Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1809542 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by akahp(m): 11:24am On Aug 07, 2014
toprealman:

It.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
mezebel: . God will clothe u with witches and wizards arrow proof for sharing this post. Jst got a message with this content "HR/HZL/5. U are invited for a test/job assessment on 23rd july,2014 by 1.30pm at trinity house 84 itire road,by morgans bus stop mushin,lagos...it does not have any number to call and the company name... The code number is HR/HZL/5. Pls are they scammers also?

Dats a typical scam message and address baby
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chiogoezubem(f): 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
They also go by the names:
T-LINK, HR/Mer/586, HR OFFICE, HR-TLIS, TLIS INVITE, HR:CEO9969, MRC, etc. Sometime in June, I was directed by a friend to go on Samsung site and apply for an advertised job. In the process, I mistakenly typed a wrong address and was taken to a site called Job.Naij where I submitted my cv. Not up to 2mins after I submitted my cv, I got bombarded by SMSs from the above mentioned. I was even considering honouring the first invite when about 2 others sent theirs with the same address and, or addresses close to each other. They kept sending this msgs even on Sunday. By the end of the weekend, I had put plenty 2s together and decided to ignore them. I didn't even bother calling the numbers they sent along. I had heard plenty stories about theses people prior to now. They even require one to pay a certain amount of money. So guys think smart and be careful.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chiogoezubem(f): 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
santagelo25: Very funny how this people invade people's privacy.I wonder how they got my phone number.
Just when i was reading through the comments in this thread,i got an alert now and here is the message.

Telesource
Hi,come with your CV/passport to 77,Opebi Road,1st floor,Salvation B/stop,Opebi Lagos State.
Be prepared to undergo 2weeks training before proper job begins.Job placement opportunity after 2weeks intensive training.Call Odunayo on xxxxxxxxxxx..1st come,1st serve..

Sometime last month,i was sent a text from (M.R.C) somewhere in Challenge B/stop,Mushin to come for an interview.The message was almost similar to this..I did all i could to get information the company on google but all my effort was dashed.Call the number they gave but the person refuse to disclose what the company is into..So,i decided to give it a trial.On getting there,i met 2 other guys and we had wait for the interviewers for like 30mins.That was when i started having doubt about the company.When they finally came,they gave us a form to fill our Name,State of Origin etc and some funny questions like Where do you hope to be in the next 5 years?? A lady came out to address us with plenty,plenty motivational talks on why we should forget about sending CV's to Oil company,Banks etc.Not quite 15mins,a guy stood up and walk out.Immediately,i joined him because i have been to one around Unity street,Ikeja..What really annoy me is the fuel i wasted by driving down there.
Note:M.R.C means Medicure Resource Company.

Exactly! The only MRC I saw online is Medica Resource Company. They also go by:
T-LINK, HR/Mer/586, HR OFFICE, HR-TLIS, TLIS INVITE, HR:CEO9969, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by DOCTOR90: 4:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
sistar007: Almost fell for Sparklight Global resources but thank God I no hold 10k for pocket
,what happen give me little info about d sparklight
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ohraybs(m): 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
LaurelP: I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!
Those people are sets of fools,I entered into deir trap once and I was so angry on that fateful day cos I was not having much on me,I had to go and borrow cash outta no cash on me......getting dere,I saw that it was GNLD and I was vexed inside of me,d funniest tin is dat dey wanted to take my ATM so dat dey will be assured that am not going anywhere,I just thank God dat I used wisdom to make them believe that am still cumin back........I no fit blame dem na,na unemployment for Naija cause am.......
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by oamronnie(f): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
These guys are everywhere. But their techniques are all the same. However, if you make the mistake of attending their 'interview', don't make the mistake of dropping a dime. Once they start talking about money, just carry your bag and leave. Lobatan! God help us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by engrshakespeare: 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
Most.fake job interviews are GNLD distributors. Their technique is to paste posters on walls and buses and share vacancy fliers. Please don't waste your time and moni calling or going. They will keep directing ui here and there till u get to Gbagada or their other distribution centres. I want to apologize to my downlines I mislead into GNLD. I was duped too. I too lost money.
If the interviewer introduces himself as Felix Matti, akinbowale Akintan, Thomas Okodua, Mr Simple etc. Pls run for your life

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ProfGday(m): 3:06am On Aug 08, 2014
After ur CV perusal,ARC invites u for a job assessment/briefing on saturday 9/8/2014 by 10am. venue:Trinity house,84 Itire Morgan b/stop Mushin Lagos.
Sender:MGT/ARC/162.

PLS MY PEOPLE HELP ME FIND OUT IF THEY ARE REAL RECRUITMENT AGENCY. COS I DONT WANT TO WASTE MY TP FARE ALL D WAY FRM ABUJA.
THANKS
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sexylemo: 7:18am On Aug 08, 2014
TRADELYN:

Trust me, many Big companies still hide their name.

Most of them use recruitment agencies/HR professionals/consulting firms to carry out the process on their behalf.

Una no go hear word! Smh!
Identify scam job invites, no way. Warning still come, na argument. Na wa o
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Eze1(m): 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Yesterday, i got an sms on my phone informing me that i have been shortlisted for appointment as a board member in one of the Federal Government Parastatals and further directed me to forward my cv to a certain email address. there was also a phone number to call for further directives. i quickly called the number and the man at the other end answered and said he was a staff of the SGF Abuja. He said his name was Philip Osagie and that i should send my cv to his personal email address. he further said i would be called for interview soonest and sounded so convincing.Please nairalanders, advice.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Abduletudaye(m): 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hmmmm.. I love this thread. Well. My experience goes thus:
1. I left service last year october and u know na, I was expecting invite for job interviews coz I had applied a lot on jobberman. So the first mumu place I got to was wextex bustop, gbagada. I was invited for interview only to go there and meet massive, as in MaSsive crowd there. So I was scared.. I went in and sat on a table, of which before 5min, the table was full with one speaker. The speaker was just talking rubbish about elementary economics(of which I was forming effiko cheesy) and about dangote and how he got rich..I got fed up instantly and knew it was GNLD. T-fare wasted and I was pissed.

Second experince was at one samsung building off awolowo road,ikeja. This young man who was the speaker first made me angry coz he was talking about Dangote too.. (Does dangote even knew these peeps?) So the idiot speaker now mentioned one stupid statement: ''IF you are not interested, its not a do or die affair, pls walk out'' so I was like, can this fool even return my T-Fare?(Question for the gods). I just hissed and walked out and went home sad.

All these was last year.. Am sure God knows why.

Am super alert now sha. cheesy .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Abduletudaye(m): 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
Eze1: Yesterday, i got an sms on my phone informing me that i have been shortlisted for appointment as a board member in one of the Federal Government Parastatals and further directed me to forward my cv to a certain email address. there was also a phone number to call for further directives. i quickly called the number and the man at the other end answered and said he was a staff of the SGF Abuja. He said his name was Philip Osagie and that i should send my cv to his personal email address. he further said i would be called for interview soonest and sounded so convincing.Please nairalanders, advice.

Mr Eze, if you haven't sent your CV to him previously, how did he get your number and why is he asking you to send your cv again.. My brother, don't let your hope get risen for nothing ooo..kindly ransack google or nairaland for the company name the man mentioned.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ChildofChukwu(m): 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
ademega: Some depirate ones go as far as publicizing it in a daily news paper . I went to one like that ,come see graduates in wedding suits . At the end ,they asked us to hawk one energy drink for road ,that the more ur sales the faster ur promotion to a position of sales rep in any state in Nigeria
grin grin grin grin Lwkm
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by EdetMavo(m): 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
jude33084: Please I need HELP! My friend in PH said he was sent a test message informing him to come to Lagos for an interview with C & I leasing company in Lekki phase one. Admiralty way I think.

Please does anyone here knows about the company?

PH is far from Lagos as we all know

God Bless any good response smiley

Tell him to Google it and also make good enquiries from family and friends before he enbarks on such journey...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by TOYNEX(f): 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
ok.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sistar007(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
DOCTOR90: ,what happen give me little info about d sparklight

They organized a cover up test and then started their motivational briefing until they requested for a health licence which would be given by them @10k.

The director said he is going to recruit in three groups. That the first group he needed 5.(those that can get the 10k that day). But ended up taking 10 .

The second group ( those that are willing to get the complete money after paying a little.) They were more than 30

Then the last group is when u r serious u call ur HR number

GNLD is becoming a scam somehow. The 10k is a wicked commitment. And the sweet talk of looking for a gathering where they will perform a free health seminar, and organize health checks at 1000 naira each
Then the money recovered that day is for the worker who invited them

Anyway after I read their invitation thru text it was dubious somehow . and I never believed them
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ababadada: 3:22am On Aug 11, 2014
TRADELYN: grin
Applicants should just be very careful irrespective of the channel used.

Some BiG Companies are still backward in technology.

Thus, they still adopt obsolete means.

........... ..........
Having issues with your:
Research projects, sales/marketing strategies, business plans, etc?

Let's help you today grin
please help me for the business plan. I am into Custard Powdered Production Business. My email address is this victor.victor.ifiri@gmail.com
Thank for your time while look forward to hearing from you.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tosak01: 7:24am On Aug 11, 2014
ademega: Some depirate ones go as far as publicizing it in a daily news paper . I went to one like that ,come see graduates in wedding suits . At the end ,they asked us to hawk one energy drink for road ,that the more ur sales the faster ur promotion to a position of sales rep in any state in Nigeria
Very very funny ....aah ah kilode? grin grin shocked

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by TRADELYN: 10:13am On Aug 11, 2014
Ababadada:
please help me for the business plan. I am into Custard Powdered Production Business. My email address is this victor.victor.ifiri@gmail.com
Thank for your time while look forward to hearing from you.
Please see your mail.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sevantex(m): 10:25am On Aug 11, 2014
Experienced one of their GNLDscam at gbagada last year october after service nd walked out after listenin to the rude wretched looking speaker for some time (claims he read law oo..imagine bullshit)..,I learnt after dt day nd ignored their other scam invites... My advice to ppl is.,dnt ever apply to anytin on Job.Naij..,its their scam site. And also,dnt just apply to. Any online advert even if its on jobberman.,I even. stopped using jobberman at some point and the scam invites stopped coming.. It is well wit us all...,NB-Hand Sanitizers tins oo..lol
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Saraha1(f): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
@sevantex, three gbosa for you.
That has being my experience, each time I send my cv or update it on some of this site before you know it , text upon text for interview will start coming in from this Godforsaken demon who called themselves GNLD.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Johnshei(m): 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
It's my pleasure to invite u 4 an apt.test,On Wed.,13/08/14 by 9am@83,Pako b/s,0pp.Propel Filling StatioIt's my pleasure to invite u 4 an apt.test,On Wed.,13/08/14 by 9am@83,Pako b/s,0pp.Propel Filling Station,Iyana-Ipaja Exp.way,Lagos.4 info-0808 000 2931n,Iyana-Ipaja Exp.way,Lagos.4 info-0808 000 2931
I received d nessage above this morning pls guys is it real or is from one of those scammers?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Johnshei(m): 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
WE ARE PLEASED TO INVITE YOU FOR A TEST HOLDING ON WED 13/08/14 BY 10AM @ D 2ND FLOOR, 343 AGEGE MOTOR RAOD,ADENEKAN HOUSE,CHALLENGE BUS STOP,MUSHIN,LAG.HRM006.
Message above is from MCRC admin I don't know if it is real Or not
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
Johnshei: WE ARE PLEASED TO INVITE YOU FOR A TEST HOLDING ON WED 13/08/14 BY 10AM @ D 2ND FLOOR, 343 AGEGE MOTOR RAOD,ADENEKAN HOUSE,CHALLENGE BUS STOP,MUSHIN,LAG.HRM006.
Message above is from MCRC admin I don't know if it is real Or not
I got the same message this evening but my own date is 15/AUG/2014. Pls can someone confirm if any company like MCRC ever exists in lagos..please!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by shegeblend(m): 12:18am On Aug 13, 2014
I think it is high time people start to think of how to create jobs not how or where to seek for jobs. In Nigeria today the level of unemployment is increasing everyday. so why should you be waiting for that invitation for interview? start something else. like poultry, fishery, online business that you will start with zero capital and many more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: mykeomos(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.