Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1809571 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by HooxJnr(m): 1:26am On Aug 13, 2014
shegeblend: I think it is high time people start to think of how to create jobs not how or where to seek for jobs. In Nigeria today the level of unemployment is increasing everyday. so why should you be waiting for that invitation for interview? start something else. like poultry, fishery, online business that you will start with zero capital and many more.

Bia bia bia. Everybody cannot be an entrepreneur.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by liliangmail(f): 9:07am On Aug 13, 2014
Sparklight? OMG! Thank God i didnt attend..... .. chi m! grin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tboy11(m): 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
YOU HAVE BEEN SHORTLISTED FOR A TEST/ORAL INTERVIEW BY 8:30am TOMMOROW MONDAY, 11/08/2014 AT SUITE 4,IBUKUN OLUWA BUILDING,ADEX BUS-STOP,BESIDE SKYE BANK PLC,ALONG MONATAN,IWO-ROAD IBADAN.

the above is an example of the scam job invite I got... I called to seek information about what the company is into..they didn't pick up ...I even sent message still no reply

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by vickysmilez(f): 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
Pls has anyone here heard about Antel int'l @ maryland. I just got a text frm them for an interview on Friday, a land line phone no was included
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by coolbreezy: 11:19am On Aug 14, 2014
mezebel: . God will clothe u with witches and wizards arrow proof for sharing this post. Jst got a message with this content "HR/HZL/5. U are invited for a test/job assessment on 23rd july,2014 by 1.30pm at trinity house 84 itire road,by morgans bus stop mushin,lagos...it does not have any number to call and the company name... The code number is HR/HZL/5. Pls are they scammers also?
I got like 5 diff sms in the last month with the same address but different title. The recent ones are oasis co and Apr consult. Fake cannot be more obvious
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by coolbreezy: 11:29am On Aug 14, 2014
ProfGday: After ur CV perusal,ARC invites u for a job assessment/briefing on saturday 9/8/2014 by 10am. venue:Trinity house,84 Itire Morgan b/stop Mushin Lagos.
Sender:MGT/ARC/162.

PLS MY PEOPLE HELP ME FIND OUT IF THEY ARE REAL RECRUITMENT AGENCY. COS I DONT WANT TO WASTE MY TP FARE ALL D WAY FRM ABUJA.
THANKS
It is fake. Got a sms this morning from oasis co with the same address and from apr consult still wt d same add. What kind of company change their coy name?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by goldenijay: 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ps doz anyone in d house knw of gtbank, oando, mtn recruitment I saw it online and dey ask 2 pay in 3k in2 an acct after which u input ur teller no on d login page to apply.... Ps house is it ril? Has anyone seen it
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ProfGday(m): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
goldenijay: Ps doz anyone in d house knw of gtbank, oando, mtn recruitment I saw it online and dey ask 2 pay in 3k in2 an acct after which u input ur teller no on d login page to apply.... Ps house is it ril? Has anyone seen it
any graduates that paid such should return his/her B.Sc certificate,cos such fellow is worse than a stack illiterate.
Ignore such adverts,they are fake.

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ibk01: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hello house, I got a text from SATCOM LTD that I should come with my CV and passport to Opebi for a 2weeks training. There was a designated number to call in the text. I tried checking up SATCOM LTD online but couldnt get a concrete information. Does anyone know about this company? Pls help a brother cos I dont wanna waste my time and money going there without a prior knowledge that they are genuine. Thank you all.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tosak01: 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
Got this message dis evenin
Ure selected&invited for interview tomoro 10am MONDAY 18/8/14@Our ofice,3rd floor,Navada Plaza,140 Liberty Rd,Elewure B-Stop,Opp Liberty Stadium,Ibadan.Info cal........
Anyone else with simlar text?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Yornandrew: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Be careful I have missed some genuine jobs because I thought it was a scam, only to find out that it those that attended the interview became employed. The only way you can know whether an Interview is genuine is first to seek for the opinions of others to inquire whether they have attended any interview with that company. You can also find out information about the company online, their website what they do. A genuine company will most likely have an active website. Lastly go for the interview, if they ask for money, back out and refuse.

Efe

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by helide: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
Pls I need someone to brief me about Accion microfinance job.I went for their interview 2weeks back.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Shegz4040(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
You've been shortlisted for an interview tomorrow (20-08-14) at OWS, 1 Babatunde street off Ogunlana drive Surulere Lagos by 1pm. REF: FMG8791......just got dis....sure its a scam
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
Goodafternoon I appreciate this forum. Pls can someone give me some genuine websites for job search. Pls thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Bgino(m): 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
ibk01: Hello house, I got a text from SATCOM LTD that I should come with my CV and passport to Opebi for a 2weeks training. There was a designated number to call in the text. I tried checking up SATCOM LTD online but couldnt get a concrete information. Does anyone know about this company? Pls help a brother cos I dont wanna waste my time and money going there without a prior knowledge that they are genuine. Thank you all.

i got a call this morning as to how genuine this SATCOM peeps are.
.if trully they are outsourcing personnel for call center and customer care reps for airtel, etisalat, glo or mtn then why would they require applicants to pay as much as 40.000 naira.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by DafePeejay(m): 10:02am On Aug 20, 2014
Got this via email and text also eed to confirm it. Please can anyone verify?

VENUE: ketu-oworo expressway opposite Alapere estate bustop,Ogudu GRA PHASE 2 behind ACCON Filling station,Plot 5 Otunba kolawole str, off Toyin Abass avenue.

PLS NOTE: Interview is for only Lagos/sango ota/Ibadan applicants alone,if the date and time of your interview is inconvenience,do send a reply.

HR 08188791564

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ayoola190: 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joesparkle: 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Are you unemployed, btw 18-30
Do u reside in lagos
And all you need is a waec cert
With a minimum of 30k salary
Click this link:
https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1766357-7AeuBKNH1r
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Funjosh(m): 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
ayoola190: With regards to your application as a Field Data Collector, pls confirm your availability to work in Ondo, sms your name and location to (a number)

Pls i need advice, what should i do?

Please dont do anything grin

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by userbusy21: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
SCAM IS WHEN SOMEONE ASKED ALL OF YOU TO SUBMIT YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND BB PIN FOR JOB ALERT WHICH YOU NEVER GOT AND YOUR NO, WILL FURTHER BE USED TO SCAM YOU AND YOU START WONDERING HOW THEY GOT YOUR NUMBER.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dramaticspeak(m): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
Do you think you have got what it takes to win the Reference Point Selfie of the Year contest 2014?
Grab the opportunity to win:
Grand prize: 30,000 naira + Brand Ambassador endorsement(Grand Prize)
First runner up: 20,000 naira
Second runner up: 10,000 naira
Hint: Showcase your social media skills and you could land a job as a social media manager at REFERENCE POINT RESOURCES
Entry is free for the first stage. Simply log into your Twitter or Instagram page and upload your selfie with the hash tag “#wild” alongside a preferred means of contact. Those that will qualify for the second stage will be notified and required to pay the sum of 2,000 naira.
Like our facebook page www.facebook.com/referencepoint
The theme for this years contest is #wild
For more details visit www.pointresources..com, or simply send “rpr selfie contest” in a message to us on the following social platform
Bbm: 23139928
E-mail:pointresources@gmail.com
Whatsapp: 07068399394

Proudly sponsored by Reference Point Resources
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joesparkle: 9:55am On Aug 22, 2014
You all scream Scam, Even when the opportunity is real, because of the mentality the opportunity will pass you by.
Wave hospitality is an NGO that's into creating entry level jobs for school leavers and degree holders who are finding it hard to get jobs. All we want is to empower ppl to reduce poverty level. Still some ppl ll stil say we are a Scam. The Question Rili is if we are a scam why wld we make the form free and easily accessible. What Nigeria youths need to learn is, there are no easy Jobs, when you get half a chance/opportunity, like a footballer you make it whole by put that half chance to good use.
If you are prepared to take this half a chance we are offering(half a chance because the salary is minimum of 30k) then click the link below and fill the form https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1766357-7AeuBKNH1r . Everybdy who fill the form, gets an interview, its nw left for you to prove your self.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Funjosh(m): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2014
joesparkle: You all scream Scam, Even when the opportunity is real, because of the mentality the opportunity will pass you by.
Wave hospitality is an NGO that's into creating entry level jobs for school leavers and degree holders who are finding it hard to get jobs. All we want is to empower ppl to reduce poverty level. Still some ppl ll stil say we are a Scam. The Question Rili is if we are a scam why wld we make the form free and easily accessible. What Nigeria youths need to learn is, there are no easy Jobs, when you get half a chance/opportunity, like a footballer you make it whole by put that half chance to good use.
If you are prepared to take this half a chance we are offering(half a chance because the salary is minimum of 30k) then click the link below and fill the form https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1766357-7AeuBKNH1r . Everybdy who fill the form, gets an interview, its nw left for you to prove your self.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!

JONATHAN grin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Lingualplus: 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
ednut1: they are also on NL as ur exposing dem. der are devising new tactics. many pple still fall for dem out of desperation.

I almost fall for them, they invited me and I went. After the test, one of them talk about various things, they later asked to pay 8500 for a kit which I did not pay.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by rambo66: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2014
THE BOILING FROG SYNDROME..!!
Put a frog in a vessel of water and start heating the water...
As the temperature of the water rises, the frog is able to adjust its body temperature accordingly...
The frog keeps on adjusting with increase in temperature...
Just when the water is about to reach boiling point, the frog is not able to adjust anymore...
At that point the frog decides to jump out...
The frog tries to jump but is unable to do so, because it lost all its strength in adjusting with the water temperature...
Very soon the frog dies. What killed the frog?
Many of us would say the boiling water...
But the truth is what killed the frog was its own inability to decide when it had to jump out...
We all need to adjust with people and situations, but we need to be sure when we need to adjust and when we need to confront / face...
There are times when we need to face the situation and take the appropriate action...
If we allow people to exploit us physically, mentally, emotionally or financially, they will continue to do so...
We have to decide when to jump... Let us jump while we still have the strength ! Ponder on this !!

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
You're invited for a test and job briefing with
SGR @ 51, Ago palace way, avenue b/stop,
opp. Skyebank, Okota Lagos. On Tuesday
26/08/14, 10am. It came to my mail.

Please help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.