Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday (12848 Views)

MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon / Mend Threatens Bomb Attack In Abuja / MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by curfew: 4:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
bigx: I'm from the Niger Delta but these guys are useless bastar*ds,
Right from time I always felt that amnesty thing was an exercise in foolishness, rewarding criminals.
They should be crushed with no mercy!

nonsense.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by curfew: 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
mend and boko sound like an interesting football match up, el classico. ha ha, naija.

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by prof2005: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
May God save this country.

Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by kaymovic(m): 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2013
Can U Imagine Mend...After FG Don Put Una For Our Budget....5Billion Naira Una Want Come Dey Make Noise...Una Knw How MJ Case End Na?...Revolting After Selling Ur Soul...And Thoose Who Talk About Naija Dividing...I Knw Sure Say U Don C Riot For Face...Ntn Good Will Ever Come From Revolution...If Na Lie Google Am...Know Country Has Has Ever Done better Than Who She Was After Revolution...If Na Lie Tell Me
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Ninilowo(m): 5:28pm On Apr 04, 2013
alickdavid: Does anyone understands this write-up?
For where? Its like d keypad is skipping or d guy no go school.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
Possibly another GEJ/PDP ploy ahead of 2015.. Economic Instability, Insecurity and the imminent threat of Terror have often swung the peoples' vote towards the incumbent.. I think the call it Risk of losing continuity in governance
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Obijulius: 10:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
Na our oil!!!
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Annie2gud(f): 12:23am On Apr 05, 2013
And this is what i call**** OVOKO. Kai da Allah musa,where is my visa to mali.in the alternative i better go tru the desert.He Don Red for every every oh.oghene biko.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Ogbonaikenna(m): 12:27am On Apr 05, 2013
I guess the attack and bombing has started. This is 00:26am friday
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Hilary261: 2:43am On Apr 05, 2013
jjwaterfalls: undecided.

What sought of prayer is tha? By the way, let me ask you how have you contributed to the developmant of this country rather than to complain and give unreasonable excuses. Now I see that with people like you in this country, it cannot progress.mschewundecidedundecidedundecided

If you believe that Nigeria will ever progress, then you are a joker. In Nigeria, it's all man for himself. We better break up for good.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by ChikezieU(m): 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
bigx: I'm from the Niger Delta but these guys are useless bastar*ds,
Right from time I always felt that amnesty thing was an exercise in foolishness, rewarding criminals.
They should be crushed with no mercy!
okpo ngaji
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by ChikezieU(m): 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
please am confused here, how can someone commit a crime in Nigeria and will be taken to South Africa to be judged and imprisoned there, is that fair
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by badnature: 3:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
ha! i hop se de no go com my house
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by ekoilee: 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
The MEND clowns collects 80 billions yearly, more more money than than what the Aso Rock idio.ts budget for health care and they're still talking about terrorist acts.

Pathetic people and pathetic country...
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by ba7man(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
How smart of MEND. Blow up a couple of oil installations so that the flames pollute their "OWN" air and result in more acid rain, more oil leaks into their "OWN" water poisoning the marine life there, the oil that seeps into their "OWN" soil poisons it so that no plant can grow, FG succumbs and doles out more money their way and everyone's happy. What a brilliant idea.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by ba7man(m): 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
Truely, they have a right to be angry at the marginalization of the Niger Delta but they should realize that their own leaders are actually the ones responsible. MEND are very stooopid for these pointless attacks but never underestimate the power of stoopid people coming together to achieve a stoopid cause.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Litmus: 5:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
Maxymilliano: MEND Threatens To Resume Attacks In Niger Delta On Friday

The militant group is angered by the jailing of Henry Okah in South Africa.

There was palpable tension in many parts of the Niger Delta as speculations became rife on Wednesday that a militant group in the region, the Movement for Emancipation of Niger Delta, MEND, could resume attacks in the country on Friday.

Media reports quote MEND as saying in a statement signed by its spokesman, Gbomo Jomo, that it would commence a series of attacks in the country, code named “Hurricane Exodus”, at midnight on Friday.

The statement describes the planned attacks as “a direct repercussion of a forged threat letter contrived by the Nigerian and South African governments purporting to have originated from MEND”.

“The attacks will commence 00:00 Hrs, Friday 05, April 2013 and will be sustained until an unreserved apology is offered to MEND and the Nigerian government shows their willingness to dialogue,” Gbomo is reported to have said in the statement.

MEND said the fake threat letter was used as evidence against their leader, Henry Okah, who was sentenced to 24 years imprisonment by a South Gauteng High Court in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Shortly after Justice Neels Claaseen of the South Guateng High Court in South Africa sentenced Henry Okah to 24 years in prison for his alleged role in the October 1, 2010 bombing incident in Abuja, the group had issued a statement rejecting the sentence.

In the statement signed by “Comrade Azizi,” MEND described the sentence as “the height of injustice to our region and people, which will be resisted by all means necessary.”

Mr. Okah, as leader of MEND, was found guilty of masterminding the October 1, 2010 bombing in Abuja, the Nigerian capital, and an earlier one in Delta State.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/128149-mend-threatens-to-resume-attacks-in-niger-delta-on-friday.html

So, someone is jailed in South Africa, you're angry and decide you're going to take revenge by bombing another country. Why don't they go and bomb South Africa? And after they have maimed and slaughtered Nigerians and further degraded the environment with oil spill what will they demand, will they demand freedom for that awful fellow Henry Okah or will they demand money?

People shouldn't forget that when it came down to it,MEND lined their own pockets and did nothing for anybody but themselves. MEND are opportunists of the worst persuasion i.e armed robbers, thugs and people of dubious nationality who would stop at nothing to aggrandize themselves.

People of Delta should disown MEND clearly and unequivocally.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by kponkedenge(m): 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
MEND r d worst cowards 2day is friday n notin happened.
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Picollothedon: 2:16am On Apr 06, 2013
jjwaterfalls: undecided.

What sought of prayer is tha? By the way, let me ask you how have you contributed to the developmant of this country rather than to complain and give unreasonable excuses. Now I see that with people like you in this country, it cannot progress.mschewundecidedundecidedundecided
.....And you, what have you contributed to growth of this country?.......... MAGOT......
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Picollothedon: 2:20am On Apr 06, 2013
Electronzeez: u mean we should be segregated like north korea and south korea so that the world power can use us play chess game like they are doin to the korean sisters.bro abeg take back your words.division is never a solution.
My brother, is there anything that shows we are together in this country....segregation stares in our faces every damn day
Re: MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday by Picollothedon: 2:23am On Apr 06, 2013
ajos: majority in support of nigeria division r d future refugees to reside in ghana,cameroon,niger,benin...etc...only d brave rebels survives to see d new split country...i rather manage nigeria like this and pray for good changes to come than to be a rebel/refugee wit no freedom,flexin and many goodies .. .
if this is what the americans thought about their country, they will still be licking the stupid british ass by now, just like you are.....Maggot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko-Haram: More Soldiers Sent To Adamawa State / Federal High Court Redeploys Justices Liman, Abang, Nine Others / Why FG Hasn’t Prosecuted Some Treasury Looters – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.