Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1809612 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by exellent91(m): 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
how to watch free dstv;go to:ralpheme..go to the forum and open technical thread
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dundayo: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2014
Thanks o,I don't know how they got my number, the messages seems not to end!!!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kelvinodum(m): 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
LaurelP: I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

Nice write up.

However also be careful so as not to unknowingly pass on a genuine opportunity thinking its a scam.

Eg. Some companies make use of recruitment firms to recruit for vacant positions,most of these recruitmrnt firms do not disclose the identity of their clients until you get to a certain stage of the recruitment process.

I do hope scammers won't allow genuine opportunities passby job seekers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by uniosun: 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
Job seekers should be careful of COMPLETE LOGISTICS NETWORK LIMITED. They are located at 13, Okesuna Str Obalende. They invites people indiscriminately for interview disguising to be a prospective Employer but they are just one of the many recruitment Agencies in Lagos looking for whose time to waste.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tweet

It has come to our notice, the increasing number os fake jobs been posted both in the newspapers and also circulated around as jobs.
Most of these scammers pose as consulting firms, or companies. After application you would be invited for an interview, where you would be told to pay money for processing, ranging from 500 naira to about 2000 naira, after which you will be told to go home, and expect to be called if you pass the interview. Each week, they might do this to about 100 to 200 candidates!!! Imagine how much they are making.
The big shots would call you and tell you that you have been offered a job. Probably an oil company job, and tell you that you need to pay some money to their lawyer to help you process your documents. These ones charge as much as 5000 naira to 10,000 naira. After paying that money, you won’t hear from them again.
Jobsfornaija is seizing this opportunity to warn all job seekers to be careful and wise while applying for jobs.
Also, if you have had any experience with such scammers, please drop a comment here so others would not fall into that trap.
We have been receiving reports on people being scammed by so called recruiters or recruiting firm. Please inform us of any more that you have been scammed by so we can add to the list and warn other applicants. Our readers have reported being scammed so Beware of any of the following:

1. ebtonline.com
2. canadaworkpermit@msn.com
3. seawelluk@gmail.com
4. psolution
5. ebenyincc
6. xrlimited
7. PMO recruiting agency
8. Esther breakthough online
9. Adesen consulting
10. Platinum parking Management Consulting
Thank you
Tweet

Post navigation← Urgent Jobs: Nigeria social Trust Fund Recruitment www.recruitmentaffairs.com: 25 positionsUrgent hotel jobs in Portharcourt April 13 2011 →
Comments

Scam/419 jobs in Nigeria — 40 Comments

grace on January 25, 2012 at 8:37 am said:
U people ar doin a great job cos I almost fall into their trap.their ws a mail sent 2 me dat am 1 of d candidate being shortlisted 4 executive trainin program at Devon Petrogas Nig ltd.d guy dat claimed 2 be d human resources manager said dat I shuld go $ pay 10,100 at zenith bank so dat I can get d health $ safety trainin form also d bank wil give me a pin no which I wil use 2 login.d guy said dat d company is at bonny island river state $ dey don’t hav another branch but wen I search d google I found out dat it is in victoria island lagos den wen I caled him he said dat is another branch dat is wen I noticed dat he is job scammer.dis is d guys no 08168134949.

Reply ↓
gyna on February 20, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:
But d same contact num is wat is on d companies website.I called this mornin and told him I dnt have d helt certificate,n h said I culd send it dat way.lemme see wereit ends

Reply ↓
Jonathan on March 8, 2012 at 7:18 am said:
Why is it that most job advertised on this site, when you send cv to the E-mail it won’t deliver. Saying wrong e-mail address.

Reply ↓
BABATUNDE on March 16, 2012 at 2:33 pm said:
I need job

Reply ↓
Rocio on March 24, 2012 at 3:45 pm said:
I have got a offer to work in Nigeria, for Schlumberger, then they asked me to contact this “attorney”
barristerikorochambers@gmail.com
Now, he is saying I need a Overseas Travelers Insurance Policy but the preferred insurance company by the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) is NIGER INSURANCE PLC (NIG). NIGER INSURANCE is a Nigerian government owned insurance company located in Nigeria, so I have to look for their agent in my location (couldn’t find any) or they will help me to get it there.. in Nigeria. Because I couldn’t find anything, they said they can help me and I have to send 1000 USD. I asked if I could get a SOS International Insurance, he said: As regards the insurance please note that the required insurance policy by the Nigerian immigration service is Niger insurance.. it means.. I should have to send that money.
What should I do?

Reply ↓
Jobs in Nigeria woman on March 25, 2012 at 9:23 pm said:
RUN AWAY. IT IS SCAM, IT IS 419

Reply ↓
felix jayeola on April 17, 2012 at 8:07 am said:
pls help me i need a job driver pls

Reply ↓
Kanyinsola on May 16, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:
Canada work permit was sending me emails one time and @ a point I realised that it might be scam so I stoped reading their mails. I av also gone 2 Esther breakthrough and I still see so many ppl @ d Ojuelegba office. I’ve been asked 2 pay b4 which I did. I was told not 2 but cos I was desperate I did bla bla, over 2yrs nw though. May God help us in this country. I really hope to find a good job soon. Its not funny anymore.

Reply ↓
ot baba on June 8, 2012 at 10:40 am said:
I applied for a job via google trader and i was asked to send my cv to jobberman.ng@gmail.com.not to long,they replied and told me to pay 4000 naira into a certain accout to pick a form.I havent paid anyway.can it be a scam too?

Reply ↓
Jobs in Nigeria woman on June 10, 2012 at 7:14 pm said:
BIG SCAM.

Reply ↓
Dannpet on July 5, 2012 at 8:30 am said:
Jobberman does not collect money. Moreover this is their true email; info@.

Reply ↓
Ezinne clara on June 21, 2012 at 1:41 pm said:
I need a job

Reply ↓
Phil on August 9, 2012 at 9:55 am said:
Novotel Hotel job is a big scam

Reply ↓
Lawrence on August 25, 2012 at 8:59 am said:
Pls confirm novotel hotel asking us to pay 254 ponds for processing of documets

Reply ↓
Jobs in Nigeria woman on August 1, 2013 at 3:46 pm said:
SCAM

Reply ↓
Phil on September 5, 2012 at 9:53 am said:
novotel hotel scammmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!
So run!

Reply ↓
Emmanuel Oreye on September 6, 2012 at 11:22 am said:
I paid #2000 to Esther Breakthrough & so other money dey keep on posting me til I get tire.

Reply ↓
negho on September 6, 2012 at 9:55 pm said:
We’ve shortlisted your job application to HILAVICKS.Owing to applicants’ varied states locations,you are required to pay N2000 for a diversified aptitude test to this UBA account: Name; Michael N. Victor, A/c no;2058374544.NB:After payment,send teller details & your email address to 08123948859 I got dis some days ago

Reply ↓
Jobs in Nigeria woman on September 7, 2012 at 6:48 pm said:
Scam. It is scam

Reply ↓
Henry ejike on September 13, 2012 at 5:51 am said:
Two persons have sent me text claiming they served wt me in the same state . That agip is recruiting that i should call them for more details .

Reply ↓
Godwin Ekpong on September 17, 2012 at 5:51 pm said:
Sometime in july 2012, a mail was sent to me through my mail box by jobrapido. When I opened the mail, I came accross one of scammers whose name was toteliousconsult@yahoo.com. The said email claimed to be a recruiting consultant who works in conjunction with Total Nigeria. That they are agent who are premitted to offer HSE, rig overhauling, pipline welding and others in oil and gas companies both Port Harcourt and Lagos. That, after the said trainings, successful trainees would be attached and sent any of the Total sites for immediate employment of which 20,000. 00 was asked to pay for registration into a GTB through the acc/ no 5075808921820 with a name Dr Ime Friday Umoh. A venue for the training was also given in their mails. Actually I had deposited the above mentioned amount into their bank acc, waiting the training day to arrieve but to my sock, when I arrieved the venue, is there it was discovered is scamer. Meanwhile, they have changed the name to zenithoilandgasconsult@yahoo.com and winoracconsult. I do not know the one they are using now. So beware.

Reply ↓
gbenga on October 29, 2012 at 10:08 am said:
Pls I need a job urgently I av BA in linguistcs and nigerian languages
Pls I need it very urgent thanks

Reply ↓
tolani on April 5, 2013 at 7:31 am said:
I was told dat hav been selected for a customer service job in uk which I put in for. I was told that all my travelling document will be process fee of charge including my visa , work permit, and 75% upfront salary. Before my resumption date. They gave me an interview date for my visa. It was cancelled through delayed I have, and I was told to get my international workers certificate from the company barrister in kano. Which I did and affidafit of guarantee . Which I did and I was told to submit all my travelling document to emirate for verification . Pls admin the company name is cairn energy plc . I don’t no how through it is. Pls help me confirm

Reply ↓
Jobs in Nigeria woman on April 7, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:
Beware, it is scam. they will rob you of your money. it is scam

Reply ↓
kay on May 15, 2013 at 9:31 am said:
I was also scam by dis recruiter,(MegaNet Resource limited)they sent me a message through my phone and my email,that I ave been offer a job at gsk and ask me to pay the sum of #2200 into this account number(0803043511,eco bank,Adesanya kayode is the account name)in which I paid the money and I don’t hear anything from them again after the payment. The name of the fraudster again is MegaNet Resource limited,pls add the fraudster to the list for the sake of others.

Reply ↓
theodora on June 19, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:
I got a mail n was told I got a job wit stat oil and gas. In the mail I was told to call their lawyer who will give me international workers’ certificate. So I called the man, one barr okechukwu ugba n he asked me to pay in 25,000 into a certain account owned by one ms grace otimgba. Every thing looks real but I still fink its a scam. So I browsed the said company, stat oil n gas n found out that they don’t have any job openin like that n they also warned anybody to beware of frauders. To b more sure I google this names out n I found out that grace otimgba is a wanted person n they don’t exist on face book either. My advice to we the job seekers, we should learn to google tins out ourselves cos if u do u will never fail victim. Pls also check the web sites of these companies n if possible put a call or a mail accross to the origin company n find out if they actually sent u a mail concernin a job. Thank u. GOD help us all. Amen

Reply ↓
Theodora Lookinggudalwayz on June 19, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:
Stat oil and gas is not recuiting ooooooo. I got a mail from one fake stat oil and gas n they r askin me to pay 25k f international workers's certificate. I called the barrister whose name is okechukwu ubah n he asked me to pay d sad moni into a first bank acc belonging to one ms grace otimgba. Oh boy! See scam in d highest oder. Funny tin is the barr is killing my fone wit calls. He go wait f 25,0000k taya. I will tell him to send me tn recharge card so that I can ask my family to give me the money. Lol. Pls u all should b very CAREFUL. Thanks to all my friends that read the msg they told me it was scam.

Reply ↓
samuel on August 1, 2013 at 10:31 am said:
if u recieve a call or text message form XILEPH LTD at no 37 ikorodu road, jibowu b/stop beside wema bank. please remove your shoe and run faster as u can. they are pure scam. they collect #500 naira from me for an interview and latter ask me to come and pay extra #3,500 wish i also paid. then they gave me fake application latter that one i get to the company i will bee employed. my felow compatriot, when i got there, the company did not even know if i exist…. pls run away form XILEPH LTD……they are scammers, a pregnant woman is also one of them….i pray her unborn child will not suffer from the sin she has commited.

Reply ↓
samuel on August 1, 2013 at 10:47 am said:
lattest scammer XILEPH LTD at no 37, ikorodu road, jibowu bus-stop lagos. after they collected my 4,000 naira, they gave me a fake application latter….i wasted 3,000 naira for transport only . the total money i spent was 7,000 naira and after that, the manager of XILEPH LTD stop calling me. his name is mr felix with phone number 08033838786. please run away from XILEPH LTD they are pure scammer…. a word is enough for the wise

Reply ↓
Taiwo Kingpin on August 1, 2013 at 8:05 pm said:
Notification of your soft Appointment Letter and Interview call from Nigerian Breweries Plc.

NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC.
Central Business Unit, 5, Ganges Street Off Alvan Ikoku Road, Maitama District, Abuja.
Direct E-mail: career.nbplc.ng@gmail.com
Direct Tel: +234-81-67391639,+234-81-62745119.

Kindly, note that you are requested to provide any scan copy of Nigerian Identity along with the copy of your Employment Insurance Certificate to the company before your interview date via-email attachment, due to part experience the company has had with International and local staffs working with us, the company now makes it mandatory for every shortlisted candidate to submit his/her Employment Insurance Certificate. This ensures that any staff coming to work with us will be legally and officially cleared by the company legal practitioner, so as to make make sure that we are employing a honest and terror free applicant into our reputable firm, so as not to fall victim to predators as advised by our security department in line with the current security challenges currently experience in this country.
Note also that you are responsible for the cost of procuring your papers as the company will reimburse back to you any fee spent while in process of obtaining your clearance papers, so you are humbly advised to procure your papers on your own expense while the company will reimburse back any fund spent while procuring those very valuable and important clearance papers as soon as your first month salary is due for payment you shall be reimbursed any expenses made in procuring your working Employment Insurance Certificate from the legal practitioner.

Hon. Ogba Samuel Chambers.
Tell: +234-80-8839-4195.
Contact person: Barrister, Ogba Samuel.
Designation: Attorney And Solicitor.

Kindly contact the Attorney as soon as you receive this mail to scheduled date be can be able to procure your working Employment Insurance Certificate which they will obtain for you (on your behalf) which will also present to the company on or before your interview date.

This and many more informations they sent to me regarding employment. To my amazement when I have to checked the name of the barrister on nigerian registered legal practitioner it could not be found. When I also called the number of their lawyer he asked me to pay the sum of N15,000. Meanwhile, already I knew it was scam

Reply ↓
Taiwo Kingpin on August 1, 2013 at 8:08 pm said:
Notification of your soft Appointment Letter and Interview call from Nigerian Breweries Plc.

NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC.
Central Business Unit, 5, Ganges Street Off Alvan Ikoku Road, Maitama District, Abuja.
Direct E-mail: career.nbplc.ng@gmail.com
Direct Tel: +234-81-67391639,+234-81-62745119.

Kindly, note that you are requested to provide any scan copy of Nigerian Identity along with the copy of your Employment Insurance Certificate to the company before your interview date via-email attachment, due to part experience the company has had with International and local staffs working with us, the company now makes it mandatory for every shortlisted candidate to submit his/her Employment Insurance Certificate. This ensures that any staff coming to work with us will be legally and officially cleared by the company legal practitioner, so as to make make sure that we are employing a honest and terror free applicant into our reputable firm, so as not to fall victim to predators as advised by our security department in line with the current security challenges currently experience in this country.
Note also that you are responsible for the cost of procuring your papers as the company will reimburse back to you any fee spent while in process of obtaining your clearance papers, so you are humbly advised to procure your papers on your own expense while the company will reimburse back any fund spent while procuring those very valuable and important clearance papers as soon as your first month salary is due for payment you shall be reimbursed any expenses made in procuring your working Employment Insurance Certificate from the legal practitioner.

Hon. Ogba Samuel Chambers.
Tell: +234-80-8839-4195.
Contact person: Barrister, Ogba Samuel.
Designation: Attorney And Solicitor.

Kindly contact the Attorney as soon as you receive this mail to scheduled date be can be able to procure your working Employment Insurance Certificate which they will obtain for you (on your behalf) which will also present to the company on or before your interview date.

This and many more informations they sent to me regarding employment. To my amazement when I have to checked the name of the barrister on nigerian registered legal practitioner it could not be found. When I also called the number of their lawyer he asked me to pay the sum of N15,000. Meanwhile, already I knew it was scam.

Reply ↓
Jobs in Nigeria woman on August 1, 2013 at 8:40 pm said:
Real scam

Reply ↓
vivian on October 28, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:
I got an invitation for an interview from KCG meaning Klink Golden concept at 83,iyana ipaja oshodi express way.pls are they real or scammers

Reply ↓
ISU IBRAHIM JULIUS on December 11, 2013 at 5:21 pm said:
pls is there any recruitment going on at NNPC,SHEVRON AND SHELL?If yes,is there any form to be obtained for 10,500/8,500/6,500 before employment can be offered.PLS I want to report one MR FEMI ADAMS that claims to wrk wit NNPC,right now he has duped my friend for 137,500 and he is still asking for a sum of 30,000.

Reply ↓
siva on January 26, 2014 at 10:30 am said:
i received a offer from prodeco petro.. the mail id is hr@predeco.com, could u pls suggest its true

Reply ↓
kadeem on March 11, 2014 at 8:23 pm said:
Is dere any browns hotel in the UK dat is recruiting? Cos I just received appointment letter from dem.and dey request I get my travel documents ready which I’m Going to pay for while dey will pay for the flight ticket and other expenses.pls hw genuine is it

Reply ↓
Jobs in Nigeria woman on April 10, 2014 at 7:55 am said:
SCAM. big scam

Reply ↓
Ij on March 21, 2014 at 11:06 pm said:
May God see us tru…i ve bn invited 4 several interviews by different recruiting firm bt i learnt dat they ar FAKE.few of them ar….Truelink integrated services,….Adms,…HR,…Onl HR,…Alphaplus Nig,..etc

Reply ↓
Benralph on June 17, 2014 at 9:32 pm said:
Is KLINK concept a real company or a scam?

Reply ↓
Joy on August 11, 2014 at 7:03 pm said:
I was invited by Boss Resources to come for a chat,tomorrow in Lagos at Akinremi street, opp New garage Ikeja, can anyone confirm for me, are dey
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
I got that article on jobsfor naijas website. Read and learn...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ProfGday(m): 9:52am On Sep 15, 2014
Got an invite from VICDAYLE RESOURCES 25,Osolo way Ajao Estate,Lagos.

Pls can u guys help out in putting me thru on thngs dey are to.I've search on internet for info bt could'nt gt a substantial info abt them. If u knw them pls holla me on ths thread.
U guys are doing a great job.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ProfGday(m): 9:54am On Sep 15, 2014
Got an invite from VICDAYLE RESOURCES 25,Osolo way Ajao Estate,Lagos.

Pls can u guys help out in putting me thru on thngs dey are to.I've search on internet for info bt could'nt gt a substantial info abt them. I dnt want to waste my hard earn money for something that doesn't worth it.If u knw them pls holla me on ths thread.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by pearl92: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by funkeabosede(f): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
VACANCY @METEORIC COMPUTERS

10, Ishaga Rd, Surulere, Lagos

A reputable ICT organization is seeking out competent individuals to fill the following vacant position;

1. COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR
(MALE/FEMALE RESIDING IN OR CLOSE TO ILASA/SURULERE/IKATE)

Qualification: Minimum of ND/NCE in any Computer related course

2. COMPUTER CONSULTANT (MALE/FEMALE)

Qualification: Minimum of ND/NCE
Must be Computer Literate
With 2-5 years working experience in a reputable firm.

Interested candidate should forward their CV to meteoricrecruitment@gmail.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
If you love to teach you can try them.
ProfGday: Got an invite from VICDAYLE REDSOURCES 25,Osolo way Ajao Estate,Lagos.

Pls can u guys help out in putting me thru on thngs dey are to.I've search on internet for info bt could'nt gt a substantial info abt them. I dnt want to waste my hard earn money for something that doesn't worth it.If u knw them pls holla me on ths thread.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
Who else receives this text message?

Dear Candidate, you are invited to write a test for the ?Junior Electrical Engineer? position holding at Canton Cancourse, 12 Landbridge Avenue, Oniru Estate,Victoria Island Lagos. (Description - Highlight at sandfill bus stop, V.I and get to Shoprite Lekki. The street by Shoprite is Landbridge Ave, The venue is after the Forte (FO) Petrol station by your right)Date- Wednesday or Thursday 17th or 18th of September, 2014 between 10:00-12noon only. Kindly come along with this text invite, a copy an ID card (Drivers License, National ID or International Passport), a pen and copy of your CV ONLY. Please note that the end placement for this position is in Ibadan, Oyo State .For more info & clarification, please send a mail to info@trmsoln.com Total Resource management Solutions.(TRMS)

Are they real or fake?

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joesparkle: 8:34am On Sep 17, 2014
charlzchudi: Who else receives this text message?

Dear Candidate, you are invited to write a test for the ?Junior Electrical Engineer? position holding at Canton Cancourse, 12 Landbridge Avenue, Oniru Estate,Victoria Island Lagos. (Description - Highlight at sandfill bus stop, V.I and get to Shoprite Lekki. The street by Shoprite is Landbridge Ave, The venue is after the Forte (FO) Petrol station by your right)Date- Wednesday or Thursday 17th or 18th of September, 2014 between 10:00-12noon only. Kindly come along with this text invite, a copy an ID card (Drivers License, National ID or International Passport), a pen and copy of your CV ONLY. Please note that the end placement for this position is in Ibadan, Oyo State .For more info & clarification, please send a mail to info@trmsoln.com Total Resource management Solutions.(TRMS)

Are they real or fake?
Really!!!!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nduxzy: 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
OCEAN Ten ko SEA twenty ni
confirm drug marketer
Boss Resource
wisdom4naira: Wisdom:
pls, is there anyone who received this sms or has an info about the company ?

Based on a referral from Ocean Ten Enterprises,you have been shortlisted for an Interview in BRGC on Thurs by 9Am. 16 Akinremi str,Anifowoshe,Ikeja. ENQ.07069462747.Lagos Residents Only.

pls reply.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by israelBigFame(m): 9:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hi Nairalanders
I am looking for a Dj and Vj to host and play music on my Radio Station online
I am not gonna pay anything Huge but if you are willing to work with Me we can make this Big, All you need is a Computer, An internet connection and Time
This must be something you love to do
Pls contact me on BBm 3312B82D Email - isrealplay@gmail.com phone no- 08060776198 .thank you.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by selom1985(m): 12:42am On Sep 19, 2014
see all this u are doing here is money for this guy read http://www.siteworthtraffic.com/report/nairaland.com

http://www.siteworthtraffic.com/report/nairaland.com

http://www.siteworthtraffic.com/report/nairaland.com

ask him to dash u small is now landload[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by funkydainty(f): 10:58am On Sep 19, 2014
You are invited for a job interview/assessment on Sat 20/09/14,10am at 203,Old Abeokuta Motor Rd by Kansumu Str. Opp Oando Filling Station, Agege ,Lagos.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by funkydainty(f): 10:59am On Sep 19, 2014
is dis real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by funkydainty(f): 11:10am On Sep 19, 2014
i got dis today

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kakatazz(f): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2014
There is one on 161 Ikorodu Rd just beside the filling station before you get to UNION HOMES.Please beware of them,they send invites under the guise of many names.But I wonder what the government is doing to help our youths from falling victims.I have heard a lot of stories bothering on job scams.I actually went to investigate the one on Ikorodu road and the outcome was exactly what I had heard.Please beware.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by notcommon(m): 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
Saraha1: pls could you narrate how it happen for job seeker like me to be aware and act smart in such circumstance?
Thanks

I also fell into their trap last year losing more than 70k before I realised am being deceived. I guess dey use juju too o and u would av drop d money before u knew it.

it all happened that I applied for admin officer at New horizon as they advertised, I mistaken it for d US New Horizon which train individuals on IT.

The name of d company reads New Horizon Global Ltd. such a catchy name and bfor I knew it I was I'm their net.

When u arr at d interview venue u will fill a form stating who invited u. Then u will write a test which is unrelevant and will not b marked. Immediately after d test u will b asked to wait that someone wants to talk to.u, once u wait u are OYO.

I once narrated this to a friend and he boasted that he can never b a victim, lo and behold he is lamenting too.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by notcommon(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
Saraha1: pls could you narrate how it happen for job seeker like me to be aware and act smart in such circumstance?
Thanks

I also fell into their trap last year losing more than 70k before I realised am being deceived. I guess dey use juju too o and u would av drop d money before u knew it.

it all happened that I applied for admin officer at New horizon as they advertised, I mistaken it for d US New Horizon which train individuals on IT.

The name of d company reads New Horizon Global Ltd. such a catchy name and bfor I knew it I was I'm their net.

When u arr at d interview venue u will fill a form stating who invited u. Then u will write a test which is unrelevant and will not b marked. Immediately after d test u will b asked to wait that someone wants to talk to.u, once u wait u are OYO.

I once narrated this to a friend and he boasted that he can never b a victim, lo and behold he is lamenting too.

There is GNLD plus. Pls beware

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Saraha1(f): 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
notcommon:

There is GNLD plus. Pls beware

Thanks so much for the piece of information.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by lawlypop(f): 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
Pls aw true is it....Subject 2 CV submitted 2 our ORG RICHBOND INVESTMENT LTD. U?re hereby invited 4 an interview @ plot 9 Oremeji Street Isolo, Lag. 23/09/14 10:30am
REF:RB/2014/5321
DIRECTION: Frm Oshodi----Iyana Isolo----Opp First Bank, Take Tricycle going to Oremeji.
HRM Mr. Adeniyi
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by notcommon(m): 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
lawlypop: Pls aw true is it....Subject 2 CV submitted 2 our ORG RICHBOND INVESTMENT LTD. U?re hereby invited 4 an interview @ plot 9 Oremeji Street Isolo, Lag. 23/09/14 10:30am
REF:RB/2014/5321
DIRECTION: Frm Oshodi----Iyana Isolo----Opp First Bank, Take Tricycle going to Oremeji.
HRM Mr. Adeniyi

pls don't go ooooo. that is d exact address I was duped. theirs is GNLD plus, cos u won't understand anything until u drop d money.

May God save us from them. GNLD plus

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by naijawealthguru(m): 8:35am On Sep 22, 2014
LaurelP: I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by miqos02(m): 8:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
hmmmm
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joesparkle: 7:39am On Sep 23, 2014
If you stay in yaba or on the island
And won't mind a job that pays 35k for a start.
And you are btw the age of 18-35
Click this link and apply: https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1766357-7AeuBKNH1r
Fill d form and do the online personality test
Ps: this jobs are located on the island and ikeja
They are hopsitality jobs, hotels,restaurants, eateries etc. Kindly note that you will undergo 3wks training if you make it pass the interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.