Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1809406 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chommi(f): 11:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
eziotu: I recently honoured an interview at Lekki. There was a lackadaisical approach from a young girl there. The company named EASY TAXI caused me to waste transport fare for nothing.
Imagine asking somebody of his credentials for a start. At the mention of "I did not come with it," the next thing was that they'll call me when the need arises. Not even when a job has been secured. The young girl was lucky that I did not whack her.

I had already warn the company in email to not try that mess again. They should not capitalise on the high rate of unemployment in Nigeria and use job seekers as an object of caricature

You are at fault oh. never forget your crendetials . NEVER! i also went for the interview too. they said "we will be in touch" and i havent heard from them since last week friday. waiting for response after an interview is tiresome. embarassed
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by thathruth(m): 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
are you a B.Sc/HND/OND holder with a minimum of a second class lower degree (2:2) , living in Benue state or ready to relocate to Benue state. kindly forward your CV to martpool.iwfm@gmail.com . CV should include contact address,email address, phone number, course of study and class of degree.
your CV would be given due consideration when there are available vacancies in Benue state.
Best of luck
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by adepiero: 7:22am On Sep 05, 2014
Jakeattah: MEDPRO just sent another of their many invites.... The number one GNLD

.... But they can't see me
that medpro guy is one arrogant bast**d, just listening to him talk made me hungry.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by husseinhad: 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Scam interviews are also conducted even by government agencies. You see an advert by a government parastatal, you try to apply for the job only to discover that you have to pay into a designated bank account. To me, the only difference between Government scam and the private one is that in the latter, you only lose your money; in the former you are also at a risk of losing your life (case study: Immigration recruitment exercise). Below is the link to a nairalander's ordeal at a scam interview test conducted by University College Hospital, Ibadan.

https://www.nairaland.com/1859227/uch-recruitment-malfeasance

This was what she wrote:

After the recruitment scandal by the Immigration, one would think that other federal government parastatals would have learnt not to organise kangaroo recruitment exercises thereby putting the lives of innocent Nigerians at risk. In 2012, University College Hospital, Ibadan placed an advert in The Punch announcing vacancies for about 35 positions. It was not until I got to UCH that I discovered that I would have to pay the sum of N1,000 to obtain the application form. I did this, followed the stipulated process and and submitted the required documents including my O'Level result. I was applying for the position of Information Officer II. The sole requirement for this post was a Bachelor's Degree in English (which I have), Mass Communication or Social Sciences. I never heard anything until about few days ago.

On Tuesday, 12/08/2014, I received a text message from UCH inviting me for a test scheduled for Thursday, 14/08/2014. The text included an instruction for candidates to bring along their original credentials, 3 passport photos and the receipt of the application form purchase. I did all I could to sit for the test and I had all the requirements with me. I got to the venue about 25 minutes before 9am when the supposed exam was scheduled to start. No official of UCH attended to us until almost 3 hours later, at about 11. 35am, when we were told to gather in front of the exam hall and we would enter the hall as each person's name is called. The number of candidates who showed up for the test were less than 300, out of the thousands who paid and applied for the jobs. It was at this point that they examiners made the announcement that there are other requirements for the positions. The one for Information Officer was that candidates must have 5 credits at a sitting or 6 credits at two sittings including Mathematics and English. Out of almost 100 candidates who applied for the post of Information Officer, only about 30-35 ended up sitting for the exam. Even when we complained to the coordinator, she snubbed us and said, 'Okay, noted.' Other invigilators simply laughed at us and said the same thing.

Many of us decided not to just walk away. We went to see the Director of Administration and the Chief Medical Director to register our displeasure. None of these principal officers was around and the only officials who attended to was the Personal Assistant to the CMD, who introduced himself as Mr. Taiwo, and the Head of the Security Department of UCH, a man popularly addressed as Captain. After keeping us waiting for several minutes, the 'Captain' came back to address us and said that it was the policy of the Federal Government. He even bragged that his alma mater, University of Ibadan, requires credits in both Maths and English for admission into any course. Many of us countered this, letting him know that we have obtained degrees in the Humanities from UI without a credit in Maths at the O'level. Eventually, everyone dispersed with the painful knowledge that we have used as puppets for a 'recruitment show' that was staged with the motive of securing employments for their choice candidates.

My anger is not at them for stating 'phony policy' they claimed was made by the Federal Government. But why would they make people waste their time and money as well as risk their lives just to be played on? They already knew what they were going to do. Why didn't they just invite their own people? I met two people there who claimed that they had come from Nassarawa and Benue respectively. Some of the candidates probably borrowed the money used in transporting themselves to the venue only for their hopes to be dashed. I arrived at Ibadan at about 10pm on Wednesday, 13th of August, just to be at the exam venue early the next day.
I submitted my O'level result along with other credentials. I was disqualified from sitting for the exam because I don't have a credit in Maths. If the claim was that the requirement was based on a Federal Government policy, on what criteria was I shortlisted?

I owe the world a duty to report this malfeasance. It's high time we disallowed a wicked act like this to go unnoticed.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joesparkle: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
EkeomaAmanze: I always receive such text messages talking about interview/job briefing. I have always and always neglected them. Infact as soon as I get the text, I will delete it.

To me the easiest way to know it is a scam/fake is, how can a company u never applied to, invite u for an interview? angry

I ask myself, when did I apply to this company and when did I write their test?

Keep a record of the jobs U applied to, it helps.
Lack of knowledge is a big challenge, you probably don't knw that, smalls firms/NGOs download CV frm job site, and mail/text suitable candidates.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by heyhemr: 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
hi all..got a test invite from TRMS jobs....the job is scheduled for 10th of sept..i wanna know how real dis pple are pls.....pls anybody
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joesparkle: 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Wave hospitality
To all those groaning and moaning about fake recruitment firms. I might be able to help.
If you need a job and you are btw 18-35 and you won't mind a job that pays an average of 30k/per month. We are an NGO, we are into youth employment for the hospitality industry.
Here is a link for applying: https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1766357-7AeuBKNH1r
Fill the form and do the online personality tests.
PS: all qualified applicant will be required to undergo 3wks mandatory training.
If you have any question pls call: 09090012275
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by harffie(m): 10:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Wide koverage petroleum LTD is a duly registered company under the laws of federal republic of nigeria. We have business in the oil and gas industries, auto mobile and maritime sectors of the economy. Here is a product we got franchise to sell in nigeria called tyre armour is a sealant specifically designed to instantly and permanently seal puncture to subsequently avoid pressure loss in air filled tyre. Treating your vehicle tyres with tyre armour will obviously eliminate the inconvenience of suffering a punctured with the attendant repair cost, inconveniences and risks associated. For further enquiries and home/ office delivery contact mr ibraheem on 08095384255 click the link below to see how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aC-iGdSBIpM
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by darilldrems: 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
jude33084: Please I need HELP! My friend in PH said he was sent a test message informing him to come to Lagos for an interview with C & I leasing company in Lekki phase one. Admiralty way I think.

Please does anyone here knows about the company?

PH is far from Lagos as we all know

God Bless any good response smiley

Please tell your friend to call them and find out more about their company before coming to Lagos. I am in lagos and I know how bad the situation with fake job interviews everywhere. I will advice your friend to search for jobs with http:// or http://jobsmaster.com.ng which will help find jobs from everywhere. Lagos is full of lazy scammers looking to feed on the bas situation in Nigeria. Be very careful brother/sister.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LilyLuvSrk(f): 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
Please does anyone have any idea if this is real or fake. I need your help. Does anyone know the company? Read below:

hr4recruitment23@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear L...,
>
> You are hereby invited for interview as a Receptionist on Thursday,
> September 11, 2014 at Sterling Property Development Company Ltd. N0. 297A, > Surulere Way, Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos at 10am.
>
> Pls come along with the following:
>
> 1. Original credentials and certificate for viewing.
>
> 2. Photocopies of all credentials for
records.
>
> 3. References from previous places of work.
>
> 4. 2 passport photographs.
>
> For further enquiries, pls call Ganiyat on:
08032960382. >
> Thank you.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by isi31(f): 6:18am On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks for this information, we all need to be enlightened about this.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Abanikanda: 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
YOU ARE INVITED FOR TEST/INTERVIEW ON THURS 11/9/14 BY 10am @ PLT5 OTUNBA KOLAWOLE STR BEHIND ACCORN FILLING STATION, ESTATE B/STP, OWORO EXP. REF:FIRC/UBA/2120. Can this be real? I need. Advice
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 11:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Abanikanda: YOU ARE INVITED FOR TEST/INTERVIEW ON THURS 11/9/14 BY 10am @ PLT5 OTUNBA KOLAWOLE STR BEHIND ACCORN FILLING STATION, ESTATE B/STP, OWORO EXP. REF:FIRC/UBA/2120. Can this be real? I need. Advice

It looks like gnld
Dat REF thingy makes it suspicious
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
isi31: Thanks for this information, we all need to be enlightened about this.

Thanks dear
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by cyif2003(m): 9:05am On Sep 10, 2014
good day. i got this last nite as a mail nd text msg.

You have been shortlisted for Test and Oral Assessment with our
Management Staff on Wednesday 10th September,2014 by 1pm prompt at 205
Borno-Way,off Ladipo St,Total Bus Stop(after Adekunle Bus stop at the
back of Total Filling Station),Oyingbo,Lagos.
Note:- 1.Prepare yourself for a written test and one - one interview
with the CEO
          2.Your invitation message is your entrance pass
          3.Come along with two passport photograph.

Contact 08081463053  for any information.
Regards
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by marbotek(m): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
here is another bulk sms site.. www.buymoresms.com signup now and enjoy premium sms at reasonable costs.. www.buymoresms.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by conyema12(m): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Is it a scam?

My neighbours wife was invited to an interview plus physical examination by Peace corps of Nigeria. After the whole thing, she passed the first stage.

Now why we became worried about it is that they were asked to pay #40, 000 for training kits which will be paid into diamond bank.
Is this real ?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by geca(f): 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
If you get an sms from AllState consulting firm,just ignore them.Do you have to pay so you can get a job?You'll be asked to pay N2,500 for letter of recommendation that'll be taken to the God-knows-coy.Useless scammers everywhere!!!!! cry
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
Was invited for an interview by capital express assurance ds evening for friday 12/9/14 around sango ota. Is it worth it? No postion was stated in d sms. I have a feeling it marketing
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sheyzo: 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
Please does anyone know abt Double Trustee Investment? Can't seem to find any useful info abt what exactly they do and their whereabouts.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
sheyzo: Please does anyone know abt Double Trustee Investment? Can't seem to find any useful info abt what exactly they do and their whereabouts.
go
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
Charlesamino: Was invited for an interview by capital express assurance ds evening for friday 12/9/14 around sango ota. Is it worth it? No postion was stated in d sms. I have a feeling it marketing
There are companies springing up in this areas...... plead go.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
cyif2003: good day. i got this last nite as a mail nd text msg.

You have been shortlisted for Test and Oral Assessment with our
Management Staff on Wednesday 10th September,2014 by 1pm prompt at 205
Borno-Way,off Ladipo St,Total Bus Stop(after Adekunle Bus stop at the
back of Total Filling Station),Oyingbo,Lagos.
Note:- 1.Prepare yourself for a written test and one - one interview
with the CEO
          2.Your invitation message is your entrance pass
          3.Come along with two passport photograph.

Contact 08081463053  for any information.
Regards
GNLD

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dabiaf83(m): 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
God will help applicants in this country
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 8:16am On Sep 11, 2014
Please who knows anything about Brisktrade Investment Limited? Their website is down I didn't get any useful thing about them. I got a mail and text message from them.

The post I was invited for is for Business development officer. Someone told me it is a marketing position pls how true is it? The addrerss is No. 21 Ajasa street Onikan Lagos. Please I need urgent reply. Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by An0nimus: 9:01am On Sep 11, 2014
Missnidependent: Please who knows anything about Brisktrade Investment Limited? Their website is down I didn't get any useful thing about them. I got a mail and text message from them.

The post I was invited for is for Business development officer. Someone told me it is a marketing position pls how true is it? The addrerss is No. 21 Ajasa street Onikan Lagos. Please I need urgent reply. Thanks
You dey fear GNLD ni? grin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 9:17am On Sep 11, 2014
An0nimus:
You dey fear GNLD ni? grin
Lol I no wan fall their victim for once o. But the domain name does not look suspicious and I got a mail and a text too can't really say. Please do you know anything about the Business development officer post?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by An0nimus: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
MissIndependent: Lol I no wan fall their victim for once o. But the domain name does not look suspicious and I got a mail and a text too can't really say. Please do you know anything about the Business development officer post?
No idea really. I know these guys could come up with fancy names sometimes. If its not too far away you could check them out. That's was how I tried one that text me around my area and it was them GNLD ninjas grin

Worst case scenario is you meet GNLD and burn tp, energy, time. Best case? You actually stumble on a real job interview and you bag it cool.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Angelaigwe(f): 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
Oh Nigeria my great country,more are still coming. ;DOh Nigeria my great country,more are still coming.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.