Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,083 members, 7,838,731 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

The True Meaning Of Jihad - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The True Meaning Of Jihad (21704 Views)

The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. / Three Stages Of Jihad - What Are We Supposed To Believe ? / Come And See jihad For What It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by outrage: 5:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
Akpan107: Hmmmm... Whatever! but mind you, Only Jesus save's... Give ur live to the One that is able to save you. Jesus is the only Messiah even in the Quran (sura 4v171)
Go back and read this verse again! You obviously read the first part and left the rest out.

Jazakallahu khair @op
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by bola4dprec(m): 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
BĂ©lla3: hello? No one can meet my request??
In other words: Don't worry about the nonbelievers, Allah will deal with them in the afterlife. And as we have seen, the Qur'an is full of threats about the terrible fate awaiting nonbelievers there.
One very well-known verse used to prove tolerance in the Qur'an must be mentioned:
Let there be no compulsion in religion. (2:256)
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by jude33084(m): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
** Muslims must not begin hostilities. They must strive for peace as much as possible.
** All treaties and agreements must be observed as long as the enemy observes them.
** Muslims must fight only those who fight against them; non-combatants are not to be harmed.
** Weapons of mass destruction must never be used and collective punishment is strictly prohibited.
** Self-defense is not considered jihad if muslims are striking back in revenge.
** Hostilities should be ended as soon as the other party is inclined to peace

why not face Jamb and Boko Haram with the quoted above? undecided

3 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Isiterere(m): 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
Akpan107: Hmmmm... Whatever! but mind you, Only Jesus save's... Give ur live to the One that is able to save you. Jesus is the only Messiah even in the Quran (sura 4v171)
. I will appreciate if you learn how to quote and apply Quran , you don't just pick only a word in the holy quran and used it like this. Out of the verse its only Jesus (messiah)that caught your attention. It will do you good to copy and paste the verse for others to see cos ain't gonna do that for u. You need to get busy....
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
tomakint: To start with, Islam in Nigeria is split into two broad groups; (1)The Hausa-Fulani Muslims and (2) Others (Yorubas, Tapas, and all the rest tribes) The Hausa-Fulanis don't see Jihad the way Yoruba Muslims and others define it, that's the gospel truth, infact an average Aboki don't see a fellow Muslim from other tribes as friends, they consider them inferior to themselves and that gives the "Violent Colouration to Islam" Just my thought mind you cool
And how did you know this?
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by aglomar: 5:53pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hmmm
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2013
Straight From the Quran

And when the sacred months are passed, kill those who join other gods with God wherever ye shall find them; and seize them, besiege them, and lay wait for them with every kind of ambush: but if they shall convert ... then let them go their way, for God is Gracious, Merciful. If any one of those who join gods with God ask asylum of thee, grant him an asylum, that he may hear the Word of God, and then let him reach his place of safety. This, for that they are people devoid of knowledge." Surah ix.5,6

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by bola4dprec(m): 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
Isiterere: . I will appreciate if you learn how to quote and apply Quran , you don't just pick only a word in the holy quran and used it like this. Out of the verse its only Jesus (messiah)that caught your attention. It will do you good to copy and paste the verse for others to see cos ain't gonna do that for u. You need to get busy....
O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Issa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

5 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
I see many funny comments.

Some non-muslims have their thoughts on what Islam is and are not ready to change that.

It is like deciding to be a fool.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by jude33084(m): 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
superior1: @ OP,did Osama understood Jihad according to your definition?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by jude33084(m): 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah: I see many funny comments.

Some non-muslims have their thoughts on what Islam is and are not ready to change that.

Are you a better muslim than the almajiris that sleep, eat, drink, and live Koran daily? You think they care about what you believe? cheesy cheesy
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
jerseyboy: Straight From the Quran

Do u think you would still be alive if that is to be taken literally and is meant to be for every situation? I wouldn't have been a Muslim either.But thank God I am because I am guided. I pray you receive guidance as well.

Has any of the Muslims you must have met in all of the years of your existence tried to kill u? You simply can't be alive if that statement above is one of the pillars of Islam. The things that make you a good Muslim are five and do not include fighting.

Verses of the Qur'an were for times and conditions. The religious leaders were also the community leaders hence d need to fight 2 protect their sovereignity and that was even after they were previously attacked.

If you insist and keep to your thoughts. I have at least given you my 2 cents

4 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by missmood(f): 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
ocman: jihad is BOMB and BOMB is Jihad
eaya, neva knew u were dis daft
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by jude33084(m): 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
Islam itself is not bad but some Muslims now make it look bad due to your various interpretations of Jihad and its rewards. wink
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by alexis(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2013
Saksreal: JIHAD is a Term often misunderstood and associated with radical militants. The arabic word is wrongly misinterpretated as "Holy War", although there is no such thing in islam. Holy war is something undertaken to forcibly subject others to certain religious doctrines, which is forbidden in Islam.

The arabic word "Jihad" means a struggle or striving and applies to any great effort on the personal and social level. It is striving to do good and remove injustice and evil from oneself and the society. This exertion of effort can be spiritual, economic, social or political. For example, one of the highest level of Jihad is to stand before a tyrant and speak a word of truth. Restraining oneself from wrongdoing is also a form of Jihad. It is a broad concept that includes opposing evil inclinations within oneself, opposing injustice through peaceful means, efforts to improve the quality of life in a society as well as the striving by military forces on a battlefield in defence of the community or oppressed people. Jihad is not synonymus with war and it certainly does not involve terrorism. Armed Jihad is not an option for muslim individuals or groups and can only be declared by the muslim head of state. Moreover it must never be fought for wordly gain, conquest or revenge. Muslims may only engage in battle to protect people's lives, properties and freedom.

Jihad has conditions of restraint that distinguishes it from any other kind of warfare. They can be summarised as follows.

** Muslims must not begin hostilities. They must strive for peace as much as possible.
** All treaties and agreements must be observed as long as the enemy observes them.
** Muslims must fight only those who fight against them; non-combatants are not to be harmed.
** Weapons of mass destruction must never be used and collective punishment is strictly prohibited.
** Self-defense is not considered jihad if muslims are striking back in revenge.

Thanks for sharing this post; I like it very much. I think you covered only two forms of Jihad and not the 3rd one.

1. Personal Jihad - Jihad against self i.e. It is striving to do good and remove injustice and evil from oneself and the society
2. Protecting oneself and family - If someone evades your house or property or land. You have the right to defend yourself. I support this.

However, you failed to mention the 3rd type of Jihad, the offensive one. This goes contrary to your claim Muslims must not begin hostilities. Is there an Offensive Jihad as taught in the Quran or Hadiths?
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by delors(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
Saksreal: JIHAD is a ..."Holy War",

Jihad has conditions of restraint that distinguishes it from any other kind of warfare. They can be summarised as follows.

A war is a war...holy or unholy...Uthman dan Fodio fought Holy wars against people he believed to be infidels...and it was a massacre...What differentiates Jihad from fatwa? Nothing bro...its a needless war of hostilities...
I mean if it wasnt a war of hostilitites, why do all the Islam clerics...the well grounded clerics lead wars against others? Or are we to believe that wars waged against other religious are perpetrated by young, naive muslims? No...they are formented and sponsored by full, highly educated Islamic clerics...
So, I do not buy your version of interpretation which tends to appeal to people's sensitivity...A spade is a spade...Jihad is a war...holy or unholy.

DO NOT BAN THIS UNLESS YOU ARE SO DEFENSIVE AND NOT OPEN TO THE TRUTH...I DID NOT INSULT ANY RELIGION HERE, I JUST RE-PAINTED YOUR PICTURE OF JIHADISM

7 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by jude33084(m): 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah:

Do u think you would still be alive if that is to be taken literally and is meant to be for every situation? I wouldn't have been a Muslim either.But thank God I am because I am guided. I pray you receive guidance as well.

Has any of the Muslims you must have met in all of the years of your existence tried to kill u? You simply can't be alive if that statement above is one of the pillars of Islam. The things that make you a good Muslim are five and do not include fighting.

Verses of the Qur'an were for times and conditions. The religious leaders were also the community leaders hence d need to fight 2 protect their sovereignity and that was even after they were previously attacked.

If you insist and keep to your thoughts. I have at least given you my 2 cents

You have spoken well I must say But how will you explain the actions of shiek Gumi and his utterances about muslims and infidel? wink
Why is he always calling for hatred and fight if that is not Jihad? undecided
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by dederocs(m): 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
[quote author=nuorlah]I see many funny comments.

[/quote
muslims feel like bosses,but table must turn...soon.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Philolos: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
shamson:

I hope you listen to the words of wisdom and stop been "fanatics"

Wait till you or a member of your family is maimed by the fanatics of your faith. Perhaps you don't even care. All you hold on to is the Qran/kran.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
Philolos:

BS. Tell that to the families of 911. Tell that to the families that have lost lives and are being displaced daily in northern Nigeria, Iraq, etc. Please tell that to the Malians. The true meaning of Jihad: a benign cancer within Islam that is now active. That is the practice of Jihad as we now have come to understand it. And don't try to tell us any different Mr/Ms. OP.
Please tell us something else that we don't already know.

Eeya....sori...u r stil living in d world of ignorance, so wit al d info nw available..u dnt stil knw d pple behind 9 11. Wether u like it or nt, u cnt stop pple frm bn Muslims or pple joining d true religion of God...keep ff d deceit of d western world.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
alexis:

Thanks for sharing this post; I like it very much. I think you covered only two forms of Jihad and not the 3rd one.

1. Personal Jihad - Jihad against self i.e. It is striving to do good and remove injustice and evil from oneself and the society
2. Protecting oneself and family - If someone evades your house or property or land. You have the right to defend yourself. I support this.

However, you failed to mention the 3rd type of Jihad, the offensive one. This goes contrary to your claim Muslims must not begin hostilities. Is there an Offensive Jihad as taught in the Quran or Hadiths?

Actually, yes. I mentioned it in my earlier post. The muslim leaders were the leaders in all ramifications. The Muslims were a nation and when the need to protect there sovereignity arose, they went into defense.

Musllims can act under the army of a nation to fight for their freedom, their land and pride and that would be termed jihad and the soldiers who die, martyrs but not as certain individuals without the jurisdiction to do so.

There is a clean cut difference between that type of jihad and terrorism. I may just write it out on another thread.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by jude33084(m): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
dederocs:
u re a big fool.

modify your post bro, no need for that wink
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by mshd5: 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
[quote
author=Akpan107]Hmmmm... Whatever! but mind you, Only Jesus save's...
Give ur live to the One that is able to save you. Jesus is the only
Messiah even in the Quran (sura 4v171)[/quote]
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
[quote author=dederocs][/quote]

Oh yeah! We are the reagents of Allah on the earth. Who fit that position better than us?

You wanna feel like a boss/be the boss? Join us. The door is open for you wink
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by IleIfe2(m): 6:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
Boko-Haram and Alqaeda are the ones that need This Waasi. Don't preach what Jihad is the 'infidels'.'Infidels'don't need to know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Woman Is Married For Four Reasons / Who Is Your Most Favourite Reciter Of The Quran / Lessons From The New Zealand Mosque Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.