Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. (8863 Views)

Video & Photos Gov Oshiomole Dancing And Grooving Wit His Newly Wedded Wife / 'I Am Capable & Strong To Do What Young People Do' - Gov Oshiomole / Pastor Treks From Benin City To Abuja For Buhari [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2009
Benin City, the capital of Edo stated Governed by the admirable Comrade Governor Adams Ohiomole. The Rapid developmental strides i saw blew me away.
the city center which was once an irritant to the body has  been transformed into a modern vicinity where you would want to leave.
    Flowers were planted everywhere, streetlights, traffic lights, Side walks, illegal structures removed, underground Drainage system, Road lights, (i dont know what it's called, a replica of the lights seen in the runways of Airports that guards Airplanes.) roads painted, various government agents available to prevent illegal street trading and so on, the road leading to the city center is also being dualized, As i Type massive work is still been carried in the city center.
    A stroll to Akpapava, revealed the same thing, though completed, Road demarcation and painted, streetlights, traffic lights and so on,
   Recently, Eurocom from SOUTH AFRICA submitted her report to the governor on how erosion can be tackled Forever, using under ground drainage system and covering all side drains, strategic locations and areas that would be affected for the Drainage to succeed, were also penciled out in the report.
   Schools are still dilapidated, reason being that the governor has no access to the N5.4BILLION UBE funds, due to refusal of the house to clear the governors UBE committee
   As i was going towards Ugbowo road, i saw battalions of  machinery, coming from Lagos to commence work.  Julius Berger has also been contacted to work on the 6 lanes in Ugbowo-Lagos way and Airport Road.
   Oshiomole's one year as a Governor has surpassed luck Igbenedion 8 years reign and Prof. Osunbor 18 months reign.
   There is still much to come.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Gekko(m): 5:24pm On Dec 06, 2009
my friend! this thread is worthless without pics.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by paddylo1(m): 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2009

i tire oh,show us the pics,else all this na propaganda
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Pharoh: 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2009
Election time never reach self see campaign here and there.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2009
Did i hear propaganda here or what
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2009
lol well going based on the title, this is a wonderful thing.
let everyone have the ambition to turn their area into Dubai.
if everyone sticks to their word and succeeds, maybe one day the majority of Nigeria will look like Dubai  undecided
but @ topic
i would like to see pics please  smiley
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2009
Gekko:

Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.

paddy_lo:

i tire oh,show us the pics,else all this na propaganda
  You are embarrassing yourself and the general online population, Pls stop and stop looking like a joke!

Pharoh:

Election time never reach self see campaign here and there.
  This is 2009 and his election is Nov. 2012. pretty far.
  you just got owned.

THE-AMAKA:

lol well going based on the title, this is a wonderful thing.
let everyone have the ambition to turn their area into Dubai.
if everyone sticks to their word and succeeds, maybe one day the majority of Nigeria will look like Dubai  undecided
but @ topic
i would like to see pics please  smiley
  okies, but that would mean going through everywhere over again, and i am hard at work.
i ll sure give it a thought.
thanks
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2009
youre welcome!!
ill be waiting. smiley
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by sjeezy8: 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2009
I actually believe in Governor Adams Ohiomole and edo state in general out of all ND states.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by paddylo1(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2009
You are embarrassing yourself and the general online population, Pls stop and stop looking like a joke!

see mugu. . .r u making any sense?they say a picture tells a thousand words

so take the pics and post here,and stop abusing ppl unnecessarily. . .like a bit*ch cool
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Parohfrey(f): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2009
because it is now their state of origin, it is no more a waste of money - double talk.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Beaf: 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2009
Please post pictures. . . Because, last time I passed through Benin, there had been some heavy rain. . . You know the drill. embarassed, On that day, I learnt that it is possible for normal cars to be submarines.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by snowdrops(m): 6:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
Kosovo i thought you will be less disingenuous than this as a moderator.
You are being economical with the truth by your portrayal of Oshiomhole
99% of Edo state citizens now realize that he is an abysmal failure.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 6:54pm On Dec 06, 2009
snowdrops:

99% of Edo state citizens now realize that he is an abysmal failure.
with the statics you got from your cubicle?

paddy_lo:

see mugu. . .r u making any sense?they say a picture tells a thousand words

so take the pics and post here,and stop abusing ppl unnecessarily. . .like a bit*ch cool

Noted! i don't have a Digital camera, and my iphone has some issues, i ll see what can be done.
thanks cheesy
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2009
Paroh_frey:

because it is now their state of origin, it is no more a waste of money - double talk.
Whose state of Origin? are you trying to bring in Ethnocentrism into the issue?
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by 9ijaprince(m): 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2009
How many Dubai are we going to have in this country? Tomorrow Zamfara will join suit.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by MrCrackles(m): 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2009
What is this nonsense about all states turning into Dubai sef angry angry angry
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2009
Who doesnt know that the dude who started this thread is on Oshiomole's payroll?

I mean, how could the ever blabbing, scared, incapacitated and incompetent governor be changing Edo to Dubai?

What a joke.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

9ijaprince:

How many Dubai are we going to have in this country? Tomorrow Zamfara will join suit.
what is your problem? people always complain about Nigeria this and that, this and that, when people finally step forth with an ambition to turn their city/area into Dubai (i think Dubai is used only as an example to express how much they want to drastically change the area) then people want to ask silly questions like that.
ah ahn!! so what if they want to transfer everywhere into Dubai. is it a crime?
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by paddylo1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2009
Who doesnt know that the dude who started this thread is on Oshiomole's payroll?

I mean, how could the ever blabbing, scared, incapacitated and incompetent governor be changing Edo to Dubai?

What a joke.

i dont know about your other adjectives,but i wouldnt use the word scared to describe oshiomole

afterall he held his own through the brutual military rule dictatorships of ibb and abacha
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2009
nuzo:

What a joke.
 it's funny, cos you blab as well in Nairaland, maybe even more cheesy
Ohiomole is an example of how a Nigerian Governor should be.
Imagine taking over a state that has been rubbished by previous administration for close to 10 years.
  he is finally restoring the master plan of the state!
but i would not undermine the facts that he talks too much, but at least some Governors cant even express themselves.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

what is your problem? people always complain about Nigeria this and that, this and that, when people finally step forth with an ambition to turn their city/area into Dubai (i think Dubai is used only as an example to express how much they want to drastically change the area) then people want to ask silly questions like that.
ah ahn!! so what if they want to transfer everywhere into Dubai. is it a crime?

Silly girl! cheesy

Am very sure Nigerians will be so grateful to see their leaders replicate the development as seen in Dubai.
The previous posters are only mad cos of the lies, hypocrisy and bastardization of "Dubai" by dubious Nigerian politicians.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:10pm On Dec 06, 2009
nuzo:

Silly girl! cheesy

Am very sure Nigerians will be so grateful to see their leaders replicate the development as seen in Dubai.
The previous posters are only mad cos of the lies, hypocrisy and bastardization of "Dubai" by dubious Nigerian politicians.
stu.pid guy, you can say whatever you want.
people always talk trash without giving the guy a second to post pics.
what is your problem?
when the pics come, then we shall know.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 7:10pm On Dec 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

i am sure every one would like his/her state to look like Dubai, at least for a Country Rich in abundance of great natural resources and human potentials.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by brownbonno(m): 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2009
The Comrade Governor performance so far in his one year in office score below 20%.No major work has been done except filling of put holes along Airport road,Resurfacing of Ring road and the beautification project.Demolition of ILLEGAL structures,employment of over 4000 youths that are not geared towards productivity rather fuse them into the existing non productive civil servants.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2009
paddy_lo:

i dont know about your other adjectives,but i wouldnt use the word scared to describe oshiomole

afterall he held his own through the brutual military rule dictatorships of ibb and abacha

The press made you think so.

kosovo:

it's funny, cos you blab as well in Nairaland, maybe even more cheesy
Ohiomole is an example of how a Nigerian Governor should be.
Imagine taking over a state that has been rubbished by previous administration for close to 10 years.
  he is finally restoring the master plan of the state!
but i would not undermine the facts that he talks too much, but at least some Governors cant even express themselves.

What is the master plan he's restoring?
Dem go kill cow for you before you post pictures to back up your claims?
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by paddylo1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2009
The press made you think so.

not really,cause i was in lagos growing up at the time. . .

he would call for strikes,and shut down everything in confrontation with the military

he was locked up,a couple of times also
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2009
brownbonno:

The Comrade Governor performance so far in his [b]one year in office score below 20%.[/b]No major work has been done except filling of put holes along Airport road,Resurfacing of Ring road and the beautification project.Demolition of ILLEGAL structures,employment of over 4000 youths that are not geared towards productivity rather fuse them into the existing non productive civil servants.

that was the score Given by PDP,
Would PDP praise the person who drove them out of power?
   Without a Plan you waste public funds and tax payers money, the Governor has been able get most of the issues Right. .
  Abolition of illegal ticketing
  Demolition of all illegal structures
  Employment of over 4,000 Citizens
  Lifting the 8 year embargo on employment
  Elimination of Ghost Workers by introducing E-payments
  Discouraging street trading
  Rehabilitation of Roads.
  Beautification of the City
   and lots more, all in one year!
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by brownbonno(m): 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2009
Benin Master plan is the basic thing the Edolites need most.
People should ask why the Governor is always going to UBTH to rescure patients and pay for the medical bill.What happy to the the Government hospitals in Benin City ?
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

stu.pid guy, you can say whatever you want.
people always talk trash without giving the guy a second to post pics.
what is your problem?
when the pics come, then we shall know.

Sharrap dia!
You actually believe the dude is serious with the topic? I mean, do you believe there's any place in Edo where you can see what one sees in Dubai?
Abegi!
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 7:22pm On Dec 06, 2009
brownbonno:

Benin Master plan is the basic thing the Edolites need most.
People should ask why the Governor is always going to UBTH to rescure patients and pay for the medical bill.What happy to the the Government hospitals in Benin City ?
what do you mean by your statement? can u elucidate ?
  i thought Federal and state were both regarded as a Government.
 Not that the Governor went to one private hospital.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2009
nuzo:

Sharrap dia!
You actually believe the dude is serious with the topic? I mean, do you believe there's any place in Edo where you can see what one sees in Dubai?
Abegi!
So English is this Difficult?
i Never said Benin has changed to Dubai, did you read the subject?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Denies Abolishing Monthly Sanitation / Sokoto Deputy Governor Denies Resigning From PDP / Two Men Who Saved Nig From Collapse Without Knowing & Died For It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.