Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday (12840 Views)

MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon / Mend Threatens Bomb Attack In Abuja / MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Maxymilliano(m): 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
MEND Threatens To Resume Attacks In Niger Delta On Friday

The militant group is angered by the jailing of Henry Okah in South Africa.

There was palpable tension in many parts of the Niger Delta as speculations became rife on Wednesday that a militant group in the region, the Movement for Emancipation of Niger Delta, MEND, could resume attacks in the country on Friday.

Media reports quote MEND as saying in a statement signed by its spokesman, Gbomo Jomo, that it would commence a series of attacks in the country, code named “Hurricane Exodus”, at midnight on Friday.

The statement describes the planned attacks as “a direct repercussion of a forged threat letter contrived by the Nigerian and South African governments purporting to have originated from MEND”.

“The attacks will commence 00:00 Hrs, Friday 05, April 2013 and will be sustained until an unreserved apology is offered to MEND and the Nigerian government shows their willingness to dialogue,” Gbomo is reported to have said in the statement.

MEND said the fake threat letter was used as evidence against their leader, Henry Okah, who was sentenced to 24 years imprisonment by a South Gauteng High Court in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Shortly after Justice Neels Claaseen of the South Guateng High Court in South Africa sentenced Henry Okah to 24 years in prison for his alleged role in the October 1, 2010 bombing incident in Abuja, the group had issued a statement rejecting the sentence.

In the statement signed by “Comrade Azizi,” MEND described the sentence as “the height of injustice to our region and people, which will be resisted by all means necessary.”

Mr. Okah, as leader of MEND, was found guilty of masterminding the October 1, 2010 bombing in Abuja, the Nigerian capital, and an earlier one in Delta State.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/128149-mend-threatens-to-resume-attacks-in-niger-delta-on-friday.html

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by EkoAtlantic: 11:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
Took them time
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
"Hurricane Exodus", i love that . I pray it leads to the final disintegration of this big zoo called nugeria

4 Likes

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by ballabriggs: 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
Who be these ones, money wey Oronto give dem done finish?

We dey wait make una dey come. This time around na we go fight una.

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 03, 2013
They don't need to give us the time. Let them just go ahead. no lele!
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by sportfeva(m): 8:53am On Apr 04, 2013
For real, another problem breeding.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by playto(m): 8:56am On Apr 04, 2013
MEND...AMEND dis country for good

2 Likes

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by playto(m): 8:57am On Apr 04, 2013
MEND...AMEND dis contry for good
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:58am On Apr 04, 2013
MEND no dey carry last...Mu he he... grin
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by ebamma(m): 8:58am On Apr 04, 2013
and after bombing like 2 places una brother jonathan go give una amnesty again

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by djeezy(m): 8:58am On Apr 04, 2013
Okay.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Onwe101(m): 8:59am On Apr 04, 2013
waitin....shebi na tomoro
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by solomon111(m): 9:02am On Apr 04, 2013
I hope they do it.
This country needs to divide.

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by splashbaby(m): 9:03am On Apr 04, 2013
Wait ooo no be the people wey 9ja spend billions of Dollars on as amnesty package...thought most of them are training abroad.

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by executinal(m): 9:04am On Apr 04, 2013
ok
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by jjwaterfalls(f): 9:06am On Apr 04, 2013
undecided
Ogbonaikenna: "Hurricane Exodus", i love that . I pray it leads to the final disintegration of this big zoo called nugeria

What sought of prayer is tha? By the way, let me ask you how have you contributed to the developmant of this country rather than to complain and give unreasonable excuses. Now I see that with people like you in this country, it cannot progress.mschewundecidedundecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 04, 2013
It is brewing
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by abbeybanks(m): 9:06am On Apr 04, 2013
Too much money in their hands = much toolz. hmm....GIOS(GodIsOurStrength)
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Chubhie: 9:07am On Apr 04, 2013
Nigeria is in dire need of quality leadership. The problems are too complex for Gej to even comprehend.... I do not envy the position he finds himself by sheer luck. Nigeria is ripe for a nationalistic leader as Adolf Hitler.

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by bigx(m): 9:08am On Apr 04, 2013
I'm from the Niger Delta but these guys are useless bastar*ds,
Right from time I always felt that amnesty thing was an exercise in foolishness, rewarding criminals.
They should be crushed with no mercy!

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by KwoiZabo(m): 9:08am On Apr 04, 2013
Please this administration has had a lot to contend with lately they shouldn't compound it with their troubles. There's no alternative to peaceful dialogue.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Electronzeez(m): 9:14am On Apr 04, 2013
solomon111: I hope they do it.
This country needs to divide.
u mean we should be segregated like north korea and south korea so that the world power can use us play chess game like they are doin to the korean sisters.bro abeg take back your words.division is never a solution.

2 Likes

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by EmmyBoy2(m): 9:15am On Apr 04, 2013
cheesy
Ogbonaikenna: "Hurricane Exodus", i love that . I pray it leads to the final disintegration of this big zoo called nugeria
. Big Zoo? LGKM!!! grin
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by badassnigga(m): 9:16am On Apr 04, 2013
we r on top of the situation. we r watching closely cool
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 04, 2013
Dem don talk_Oya CHURCH AGBASA
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by ajos(m): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2013
majority in support of nigeria division r d future refugees to reside in ghana,cameroon,niger,benin...etc...only d brave rebels survives to see d new split country...i rather manage nigeria like this and pray for good changes to come than to be a rebel/refugee wit no freedom,flexin and many goodies .. .

3 Likes

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by akereconfi: 9:19am On Apr 04, 2013
There Target is MTN installations. It's owned by south africa or sum1 from south africa.
Those saying they were given amnesty, JOMO GBOMO never embraced the Presidential Amnesty and those sayin GEJ gav 'em amnesty. Shebi bro Jonah was a vice presido to that Awusa man. And naa the awusa man giv dem amnesty.

Atleast MEND is sensible, they state their demands and reasons for carrying out their attacks unlike the HOKO BARAM

2 Likes

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Sibrah: 9:21am On Apr 04, 2013
TheY want higher amnesty package while BH want anything to start with, at least no state Govt will arrest them like those unemployed grads from the South South. If anything they get released on time for bombing innocent people while the innocent people get jail time for being too soft.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by DeCleff(m): 9:23am On Apr 04, 2013
Sese them see them, them don come back again

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Demdem(m): 9:23am On Apr 04, 2013
The killers are back.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Okijajuju1(m): 9:23am On Apr 04, 2013
LOL!!

After chopping all our Amnesty money!!

Make MEND go siddon for creek jor! Those Pharisees sold their sould for Federal Government Contracts and amnesty! Their time don pass since 4 years ago!! Na BOKO HARAM dey reign now!!
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Skipfr(m): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2013
Na mouth dem dey. If dem try demsef for creeks wen dy Niger Delta e go over dem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Critics Are Thieves, Saboteurs – Oshiomhole / APC Denies Adamu’s Open Letter To Tinubu / History Of Nigerian Legal Tender In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.