Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,360 members, 7,839,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney (27372 Views)

Poll: Is Chris Oyhakilome a Phoney?

Yes: 49% (40 votes)
No: 50% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by CGKing(m): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2008
@ All

It is time you stopped giving Paul your attention. He has been giving you all assignments.
He sits in his room, puts up one line of controversy, and sits back on his chair, arms abreast watching
you all fire missiles.

Let him say all he wants. Pastor Chris and all the Men of God are moving up and forward, paulipopo is
where he is. At least they were able to achieve something with their so called evil intelligence. They are known
world wide, meanwhile, you the humble, nice, know it all, is nobody on the international scene. No body even
know you for naija.

I bet he is just trying to make cheap popularity and you guys are helping him achieve it.
Bone him, he cant achieve more than 3 or 4 followers, With time, he and his followers will get bored with one another.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2008
@Africankel
Thanx for your very clear views and rebuke. I think it was much needed at this pt. However, i will like to point out that i have known some of these guys on nairaland for quite a long time.
I have known pilgrim (and he can attest to that) for pretty long time and he has always been about trying to maintain a balance but hardly without a trace of understanding of the Spirit and the Word. And I also recognize many times his desire to have me express same views on these threads. That however, is hardly my queue on n'land . . . with no regrets though.
As for folks like Davidylan and backslider (whom i have also known for a long time), hmm, i'd rather reserve my comments (u can do a nairaland search and find out for yourself).
No probs sha. . . 1 love guys, Let it continue!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hubreality(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2008
It doesn't matter their critics. It doesn't also count! I'm so sorry for people who specializes on bearing false claims/witness against their fellow men including anointed men of God.

We're in the days of God manifested presence and power not stories of religion and it's politics.  Love is the Key.[color=#990000][/color]  Loving and Caring for one another.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2008
Lol. . . donnie,

How body? cheesy

donnie:

I have known pilgrim (and he can attest to that) for pretty long time and he has always been about trying to maintain a balance but hardly without a trace of understanding of the Spirit and the Word.

Thanks for the compliment. . . it's all well that someone believes that about me, lol.

donnie:

And I also recognize many times his desire to have me express same views on these threads. That however, is hardly my queue on n'land . . . with no regrets though.

Well, it's not been my desire to get you to say anything you don't agree with. Is that not why people discuss in a public forum? All the same, enjoy. wink
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by nwakaibe(m): 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2008
Ah, I used to think that Pilgrim is a She cool cool. abeg,make una clear the air
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2008
Whether na he or she, i no know o. . . Wetin i know b say he/she get am upstairs.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2008
Present sir! I be she O! And I admire everyone's intelligence as well. cheesy
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by thesledge(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2008
I allways get this strange feeling about this pastor Chris.
But I live it all to time and future.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by manmustwac(m): 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2008
@post
so why are you guys saying pastor chris is a phoney? as far as am concerned the whole christian religion is a phoney.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2008
manmustwac:

@post
so why are you guys saying pastor chris is a phoney? as far as am concerned the whole christian religion is a phoney.

The big hole in your assertion is that Pastor Chris is not a representative sample of Christianity; if we are to look at things from your point of view.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by manmustwac(m): 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2008
A_K_O:

The big hole in your assertion is that Pastor Chris is not a representative sample of Christianity; if we are to look at things from your point of view.
am saying pastor chris is a phoney and all christianity is phoney
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Backslider(m): 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2008
Africankel

I think you should say he erred, instead of saying his pastor, I suppose his pastor didn’t say all these to you!

I have listened to pastor Chris message so i know his "LOGIC" preaching on this matter.

Pastor Chris is in Error.

It was on the day of Penticost that the promise that Jesus made to all of Christian was released.

Just as the day Jesus rose from the dead is important but it is not more important than Jesus himself.

If you take out remembrance from the whole bible you will have a lot of error. Dont be deceived your pastor Chris is in error on this. Pastor Chris claims that since the people outside celebrating penticost were Jews then we have no business to be called penticostal.

Another Phoney pastor will come and say we have no need to worship the Holy Ghost. The real doctrine is to distort the true identity of the Holy Ghost. pastor Chris and some of his followers argue about the dove as the symbol of the Holy Ghost. So far you dont worship the day or the Symbol you are not in any error.

Pastor Chris has attacked the Old time religion in his messages and he ridicules the righteous men that have lived in the past. He tries to even Change some good Holy Chorus that men led by the Holy Ghost wrote for us to sing.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2008
manmustwac:

am saying pastor chris is a phoney and all christianity is phoney

Na you know.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2008
Hi Backslider,

Backslider:

Pastor Chris has attacked the Old time religion in his messages and he ridicules the righteous men that have lived in the past.

The better thing to do is not to attack him in return. It is not a spiritually healthy cause to attack anyone simply because we don't agree with their messages. 'Phoney' is a very big word that could be used by people on this thread.

Peace.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Backslider(m): 11:51am On Sep 15, 2008
@pilgrim.1

I have not said this so as to justfiy a perceived Attack on Pastor Chris. I made this statement because the writer thought I had never listened to Mr Chris messages.

You know very well on this thread My stance on "Men Of God" I have tried to listen to as many as can and some are leading many astray. For every false made a truth must be raised.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2008
@Backslider,

I understand you. However, it was just an advice that it would be more Christ-like to share whatever truth we think we have and leave the unfortunate name-calling for the Lord to deal with. Let me illustrate:

Supposing someone argues that Christian women are to wear 'scarf' in Church, while another feels that the hair is suficient as a covering? Well, if I disagreed with the first person, the better way to share my persuasion is point out from God's Word why I don't agree with her. At the end of the day, I should have a tender heart towards God to teach me if I am indeed wrong (even though I might've strongly believed I was "right"wink. If I cannot wait upon the Lord in humility, it would not be long before I cross the threshold and begin to call people unhealthy names simply because they see things differently.

I used to be like that before I became a Christian. Even after my conversion, it took me a while to begin to appreciate humility. I have since learned to let such delicate issues be in the hands of the Lord. Can I share a few verses that constantly come to mind in this regard? Here --

[list][list] Romans 14:4 & 10

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant?
to his own master he standeth or falleth.
Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set
at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before
the judgment seat of Christ.[/list][/list]

Well, those two verses have helped me guard my tongue more carefully. Since Pastor Chris was not called by me, he is not answerable to me but rather to Him that called him. Do I agree with him some times? Yes. Are there instances where I do not agree with him? Absolutely so. Should I berate him as a result? Christ did not commission me to do so. I should remember a day is coming when I shall give account of how I used my tongue in these matters.

Just some concern from a learning disciple. God bless you. wink
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Africankel(m): 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2008
@Backslider:
Let me ask you a question, Will you call your child "Christmas" because he was born on that day?
That would be stupidity in its entirety, The bible says they received the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost. Remember, there were Pentecostals existing before the Holy Ghost came, Why didn’t He come on the Pentecostals but rather on the Non-Pentecostals (Christians).
Ok, differentiate these two people, the ones in the upper room and the ones in celebrating the feast, what would you call either group?

The dove, No body said you worship the dove, You said you've listened to Pastor Chris' message, go through it again, I'm sure it’s titled "The Spirit and the Dove".
The dove should not be used to symbolise the Holy Spirit, it is an insult on His personality, You say He is a person, yet you symbolise Him with an animal or a bird, My goodness, how would you Backslider feel if someone makes a portrait of you and give you wings instead of hands and draw the head of a lion as a replica of you, HOW?
I wonder why the likes of you see the truth and shy away from it.

He says " Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire, lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure…."DEUTERONOMY 4:15-16.
So how did you get the dove as a symbol of the Holy Spirit, You should have as well used fire, since God spoke through the fire to Moses,

God never asked you to make a symbol of Him, it doesn’t matter if you worship it or not!

Songs: Because a song sounds nice doesn’t make it true, Listen, Christianity is more than show business, Christianity is a life of the supernatural, A life we chart with the confession of our lips.
Let’s look at one of these songs, I SURRENDER ALL. By Judson W. Van DeVenter
All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give:
I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live.
I surrender all.

This is a very nice song, but I tell you, it's not a song for Christians, It a song for someone who is about to give his life to Christ.
For a Christian singing this song, he is declaring himself a rebel.
Check it out…You sang it in January, February, May, August and you still sang it this morning… Where did you get those things to re-surrender after so many months of surrendering them?

Get rid of some of those so called Christians songs… they sound like what God would say…the question is…Did God really say them?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2008
@Africankel,

I'm not so sure that the many ideas emanating from your group is actually sound. As earlier, I may not agree with some, but that doesn't give me a licence to disparage anyone. However, in sharing my views, here's what I'm persuaded may not actually hold true:

Africankel:

Get rid of some of those so called Christians songs… they sound like what God would say…the question is…Did God really say them?

Songs reflect what we say to God, not what God sings to man. There's no reason why we should be unduely burdened with an idea as to whether God said anything in our songs.

Africankel:

The dove should not be used to symbolise the Holy Spirit, it is an insult on His personality,

The Holy Spirit Himself inspired the Scriptures - in it He told us that He came as a dove. There should be no quarrels in the fact that He used the dove as a symbol of Himself when He descended upon Christ (Matt. 3:16; Mark 1:10; Luke 3:22 and John 1:32). To argue that the dove is an insult to His Personality is petty and childish. If He used the dove as His symbol in Scripture, what is the biff with that?

Africankel:

Songs: Because a song sounds nice doesn’t make it true, Listen, Christianity is more than show business, Christianity is a life of the supernatural, A life we chart with the confession of our lips.
Let’s look at one of these songs, I SURRENDER ALL. By Judson W. Van DeVenter
All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give:
I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live.
I surrender all.

This is a very nice song, but I tell you, it's not a song for Christians, It a song for someone who is about to give his life to Christ.
For a Christian singing this song, he is declaring himself a rebel.

Lol. . . That song by Judson W. Van DeVenter did not make him a rebel. Let's not be over-reactive and interprete issues they way they were never intended. This is the sort of thing that produces damage to knowledge instead of contributing to factual knowledge. Imagine how many people would have heard such a conclusion and gone away with the idea that the composer was a rebel when the Spirit of God birthed that song in his heart. What could be further from the truth?

It pays to be balanced when we hold certain views. Polarized assumptions only does more damage to a person's cause.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Africankel(m): 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2008
@Pilgrim.1
pilgrim.1 Said
"Songs reflect what we say to God, not what God sings to man. There's no reason why we should be unduely burdened with an idea as to whether God said anything in our songs."

Notice I said the song "I surrender all" is a very beautiful song, I sang it, I loved it, I still love it, But as the revelation of who the Christian is progresses, You will get rid of such songs.
This song should be song only once in your life (At the point of your salvation).
Pilgrim, You are a lady I suppose; would you go to your husband after so many years of marriage and tell him "Honey, I just want surrender to you", How do you think he will feel?, "Has my wife been decieving all these years?", Does it mean she has not surrendered to me?", Lady! You surrender once and for all!
You dont surrender you life to God again and again and again!

Songs indeed reflect what we say to God, some of the songs, like this one we talked about shows God a picture that we have been decieving Him,
Here's another song old christians used to sing: when I remember His promises I should hallelujah, 2X They dont know who the new creation is!, They always remember the promises and feel happy, When are they going to enjoy the promises? Oh!

THE DOVE:
Mattew 3:16 ", the Spirit of God descended lika a dove, and lighting upon him:
Luke 3:22 "And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dave upon him,
John 1:32 , I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove,

The writers DID NOT DESCRIBE the shap of the Holy Spirit, when you study the bible, try to use the original manuscript, Spirit is Greek: 'Pnuema', Pnuema mean "wind", tell me, how can u see the wind?, The wind blows everywhere,, Hear me! John was talking about the landing of the Spirit, He did not drop with the accerleration due to gravity on Jesus, He landed in a bodily shape, with the landing of a dove! Thats what he's talking about, Its got to agree with all scripture: there's no scripture that likens the Holy Spirit to an animal or a bird, it is an insult! God said to Moses and the Children of Israel, when I appeared to you, you did not see any form or shape, therefore, make no images to represent me.

Let me show you one more scripture so you'll undestand this: Turn to Isaiah 63:10-13, (13) That led them through the deep, as a horse in the wilderness, that they did not stumble?
Does this mean that the Holy Spirit is a horse?, No! I'm showing you the kind of idea John had.
The bible says in the begining Elohim (Plural for God) created the heaven and the earth, The dove did not appear there, It is wrong to use an animal or a bird to describe the shape of the Holy Spirit.
What does He look like? Jesus said ", I will pray the Father, and He shall send you another comforter, "John 14:16. 'Another' is from the Greek "Allos", which means "One of the same kind", He looks like me, talks like me, His shape is like mine, So, the Holy Spirit looks like Jesus, and the bible says, as He is, so are we in this world.

He should have said "heteros" instead of "allos", Heteros means another of a different kind!
If you want to symbolise the Holy Spirit, Put your picture there!

God Bless You
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2008
@Africakel,

Africankel:

Notice I said the song "I surrender all" is a very beautiful song, I sang it, I loved it, I still love it, But as the revelation of who the Christian is progresses, You will get rid of such songs.

Christians still sing that song and many others - it does not turn them out to be rebels as you inferred.

I'm a bit concerned about this attitude of Christians reacting this way. I know many mature Christians who have been blessed and enriched by that song, not because they are "rebelling" or newly coming to Christ. Rather, some I personally know have always found strength in that song when faced with the temptation to make some hard choices in life. An example: an elderly couple whose son was killed while sharing the Gospel in the middle East, gave thanks to God for the testimony of their son's life. As they sang the son's favourite song, it strengthened his elderly parents who responded to God's call upon their lives through that son to give up their comfortable life to go and live with a local community in a remote area in India. For several months, they saw no results and asked us to constantly pray for them. Our local church (then I was still in Atlanta, Georgia) never stopped praying for them. Several times the elderly father was beaten by native Indians for sharing the Gospel; but they were never discouraged.

One day, as the wife was about leaving back for Atlanta, she felt the Lord asking in her heart if she regretted giving her all to Him. She burst into praise and sang that song again - a turning point that made her change her mind. The next day (which was supposed to be her flight schedule), a local neighbour rushed to this couple's small hut and begged them to ask prayer of "your god Jesus". The couple were surprised, but prayed for her anyhow. She went back and brought her sister - same thing happened. That same evening, 3 families had come to receive the same Gospel that they rejected and constantly sought to beat the elderly man for.

Why this report? Because many times people do not know what they are saying when they interprete things in their own small understanding. That same song which you argued that it makes rebels of people is the same song that strengthened this elderly couple who suffered the lose of their son while evangelizing in the middle East.

Africankel:

You don't surrender you life to God again and again and again!

You do. James 4:7 was written to admonish Christians with these words: "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." Romans 12:1-3 carries the same thought ("ye present your bodies a living sacrifice," - v.1). Same thought expressed in Rom. 6:13 - "but yield yourselves unto God". All these are addressed to Christians, and it all depends on what context we use the word "surrender".

Africankel:

THE DOVE:
Mattew 3:16 ", the Spirit of God descended lika a dove, and lighting upon him:
Luke 3:22 "And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dave upon him,
John 1:32 , I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove,

The writers DID NOT DESCRIBE the shap of the Holy Spirit, when you study the bible, try to use the original manuscript, Spirit is Greek: 'Pnuema', Pnuema mean "wind", tell me, how can u see the wind?, The wind blows everywhere,, Hear me! John was talking about the landing of the Spirit, He did not drop with the accerleration due to gravity on Jesus, He landed in a bodily shape, with the landing of a dove! Thats what he's talking about, Its got to agree with all scripture: there's no scripture that likens the Holy Spirit to an animal or a bird, it is an insult! God said to Moses and the Children of Israel, when I appeared to you, you did not see any form or shape, therefore, make no images to represent me.

There's really no need for anyone to argue about this. I don't know how many people have argued that the shape of the Holy Spirit is a dove - I don't know if that is what people are thinking. However, the writers did mention that the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily shape like a dove.

Gravity could be described in other ways if that is what the writers had in mind - and your explanation does not really fit what they had in mind.

Cheers.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Africankel(m): 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2008
Christians still sing that song and many others - it does not turn them out to be rebels as you inferred.

The day of ignorance, God winked at; but now commandeths all men every where to repent: Acts 17:30
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Backslider(m): 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2008
@Pilgrim1
You see I told you so.

You can imagine the millions that have this on their mind you are only dealing with one. imagine if the millions are released on you. Ok strike the Shepherd and the Sheep shall take to flight.Selah

@Africankel

Keep on in your deception and Let the man deceive you. The word of the Lord Standeth sure. because we allow sin does not mean that sin shall not be unpunished on the last day.

@ Pilgrim Again

The battle is not in the congregation it is in the False Prophet. Note Jesus and the bible expressly said in the last days we shall have many False Christ(I.E false heads). There will be a multitude of false "God Sent"

What will and is keeping them is the false statement like

1) If it be of God it will not stand
2) Touch not mine Anointed and do my prophet no harm.

Let us see if on this post I have touched His Anointed.

What is the Anointed that any of this people carry? they carry the Lying Spirit
The self centered Spirit the very proud spirit. They have a stoney heart.
Any preacher be it Kumuyi or Satan that preaches about himself is not a preacher of God.
The Word of God is not bread and milk or Wine
It is Blood and fire and Flesh!

What do this Men Prophesy?

Give your Life to Jesus and get Money house and wife Kids.
Is that the Prophesy?

We know true prophet Go and look at the Life of John The baptist. please look at his message and tell me where he talks about himself in his messages. That is prophesy.

John Said REPENT Fearlessly.

Notice the false Church Criticise John for telling Herod his sins. They even say that John Doubted Jesus. Ah Alas we know of the testimony of Jesus Himself.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 16, 2008
Africankel:

@Pilgrim.1
pilgrim.1 Said
"Songs reflect what we say to God, not what God sings to man. There's no reason why we should be unduely burdened with an idea as to whether God said anything in our songs."

This song should be song only once in your life (At the point of your salvation).
Pilgrim, You are a lady I suppose; would you go to your husband after so many years of marriage and tell him "Honey, I just want surrender to you", How do you think he will feel?, "Has my wife been decieving all these years?", Does it mean she has not surrendered to me?", Lady! You surrender once and for all!
You don't surrender you life to God again and again and again!

Yes you do! Everyday of your life as a christian involves a daily struggle to surrender your will, your choices, your decisions, your goals and your flesh to Christ.
Once saved is NOT equal to forever saved . . . that is why the apostle Paul says in Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Didnt Paul know that he was talking to his "beloved" who had already been saved?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2008
Matthew 7:21-23:
21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by obinna5000(m): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2008
@KunleOshob, Thank you jare. smiley
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by vanni(f): 5:42am On Sep 25, 2008
MY REVEREND CHRIS OYAKHILOME IS MAKING WAVES AGAIN
WOW! HE MUST BE HOT AND HAVE SOMETHING EVERYONE LIKES
, HE HAS CAUSED A REVOLUTION THAT IS CAUSING SERIOUS WAVES
I JUST SPOKE TO HIS SECETARY AND HE SAID,
CHRIS APPRECIATES ALL THE ATTENTION GIVEN TO HIM, IN THIS THREAD
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Backslider(m): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2008
May God Restore and Help Chris
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Gamine(f): 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2008
It may hurt some people

but its really Sad to say Chris Oyaks is on the wrong path.

My sister told me yesterday of one of her course mates who

was a Christ Embassy Soldier and also one of his Aunties.

His Aunty had Cancer, a Young woman with 3 kids the first only 4.

She was made to believe she was cured and she had testimonies and thanksgiving parties

all over the place.

Now she is dead. of? CANCER!.

Did God go back on His Word or something

Anyways, the Guy has devoted himself now, to telling people the truth

all in all, turn people away from the brainwashing Christ Embassy does to his sheeple.

i[i] mean have you seen Christ Embassy members
they are the most vicious vigorous people, shoving rhapsodies into your face at every opportunity.
[/i]
Kai!

IT IS WELL!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by nobodiee: 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2008
@ Gamine

Just curious but how was she MADE TO BELIEVE the cancer was gone? Don't people ususally go to a health practitioner to verify first? Jesus is Lord oo!!!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by chessguru(m): 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2008
@ post
If you think either way, PRAY FOR HIM!!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2008
nobodiee:

Don't people ususally go to a health practitioner to verify first?  Jesus is Lord oo!!!

No we don't need science to verify miracles. Science is for unbelievers. tongue

God allowed man to have all that science so that christians would never need it.  tongue

Not that we should rely on science above the word of God, but we should not rely on the word of God in total isolation of science either.

Jesus knew very well that if He jumped down from that mountain peak the devil asked Him to, the angels of God would bear Him up their hands. But He still relied on the common sense of the law of gravity in this instance. And that did not make Him any less God.

God didnt give us our brains for no reason.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Backslider(m): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2008
Faith is evidence of things yet to come but physical evidence against Faith must be Verified by Prayer of thanks.

We now see that the miracles of some ministers of God are sensous and have no spiritual basis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

A Crippled Young Lady, Leading Praise & Worship / 'I Am The Living Perfect Master Of This Age' – Satguru Maharaj Ji / Prophet Israel Genesis Accuses Iya Adura Esther Ajayi Of Betrayal

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.