills' against Gods will',
God gave every person 'freewill to chose wrong and right', and so lucifer chose the wrong way, thereby diobeying God and even leading disobedience in the garden of eden.

from this experience, we can appreciate 'christ unselfish and beneficial choice' to 'be made' a servant for a purpose; to correct the wrongs of lucifer to mankind, remember too that God has his own way to achieve his purpose, so even in an evet that jesus pursue his own desire like lucifer and refuses,he God will fashion another of his spirit creatures to address the wrong caused by lucifer.

but from Gods dealings with jesus who is the firstborn of all God's creation(colosian 1:15-16) jesus has impressed his father with being unselfish or making an unselfish decision, hence his affirmations 'not my own will, but YOUR own will'(john 12:14)

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 1:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You didn't understand the analogy but all the same let me help you. Of course GEJ is one President in the same way we have one God. This should tell you immediately that for the bible to say Christ is equal with the father, it can only mean that Christ is God. Note Christ is not the Father but the Father and the Son are both equally God.

my friend dont sale a bait to us with that.

We all agree and know that the word "God" is a title that christ also bear and satan also including humans.

But we are talking about who is the almighty God Yahweh.

You and trinity Say:

1. he is the Jesus christ that came to earth.

2. That christ and Yahweh are equals.

3. That Jesus christ is almighty God.

So, the patronage from you that Jesus is also called God is not the born here.

That satan is called god in the bible, does that make him the almighty God? No:

"In whom the "god" of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Satan called the god of this system/world does not make him almighty God Yahweh.

It is either you return to the truth or you keep defending this lie call trinity that has moved people away from the true God Yahweh.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
My friend too much grammar is unnecessary. All I asked you to do was to show me where in scripture that the devil was the same form/nature of God.

imagined!

Do i need to teach you that satan is a spirit person? No.

What you are doing here is chasing shadows.

I said that christ that came as a man was a spirit person which is the foam of Yahweh and satan is also a spirit person. QED.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Good so now we are looking at context. When you read from verse 1, you see that Paul was writing to tell the Christians in Philippians to humble themselves to one another. The best example He used was Christ by telling them that Christ is equal to God but brought Himself low.

Let me bring it home to you:

Imagine that you are in church and one brother asked you to sweep the church and you respond by saying "A whole me, how dare you ask a big boy like me to sweep the church?!"

At this, another brother now pulls you aside and points to one other guy quietly cleaning the toilet and says: "You should emulate brother Tunde, even though he is the same status as Goodluck Jonathan, he is not taking advantage of his equality with the president but has humbled himself and taken the status of a servant

That is the context in which that verse was written. If that verse is not enough proof to you then I don't know what else you want.

It was because of His Humility that Christ came, suffered and died for us.

Are you sure you brought it home to me? Can this happen in real life? Who is equal to the president?

You analogy can't happen in Nigeria. Goodluck is the number one and has no equal.

You should have said that i should emulate tunde who is from the presidency but is sweeping the church.

Tunde did not use his presidency nature to his advantage but was serving in the church.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
Boomark:

Are you sure you brought it home to me? Can this happen in real life? Who is equal to the president?

You analogy can't happen in Nigeria. Goodluck is the number one and has no equal.

You should have said that i should emulate tunde who is from the presidency but is sweeping the church.

Tunde did not use his presidency nature to his advantage but was serving in the church.

boomark is now teaching Anony!
*Smh*

Anony leave trinity alone please!

Abeg, make every body help me beg Anony o!

"Lets be our brothers keeper"

We have tried for you o!

Leave trinity alone! Leave trinity alone!! Leave trinity!!!
Hmmm!
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by BARRISTERS: 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2012
@Mr Anony

you ask a question below?(bolded);

Now with this in mind Matthew 26 becomes easy to understand because we now know that at the point when Christ was on earth, He was acting in humility to the father so it should follow that He was submitting to the Father's will. Remember that part of His prayer also was ".....And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."(John 17:5)

Why would Jesus ask God to glorify Him? and notice the glory He is demanding here; He is demanding for the same glory as God the Father has and also He is claiming that they had this glory together before the world existed. No man or angel would dare make such a "blasphemous" prayer unless of course that it is true.

now let me answer! starting this way;

glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was;

dont confuse yourself with the word,'before the world was' because,

at some point in time, there was no jesus,before God created him 'as the firstborn'there was no world/earth at that time, lets see

Proverbs 8:22-24
(NIV)
22 “The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works,[a]
before his deeds of old;
23 I was formed long ages ago,
at the very beginning, when the world came to be.
24 When there were no watery depths, I was given birth,

''The Lord [b]brought me forth
'' ''I was formed'' ''I was given birth''
all these shows that jesus was created by someone superior,that is by God who had no begining! and later, God handed the job or oversight of creation to jesus! like a secretary who wrote things on the boss's behalf on the boss intruction; 'a vendor of first part'

1 Corinthians 8:6

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, [size=16pt]through whom [/size]all things came and through whom we live.

John 1:10

He was in the world, and though the world was made [size=16pt]through him[/size], the world did not recognize him.

through jesus , and not his volition! okay?

with the glory which I had with You

''the glory which I had with You''

what glory?,

the verse that detest you is popping up again!

hebrew 2:9..'jesus was made lower than the angels'

as at the time that jesus agreed to his fathers request and he 'took' the servant's form, he is devoid of that glory(spirit supernatural nature) he shared with the God and the even commander of the angels talkless of that of his father, note that one angel killed 185,000 assyrians, and that is the supernatural nature (glory)that he was missing,

lets see where letter 'G' was used for another person other than The Almighty God himself,

see where the angel before 'the house of David' was said to be as 'God' using letter G?
zechariah 12:8;

''and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.''

'as the angel' in this verse parralleled with, is 'as God'!

so it is no big deal calling jesus God or god, since he is the son of almighty, he is a god;

Psalm 82:6 "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High

allowing bible to interprete itself will make things plain, and seeming controversy laid bare!

That said, I'll still suggest you watch the video.
how old is the video? at least i can say from reseach that the bible should be over 20 centuries old! and its still the most circulated in almost all lingua franca even in my mother tongue, im not blind and could read, so lets compare the age of the video! maybe it is not embarrassing the bible!

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2012
truthislight:

boomark is now teaching Anony!
*Smh*

Anony leave trinity alone please!

Abeg, make every body help me beg Anony o!

"Lets be our brothers keeper"

We have tried for you o!

Leave trinity alone! Leave trinity alone!! Leave trinity!!!
Hmmm!

That's the purpose of this thread. To teach trinitarians.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Todaynatoday: 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2012
This verse in the Bible should clear everything up about Jesus being equal to His Father or not.
1 Corinthians 15:27
King James Version
(KJV)
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith
all things are put under him, it is
manifest that he is excepted,
which did put all things under
him.
God has put everything under Jesus but this does not make them equal.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by plappville(f): 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
Nice work so far Boomark and others, Trinity "MUST" cease, is unscriptural grin grin grin

Viewing from the side ...... cool
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by plappville(f): 10:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
truthislight:

my friend leave trinity alone.

It does not align with what the scriptures say.

Isaiah 29:13. "...these people draw near to me with their mouths, and honour me with their lips, yet have removed their hearts far from me.
Moreover, their worship toward me is the doctrines of men.

Mark 7:7 But in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

They reverence human traditions and false doctrine, those who love and follow their own tradition rather than the word of God.
Their worship and service is vain according to this verse. It is vain in both senses of the word......

Vain because it is presumptuous:
People who think they should replace the word of God with their own inventions and traditions are suffering from vanity and pride.

Vain because it is empty:
Men are not able to invent a religion of any substance. Religion must come from God, nt from the devisings of humanity (1Co 1:18-31).

God is one, The scripture did not teach God to be three "being". Anyone indulge in this false doctrine is doing a Vain worship as The above Scriptures discribs.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by BARRISTERS: 11:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
the only trinitarian on NL that i feel is very straightforward is Ihedinobi, he said it plainly in another tread after a long debate together with OLAADEGBU and ubenedictus that guys, Trinity is undefended in the bible, and cautioned a trinitarian to stop what he termed as 'soiling sacred things'! the one cautioned obliged and opt out of the tread!

Mr Anony is only trying to play a game that is already lost! but i would still want to engage him,he is yet to adress my last post, if not, the trinity doctrine is so impotent and devoid of surpport in every corner of the bible to such an extent that it requires 'an enhancement in form of a concortion mixed up in a video or cartoon presentation to sell the pagan idea, im very sorry for those already dip in the mess!

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 12:39am On Dec 21, 2012
One God: The Father

1 Corinthians 8:4-6
New International Version (NIV)
4 So then, about eating food
sacrificed to idols: We know that
“An idol is nothing at all in the
world” and that “There is no God
but one.”
5 For even if there are so-
called gods, whether in heaven or
on earth (as indeed there are many
“gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for
us there is but one God, the Father,
from whom all things came and for
whom we live; and there is but one
Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom
all things came and through whom
we live.

Deut 6:4
Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God is one LORD.

Eph 4:6
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in all.

1Tim2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified His servant, Jesus, whom you, for your part, delivered up....

Mal 2:10
Is it not one Father that all of us have? Is it not one God that has created us? Why do you deal treacherously with one another,...?

Mt 23:9
Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly one.

The bible clearly shows that there is one God who is the Father. The God that the Israelites worship, who is different from His servant, Jesus, acts 3:13.

Trinity, being the doctrine of men contradicts these bible verses by saying that one God consist of 3 different persons: Father, Son and Holyspirit. Their is no where it is written in the bible.

What is written is that God is one and He is the Father, who is God over all, including our Lord Jesus, Eph 1:17.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by BARRISTERS: 1:02am On Dec 21, 2012
@plappvile

Isaiah 29:13. "...these people draw near to me with their mouths, and honour me with their lips, yet have removed their hearts far from me.
Moreover
, their worship toward me is the doctrines of men.

Mark 7:7 But in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

(beware of the video)***
the concept of selling trinity,which bible did not surport is dated to
11th-century experiments in symbolizing the Trinity in abstract visual form — mainly by Petrus Alfonsi's Tetragrammaton-Trinity diagram of ca. 1109

this example of using an enhancement diagram to illustrate a pagan belief,leads to contradictions and confusion, but God is not that of confusion (1 cor 14:32-34)like trinitarians who locked theirself up in a self constructed ''mystery'

lets see how they cage theirself and how they want to sell the virus(beware);

1,(see pics below) The "Shield of the Trinity" or "Scutum Fidei" [/b]diagram of traditional Western Christian symbolism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield_of_the_Trinity

• "The Father is God"
• "The Son is God"
• "The Holy Spirit is God"
• "God is the Father"
• "God is the Son"
• "God is the Holy Spirit"
• "The Father is not the Son"
• "The Son is not the Father"
• "The Father is not the Holy Spirit"
• "The Holy Spirit is not the Father"
• "The Son is not the Holy Spirit"
• "The Holy Spirit is not the Son

''Of course, [b]if the diagram is interpreted according to ordinary logic, then it contains a number of contradictions (since the set of twelve propositions listed above is mutually contradictory)
''.

''like some other logical or mathematical constructs sometimes offered as analogies for the Trinity (such as the Venn diagramand the cube viewed by inhabitants of a two-dimensional plane),[b] the Shield of the Trinity does not too easily lend itself to interpretations [/b]which are non-orthodox from the traditional mainstream Christian point of view''

(Wikipedia).

2, (see pics below) “Great Mother,” “Queen of Heaven,” “Mother of God.” All of these titles have been attached to Isis. Ishtar too, the Babylonian goddess, had similar titles. Moreover, the lines between the various goddesses of antiquity blur, with each mirroring the other in terms of purpose, symbolism, and meaning.

The biblical figure of Mary has been erroneously elevated to a goddess status by Roman Catholic theologians. She is known as the Queen of Heaven, Mother of God, Eternal Virgin, Queen of Peace, Our Mother, Lady of the Good Death, Co-mediatrix, and Blessed Mother.

3, (see pics below)Isis. In Crete, was represented as a mother who made friendly contact with snakes. In Greece she was known as Demeter, and in Rome she was worshiped as Cybele, the Magna Mater (Great Mother), a mother goddess of Phrygian origin. There is practically no ancient culture that did not worship this type of deity.” ( The Myth of Mary, pp.74, 75)

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 1:50am On Dec 21, 2012
Lol, it has been really funny reading this thread and seeing how you lot interpret scripture but that's by the way. Let us do a quick exercise shall we?

@Barrister et al, Let me ask a few questions first.

Do you believe that the bible is the truth? i.e. it must not contradict itself...scripture must not cancel scripture, they must be complementary.

Do you believe that scripture can be logically explained?

Finally, Could you describe God in a nutshell? i.e. who is God?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Todaynatoday: 6:58am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony: Lol, it has been really funny reading this thread and seeing how you lot interpret scripture but that's by the way. Let us do a quick exercise shall we?

Do you believe that the bible is the truth? i.e. it must not contradict itself...scripture must not cancel scripture, they must be complementary.
Seems that you like to argue/debate for the sake of it. You haven't been shown just one verse in the bible but almost ten verses (complementing each other) showing that God is one and not a triune being. The bible does not contradict itself but rather, trinitarians contradict the bible with their inexplicable concept of God.

The scripture can only be explained by the leading of the Holy Spirit and not by logic. Can resurrection be logically explained? However, if by this question, you mean that since scripture can't be explained logically then trinity (which is man's doctrine by the way) can't be explained, then you just shot yourself. Trinity cannot be explained because it lacks scriptural support and that's that.

Lemme use the bible to describe God in all entirety
1 John 4:8
King James Version
(KJV)
8 He that loveth
not knoweth not
God; for God is
love.

God is love and that's that. I know you must have been expecting yada yada like powerful, omniscient etcetara etcetara but that's just by the way.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Todaynatoday: 6:58am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony: Lol, it has been really funny reading this thread and seeing how you lot interpret scripture but that's by the way. Let us do a quick exercise shall we?

Seems that you like to argue/debate for the sake of it. You haven't been shown just one verse in the bible but almost ten verses (complementing each other) showing that God is one and not a triune being. The bible does not contradict itself but rather, trinitarians contradict the bible with their inexplicable concept of God.

The scripture can only be explained by the leading of the Holy Spirit and not by logic. Can resurrection be logically explained? However, if by this question, you mean that since scripture can't be explained logically then trinity (which is man's doctrine by the way) can't be explained, then you just shot yourself. Trinity cannot be explained because it lacks scriptural support and that's that.

King James Version
(KJV)
8 He that loveth
not knoweth not
God; for God is
love.

God is love and that's that. I know you must have been expecting yada yada like powerful, omniscient etcetara etcetara but that's just by the way.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 7:23am On Dec 21, 2012
Boomark: One God: The Father

but one.”
5 For even if there are so-
on earth (as indeed there are many
“gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for
us there is but one God, the Father,
from whom all things came and for
whom we live; and there is but one
all things came and through whom
we live.

Deut 6:4
Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God is one LORD.

Eph 4:6
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in all.

1Tim2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified His servant, Jesus, whom you, for your part, delivered up....

Mal 2:10
Is it not one Father that all of us have? Is it not one God that has created us? Why do you deal treacherously with one another,...?

Mt 23:9
Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly one.

The bible clearly shows that there is one God who is the Father. The God that the Israelites worship, who is different from His servant, Jesus, acts 3:13.

Trinity, being the doctrine of men contradicts these bible verses by saying that one God consist of 3 different persons: Father, Son and Holyspirit. Their is no where it is written in the bible.

What is written is that God is one and He is the Father, who is God over all, including our Lord Jesus, Eph 1:17.

Exactly my bro.....when the bible talks about oneness of God it is attributed only to the Father................it is always one GOD the Father...........why can't trinitarians just uphold this truth??.......

Were people get the idea of 1 God manifesting in 3 persons is out of this world......

I can't believe that many are still holding on to this childish belief even when scriptures have revealed the truth............
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 7:23am On Dec 21, 2012
Todaynatoday: Seems that you like to argue/debate for the sake of it. You haven't been shown just one verse in the bible but almost ten verses (complementing each other) showing that God is one and not a triune being. The bible does not contradict itself but rather, trinitarians contradict the bible with their inexplicable concept of God.
The verses provided by y'all are all true, yes but my contention is that you are interpreting it based on what you already want it to say rather than what it is saying.

Actually, the Holy Spirit is not such a being that throws away logic. The bible is a very logical book. Without logic, the reading would be meaningless. Resurrection is very logical because if God can do all things, then raising Christ from the dead is not a big deal. It logically follows. Same with Trinity. God is by nature a multi-personal being.

King James Version
(KJV)
8 He that loveth
not knoweth not
God; for God is
love.

It is interesting you should bring that up and define God as love because love is something that can only exist in relationships between persons. Now consider this:

If you say that God is love, then who was He loving before creation? Himself? Or did He only start loving after He had created?

If God started loving only after creation, then it would mean that God's love couldn't possibly be perfect because He would have to grow in love. If this is true, then it would be inaccurate to say that God is love.

I'll leave you to ponder this.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 7:26am On Dec 21, 2012
ijawkid:

Exactly my bro.....when the bible talks about oneness of God it is attributed only to the Father................it is always one GOD the Father...........why can't trinitarians just uphold this truth??.......
Not true.

Were people get the idea of 1 God manifesting in 3 persons is out of this world......
The bible is not out of this world. I assure you.

I can't believe that many are still holding on to this childish belief even when scriptures have revealed the truth............
The truth scripture has revealed is that God is one being in 3 persons.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 8:18am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Not true.

The bible is not out of this world. I assure you.

but one.”
5 For even if there are
so-
on earth (as indeed there are
many
“gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet
for
us there is but one God, the
Father,
from whom all things came and
for
whom we live; and there is but
one
all things came and through
whom
we live.

How do you want to interpret the bolded and the one God, the Father exposition above.

One God over all is clearly written as the Father: one person.

Show us where the bible states that One God is 3 persons. We are not talking about those that are called Gods. But first of all interpret 1cor 8:4-6.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 8:20am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

This is a lie...........and you know it......mr.anony you're better than this,,,.........no scripture would tell you that GOD is one being in 3 persons.........instead scriptures have said there is 1 GOD the father.........

The Father is the only 1 GOD and not the Father,the son and holy spirit making 1 GOD............

the diagrams present in that video can explain your theory but not the bible......

Boomark has quoted scriptures that confirms oneness of GOD to the Father alone and not to some other 2 persons.......

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2012
@anony.....one more familiar scripture for you to ponder on.....
Ephesians 4:5,6

##New Living Translation (NLT)
5 There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 and one God and Father, who is over all and
in all and living through all.,.....

See how the araimac rendition. Reads verse 6...

##Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
And One is God The Father of all, and over all,
and with all and in us all.

----_____________________________

One GOD and the Father are synonymous.......when ever the apostles talked about the 1 true GOD they never imagined it to be a league of 3 persons making up that 1 GOD...rather they knew that the 1 GOD was the Father and nothing more..........
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 9:51am On Dec 21, 2012
Boomark:

but one.”
5 For even if there are
so-
on earth (as indeed there are
many
“gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet
for
us there is but one God, the
Father,
from whom all things came and
for
whom we live; and there is but
one
all things came and through
whom
we live.

How do you want to interpret the bolded and the one God, the Father exposition above.

One God over all is clearly written as the Father: one person.

Show us where the bible states that One God is 3 persons. We are not talking about those that are called Gods. But first of all interpret 1cor 8:4-6.
Nobody interprets Trinity as 3 gods. God is One and He exists in multiple persons.

Now before we look into 1 Cor 8 let us first go to Deuteronomy 6 verse 4

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:"
When we put that verse in context, we see Moses telling the children of Israel the nature of who they are worshiping i.e. Moses is letting them know that even though there are multiple gods worshiped by everyone else, Israel's God is one.

It is the same context in 1 Corinthians 8. Paul is letting the Christians know that even though the pagans around them worship multiple gods, their God is singular i.e. one God, one Lord. The Father and the Son. If Jesus was not deity at all, Paul would only need to mention the father but then we notice that not only does he mention the Son, he adds "....through whom are all things and through whom we live" compare this to the statement Paul made when talking about God as the creator in Acts 17:28 ".....for in Him we live and move and have our being..."

Now to your demand
Show us where the bible states that One God is 3 persons.

Perhaps this might be the best way for us to understand what is meant by Trinity is to ask you to define God. Who is God?

Is He omniscient?
Is He omnipresent?
Is He omnipotent?
Can you show me these 3 words in the bible? I am sure you can't because they simply are not in the bible however we read verses that confirm these attributes of God.

I can show you verses that show that the Son can be at more than one place at a time like the Father (omnipresence),
I can show you verses of the Son reading people's minds i.e. they couldn't hide their thoughts from Him like the Father (Omniscience),
I can show you the Son assuring us that He will do anything we ask for in faith(omnipotence)
The Son was uncreated and existed from the beginning with the Father (The Son is also eternal)
The Son accepted worship to Himself (Mind you this is something no angel would dare to do)

If you can look at all these attributes and tell me that the Son is not God even though He has all the same attributes you would use to define God, then it is either there are 2 Gods in your bible or God is a multi-personal being.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by BARRISTERS: 11:42am On Dec 21, 2012
@Mr Anony

It is the same context in 1 Corinthians 8. Paul is letting the Christians know that even though the pagans around them worship multiple gods, their God is singular i.e. one God, one Lord. The Father and the Son.
One God here refers to 'the only supreme Almighty God' i cant believe that you mention 'singular' only to smuggle in '2 persons' (Father and the Son) as singular?error!
this is abracadabra the more you see the less you understand.

If Jesus was not deity at all, Paul would only need to mention the father

unless you pose to be apostle paul,how do you master his choice of words? and even what he needs to do conform with your own logic!

but then we notice that not only does he mention the Son
he is distinguishing God as the almighty one, from his son,the lesser person to the father thereby using lord, note that in distinguishing these persons(head to head) in this situation,one person inferiority(christ) have to give way to the other persons superiority (God)in a head to head situation like this,that does not reduce christ as inferior, because christ is superior to every other creation.

Mr anony
, he adds "....through whom are all things and through whom we live" compare this to the statement Paul made when talking about God as the creator in Acts 17:28 ".....for in Him we live and move and have our being..."

from this above,the distinction between God and jesus is even more manifested in their roles,lets see;

our source is 'from God' and we live 'for God'

(1cor 8:6)
one God, the Father,from whom all things came for whom we live

agrees with;
(1cor 8:6a) and(Acts 17:28)'in him'(God) we live 'in God' our source is 'from God' and we live 'for God',

but

(1cor 8:6b)

one Lord, Jesus Christ;.... the word 'through whom' gave us the picture of a secretary(jesus) receiving a direction,[b]'from' [/b]a boss(God) to perform a task on behalf of the boss 'through' the secretary ,even though the secretary wrote with his handriting, he cannot claim the content,because he is not the boss!

'through whom'(christ) 'through christ' vendor of the first part!

'through' whom all things came and 'through' whom we live.

this is self explanatory, unless there is a virus preventing a simple understanding here!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Nobody interprets Trinity as 3 gods. God is One and He exists in multiple persons.

Now before we look into 1 Cor 8 let us first go to Deuteronomy 6 verse 4

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:"
When we put that verse in context, we see Moses telling the children of Israel the nature of who they are worshiping i.e. Moses is letting them know that even though there are multiple gods worshiped by everyone else, Israel's God is one.

It is the same context in 1 Corinthians 8. Paul is letting the Christians know that even though the pagans around them worship multiple gods, their God is singular i.e. one God, one Lord. The Father and the Son. If Jesus was not deity at all, Paul would only need to mention the father but then we notice that not only does he mention the Son, he adds "....through whom are all things and through whom we live" compare this to the statement Paul made when talking about God as the creator in Acts 17:28 ".....for in Him we live and move and have our being..."

Now to your demand

Perhaps this might be the best way for us to understand what is meant by Trinity is to ask you to define God. Who is God?

Is He omniscient?
Is He omnipresent?
Is He omnipotent?
Can you show me these 3 words in the bible? I am sure you can't because they simply are not in the bible however we read verses that confirm these attributes of God.

I can show you verses that show that the Son can be at more than one place at a time like the Father (omnipresence),
I can show you verses of the Son reading people's minds i.e. they couldn't hide their thoughts from Him like the Father (Omniscience),
I can show you the Son assuring us that He will do anything we ask for in faith(omnipotence)
The Son was uncreated and existed from the beginning with the Father (The Son is also eternal)
The Son accepted worship to Himself (Mind you this is something no angel would dare to do)

If you can look at all these attributes and tell me that the Son is not God even though He has all the same attributes you would use to define God, then it is either there are 2 Gods in your bible or God is a multi-personal being.

I just found out that only if you are humble would you discard the trinity dogma........it has eaten so deep in you that you've chosen to twist a clear scripture to support the trinity......

Paul said there is only one GOD the father,you are saying because Jesus was called the 1 Lord,then that makes him part of the 1 God the apostle paul was talking about......

Seriously anony you need to throw away pride to accept the truth........

You are in effect telling us that the isrealites including Jesus worshipped a 1 GOD that is made up of 3 persons.......smh!!!!!....

Twisting deuteronomy 6:4 to allign with the trinity is so surprising..I'm shocked bro......!!!!!!

Even Jesus acknowledged that we have and share 1 God who is the Father(john 20:17),but you anony is saying the opposite............

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
BARRISTERS: @Mr Anony

One God here refers to 'the only supreme Almighty God' i cant believe that you mention 'singular' only to smuggle in '2 persons' (Father and the Son) as singular?error!
this is abracadabra the more you see the less you understand.

unless you pose to be apostle paul,how do you master his choice of words? and even what he needs to do conform with your own logic!

he is distinguishing God as the almighty one, from his son,the lesser person to the father thereby using lord, note that in distinguishing these persons(head to head) in this situation,one person inferiority(christ) have to give way to the other persons superiority (God)in a head to head situation like this,that does not reduce christ as inferior, because christ is superior to every other creation.

Mr anony

from this above,the distinction between God and jesus is even more manifested in their roles,lets see;

our source is 'from God' and we live 'for God'

(1cor 8:6)
one God, the Father,from whom all things came for whom we live

agrees with;
(1cor 8:6a) and(Acts 17:28)'in him'(God) we live 'in God' our source is 'from God' and we live 'for God',

but

(1cor 8:6b)

one Lord, Jesus Christ;.... the word 'through whom' gave us the picture of a secretary(jesus) receiving a direction,[b]'from' [/b]a boss(God) to perform a task on behalf of the boss 'through' the secretary ,even though the secretary wrote with his handriting, he cannot claim the content,because he is not the boss!

'through whom'(christ) 'through christ' vendor of the first part!

'through' whom all things came and 'through' whom we live.

this is self explanatory, unless there is a virus preventing a simple understanding here!
Nice one my friend but then I will need you to address the rest of the post. I can see you like to play with words.

Can you tell me exactly who God is. Please define God. We can play on words all day but I'll need you to come out and define God. Lay out His attributes. What are those properties that only God can have? Lay them out and then if Jesus Christ does not possess them then we can throw away the whole notion of God the Son. That should settle things once and for all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

7 Things You Must Never Ever Forget As A Christian / Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams? / Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.