Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,190 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

The True Meaning Of Jihad - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The True Meaning Of Jihad (21707 Views)

The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. / Three Stages Of Jihad - What Are We Supposed To Believe ? / Come And See jihad For What It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by grafikii: 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2013
So you are now an Islamic scholar who knows jihad better than Muslims themselves

babyosisi:

They have a PHD in deception
They will tell you want they want you to hear but behind closed doors when it is them them,they will tell the truth
Jihad means death to all enemies of Allah
It means accept Allah or die
It means Mohammed by fire by force
Don't be deceived
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2013
laylow001: Statistically Speaking islam is the most violent Religion.
This is not a joke. This is not misinformation. This is not a lie. These are the statistical facts. Thanks to www.thereligionofpeace.com for keeping a record of as many confirmed Islamic terrorist attacks as humanly possible since September 11, 2001. Their data is not exhaustive of course because it doesn’t contain many attacks because they either weren’t reported or they include honour killings and judical killings like stoning or flogging people to death for petty crimes. However, what this data shows is that far from being a religion of peace, no other religion inspires nearly as much violence and bloodshed than Islam.

Because of d rate at which people can be dumb here let me use an analogy.

If ACN writes a report on PDP, what do you expect it to be like.

If insane and of course enemies of Islam and Muslims write about Muslims,what do u expect of it.

I dont support the terrorists even though I acknowledge that d true jihad that involves fighting still exists but the drones of d zionists have actually killed so many civillians.

Have you heard of the crusades fought by the christian missionaries and did you see what happened to the people.of palestine not long ago? The bombs were from a christian led administration of d US. That is how christians do it! Hypocrites dem be

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by saved: 6:54pm On Jan 28, 2013
Jihad is fundamental to everyone. But, some extremists have different version, that is the main reason they teach their children to hate and kill non-muslims. My experience in Jos is quite different from your post. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
raynold17 :
lol I new nitwits like u will misinterpret it..I clear updated d post..

Can you try to make some sense pls. Thank you wink
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 28, 2013
babyosisi:

They have a PHD in deception
They will tell you [size=28pt]want[/size] they want you to hear but behind closed doors when it is them them,they will tell the truth
Jihad means death to all enemies of Allah
It means accept Allah or die
It means Mohammed by fire by force
Don't be deceived

Smh

2 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah:

Many Muslims will tell u d same. The likes of boko haram, the prophet told us would arise at this time. They are known as khawarij. Extremism is their mark.

While fighting is allowed in Islam,it is only in certain situations and with strict guiding lawa to protect civilians, women and children and the laws are to be under a government and not individuals creating chaos.

Good evening nuorlah,

Can you explain a bit what you mean by khawarij and lawa?

Thanks!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by raynold17(m): 7:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah:

Can you try to make some sense pls. Thank you wink
clearly are you happy now..how about defending the action of the cleric and the Egyptian Muslim who committed those atrocities..yeah u can't cos you know am right
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 7:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
raynold17 :
for the fact you didn't even complain about the pic just tell me how you guys hate Christians... my Muslim friend insulted a Christian woman in some sort of Arabic way just cos she was standing close to a Muslim Guy.2) a Muslim man sacked his Christian gate man after he found out he was Christian(huasa Christian the usually look like Muslim) ... #fact you guys hate none Muslims especially the huasa one's/Arab..

What are you talking about. Did u miss your way?
Some christians crucify themselves on easter day to feel the pains of jesus. That picture above looks like one of them. It doesnt look like a nine yr old girl and you are too blind by d liea to.see that.

I have a very good friend who is a christian. I like him sooooooo much.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by maclatunji: 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2013
Those who have complaints about the warning on this section can contact the Administrator directly or create a thread about it in the General Section.

Stop using that topic to derail threads.

Civil comments across board please.

Thank you.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by raynold17(m): 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah:

What are you talking about. Did u miss your way?
Some christians crucify themselves on easter day to feel the pains of jesus. That picture above looks like one of them. It doesnt look like a nine yr old girl and you are too blind by d liea to.see that.

I have a very good friend who is a christian. I like him sooooooo much.
Jesus christ..I clearly said the picture was of a man crucified by Egyptian Muslims.. your are extremely clueless.. you can't defend this just STFU..

2 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Obo8405(m): 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
Jihad is the killing of human by human for human,GOD IS NOT INVOLVE.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
You can't cover up the truth with literary writings when the reality is witnessed daily in the lives of most jihadist. If only others see it the way you (poster) sees it, then there won't be issues.

But seriously, Jesus Christ is the only truth, light and saviour, taste Him and see for yourselfsmiley

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by gsalvatore: 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
The OP is not a True MUSLIM.
Kill the INFIDELS is BOLDLY written in your Holy Books.
Stop pretending to be Nice and all that, People like You will always try to hide in Sheep skin. Be Proud of what you are. What you see in all over the mid-east and Muslim populated Africa is JiHad-not all these essay you wrote here. You are not more intelligent or schooled than these Jihadists. Most of these jihadist went to the Best Schools in UK and US, They know the quran more the you...if you want post this your thread a thousand times it will change nothing,maybe I think you should rewrite the quran cos that's the Manual for a True Muslim/Jihad, and you have to be careful cos other true muslims won't find it funny with ya. #jstsaying

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
rafhell: The op is speaking from his own mind and not from the quaran.

He probably regret how muhammed and his followers defined islam and wish he could rewrite what muhammed had laid down.

Jesus is the only way to God. The very anointrd of God. Every others are fake.Retrace ur way and find peace.

Just like what you said about Jesus is from your mind and notfrom the bible?
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by abdul4hire: 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
This is simple if you have doubts about the true position of islam, pls google the rulings giving by the most prominent islamic body in saudi. known as the permanent committee (lajna daima in arabic). It is saddled with the responsiblity of giving all sharia rulings in saudi.

If u cant trust what they say about the true position of islam then i wonder who u can trust as a christain.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
Sure the poster is not very verse in terms of knowledge of jihad in the islamic context. The above stated definition is the thought of a yoruba or wealthy muslim some where around the world. Like i have stated, in the course of my career, i have been privilaged to work in 4 muslim countries ( malaysia, oman, UAE, and Egypt) and have driven this question hard into the hearts of strong and deep muslim friends from these countries and pakistan, and the reply all remains the same, even with various quotes from the koran. Let muslims look deep and ask themselves, what is it that makes us want to attack, revolt and dominate others at the slightest provocation? My muslim friends from the middle east have told me time and time again, that they dont know what makes them to revenge or want to kill people from other religion or conflicting opinion. I love my muslim friends and want and pray for through revelation ( even as many have been recieving) of God their creator, saviour and redeemer. Jihad truely means killing jews, christians and non muslims in general.
please check comments by grand muftis and senior clerics from mid east and yu'll confirm. Jesus is Lord in heaven and earth!!!

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
raynold17 :
clearly are you happy now..how about defending the action of the cleric and the Egyptian Muslim who committed those atrocities..yeah u can't cos you know am right

I dont know u as being right.

Try to compose your sentences better next time.

There is nothing in Islamic law(shareeah) that allows the crucifiction of anyone. So anyone who does that is on his own.

It is like saying the Niger delta people are christian kidnappers. It doesn't sound christian. Does it?

You all need to start acting like you went to schools
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
DailyNews: You can't cover up the truth with literary writings when the reality is witnessed daily in the lives of most jihadist. If only others see it the way you (poster) sees it, then there won't be issues.

But seriously, Jesus Christ is the only truth, light and saviour, taste Him and see for yourselfsmiley

Is he sweet, salty or sour?

People you may have known to sound intelligent,religion comes in and they are like the lot. Fake intellectuals.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by 0rion: 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah:

I dont know u as being right.

Try to compose your sentences better next time.

There is nothing in Islamic law(shareeah) that allows the crucifiction of anyone. So anyone who does that is on his own.

It is like saying the Niger delta people are christian kidnappers. It doesn't sound christian. Does it?

You all need to start acting like you went to schools

This guy keep quite your religion sucks.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by warrior101: 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
Saksreal: JIHAD is a Term often misunderstood and associated with radical militants. The arabic word is wrongly misinterpretated as "Holy War", although there is no such thing in islam. Holy war is something undertaken to forcibly subject others to certain religious doctrines, which is forbidden in Islam.

The arabic word "Jihad" means a struggle or striving and applies to any great effort on the personal and social level. It is striving to do good and remove injustice and evil from oneself and the society. This exertion of effort can be spiritual, economic, social or political. For example, one of the highest level of Jihad is to stand before a tyrant and speak a word of truth. Restraining oneself from wrongdoing is also a form of Jihad. It is a broad concept that includes opposing evil inclinations within oneself, opposing injustice through peaceful means, efforts to improve the quality of life in a society as well as the striving by military forces on a battlefield in defence of the community or oppressed people. Jihad is not synonymus with war and it certainly does not involve terrorism. Armed Jihad is not an option for muslim individuals or groups and can only be declared by the muslim head of state. Moreover it must never be fought for wordly gain, conquest or revenge. Muslims may only engage in battle to protect people's lives, properties and freedom.

Jihad has conditions of restraint that distinguishes it from any other kind of warfare. They can be summarised as follows.

** Muslims must not begin hostilities. They must strive for peace as much as possible.
** All treaties and agreements must be observed as long as the enemy observes them.
** Muslims must fight only those who fight against them; non-combatants are not to be harmed.
** Weapons of mass destruction must never be used and collective punishment is strictly prohibited.
** Self-defense is not considered jihad if muslims are striking back in revenge.
** Hostilities should be ended as soon as the other party is inclined to peace

Am i supposed to believe all this? Cram it will walnuts, ugly.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by ugoflenzy: 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ muslim man belive dat jihad is a holy war n when ‎​*U̶̲̥̅̊* die fightin ‎​*U̶̲̥̅̊* wil go 2 paradise datz ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ reason most muslims enjoy fighting so much.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
gsalvatore: The OP is not a True MUSLIM.
Kill the INFIDELS is BOLDLY written in your Holy Books.
Stop pretending to be Nice and all that, People like You will always try to hide in Sheep skin. Be Proud of what you are. What you see in all over the mid-east and Muslim populated Africa is JiHad-not all these essay you wrote here. You are not more intelligent or schooled than these Jihadists. Most of these jihadist went to the Best Schools in UK and US, They know the quran more the you...if you want post this your thread a thousand times it will change nothing,maybe I think you should rewrite the quran cos that's the Manual for a True Muslim/Jihad, and you have to be careful cos other true muslims won't find it funny with ya. #jstsaying

Keep lying to yourself.
Isn't something pricking you? telling you to stop lying?
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
tomakint: where is Nagoma, Tintingz and the other JIHADISTS, this is the time to 'educate us now' grin
the op post is enough for you to ''educate yourself'' tongue cheesy
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening nuorlah,

Can you explain a bit what you mean by khawarij and lawa?

Thanks!

Good evening sir,
I will get back to you on the khawarij because it requires that I make some quotes that I dont have access to now. I meant to write laws and not lawa.forgive me for the typo.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Orikinla(m): 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
DECEPTION IS ONE OF THE MOST EFFECTIVE METHODS IN EVERY REVOLUTIONARY IDEOLOGY.

[size=28pt]
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Article 19.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.[/size]
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by abdul4hire: 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2013
kopite: Sure the poster is not very verse in terms of knowledge of jihad in the islamic context. The above stated definition is the thought of a yoruba or wealthy muslim some where around the world. Like i have stated, in the course of my career, i have been privilaged to work in 4 muslim countries ( malaysia, oman, UAE, and Egypt) and have driven this question hard into the hearts of strong and deep muslim friends from these countries and pakistan, and the reply all remains the same, even with various quotes from the koran. Let muslims look deep and ask themselves, what is it that makes us want to attack, revolt and dominate others at the slightest provocation? My muslim friends from the middle east have told me time and time again, that they dont know what makes them to revenge or want to kill people from other religion or conflicting opinion. I love my muslim friends and want and pray for through revelation ( even as many have been recieving) of God their creator, saviour and redeemer. Jihad truely means killing jews, christians and non muslims in general.
please check comments by grand muftis and senior clerics from mid east and yu'll confirm. Jesus is Lord in heaven and earth!!!

The question is not -Should muslims when the situation arises defend themselves and Islam against aggressors.
certainly yes and this is indeed also termed Jihad.
But question is how did the prophet treat the unbelievers( christains, jews and their like) Did he encourage suicide bombing, killings innocents,civilians, children,women, people, not keeping to your agreements and so on, demonstration,revolt... Never!

contrary to what u said, i live in the middle east and i can assure u that none of the GCC countries. Yes grand muftis support this ideology. Just simple google the rulings of their councils and stop spreading lies...

2 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Ola2njee: 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
thanx
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Akpan107(m): 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
outrage:
Go back and read this verse again! You obviously read the first part and left the rest out.

Jazakallahu khair @op
I truelly love people like you... You did not deny that Jesus is Messiah, since the first part confirmed Jesus as the Messiah, i dont think the second part will deny Him as Messiah. However, you should get the English version of the QURAN and read carefully... The Quran actually confirmed Jesus Christ as the following: MESSIAH, the WORD of GOD & the SPIRIT from God in Quran 4v171, we Christians also believe in Jesus as the word of God... Now, the word of God has been with God right before the word was created and the world was created through Jesus Christ(the word of God)... My dear, the Quran has said it all... Now, believe in Jesus ur Messiah.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Rajman(m): 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
superior1: @ OP,did Osama understood Jihad according to your definition?

it waz d jew who blew up demselves, it wasnt osama. 90% of ppl wrkin in dat buildin wasnt there as at d tym of d blast. even microsoft can confirm to you dat it was a plan wrk b4 dat date
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Rajman(m): 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2013

it waz d jew who blew up demselves, it wasnt osama. 90% of ppl wrkin in dat buildin wasnt there as at d tym of d blast. even microsoft can confirm to you dat it was a plan wrk b4 dat date
abdul4hire:

The question is not -Should muslims when the situation arises defend themselves and Islam against aggressors.
certainly yes and this is indeed also termed Jihad.
But question is how did the prophet treat the unbelievers( christains, jews and their like) Did he encourage suicide bombing, killings innocents,civilians, children,women, people, not keeping to your agreements and so on, demonstration,revolt... Never!

contrary to what u said, i live in the middle east and i can assure u that none of the GCC countries. Yes grand muftis support this ideology. Just simple google the rulings of their councils and stop spreading lies...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lessons From The New Zealand Mosque Shooting / Who Is Your Most Favourite Reciter Of The Quran / 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.