Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,329 members, 7,839,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney (27368 Views)

Poll: Is Chris Oyhakilome a Phoney?

Yes: 49% (40 votes)
No: 50% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2008
My dear sis,
It's even more difficult avoiding theses folks esp now that i keep getting notice of replies in my mail box. Imagine seeing 'Pst Chris is a phoney' again n again in ur mail box.
We can only pray that the knowledge of God's Word will increase with clear demonstration of the Spirit's power so dt there'll be a clear difference bw those who study their bibles with revelation and those who are mere bible scholars, confusing themselves and others.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2008
I once hrd a CEC pastor say after what he has learnt listening to and working under pst. chris, it'll be difficult for just any other person to pastor him . . .
It takes maturity to relate with some christians really. Bc u knw where they are coming from and cn relate appropriately with them in luv but they on the other hand have no clue about u or what ur about. In fact, they would rather u were unsaved than saved the way u are or altogether out of d way kiss
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Pepeye(f): 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2008
You ‘re right bro donnie, they’d rather u were not saved,   I know their strategy is to tear the kingdom of God down, bring confusion, division and pandemonium in the household of God, that’s satan’s strategy.

The paramount point is to read between the lines, he speaks through he’s accomplice's  here in n’land and being anonymous is so convenient for them. lol

Their mission is to pull down Great men of God. They got a huge resentment for men of God. Dis ‘re men who’re totally sold out to Christ, they’re busy in the vineyard working and doing God’s number one job “Soul Winning” How many souls have these agents of darkness won this past week or even last month.  None!

Meanwhile they’ve got the nerve to gloat and challenge men of God (MOG’s) who’re busy doing God’s number one job. Winning souls for Christ, God’s number one job, isn’t being a lawyer, doctor, minister or even a president.

When he sent his son on earth then, he’s only job was soul winning, to win souls, to me that’s the greatest job a man can be and satan knows this, that‘s why he speaks through he’s accomplices (agents) lol to pull down great ministries (churches) inorder to tear the kingdom of God, their mission is to create pandemonium and division in the house of God…a house that is divided can never stand.

They‘got so much animosity over men of God. But the cardinal point here is, don’t be ignorant of the devices of the enemy (satan ).

I always read between the lines, there is no misconception at all that satan speaks through these guys, he knows the score, he is a loser and  he‘ll remain a loser because he has already lost the battle.

I feel so so sorry for he’s numerous agents and accomplices here (lol) because they too are nothing better, but loser’s as well, if we should examine their life on a closer range, its going to be nothing filled with hatred, frustration and hopelessness.

I rest my case
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
The greatest commandment of God is Love and that is what he requires from us. Any preacher that is not practicalizing this commandment of God is not doing God's work. Infact Love should be the central focus of any christian ministry. A lot of preachers claim to be winning souls while in actual fact they are just winning new congregations (customers) for their churches. Here is what Jesus christ as to say about God's number one directive to us:

Mark 12:28-31:

The Most Important Commandment

28 One of the teachers of religious law was standing there listening to the debate. He realized that Jesus had answered well, so he asked, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. 30 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] No other commandment is greater than these.”
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Pepeye(f): 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ kunle
Oh yeah! And who said we aren’t practicing love.hmm if you’d remotely attempted to know our name (Loveworld) and what we believe in. Love is actually the driving force in our ministry, we aren’t the one’s criticizing or name calling men of God we love them. tongue

Neither are we using microscope to fish out faults in churches (fault finders) we leave that for the devil cos he is the accuser of the brethren
They‘ve got this aversion over their fellow Christian brethren

This warped sense of thinking that men of God want more members for selfish reasons, if it’s that easy go start your own ministry lets see how far you’ll go grin

Most babies in Christ concentrate so much on the none essentials; they chase shadows and leave the real thing- too bad!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KINGDOER: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2008
mountain of fire is the best church even if they do pray die but the bible said right from the time of john the baptist the kingdom of God sufferet violet and the violent people take it by force cheesy
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 10:57pm On Sep 01, 2008
Na u sabi. . .
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 12:47am On Sep 02, 2008
So if anybody dares say anything about my pastor that I don't like or agree even if there is or isnt an iota of truth in it, he/she is automatically a baby christian.

HALELUYJAH!!! undecided

Come on guys. . . . its a body as much as its a church.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2008
Pepeye:

@ kunle
Oh yeah! And who said we aren’t practicing love.hmm if you’d remotely attempted to know our name (Loveworld) and what we believe in. Love is actually the driving force in our ministry, we aren’t the one’s criticizing or name calling men of God we love them. tongue

Neither are we using microscope to fish out faults in churches (fault finders) we leave that for the devil because he is the accuser of the brethren
They‘ve got this aversion over their fellow Christian brethren

This warped sense of thinking that men of God want more members for selfish reasons, if it’s that easy go start your own ministry lets see how far you’ll go grin

Most babies in Christ concentrate so much on the none essentials; they chase shadows and leave the real thing- too bad!

Aunty thanx for reminding me of the name of your church which i have always known even though i am yet to observe the essence of the name in the practises and doctrines of the church. You see, the word love is a "verb" meaning it is an action or an act. It is not what you say, you have to show it for it to be real. it is not enough for someone to claim to love me if the person is not demonstrating that love. in as much as i would like to refrain from direct criticism of any church or sect i cannot but remember the example of the sheraton staff who was contributing stolen money to your church. your church not only refused to refund this money they also abandoned the man to his faith. (is that how to demonstrate love?) despite the fact that the church acknowledge that the man was a leading contributor in the church. The truth is that most churches not only "love world" fail to demonstrate true love to their members, the love they profess is mostly lip service and not the real love demonstrated by Jesus christ and the apsotles. It may interest you to know that church offerings in the bible was originally meant for the needy especially less priviledge church members as a way of showing them love. But today our church leaders claim that offerings is meant to "run" the church conviniently forgeting the less priviledge that it was originally meant for. Although some churches occassionlly give out pittances to the less priviledge just to assuage their concienses or make a show to the world that they are doing God's work
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by prizeless(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2008
Thanks Bluesteps, so much for an encouragin start. Paul, u'v got many things wrong in your post. 1st u don't want to castigate, but u end up doing so. Any man that accusses God's prohphet whether he is right or wrong, calls for God's judgement. God chose him, u didn't. Remember, David and Saul, Moses, Miriam and Aaron.

Be wise, don't end up calling a fullstop to your life for things u know nothing about. If u have any thing troubling u, just stand in prayers for that thing. That will sure show ur genuinity and God will of course stand for u.

priestdaprince@yahoo.com
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Pepeye(f): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ kunle
It’s obvious from your post that you aren’t a Christian and are not yet a member of the body of Christ (church)

The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God Psalm 14-1
So understandably we are in two parallel worlds

All I can tell you is to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour

Believer’s Loverworld; Building a happier world with Love

Much Love
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by mazaje(m): 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2008
Pepeye:

@ kunle
It’s obvious from your post that you aren’t a Christian and are not yet a member of the body of Christ (church)

The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God Psalm 14-1
So understandably we are in two parallel worlds

All I can tell you is to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour

Believer’s Loverworld; Building a happier world with Love

Much Love

Can you see the hypocrisy here? he raised very valid and legitimate questions, but instead of explaining and providing answers to his questions you decided to attack him personally? why did your pastor accept stolen funds? every sensible person i believe will return the stolen funds after it has become public knowledge but why did'nt your pastor return it? what happier world are you building with love? does nigeria seem like a happy place to you with all the things that are going on therein( most of your church ministarial activities takes place in nigeria)? so are now insinuating that any body that criticizes your pastor has not accepted jesus christ as his lord and saviour just listen to your self. wonders shall never end.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Pepeye(f): 9:20pm On Sep 02, 2008
He should keep talking about my pastor there hmm, i gave him the best advice he can ever have in his life because that’s the most important thing for  him to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

On the last day he sure is going to give account of his stewardship while he was on earth and not how many pastors he criticized and churches’ will save him hmm

Remove the dirt’s from he’s eyes before he should attempt taking off the flint from someone else’s

I couldn’t have given him a better advice

He should make something of his life now.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2008
prizeless:

Be wise, don't end up calling a fullstop to your life for things u know nothing about.

I could also say the same to you too.

prizeless:

If u have any thing troubling u, just stand in prayers for that thing. That will sure show your genuinity and God will of course stand for u.

You know I can only but agree with you here.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2008
Na.wa oh, if someone like Kunle Oshob is supposedly not a christian, it might be safe to assume that the devil himself has an active account in this section of nairaland. . . . lipsrsealed

Pastor Chris is not a phoney o.k?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Pepeye(f): 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2008
Are you just knowing that now??
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by iceland(m): 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2008
A_K_O:

Na.wa oh, if someone like Kunle Oshob is supposedly not a christian, it might be safe to assume that the devil himself has an active account in this section of nairaland. . . . lipsrsealed

Pastor Chris is not a phoney o.k?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 11:50pm On Sep 02, 2008
Donnie you can [b]unsubscribe [/b]from replies if it bothers you so much. smiley

Pepeye:

Are you just knowing that now??

Well if it will refrain you from making such nonsensical posts as that about K.Oshob, then I'll say it.

BTW did I ever say that Christian was phoney?  I even watch his preaching once in a blue moon on the satellite channel, as well as T.B Joshua but that one is a different case. The guy knows bible and I like that.I'm just not as addicted to him and his brand as you guys are, thats all. And you guys use that to generalise. Or do you think I'm also not born again?? Maybe Christian has taught you how to check the book of lifegrin grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2008
@pepeye
Since you have decided to resort to personal insults and being judgemental instead of addressing the issues raised, i would refrain from dialoging with you hence forth. You also need to pray for deliverance from this Idol worship which you have found your self in. Also pray to reciecve the true spirit of Jesus Christ in your life and not the spirit of Man which you profess.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by nwakaibe(m): 10:21am On Sep 03, 2008
A_K_O:

So if anybody dares say anything about my pastor that I don't like or agree even if there is or isn't an iota of truth in it, he/she is automatically a baby Christian.

HALLELUJAH!!! undecided

Come on guys. . . . its a body as much as its a church.

A_K_O
Well if you say something about my pastor and it is false, i will point it out. but if you persist in spreading the falsehood, i will just shrug my shoulders. no name calling. Pastor Chris is my pastor and one thing i have learnt from him is to hold my peace even when people are spreading false hood.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 10:27am On Sep 03, 2008
Well good of you; others have decided to peep into the book of life to see whos there and whos not.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by nwakaibe(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2008
One thing i have come to realize is that though Christians bear the name of Christ, that is are saved, we may not operate on the same level of faith, understanding and walking in love. I was born and breed a pure catholic. even thought of becoming a reverend father. joined the charismatic group as a very young chap. before then i thought that all xtians out side the catholic church are doomed. well i now know better.
Today i have deep and good friends from Deeper Life, Watchman, Lord's chosen and even MFM. we focus on the need of the hour, getting people saved. it boils my heart when xtians lose their focus and focus on the minor.
So the problem is the individuals level of maturity.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Pepeye(f): 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ kunle
You sure asked for this, when you barged in on my pleasant conversation with bro donnie with all your unshakable opinion and grouse you had for churches.

I was honour bound to reply you inasmuch as I never really meant to be confrontational with you.

And as for the deliverance levels, don’t you think you are more in a dire need of it than I do (smiles) with all your mix feelings and obvious dislike on children of God.

Much Love
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Backslider(m): 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2008
From Pepeye
[You ‘re right bro donnie, they’d rather u were not saved, I know their strategy is to tear the kingdom of God down, bring confusion, division and pandemonium in the household of God, that’s satan’s strategy.

If you think there is no war and confusion in the Church then you are deceived. The battle is no more in the congregation it is now in the Sanctuary. The prayer warrior and watch are dead in sleep.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2008
Titus 1:15
15 Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted.

If you have been properly brought up, you will know how to be like God who calls those things that be not as though they are. He called the world into existence from nothing.
That is why Jesus said, when you pray, believe that you have recieved them and you shall have them. When you truely pray, God births in your spirit the right visions and revelations which you will hold on to and make your constant confession. This will not be difficult to understand if you are an intercessor and not just a critic.

The bible also tells us : know ye no man after the flesh. Meaning you should see them through the eyes of your spirit and not your carnal mind. When you truely pray for people, you cannot criticise and try to run them down. Truely, i am amazed how you came about the name backslider and since havent been prompted of the Spirit to change it. Dont you knw that we become what we call ourselves.

When God wants to do something with your life, he first changes your name. Ask Abraham, Israel, and even Gideon, they will tell u. When the world calls us what they think we are, will we also destroy ourselves with our mouths?

I am an intercessor. . . The church is marching on and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Can u shout Amen somebody!!!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2008
Matthew 15:8-9:

8 ‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9 Their worship is a farce,
for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.’[a]”
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hubreality(m): 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2008
I thank God Almighty for the Scriptures(His Word). It's a two edged sword. God sees the heart of a man. If you refuse to walk in Love and Faith, your heart is far from Him already. It doesn't matter whosoever that is involved be you a pastor, Bishop, Great Man of God or whatever! The completeness of Law is anchored in LOVE. I love Jesus, His ways are not the ways of mortals(Male/Female). If you cannot forgive, interceed for your brethren for God to perfect all that concerns Him/Her, eternity will elude you! This is not Religion or whatever! You cannot be truer than the truth.

Refuse the play of religion and it's man self inspired ordinances. The word of God is quick, alive and powerful far beyond the antics of religion and it's politics. Recieve God's word, Accept it just as simple as it is, Believe it, Meditate on it, say and act it all in LOVE. The Word Works! Hallelujah!!!

Andrew.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Backslider(m): 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2008
Yes truely The Church of Satan is marching on and the Gates of Hell cannot prevail! why should hell stop hell? can satan kingdom be divided and war with itself? No save for a greater deception.

The power of Heaven will crush this noisome Demonic Church.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by bettyrit: 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2008
DON'T JUDGE SO THAT U WILL NOT BE JUDGE. TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED N DO MY PROPHET NO HARM. GOD IS NOT A MAN. SO KEEP PRAYING DON'T BE TIRED.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Africankel(m): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2008
Don't be tired in your WORK, don't be tired in your FAITH, Don't be tired in PRAYING, We don't know when He shall come, We are expecting Jesus.

Still not suprised with your utterances against the man of God,
I don't know why penticostals cause alot of problems in Christianity.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Backslider(m): 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2008
The problem is not with the penticostals.

You must know that there are 2 church

The Abel and Cain Church

Notice that the 2 churches did worship one was accepted and one was rejected
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 1:04am On Sep 06, 2008
Nonsense, u do not know your bible.
You are in suppport of an obvious confusion of God's Word by those who call themselves penticostals.
They testify that thay are the ones who recieved the Holy ghost but in actual fact they confess themselves out of the blessing of God by that name PENTICOSTAL which has nothing to do with Christianity.
Because on that day of penticost, those who celebrated penticost were outside and did not recieve the Holy ghost. The disciples who were in the upper room were not celebrating penticost for they couldnt do so for fear of the Jews ( remember Jesus was raised form the dead not too long ago and as such they were under much persecution by the Jews).
So when the Holy ghost came, only those who were not celebrating penticost recieved. The penticostals were outside and did not recieve the Holy Ghost.
The Word penticostal was mentioned in just two places; when the disciple recieved the Holy ghost and when it was refered to as a Jewish feast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye / Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare / A Crippled Young Lady, Leading Praise & Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.