Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,233 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. (8880 Views)

Video & Photos Gov Oshiomole Dancing And Grooving Wit His Newly Wedded Wife / 'I Am Capable & Strong To Do What Young People Do' - Gov Oshiomole / Pastor Treks From Benin City To Abuja For Buhari [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by brownbonno(m): 7:26pm On Dec 06, 2009
kosovo:

what do you mean by your statement? can u elucidate ?
   i thought Federal and state were both regarded as a Government.
  Not that the Governor went to one private hospital.

I mean what is happening to the State hospitals in Benin.
Kosovo,
You cannot rule from diaspora,so you don't know the state of things in Benin
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2009
kosovo:

So English is this Difficult?
i Never said Benin has changed to Dubai, did you read the subject?

You said "changing" meaning there are things on ground already, of which you have refused to provide pictorial evidence. Or do you mean "have plans to change?"
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Beaf: 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
@kosovo
I found a few pictures on the Edo state website http://www.edostate.gov.ng/gallery.php
But those pictures don't say much. It might just be lousy PR, but there doesn't seem to be a lot happening, in fact the areas were drains are being fixed are not the ones that are most prone to flooding. There are quite a few pictures of work at Joromi and College roads (both off Ekenwan road), there is one of desilting at Ugbowo. There are none for the worst flooding areas; Sakpoba and Uselu.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by brownbonno(m): 7:44pm On Dec 06, 2009
Let the Edo people give Comrade Governor more time to articulate himself and perform.At the moment he is still at the planning stage.

Kosovo,
Give us situation report of the following roads,
1. 2nd east circular Road
2. Siloko Road
3.Upper Siloko road(Teacher's house)
4.Sakpoba/3rd Junction
5.5 Junction(Uselu/Urubi)
6.Adesuwa Road(GRA)
7.Nearly all roads in GRA
8.Dawson/Iyaro
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2009
Over to you kosovo.,those benin boys do show
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2009
brownbonno:

Let the Edo people give Comrade Governor more time to articulate himself and perform.At the moment he is still at the planning stage.

Kosovo,
Give us situation report of the following roads,
1. 2nd east circular Road
2. Siloko Road
3.Upper Siloko road(Teacher's house)
4.Sakpoba/3rd Junction
5.5 Junction(Uselu/Urubi)
6.Adesuwa Road(GRA)
7.Nearly all roads in GRA
8.Dawson/Iyaro

okies
2 and 3 have been awarded to hiTECH construction company for the sum of N2.5Billion
   the terms are to tar, create side walks, drainage and street lights.

the Battalions of Machinery coming to the state, belongs to them

5. would be worked upon Once the construction of 6 lanes in Ugbowo is in progress,
 According to Government, Julius Berger came and are yet to report to the Government.

1 and 8, work has commenced there.

6 and 7 are covered in the 2009 Budget.

3. i have no Idea of that one.

~Bluetooth:

Over to you kosovo.,those benin boys do show
no comment!
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by brownbonno(m): 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2009
kosovo:

okies
2 and 3 have been awarded to hiTECH construction company for the sum of N2.5Billion
the terms are to tar, create side walks, drainage and street lights.

the Battalions of Machinery coming to the state, belongs to them

5. would be worked upon Once the construction of 6 lanes in Ugbowo is in progress,
According to Government, Julius Berger came and are yet to report to the Government.

1 and 8, work has commenced there.

6 and 7 are covered in the 2009 Budget.

3. i have no Idea of that one.

no comment!

Dear NLers,
We have long be hearing about the contract and work will start by August,as we speak nothing has started.
2nd East circular is one of the long roads in Benin and is still as at yesterday evening no sign of men at work.
Kosovo,
All your information are misleading.Please verify your claims before posting.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 8:41pm On Dec 06, 2009
brownbonno:

Dear NLers,
We have long be hearing about the contract and work will start by August,as we speak nothing has started.
2nd East circular is one of the long roads in Benin and is still as at yesterday evening no sign of men at work.
Kosovo,
All your information are misleading.Please verify your claims before posting.
  i thought you were in London, how come you know so much more?

if anyone who has been to Benin in the last 2 days seconds your opinion, i ll rest my case.
   Thank you!
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by brownbonno(m): 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2009
kosovo:

if anyone that has been to Benin in the last 2 days seconds your opinion, i ll rest my case.
   Thank you!

Kosovo,

No normal thinking human being will supportyou on this occassion am afraid.
I know you are only getting your information from a third party.But let the truth be told.Comrade Governor administration have not started construction of roads,although he has filled few pot holes.Edo people are still ready to give him more time to roll out the long awaited development.
Can you also let us know the state of the Hopitals in Benin especially the Central hospital.What about water,people are left with private bore holes.
Can you let us know where the over 4,000 employed youth are deployed ?
Do you know illegal parking is with a fine of N25,000 or N7,000 if you NEGOTIATE ?
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by snowdrops(m): 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2009
kosovo:

if anyone who has been to Benin in the last 2 days seconds your opinion, i ll rest my case.
Thank you!
Kosovo you probably had your allocation looted from Edo states treasury increased recently; there must be no other explanation for your bizarre behaviour this evening
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2009
brownbonno:

Kosovo,

No normal thinking human being will supportyou on this occassion am afraid.
I know you are only getting your information from a third party.But let the truth be told.Comrade Governor administration have not started construction of roads,although he has filled few pot holes.Edo people are still ready to give him more time to roll out the long awaited development.
Can you also let us know the state of the Hopitals in Benin especially the Central hospital.What about water,people are left with private bore holes.

Do you know illegal parking is with a fine of N25,000 or N7,000 if you NEGOTIATE ?
  talking too much is not my type,
as regarding construction of Roads, i saw it clearly
2 days Ago, Gov Oshiomole disclosed that money has been released for the procurement of 6 massive drilling rigs for Edo south to provide water.
The Hospitals have not gotten any overhaul yet.
wait . .  you expect the Governor to touch all sector in one year? That's why Nigeria is in its present state, Nigerians always dream of the impossible.

Can you let us know where the over 4,000 employed youth are deployed ?
To say that your are unaware of the employment and further asking this Question has put all your claims to shame,
    This was the Governor song during his one year in office celebration.

I know you are only getting your information from a third party
Now, it is clear you are getting your information from a PDP member. cheesy
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2009
snowdrops:

Kosovo you probably had your allocation looted from Edo states treasury increased recently; there must be no other explanation for your bizarre behaviour this evening
huh?
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by brownbonno(m): 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2009
kosovo:

talking too much is not my type,
as regarding construction of Roads, i saw it clearly
2 days Ago, Gov Oshiomole disclosed that money has been released for the procurement of 6 massive drilling rigs for Edo south to provide water.
The Hospitals have not gotten any overhaul yet.
wait . . you expect the Governor to touch all sector in one year? That's why Nigeria is in its present state, Nigerians always dream of the impossible.
To say that your are unaware of the employment and further asking this Question has put all your claims to shame,
This was the Governor song during his one year in office celebration.
Now, it is clear you are getting your information from a PDP member. cheesy

Kosovo,

You are not current,the drilling machines are already on ground for a while now.
The over 4,000 employed youth have been deployed to various ministries with no clear function and not even seats to sit on.Give us a pic of the roads under construction.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2009
l
brownbonno:

Kosovo,

You are not current,the drilling machines are already on ground for a while now.
The over 4,000 employed youth have been deployed to various ministries with no clear function and not even seats to sit on. Give us a pic of the roads under construction.
my answer to that, can be found on the first page!
thank you,
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Parohfrey(f): 12:57am On Dec 07, 2009
dubai ko - kosovo ni
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by aieromon(m): 2:31am On Dec 07, 2009
Benin still looks shitty to me.Bad roads everywhere.The only good thing is the demolition of illegal structures on major highways and around the markets.
Roads are still bad,kosovo and i heard that the witches are preventing the take-off of  road construction/rehabilitation. undecided
Dubai,i laugh grin grin grin

By the way,i would have loved to post pics of Benin City roads and streets but i love my guv'nor and wouldn't want to ''fall his hand''.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by OvieE: 3:01am On Dec 07, 2009
Poster, you are a dumb and dumber. Isn't that Benin city I was in just past May of 2009. It was a horrible place. The roads are hell. I thought ore road was the worst. If u see Benin roads is like a place earthquake hitted. And by the way, apart from Benin main roads, every other roads are red sands, red sands and red sands. That was my very first time I have really enter Benin city apart from passing to Lagos and Delta State and it was hell. My judgement was that (I ask myself) why is every Nigeria cities look like hell and the same. The poster must be that ugly government backup to spread news that do not exist around. Poster, u will never seek support here. Nice try. Maybe u will favor if u post pix but remember, we know how Benin city look like some choose ur pix wisely.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by oyinda3(f): 3:05am On Dec 07, 2009
i want to see pics as well. seeing is believing tongue
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by paddylo1(m): 4:13am On Dec 07, 2009
why is every Nigeria cities look like hell

apparently u have never been to lagos,abuja,calabar,enugu,phc. . .
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:14am On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

apparently u have never been to lagos,abuja,calabar,enugu,phc. . .
the exact places i wanna spend a good amout of time in. lol
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 4:40am On Dec 07, 2009
OvieE:

Poster, you are a dumb and dumber. Isn't that Benin city I was in just past May of 2009. It was a horrible place. .
Do you realize we are in December?
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 07, 2009
Oshiomhole has charismam and political will to lead the state.Edo state politics has always been about tony anenih and if the state could have a governor that doesn't recognize anenih,then i give kudos to oshiomhole;have we forgotten what happened to ladoja in the hand of Adedibu? Oshiomhole came into power and demystify government,giving hope to common man that they could get to become a governor one day.He doesn't only award contracts,he also INSPECTS and SUPERVISES which is very rare among our excellences.Lets give him more time afterall guy is only a year in office!
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by rasputinn(m): 8:41am On Dec 07, 2009
PICTURES PLEASE cool
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by vowiski(m): 10:53am On Dec 07, 2009
any pictures?
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Seun(m): 11:14am On Dec 07, 2009
Dubai is broke.  Governors trying to turn their states into Dubai should take heed. wink
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by snowdrops(m): 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2009
Maybe the next cliche will be "changing ****** to the 9th wonder of the world"
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Baro(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2009
Oshiomhole is working at a pace no other governor has done, except Ogbemudia. But i am not carried away by what he is doing, what would make me doff my hat for him, would be the longevity/durability and maintenance of these projects, else we would be back to square one after a year or 2. Time will judge the Comrade Governor.

I will try to get some pics and post.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by snowdrops(m): 4:52pm On Dec 07, 2009
Baro:

Oshiomhole is working at a pace no other governor has done, except Ogbemudia. But i am not carried away by what he is doing, what would make me doff my hat for him, would be the longevity/durability and maintenance of these projects, else we would be back to square one after a year or 2. Time will judge the Comrade Governor.

I will try to get some pics and post.
The end of the dry season that is. He as his predecessors gave the rains as the reason he FAILED to construct a single road in Edo state.
The roads mentioned above were patched. I personally saw these.
Oshiomhole has been making noise all year; he has refurbished ring road at a cost of an astounishing 900 million naira.
Lets hope he keeps the decibel level down this drying season and get to work [not looting, my bad grin].
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by ChapelleS: 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2009
Dubai is in $60bn debt,what we want is Abu Dhabi
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
@snowdrops
he has refurbished ring road at a cost of an astounishing 900 million naira.
Lets hope he keeps the decibel level down this drying season and get to work [not looting, my bad
You are wrong!
The entire Beautification exercise going on in the city costs N900 million.
IF you ask me, it's a fair amount, other Administrations have spent far larger amounts of money, without seeing a bulldozer
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by brownbonno(m): 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2009
kosovo:

@snowdrops You are wrong!
IF you ask me, it's a fair amount, other Administrations have spent far larger amounts of money, without seeing a bulldozer

Can you tell us the parameter of the beautification within the ring road axis(Sapele rd,Airport rd,Oba market rd,Mission rd,Akpakpava rd and Forestry)
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by snowdrops(m): 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2009
kosovo:

@snowdrops You are wrong!
well we will find out if he had been prudent in spending when the next administration/EFCC starts probing his government.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn / Ondo Labor Leaders Received ‘threat’ Messages For Suspending 30-day Strike / Heineken Lokpobiri: Nigeria's Oil Production Now 1.7 Million Barrels Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.