Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,849 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place (41515 Views)

How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? / How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! / Corporate Barber In Tie At His Work Place. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by crispberry(f): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
Really true
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by ramje(m): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2015
niceeee

1 Share

Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by Alexebo(m): 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2015
r

Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by mindworx: 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
youngice:
when I threatened to resign they even paid my transport fare to the other company

lol .. lol
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by menxer: 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2015
are these observations in line with international best practices or just Naija Best practices? grin
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by SirLegal(m): 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
This doesn't happen all the time and also does not apply to everybody.

BEFORE YOU TENDER YOUR RESIGNATION TO YOUR COMPANY, YOU MUST KNOW YOUR INPUT TO ITS GROWTH. (i.e if you really want an increment)
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by sammoe(m): 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
youngice:
when I threatened to resign they even paid my transport fare to the other company
Great HR!
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by akeenalee(m): 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
lekjons:
naija employers for u..
most of 'em do their employees how they like..

they believed everyone is afraid to lose their job, especially with the level of unemployment in the country.

It round the world not only in nigeria.
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by delazore(m): 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
Its a good idea but only when u v secured another job for yourself...one wont try that unless he wanna eat his pounded yam raw...
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
youngice:

LMFAO.
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by lonelydora: 7:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
youngice:

Are you sure?
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by Kanmyos(m): 7:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
#Noted!
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by Jarus(m): 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2015
He's a marked man in that organization.
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by butanep(m): 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
kayceeD2:

Make I go prepare my resignation letter

I pity you...
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by Shukran(f): 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
Very very truth! It happened in my office just last month. The guy resigned and got a 50% increase and got an apartment for his housing, and from surpervisor level to assiatant head of Department. Jumping 2levels (ie assistant manager next to supervisor and manager before assiatant head of departmnet). Is very depressing and not health for organizations.
lonelydora:
A colleague of mine threw in his resignation letter sometime ago and immediately got a 50% increase. I have also noticed that after much appraisal, the increment is not always as expected.

Guys what do you think about the picture? Does this happen in your work place?

Seun, Crazyman, 1forall, Ishilove, lalasticlala. Please do the needful.
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by charlesucheh(m): 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
1) That's only if you're a key man in the organisation
2) Works only in developed and civilized countries. Try that in Naija and see if they wouldn't throw a big party on ur resignation!!!
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by simdam500(m): 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
It happens had such experience. But you only resign not because of the hope op is given but because you have a better place to leave for...

Only then will you experience what the op is saying cheesy
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by 6fit(f): 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
youngice:

u must have been a nuisance for a longtime in d company.
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by butanep(m): 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
You might be correct but not in all cases. I am a classical example of the scenario.

I worked with an organization where I became a key staff even as a new employee. The other staff were complaining about my influence on the manager. I was given preferential treatment as am the only staff that resume by 8am against the normal 7:25 deadline.

The work was kind of stressful for me based on the distance from my place. I complained to the manager and he said taxes won't be deducted from my salary again. I felt so honored. The other staff do say it secretly that am using charms but there was nothing of such.

After 8months in the place, I complained about the effect of the overburden of the work no me. He promised to give me feed back after discussing with the Boss. I didn't get any reply after two weeks, I therefore tender my resignation letter. It was like a shock to the manager. He said my son, you can't just go like that, the firm has plans for you. I have discussed your issues to the boss and he promised to effect changes from the following month.

I didn't accept what he said. I insisted on the resignation. He later called the boss of the firm. That was the first time I saw the owner of the firm. We had a private discussion and asked how much increment I wanted from him. I told him 25% because the burden was too much. He said as a new staff, the board will not approve it. They can only make an increment of 15%.

I later tendered my resignation to the HR. When they saw my seriousness toward it. The boss decided to pay the other 10percent from his personal purse. I felt like a star in the firm that day. The HR Manger told me no one has moved the boss like you. You must be special.

After 1yr and 6months. I left for some key reasons. Don't reason it, the money wasn't that big.

If a firm or company knows your worth, they will never want to loss you. You will never know how the company value your worth till you give them a threat via resignation.

Don't do it if you don't have plan B ooo. I had plan B when I issued my resignation. I also know my worth as well.

1 Like

Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by osamaBUSH(m): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
kayceeD2:
Make I go prepare my resignation letter
Abeg u fit recommend me 4 ur replacement?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by creepsyme(f): 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
employers hate being dumped by employees, dey increased his salary to keep him for future firing.

1 Like

Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by gidjah(m): 8:07pm On Sep 12, 2015
Woking for private firms can be pretty troublesome,they act as you benefector,threaten you with words of warnings, etc,If you must move foward in this era of economic hardship,you must develop your self,and improve upon your skills,try to own your own establishment ,watch it grow up gradually,this are the keys to Economic liberation from slavery.
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by remiotega: 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
Some employers wld quickly give u a sack letter sef wen they know u ar planning to resign.But if u ar very productive u wld b shocked wat your employers wld do to keep u.
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by Adesiji77: 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
Olalan:
Quite true, I really don't know why employers wait till they are about to loose their best hands before effecting positive changes in their welfare packages.

Don't mind them!

One of the places I worked turned deaf ears to calls for an increase in staff remuneration.

It was not until a substantial number of their good hands moved on to greener pastures that they increased salaries for certain grades. Their loss!

My advice: Never use resignation as a bargaining chip unless you have a solid plan B.
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by aderonkedeborah(f): 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
true talk
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by igbanbajo(m): 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
Bookmarked for mgt/best employee pic.
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by olayinkaj2(m): 10:04pm On Sep 12, 2015
That is very true, they think they are doing you a favour by that amount not until you tell them there is an offer for you somewhere else. I do not know why they have to wait most especially when you are a key figure in the organisation. If I have to stay, they must be ready to meet the offer I got. Not that all employees are greedy but your boss is changing cars and all that, who says we too don't like better things. They had better be ready to meet my demand or else.
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by aspirebig: 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
Firefire:
na true

Maybe in the western world, I Nigeria factory workers work for 72 hours per week and still live in abject poverty.

Ask those working in Chinese and India company, how work?
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by lalaboi(m): 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
Happened to me first hand. . When i was resigning. . I didnt give them a chance to offer more cos i had practically got tired of the place
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by Dieumerci(m): 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
lonelydora:
A colleague of mine threw in his resignation letter sometime ago and immediately got a 50% increase. I have also noticed that after much appraisal, the increment is not always as expected.

Guys what do you think about the picture? Does this happen in your work place?

Please do the needful.
I don't think this would work in a Multi national company that is well.
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by jossy26: 5:06am On Sep 13, 2015
^^^^, oga this also happens in multinational companies, am a typical example as well before eventually leaving my former place of work to another multinational, infact my HOD practically recommended urgent pay rise for me, i hadnt even tendered my resignation, just rumour in the company that i was going to resign, the man started telling me long stories of how important i am to the business, that i have a future there bla bla bla, many of us eventually resigned though except for a guy that decided to stay put after the pay rise.... like one post above, just love your job and not the company, your family is the ultimate
Re: Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place by lawrenzojacuzzi(m): 5:10am On Sep 13, 2015
If you know what work place is like,then you will understand.Thw bitter truth is that most of them are tecnocrats and belong to one fraternity or the other,hence they don't care if their employees exists interms of welfare.please don't resign unless ur plan B is ready.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions / Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate / Lagos Bus Conductor Dresses Corporately While Working (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.