Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,206 members, 7,839,109 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

The True Meaning Of Jihad - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The True Meaning Of Jihad (21706 Views)

The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. / Three Stages Of Jihad - What Are We Supposed To Believe ? / Come And See jihad For What It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Philolos: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
akande.james:
IGNORANCE AND LACK OF REASON WILL DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD. HAVE A PROOF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZEvA8BCoBw

And your point Sir/Ma? Pointless...and irrelevant.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by kufre2010: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
bigmanahmad: Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory.

[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah ." And were it not that Allah checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentioned. And Allah will surely support those who support Him. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might.
Surah al-hajj
NO HUMAN HAS D RIGHT TO FIGHT 4 GOD INSTEAD IS GOD THAT SHOULD FIGHT 4 US.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
delors:

A war is a war...holy or unholy...Uthman dan Fodio fought Holy wars against people he believed to be infidels...and it was a massacre...What differentiates Jihad from fatwa? Nothing bro...its a needless war of hostilities...
I mean if it wasnt a war of hostilitites, why do all the Islam clerics...the well grounded clerics lead wars against others? Or are we to believe that wars waged against other religious are perpetrated by young, naive muslims? No...they are formented and sponsored by full, highly educated Islamic clerics...
So, I do not buy your version of interpretation which tends to appeal to people's sensitivity...A spade is a spade...Jihad is a war...holy or unholy.

DO NOT BAN THIS UNLESS YOU ARE SO DEFENSIVE AND NOT OPEN TO THE TRUTH...I DID NOT INSULT ANY RELIGION HERE, I JUST RE-PAINTED YOUR PICTURE OF JIHADISM

Usually, you all define whom a Muslim cleric is without even knowing Islam.

Of course you wont accept any opinion that is contrary to d one you want 2 believe of Muslims. It doesn't matter much because u lose in that. No one but you, lose on that

I dont know much about the dan fodio story. I wish I do. It must have been worthwhile if it led to the establishment of an Islamic state. What led to the war? Do you know it or have you been passing around unconfirmed information like the majority of you do around here?
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by realsammie(m): 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
lordnoah:

Eeya....sori...u r stil living in d world of ignorance, so wit al d info nw available..u dnt stil knw d pple behind 9 11. Wether u like it or nt, u cnt stop pple frm bn Muslims or pple joining d true religion of God...keep ff d deceit of d western world.

what!!! So who are the people behind 9:11
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Psylas(m): 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
Jihad means inner sruggle

2 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by cesil92: 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
O.P, I'm sorry its already too late... No1 here, not even those radical jihadist will believe u or get convinced...

They've already created a bad image, efforts to rebrand the image of islam is late already..
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by abrajproperty: 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
4|171|O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

4|172|The Messiah will never be proud to reject to be a slave to Allah, nor the angels who are near (to Allah). And whosoever rejects His worship and is proud, then He will gather them all together unto Himself.

4|173|So, as for those who believed (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) and did deeds of righteousness, He will give their (due) rewards, and more out of His Bounty. But as for those who refuse His worship and were proud, He will punish them with a painful torment. And they will not find for themselves besides Allah any protector or helper.
Akpan107: Hmmmm... Whatever! but mind you, Only Jesus save's... Give ur live to the One that is able to save you. Jesus is the only Messiah even in the Quran (sura 4v171)
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
I wonder how Usman Dan Fodio missed that memo when he came riding with sword in hand

2 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:27pm On Jan 28, 2013
cesil92: O.P, I'm sorry its already too late... No1 here, not even those radical jihadist will believe u or get convinced...

They've already created a bad image, efforts to rebrand the image of islam is late already..
At least u were told.

You wouldnt say they didnt tell you.

Some of you are afraid of the truth so much that even when presented to your face, you flee.

It has been said that black people like their oppressors. Like the boko haram kind of Muslims and would rather sleep with the thought that boko haram might blow them up in d night than with a thought that maybe the boko people would listen to the better Muslims who preach against the killings.

As you want it dear.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Orikinla(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
[size=18pt]I am not moved by romantic definitions of Islamic ideologies, but by how the lives of the founder, successors and followers reflected his or their beliefs as shown in their violent histories of the Sunni and Shi'a Muslims.

Explain the following:

1. The causes and consequences of the Battle of Jamal.

2. Siege of Uthman

3. Why Muhammad broke with his Jewish supporters because they refused to recognize him as a prophet and adopt Isalm. He chose now to emphasize the Arabness of the new religion and has his followers face Mecca when praying instead of Jerusalem. In the end, all the Jews were either banished or executed?

4. At the Battle of Abdr, Muhammad and his followers defeated an army from Mecca. Muhammad's chief rival in Mecca, Abu Jahl, was executed.

5. 628: Muhammad led about 1,600 men on a pilgrimage to Mecca where their passage was blocked by citizens of Mecca. Fortunately they agreed to negotiate with Muhammad and then later agreed to the Pact of Hudaibiya, ending hostilities and allowing for Muslim pilgrimages.

629: After a group of Muslims was attacked, Muhammad dissolved the Pact of Hudaibiya and prepared to attack Mecca.

630: An army of 30,000 Muslims marched on Mecca which surrendered with little resistance. Muhammad took control of the city and made it the spiritual center of Islam.

632: Death of Muhammad. His father-in-law, Abu-Bakr, and Umar devised a system to allow Islam to sustain religious and political stability. Accepting the name of caliph ("deputy of the Prophet"wink, Abu-Bakr begins a military exhibition to enforce the caliph's authority over Arabian followers of Muhammad. Abu-Bakr then moved northward, defeating Byzantine and Persian forces. Abu-Bakr died two years later and Umar succeeded him as the second caliph, launching a new campaign against the neighboring empires.

Read the complete report on the violent Jihads of Islam on http://www.thelatinlibrary.com/imperialism/notes/islamchron.html[/size]

5 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by raynold17(m): 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah:

Usually, you all define whom a Muslim cleric is without even knowing Islam.

Of course you wont accept any opinion that is contrary to d one you want 2 believe of Muslims. It doesn't matter much because u lose in that. No one but you, lose on that

I dont know much about the dan fodio story. I wish I do. It must have been worthwhile if it led to the establishment of an Islamic state. What led to the war? Do you know it or have you been passing around unconfirmed information likebthe majoritu of you do around here?
shut the f up..a Muslim chief cleric order for the killing of a 9year old gal claiming she ripped a Koran page..when he was the one who ripped it trying to blame a young Christian gal for blaspheming you would be amazed to see 100s gathering to watch the gal die..but by his grace the thruth came out and the imam still walks around like he did nothing wrong. nobody calling for the cleric head..if that's not hypocritical in advance form then something is wrong.. what happen to a black Christian in Egypt for no reason

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
As-salamu Alaykum Saksreal,

I read through your post and to tell you the truth, my heart beat stopped for two seconds...I was glad but at the same time sad.

I was glad to know that some moslems can be very thoughtful and trully know the meaning of Jihad and as Mr. Tunde rightly said, you are indeed blessed with insight.

But at the same time, I keep wondering why some will so lose its meaning and subject themselves to the dictates of some selfish individuals. Only Allah knows the heart of men and the reason for some of our actions.

Like Bella, I am quite curious to know whether this is your personal view on the matter or the view of some Islamic clerics (scholars) or is this what the quran teaches?

I will appreciate some input from Mr. Tunji and Mr Tbaba if you guys are properly disposed.

Salam!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Gabrielsylar(m): 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
why must it be all about fighting
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by abdul4hire: 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
BĂ©lla3: i'd really appreciate a quran verse to support this.
PS: hadiths are nt acceptable.

hmm... In Islam in order not to misinterpret verses or take out of context u must turn to the ahadith.

For example there is a consensus about the number of rakats for each prayer.i.e morning 2,afternoon 4 and so on. even though these are not mentioned in the quran.

So the prophet (saw) tru his actions and words explains/gives correct understanding of every single verse in the quran.

For clarification visit islamqa.com or search for the explanations of the most prominent islamic council in saudi arabia which issues rulings for day to day life of all muslims in saudi.

May Allah reward @OP.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by wellmax(m): 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
Jesus said LOVE YOUR ENEMIES, DO GOOD TO THOSE WHO HATE YOU
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Desoda: 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
A muslim chick told me Jihad means "struggle for the survival of islam". Boko haram, al qaeda, taliban, al shabab etc is a picture of the true meaning of jihad.

2 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
raynold17 :
shut the f up..a Muslim chief cleric order for the killing of a 9year old gal claiming she ripped a Koran page..when he was the one who ripped it trying to blame a young Christian gal for blaspheming you would be amazed to see 100s gathering to watch the gal die..but by his grace the thruth came out and the imam still walks around like he did nothing wrong. nobody calling for the gal head..if that's not hypocritical in advance form then something is wrong..

And that picture is of a nine year old?
Tell another lie jor. Christian liar.
And of what concern to me is what any liar did assuming it did happen. Did he say the Quran asked him to do that?

Many ofbu deserve where u are cos u fail to reason.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by raynold17(m): 6:38pm On Jan 28, 2013
abdul4hire:

hmm... In Islam in order not to misinterpret verses or take out of context u must turn to the ahadith.

For example there is a consensus about the number of rakats for each prayer.i.e morning 2,afternoon 4 and so on. even though these are not mentioned in the quran.

So the prophet (saw) tru his actions and words explains/gives correct understanding of every single verse in the quran.

For clarification visit islamqa.com or search for the explanations of the most prominent islamic council in saudi arabia which issues rulings for day to day life of all muslims in saudi.

May Allah reward @OP.

lmao I saw a post that a Muslim dude said u shouldn't take the prophet word to seriously something like that.now your saying a different thing.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
striktlymi: As-salamu Alaykum Saksreal,

I read through your post and to tell you the truth, my heart beat stopped for two seconds...I was glad but at the same time sad.

I was glad to know that some moslems can be very thoughtful and trully know the meaning of Jihad and as Mr. Tunde rightly said, you are indeed blessed with insight.

But at the same time, I keep wondering why some will so lose its meaning and subject themselves to the dictates of some selfish individuals. Only Allah knows the heart of men and the reason for some of our actions.

Like Bella, I am quite curious to know whether this is your personal view on the matter or the view of some Islamic clerics (scholars) or is this what the quran teaches?

I will appreciate some input from Mr. Tunji and Mr Tbaba if

you guys are properly disposed.

Salam!

Many Muslims will tell u d same. The likes of boko haram, the prophet told us would arise at this time. They are known as khawarij. Extremism is their mark.

While fighting is allowed in Islam,it is only in certain situations and with strict guiding lawa to protect civilians, women and children and the laws are to be under a government and not individuals creating chaos.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
Desoda: A muslim chick told me Jihad means "struggle for the survival of islam". Boko haram, al qaeda, taliban, al shabab etc is a picture of the true meaning of jihad.

They have a PHD in deception
They will tell you want they want you to hear but behind closed doors when it is them them,they will tell the truth
Jihad means death to all enemies of Allah
It means accept Allah or die
It means Mohammed by fire by force
Don't be deceived

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
kufre2010: NO HUMAN HAS D RIGHT TO FIGHT 4 GOD INSTEAD IS GOD THAT SHOULD FIGHT 4 US.

Just like God comes down to feed you and write your exams for you?

Where are all these dimwits from?

Obama is a christian. Is d christian god pulling his triggers for him or riding d helicopters.

Even Jona bobo isnt waiting on je-su to av an army deployed.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
Desoda: A muslim chick told me Jihad means "struggle for the survival of islam". Boko haram, al qaeda, taliban, al shabab etc is a picture of the true meaning of jihad.

And you have turned yourself to a muslim cleric. Clap for yourself. You know more than the Muslims.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by raynold17(m): 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah:

And that picture is of a nine year old?
Tell another lie jor. Christian liar.
And of what concern to me is what any liar did assuming it did happen. Did he say the Quran asked him to do that?

Many ofbu deserve where u are cos u fail to reason.
for the fact you didn't even complain about the pic just tell me how you guys hate Christians... my Muslim friend insulted a Christian woman in some sort of Arabic way just cos she was standing close to a Muslim Guy.2) a Muslim man sacked his Christian gate man after he found out he was Christian(huasa Christian the usually look like Muslim) ... #fact you guys hate none Muslims especially the huasa one's/Arab..
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by grafikii: 6:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
Because someone calls himself a shiek does that mean Christianity his actions is what islam is all about, what about the millions of Muslim that preach peace, is Reverend king what Christianity is about
jude33084:

You have spoken well I must say But how will you explain the actions of shiek Gumi and his utterances about muslims and infidel? wink
Why is he always calling for hatred and fight if that is not Jihad? undecided
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2013
The op is speaking from his own mind and not from the quaran.

He probably regret how muhammed and his followers defined islam and wish he could rewrite what muhammed had laid down.

Jesus is the only way to God. The very anointrd of God. Every others are fake.Retrace ur way and find peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lessons From The New Zealand Mosque Shooting / Who Is Your Most Favourite Reciter Of The Quran / 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.