Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,039 members, 7,838,604 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

The True Meaning Of Jihad - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The True Meaning Of Jihad (21702 Views)

The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. / Three Stages Of Jihad - What Are We Supposed To Believe ? / Come And See jihad For What It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 29, 2013
kross_01:
If truly u understand the meaning of the word secular and the foundations on which the declaration of america's independence were laid, u wnt say wat u just said above. Yes he was sworn in with a bible but only because he is a christian & plz not because he's d president of d USA. If he were a muslim, a quran wld av bn used to do same & maybe some islamic prayers offered for him as well. A secular state allows freedom of wateva religion u choose for urself whch is y countless of religions are scattered allover there so please, america had neva been a christian country.
i complete disagree wit u, if u've study d history of america u wil knw it was laid on christ. D bible used to swear in their presidents was d one used by d first president. Obama was swear in with d bible nt because he is a christian bt dat is america doctrine. Pls google
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Saksreal(f): 8:50am On Jan 29, 2013
Bélla3: *face palm* a thread was created about the supposed teaching of islam without a single quran verse to support it! And this is al you come up with?? Like seriously?

Anyway, i knw you guys dnt have the answer, bt i shall create the topic.

Btw, if am seeking attention, its definately nt in 'your' section!!!
Check my reply to striklymi, i left some quranic verse to support them
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Bella3(f): 8:54am On Jan 29, 2013
Saksreal:
Check my reply to striklymi, i left some quranic verse to support them
You mean the verses that was condemning christianity and trinity? You've got to be kidding me.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Newcrescent(m): 9:01am On Jan 29, 2013
Saksreal: JIHAD is a Term often misunderstood and associated with radical militants. The arabic word is wrongly misinterpretated as "Holy War", although there is no such thing in islam. Holy war is something undertaken to forcibly subject others to certain religious doctrines, which is forbidden in Islam.

The arabic word "Jihad" means a struggle or striving and applies to any great effort on the personal and social level. It is striving to do good and remove injustice and evil from oneself and the society. This exertion of effort can be spiritual, economic, social or political. For example, one of the highest level of Jihad is to stand before a tyrant and speak a word of truth. Restraining oneself from wrongdoing is also a form of Jihad. It is a broad concept that includes opposing evil inclinations within oneself, opposing injustice through peaceful means, efforts to improve the quality of life in a society as well as the striving by military forces on a battlefield in defence of the community or oppressed people. Jihad is not synonymus with war and it certainly does not involve terrorism. Armed Jihad is not an option for muslim individuals or groups and can only be declared by the muslim head of state. Moreover it must never be fought for wordly gain, conquest or revenge. Muslims may only engage in battle to protect people's lives, properties and freedom.

Jihad has conditions of restraint that distinguishes it from any other kind of warfare. They can be summarised as follows.

** Muslims must not begin hostilities. They must strive for peace as much as possible.
** All treaties and agreements must be observed as long as the enemy observes them.
** Muslims must fight only those who fight against them; non-combatants are not to be harmed.
** Weapons of mass destruction must never be used and collective punishment is strictly prohibited.
** Self-defense is not considered jihad if muslims are striking back in revenge.
** Hostilities should be ended as soon as the other party is inclined to peace

The word is always misconstrued. Anything good you does and worth emulating is basically Jihad.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by gbensright: 9:05am On Jan 29, 2013
self jihad (purging yourself to do the right ) is the most important jihad the Muslim should fight instead of few people riding on the wing of ignorance and attacking innocent people.purge yourself and the world will be better for it
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Rexyl(m): 9:19am On Jan 29, 2013
thorpido: The last prophet of God was prophet John(the baptist).Jesus said so.Muhammed was the only prophet of Allah.
How can the one who claims to be the last and greatest prophet be unknown by all other prophets before him.How come they didn't have any prophecy or visions concerning him?Even Jesus had no words concerning his coming.
Before u quote anything in d bible read and understand very well.I know ur familiar scripture and it qas the Holy Spirit,He spoke about.He said,'He will come in my Name'.Muhammed didn't come in the Name of Jesus so pls don't twist anything.

God can not be insincere to His promise (His covenant of true peace and and salvation of human souls from eternal destruction). The true message of God should then aim to purge mankind of the sins, release them from the stronghold the devil and free the mind from erroneous belief and misconception that leads to violence and destruction of lives and properties. He opened it up with Abraham and sealed it up with the coming of the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

From the Bible God declares peace for all that rest upon Him. Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Angels declares concerning the coming of Jesus Luke 2:10, 10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.

Jesus Himself declares John 10:9-10, 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nacl: 9:34am On Jan 29, 2013
RUBBISH! I JUST WASTED PRECIOUS MINUTES & SOME KILOBYTES ON THIS TOPIC. NEXT TOPIC ...
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by kross01(m): 9:42am On Jan 29, 2013
Akseph:
i complete disagree wit u, if u've study d history of america u wil knw it was laid on christ. D bible used to swear in their presidents was d one used by d first president. Obama was swear in with d bible nt because he is a christian bt dat is america doctrine. Pls google
thank you for that pointer bro, but it myt interest u as well if u'ld delve deep into d same history and know that it is a known fact that the american constitution bears no mention of God, infact the First Amendment justifies evicting crosses from
parks, purging prayer from schools and ousting “under God”
from the Pledge of Allegiance
. U can still very much google up the 1797 american treaty with the barbary pirates, during the presidency of adam where these quoted words can be found; “The Government of the United States
of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.” then let me know if you still call them a christian state.thanks
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Saksreal(f): 10:02am On Jan 29, 2013
Bélla3: You mean the verses that was condemning christianity and trinity? You've got to be kidding me.
Perhaps u checked the wrong thread or post.
Refer to page 4 or 5 of this thread and u'll see what am actually talking about
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Bella3(f): 10:28am On Jan 29, 2013
Saksreal:
Perhaps u checked the wrong thread or post.
Refer to page 4 or 5 of this thread and u'll see what am actually talking about
Yea perhaps. Pls quote it again for me, i cant find it. Forgive my inquisitiveness.grin
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by jaykaylegend(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2013
ocman: drives Range rover sports across thread

reveres and comments

this one is too much for me to read
i think u go skul
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Rexyl(m): 10:41am On Jan 29, 2013
Nacl: RUBBISH! I JUST WASTED PRECIOUS MINUTES & SOME KILOBYTES ON THIS TOPIC. NEXT TOPIC ...

No knowledge is wasted they say. You might have brought somebody out of the wood. Keep it up, you too will gain from what you don't know.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 11:51am On Jan 29, 2013
thorpido: The last prophet of God was prophet John(the baptist).Jesus said so.Muhammed was the only prophet of Allah.
How can the one who claims to be the last and greatest prophet be unknown by all other prophets before him.How come they didn't have any prophecy or visions concerning him?Even Jesus had no words concerning his coming.
Before u quote anything in d bible read and understand very well.I know ur familiar scripture and it qas the Holy Spirit,He spoke about.He said,'He will come in my Name'.Muhammed didn't come in the Name of Jesus so pls don't twist anything.
Lol...dont tell me Mohammed(sa) rejected Jesus(as) while you said 'he will come in my name' and John was the last prophet? when christians will claim the prophecy in 'deut' by Moses(as) was talking about Jesus while christians disagreed calling Jesus a 'prophet' but son of God or even God himself

if Mohammed(sa) was not mention by name by any Prophet and you say he is not prophecy then Jesus(as) prophecies in old testament bible is not meant for Jesus since no prophet mentioned his name... smiley
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 11:51am On Jan 29, 2013
oops!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Rexyl(m): 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
tintingz: Lol...dont tell me Mohammed(sa) rejected Jesus(as) while you said 'he will come in my name' and John was the last prophet? when christians will claim the prophecy in 'deut' by Moses(as) was talking about Jesus while christians disagreed calling Jesus a 'prophet' but son of God or even God himself

if Mohammed(sa) was not mention by name by any Prophet and you say he is not prophecy then Jesus(as) prophecies in old testament bible is not meant for Jesus since no prophet mentioned his name... smiley

Gentleman, Everything about the coming of Jesus in terms of how He would be born, what He will suffer and bear, how He would be as the son of God, how He would be for holiness and righteousness, how peaceful and affectionate He would live and want others to live, living without violence and taking the lives of others, and He revealed many things showing the true worship to the Most High. Let me give few examples.

Matthew 1:22-23, 22 So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: 23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Now a prophesy fulfilled from

Isaiah 7:14-15, 14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. 15 Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by alexis(m): 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
tintingz: Lol...dont tell me Mohammed(sa) rejected Jesus(as) while you said 'he will come in my name' and John was the last prophet? when christians will claim the prophecy in 'deut' by Moses(as) was talking about Jesus while christians disagreed calling Jesus a 'prophet' but son of God or even God himself

Prophecy doesn't have to follow a name tag. However, I will give you a few nuggets:

1. ALL the prophets in the new and old testament of the Bible have been JEWS
2. Jesus birth was foretold before He was born
3. The location was foretold before he was born
4. His rejection by His own people (Jews) was foretold
5. His betrayal was foretold
6. His name Immanuel "God with Us" was foretold as well

And many many more. We expect the such prophecies should have been the same for Mohammed. Don't you think?
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tomakint: 12:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
jude33084:

Are you a better muslim than the almajiris that sleep, eat, drink, and live Koran daily? You think they care about what you believe? cheesy cheesy

Abeg Jude, help me tell the 'clown' ooo, he is trying to interprete the Qu'ran more than Prophet Muhammad cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tomakint: 12:46pm On Jan 29, 2013

Alhaji u don start again, stop Islamising those Jewish sacred names, you and I know we have NOTHING in common
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tomakint: 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
ProfSule:

Is trying to have peace a problem? what jihad really means was just explained by a gud fellow nd u re here talking abt d yoruba's jihad nd d hausa fulani, why? in every tribe, religion, in short in everything, there are bad eggs. U shud undstnd dis pls.
Sule, but you have not succeeded in proving me wrong in my submission, I did not asked for what you are talking about, stop living in fairytales, refute the point I stated first then we can talk! cool
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 1:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
Rexyl:

Gentleman, Everything about the coming of Jesus in terms of how He would be born, what He will suffer and bear, how He would be as the son of God, how He would be for holiness and righteousness, how peaceful and affectionate He would live and want others to live, living without violence and taking the lives of others, and He revealed many things showing the true worship to the Most High. Let me give few examples.

Matthew 1:22-23, 22 So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: 23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Now a prophesy fulfilled from

Isaiah 7:14-15, 14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. 15 Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good.
sorry can you show me where Jesus was address as Emmanuel by the people in new testament bible

The greek word 'Paraclytos' said by Jesus has dsame meaning with 'Ahmad' in arabic said by Jesus in the Quran
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
alexis:

Prophecy doesn't have to follow a name tag. However, I will give you a few nuggets:

1. ALL the prophets in the new and old testament of the Bible have been JEWS
2. Jesus birth was foretold before He was born
3. The location was foretold before he was born
4. His rejection by His own people (Jews) was foretold
5. His betrayal was foretold
6. His name Immanuel "God with Us" was foretold as well

And many many more. We expect the such prophecies should have been the same for Mohammed. Don't you think?
i will not disagree with you b...ut if all prophet in the bible are jews that means their message is not universal since it was only isrealites that recieved Jehovah's message...so i will consider jehovah an isrealite god smiley

I can show you many prophecies in the bible that fortold Mohammed(sa) most especialy in 'deut' and 'isaiah' from OT bible smiley

Let not derail this thread we can disuss these in another thread
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by muteeu(m): 1:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mashallah........... jazzaka llah khair
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 1:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
tomakint:
Alhaji u don start again, stop Islamising those Jewish sacred names, you and I know we have NOTHING in common
the Quran teaches us to believe in every Prophet before Mohammed(sa) so we muslim gat to show salutation and respect to them smiley ...yes we have something in common but not christianity that was found by paul

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by thorpido(m): 1:34pm On Jan 29, 2013

The very first part of ur statement shows you do not understand that Scripture.Pick a bible and reread it again.John 15:26.Read chapter 16 too to have a better understanding of it.When Moses prophesied in Deuteronomy,he was indeed speaking of Jesus.You say the prophets didn't mention His name,well read what they said about His activities and tell me who they could have been speaking of.......except you choose to follow that familiar path of denial popular with unbelievers.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by thorpido(m): 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
tintingz: i will not disagree with you b...ut if all prophet in the bible are jews that means their message is not universal since it was only isrealites that recieved Jehovah's message...so i will consider jehovah an isrealite god smiley

I can show you many prophecies in the bible that fortold Mohammed(sa) most especialy in 'deut' and 'isaiah' from OT bible smiley

Let not derail this thread we can disuss these in another thread
Yes the prophets were jews but today the message is going round the world,like it doesn't matter who invented the computer,what matters is it's popularity around the world today.
I'll really like to see ur scriptures in Deut and Isaiah that prophesied about Muhammed.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
thorpido: The very first part of ur statement shows you do not understand that Scripture.Pick a bible and reread it again.John 15:26.Read chapter 16 too to have a better understanding of it.When Moses prophesied in Deuteronomy,he was indeed speaking of Jesus.You say the prophets didn't mention His name,well read what they said about His activities and tell me who they could have been speaking of.......except you choose to follow that familiar path of denial popular with unbelievers.
i will only ask you one question...do you accept Jesus is a prophet of God or son of God or God himself?
Which one?
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 2:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
thorpido: Yes the prophets were jews but today the message is going round the world,like it doesn't matter who invented the computer,what matters is it's popularity around the world today.
I'll really like to see ur scriptures in Deut and Isaiah that prophesied about Muhammed.
the prophets were jews and jehova didnt pick any prophet outside isreal and i will say all the prophet in the bible were only sent to the jews...remeber jehovah always refer to himself as god of isreal or father of the isrealites

Like have said let not derail this topic we can discuss the prophecies of Mohammed(sa) in another thread
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Orikinla(m): 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
God has not stopped calling and anointing believers to be his prophets or messengers.
We have true prophets of God in Nigeria.
But the false prophets are more than the true ones.

Please, John the Baptist was not the last prophet.

Please, read the following:

[size=18pt]1 Corinthians 12

Concerning Spiritual Gifts

12 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
Unity and Diversity in the Body

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues[d]? Do all interpret? 31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.
Love Is Indispensable

And yet I will show you the most excellent way.

~ 1 Corinthians 12 (New International Version)[/size]

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tomakint: 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
thorpido: Yes the prophets were jews but today the message is going round the world,like it doesn't matter who invented the computer,what matters is it's popularity around the world today.

Leave Alhaji alone, the guy is full of fairytales, there is no point 'educating him' I once engaged him sometimes last year on a thread I created; https://www.nairaland.com/989643/islam-religion-peace-violence and this is what tintingz has to say;

tintingz: @tomakint, you want answers i will giv you.
Mohammed was fortold in "deut 18:18"
in the book of isaiah how Quran was fortold
"And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of abook that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying,Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I am not learned. (isaiah 29:11) now in the Quran verse
"Read(Iqraa): In the name of your Lord who created, Created man from a clot. Read(Iqraa): And your Lord is the Most Bounteous, Who teaches by the pen, Teaches man that which he knew not."(Qur'an 96:1-5)
and Jesus(as) also said john14:16"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
"John 15:26"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"
to the next one Many true Prophets were killed (Matt. 23:7), but they were still true Prophets.
"Once the Holy Prophet (Saw) was given food mixed with poison to eat.He who ate it first expired, but the Holy Prophet (Saw) lived for four years even after taking that food . That food told the Holy Prophet (Saw): There is poison in me. The Prophet showed tremendous energy before his death, the poison had no effect on him. When the Prophet conquered Mecca, he was fasting!"
now is it not Jesus that said about "sign of Jonah" now my question did Jonah die in the big fish belle for 3 day or alive?
And you said Jesus is the saviour of the world? Remember he said he came only to the lost sheep of Isreal "mathew 15:24 & 10:5-6" even when they die only the 12 tribes of Isreal will be judged Jesus only call on 'O people isreal' but Mohammed is for all mankind
"O mankind! verily there hath come to you a convincing proof from your Lord: For We have sent unto you a light (that is) manifest. (Quran, 4:174)"
“And We have not sent you except as a Mercy to mankind.”(Quran 21:107)
so now tell me having wives is now a crime? The prophets in OT bible are now sinners including Abraham, David, Solomon etc, can you start naming the cocubines of Mohammed if he has one...guy you make me laf grin and who told you Mohammed(saw) is a siner when Jesus is asking God to forgive sins and crying on the cross why God leave him, when he Jesus has no power/authority to do tins on his own, and satan carried Jesus(as) ur god up and down and didnt know the last day... he will even reject you "mathew 7:21" it seems you have questions to answer bro, dnt worry i will soon expose your bible tongue FYI Mohammed(saw) prophecisd and did miracles spliting the moon, healing the injured man in war, causes rain to fall, decending to heaven, water flowing out from his fingers etc the greatest miracle among them all is the glorious Quran. You need to know more abt Prophet Mohammed(saw) even the monks fortold his coming...lemme reserve my post for now grin

...and this was my response to him then;

@ tintingz get educated on this for once and stop blaspheming!

You said: Mohammed was fortold in "deut 18:18"

= there you go again, that was Our Lord Jesus Christ, unknown to many muslims Jesus Christ was actually a Prophet, in actual fact, He encompasses the five gifts of the ministries he himself declared to as many that were called in Ephesians 4:11. The woman at the well confirmed that Jesus was a Prophet (John 4: 19). The Prophet mentioned here was declared in verse 15 of the chapter you quoted to be a Jew, read it! How come your Muhammad, an Arabian, is now the Prophet?

You said: "And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of abook that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying,Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I am not learned. (isaiah 29:11) now in the Quran verse
"Read(Iqraa): In the name of your Lord who created, Created man from a clot. Read(Iqraa): And your Lord is the Most Bounteous, Who teaches by the pen, Teaches man that which he knew not."(Qur'an 96:1-5)

= The Bible has never for once contradicted itself, the book of Isaiah you quoted has nothing to do with Islam let alone your prophet, Muhammad. If the name (Muhammad) is that relevant to our salvation the Bible would have mentioned it compare Isaiah 7: 14 to Matthew 1: 23 and see the perfect unity concerning the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ (Emmanuel). I repeat, there is no place in my Bible where your prophet, Muhammad was mentioned.

You said: and Jesus(as) also said john14:16"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
"John 15:26"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"

= Just listen to yourself and study where you quoted, for your information, the Comforter is the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit, who is still alive today and tomorrow note the latter part of the sentence, …..’that he may abide with you forever’ Muhammad is dead, he is no more how come you are quoting this verse to refer to a dead prophet? when John 15:26 even called the Comforter ‘the Spirit of Truth’ – You need to learn English very well!

You said: Once the Holy Prophet (Saw) was given food mixed with poison to eat.He who ate it first expired, but the Holy Prophet (Saw) lived for four years even after taking that food . That food told the Holy Prophet (Saw): There is poison in me. The Prophet showed tremendous energy before his death, the poison had no effect on him. When the Prophet conquered Mecca, he was fasting!"

= Read it yourself over and over again and again! Then tell me if this above sentence has any reasonable meaning.

You said: now is it not Jesus that said about "sign of Jonah" now my question did Jonah die in the big fish belle for 3 day or alive? And you said Jesus is the saviour of the world? Remember he said he came only to the lost sheep of Isreal "mathew 15:24 & 10:5-6" even when they die only the 12 tribes of Isreal will be judged Jesus only call on 'O people isreal' but Mohammed is for all mankind "O mankind! verily there hath come to you a convincing proof from your Lord: For We have sent unto you a light (that is) manifest. (Quran, 4:174)"

= Really, tintingz you wouldn’t have put yourself in this tight corner if you had not try to explain the Bible to a Christian, you really muddled up things. I pray after this, your eyes will be opened to the truth for once and ever! If he was sent alone to the lost sheep of Israel how come that Canaanite woman’s daughter was healed? In the same Matthew chapter 15 you quoted in verse 28. As for you contesting the fact that Jesus is the savior of the world. Those (genuine Christians) who were confronted in the spirit world by demons, may be in their dreams and even those who have seen the mighty hands of Jesus during healing times will tell you more that at the mention of that Great Name, JESUS; devil, demons, witches, herbalists, sicknesses, curses and all negative forces of this life bow down! I am yet to hear and confirm that Muhammad’s name do the same?

You said: he will even reject you "mathew 7:21" it seems you have questions to answer bro, dnt worry i will soon expose your bible FYI Mohammed(saw) prophecisd and did miracles spliting the moon, healing the injured man in war, causes rain to fall, decending to heaven, water flowing out from his fingers etc the greatest miracle among them all
is the glorious Quran. You need to know more abt Prophet Mohammed(saw) even the monks fortold his coming

= You are simply clueless! Now I understand you better! “Your prophet sliced the Giant Moon into half with his scimitar, water flowing from his fingernails, a palm tree even cried like a baby because your prophet wouldn’t preach under it” and many more cock and bull related miracles – You must be high on cracks to believe this!

You said: ...lemme reserve my post for now

= My friend, you can keep it, I have seen enough! Why I totally own up to what I have posted here, I cannot be held responsible for how you understand it. My Point!
The Christian Bible predates Muhammad and Islam by more than 575 years. The Jewish Torah predates Muhammad and Islam by 1,000 - 3,000 years. Surah 29:46 Muslims were told by Allah, not to question the authority of the scriptures of the Christians, saying, "And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one” - I believe GOD, Yahweh is not the same as your ALLAH – Never! [/quote]
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by PedroJP(m): 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
if i can lay my hands on islam,i'll annihilate them. No other religion disturbs the peace of the world but islam. I wonder what brings them converts ?
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Rexyl(m): 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
tintingz: i will only ask you one question...do you accept Jesus is a prophet of God or son of God or God himself?
Which one?

Yes SON of GOD. No twisting the is Complete about that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Woman Is Married For Four Reasons / Who Is Your Most Favourite Reciter Of The Quran / Lessons From The New Zealand Mosque Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.