Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. (8881 Views)

Video & Photos Gov Oshiomole Dancing And Grooving Wit His Newly Wedded Wife / 'I Am Capable & Strong To Do What Young People Do' - Gov Oshiomole / Pastor Treks From Benin City To Abuja For Buhari [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by mamagee3(f): 2:06am On Dec 10, 2009
Businessmen in Nigeria made Dubai broke. grin grin
They are always going there to buy their goods
Now, they've sucked the poor country dry
. tongue
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by Parohfrey(f): 2:28am On Dec 10, 2009
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by jona2: 2:52am On Dec 10, 2009

Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by mamagee3(f): 2:53am On Dec 10, 2009
^^What city is that? undecided
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by mamagee3(f): 10:50pm On Dec 19, 2009
What kind of Daft Governor is that? undecided
He's trying to imitate a broke country,
What a Dunce
!!! angry
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by brownbonno(m): 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2009
In 2009 budget he emphasize on Benin city-

The governor stated that the thrust of the budget was capital projects, hence 60 per cent of the budget was allocated to that sector.

A breakdown shows that N14.60 billion was voted for roads, N10.70 billion was allocated to drainage, erosion and flooding control in Benin City, the state capital. "The road construction projects will be integrated with efforts to address the flooding challenge and generally beautify the city. These substantial allocations to roads, drainages and beautification constitute part of our broader strategy of gradually but steadily transforming our capital city into a 21st century metropolis.[/i]http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-29606.html

Here we are again 2010 budget he is focusing on the same issue with no positive link to economic development of the state.

[i]The governor said that the priority areas in the proposed budget would focus on massive road construction, flooding and erosion control and primary and secondary education as about 54 percent of the total capital budget has been allocated to roads, erosion /flood control and environmental beautification

http://www.compassnews.net/Ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=36721:oshiomhole-presents-n9925b-2010-budget-to-assembly&catid=43:news&Itemid=799

Compare these to his agos state counterpart with a clear visionary outlay-

On the sectoral allocations, its demarcation follows the standardised format set by International Development Agencies (IDAs) such as the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF). Sectorally, economic affairs received the highest share of about N145.160 billion (33.79 per cent); general public service gets the second largest allocation of N105 billion (24.58%) while the education sector clinches the third largest allocation of N60.041 (13.985 per cent
http://allafrica.com/stories/200911270585.html

Lets wait and give him more years complete circle,will possibly no excuse for a failure.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2009
Compare these to his agos state counterpart with a clear visionary outlay-
      ONLY if you knew that the state was has in total neglect for 10 years, unlike Lagos where Tinubu had a clear vision and was transferred to fashiola,
                some people just think in a Dumb! way,  OUCH!!!
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by brownbonno(m): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2009
kosovo:

ONLY if you knew that the state was has in total neglect for 10 years, unlike Lagos where Tinubu had a clear vision and was transferred to fashiola,

Haba thought we where discussing with a matured mind.
my issues was
Here we are again 2010 budget he is focusing on the same issue with no positive link to economic development of the state.
How do you govern a hungry man,lets wait and see.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by snowdrops(m): 8:13pm On Dec 20, 2009
kosovo:

Quite immatured for a moderator.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by BrutusOne: 9:40am On Dec 21, 2009
This poster is an idiot! And it is unfortunate that he's a moderator - he needs to be fired. This guy is probably the worse governor among the lot (albeit, he's better than Lucky). Flowers and paint makes for a Dubai – now, why are all the other Governors not following suit.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by nex(m): 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2010
On Siloku Road construction of drainage is ongoing.

On Upper Siloku, the Governor has said he would do nothing.

At 5 Junction, the status quo remains unchanged.

Adesuwa Road is a complete disaster.

@kosovo

it was good that you confess that it was the governor who disclosed the release of funds to you.

I just came back from Benin City on Friday, and I've been back and forth Benin and Lagos more than 20 times since December 2009. I don't know these things of which you speak.

Are you saying that because the governor sang a song, that makes those claims true? 4,000 employed? To where na? Doing what?

What I know for certain is that Oshiomhole demolished. But he hasn't constructed nada!

Imagine a governor that can boldly and publicly declare that he is concentrating 70% of the state budget on Benin City alone, yet we're using microscopes to look for the works this 70% has done.

If Fashola decides to concentrate 70% of Lagos budget on Ikeja, do you know the suffering which those in other parts will go through?
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by kosovo(m): 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
@nex
  i do not need a prophet to tell me that you are a PDP member.  . .
But i have to completely disagree with your statement, because i was in benin some time ago and what i saw blew me out of the water.

construction  works with side-drains, side walks, and street lights,  in siloko road  has already started

6 lanes construction of Ugbowo-lagos road has already started.

6 lanes construction of Airport road up to galegale sea port has already started.

Akapapava, Road construction has started there.

Construction of Oba market road and axis is also going on.

Two massive drilling rigs has been acquired for Edo central. . . A place known to lack water for many years.

and lots more that i can't write. . . This time around work is being done across the 18 local government of the state.

what actually blew me away was the construction of side-walks on every road being constructed. All side-drains are Covered. unlike previous administration where they just dig open drainage leaving it to blockage by debris. the inclusion of street lights on every road under construction and existing roads is also commendable. .

Unfortunately it seems we did not go to the same place at almost the same time, becos i did not see what you saw.  and i do not know how that's possible. . . meaning some one must be lying here! C'mon . . .
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by concrete: 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2010
stop lying

i was just there and will be back ther eby thrusday

there has been a lot of DE-construction, but very very little RE-construction as of yet and other thatn ring road/king's square, there are no dayum flowers planted anywhere lipsrsealed

he is working at a snail's pace
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by snowdrops(m): 7:24pm On Mar 30, 2010
concrete:

stop lying

i was just there and will be back ther eby thrusday

there has been a lot of DE-construction, but very very little RE-construction as of yet and other thatn ring road/king's square, there are no dayum flowers planted anywhere lipsrsealed

he is working at a snail's pace
True talk.

@ kosovo
Where you not a moderator i would have given you a dressing down for [delibrate] misinformation.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. by joe1975: 2:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
Sign up with Nigerian online marketplace for manufacturers, suppliers, importers, exporters and buyers. http://www.youandbuyer.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News:levi Ajounoma Group General Manager Nnpc Resigns / African Association Of Automotive Manufacturers And Buhari Pictured / Ondo 2020: IGP Deploys Over 33,000 Personnel For Poll, Warns Political Thugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.