Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,310 members, 7,839,500 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) (88416 Views)

How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa / Obituary And 'Burial' Of Saraki By Senator Omo-Agege's Constituency (Photos) / Plot To Sack Saraki By Governor & Ex-Governor Turned Minister Thickens- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by jjjjj2017: 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
Boyooosa:
THIS OONI SEF, HE JUST DEY FALL MY HAND. SMALL TYM NOW, PPLE GO DEY CLAMOUR FOR YOUTH TO RULE, NA ONE YOUNG RULER DEY DO LIKE OLOBE... SHAME! ANYWAY, HE IS NOT ALAKE OF EGBA SHA, I THANK GOD FOR THAT.
You dey mind that small yahoo boy made king?
The idiot ascend the throne with the assistance of APC abracadabra, no thanks to those corrupt kingmakers.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by StamfordTraford: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
what else where you expecting from an Afonja? Always unstable and ready to sell out.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
Saraki!!!!!!

The principality himself
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
This a simply humility.

You guys will not understand it!

Oni is a simple man......and he doesn't allow his position becloud his person!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
Well i know my oba can't do such, oba ghator kpere!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Eluwilussit(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
omenka:
Not sure but I think the Ooni goofed on this one.

He should understand the enormity of the office he occupies. If he had shaken hands this way with another First Class traditional ruler MUCH OLDER than himself, no biggie.. ..but to a politician just about his peer with a very sordid image. ..nah.

Based on this picture, I agree with u completely. On the other hand, we may need to see a more detailed picture showing both men's positions, from head to toe, to understand fully what transpired.

I will cut my good friend and brother, the Ooni of The Great Ife, some slack. Long live the Ooni!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by sanpipita(m): 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
Afonjas and their overbloated sense of arrogance, did the ooni die after bowing to saraki? now i know why our leaders are harsh and brute cos we expect them strict to show they are powerful anything otherwise is seen as weakness or foolishness.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by kunlery1000(m): 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
when I first saw the picture I thought ONI sat down to greet SARAKI ni.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by tafabaloo(m): 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
Meant Saraki is greater than Oduduwa !

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
Una too like wahala..

He was sitting down while Saraki approached him.. Not literally prostrating.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
ihimiray:
This yeye Oba just dey fall hand, na so the other dey he allow Adeboye sit on top he chair...

No be d same ooni marry third hand wife? The man is a complete low life boot licker.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Agbaletu: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
tee83:

With time, he will. Same thing that happened when Awujale of Ijebuland was a teenger. Imagine 21 years old Oba then.
Wow at 21!
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by omenka(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
Amarabae:
we are not in monarcharial system of government.
Saraki is far above him in ranking, he is the no.3 citizen on the country.
Obama bowed to King of Saudi Arabia because they practised a loosed emirate shaped monacharial system of government.
Btw the Ooni should not be seen at every event, he will become so common to people.
You don't see the Oba of Benin in an event, he comes out just few times.
People visit him, He does not visit.
No wonder, the Benin monarchy attracts respect.
Don't know what you meant by "monarcharial" but I think the word you were looking for is monarchical.

That said, the propriety of whether or not he bows to Saraki actually depends on context/location. If Saraki is in his domain, he should have no reason whatsoever to accord him such "respect". If Saraki goes to his domain, say for an event, and protocol is being observed, his name would surely be mentioned before that if the SP. I don't know where this took place, hence the uncertainty in my tone earlier.

In addition, this happened at a result of the person of the Ooni himself. He is sometimes too humble for the stool he occupies. That is just who he is. Imagine the Oba of Lagos doing this, impossible I hear you say- yet you can't compare him to the Ooni of Ife.

Lastly, Obama did what he did because he was in the King's Palace, and because that's his personality. Putin would never do such even if he were in the King's bedroom!

Hope you dig.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
austinosita:
This a simply humility.

You guys will not understand it!

Oni is a simple man......and he doesn't allow his position becloud his person!

There is a huge difference between humility and timidity just in case you don't know.

6 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
jjjjj2017:

You dey mind that small yahoo boy made king?
The idiot ascend the throne with the assistance of APC abracadabra, no thanks to those corrupt kingmakers.

No thanks to tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by sshalom(m): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
There is nothing wrong in the way he greeted him; the Ooni is a humble king and it is always good to stay that way!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Well i know my oba can't do such, oba ghator kpere!

And they claim the ooni is bigger than the great Oba of Benin. I tell you what, the ooni will prostrate with his belly flat on the floor if he comes before our great Oba of Benin Empire. Oba ghator pkere!! Itse!!!

10 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by maxysmith(f): 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
May Sense fall on you tongue tongue
OgaBuhari:
will you get out?

Can't you see that saraki is greater than the Ooni and allafin and even Oba by virtue of his office.

All these Yoloba slaves sef. TUFIAKWA

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by NosaHenry(m): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
Looked like he was sitted and tried to stand up. They should provide a better picture that show the whole scene

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by IshaqAyinde(m): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
madridguy:
Even as anti-Saraki, I think people should stop complaining about this cos what's inside Saraki is bigger than any oracle. Al Kitaab is bigger than any oracle and reason why you hardly see ilorin people prostrate or bow for any king.

Same thing happened to every American President when they visit Saudi Arabia. You must bow.
You nailed it.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by tomdon(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
Dotwillis1:
This is what happen when you make an "ajebutter" a king undecided

Meanwhile

Who's an ajebutter??
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by OgaBuhari: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
maxysmith:
May Sense fall on you tongue tongue
hahaha big black dicck fall on you. Miss afonja

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by gbishman: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
Oba gha tor kpere itse. Royalty is ordained by God not Man

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
Xda59:
[sub][/sub]

And they claim the ooni is bigger than the great Oba of Benin. I tell you what, the ooni will prostrate with his belly flat on the floor if he comes before our great Oba of Benin Empire. Oba ghator pkere!! Itse!!!
Edo ore odion!

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by PNEUMA0001: 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
abhosts:
That image is deceptive.

Ooni was standing up to greet him. He was not bowing down.
Guy you seem to be the only one with brain from the beginning of this thread, to say some whose family are not known at all are talking lightly of the Oni. SMH
Saraki was the one bending to greet Oni who was seated but the Oni who is well known for his humility stood to receive saraki's handshake.
The lion is very vulnerable yet king of the jungle.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
oduastates:
Definitely not worthy of a king.
I am talking about the guy and not the act.
Most of the obas in yorubaland are not kings.
No grooming or preparation for the post.

The timid ooni was installed by politicians. Everything has been wrong from day one with this man. First he married a third hand wife, attends common parties, conducted church service in the palace (which is the heght of hypocrisy), visits people and politicians in their homes, allowed adeboye to sit on his throne, now he is almost on his knees greeting saraki, and the worst is yet to come. No wonder oba akiolu treats the boot licker like the trash that he is.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
Mumu ooni very soon him go prostrate before davido grin and some yorubas were comparing him with the great oba of benin

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by selfmadeboss: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
WeShallSee:
Ooni was sitting,
Saraki had just arrived; standing.

Both of them used their two hands to greet..Out of respect for their offices.

Ooni represents the people of Ife (or by extension; the Yorubas)
Saraki represents all the 109 representatives of Nigeria.

Let's keep our sentiments aside, many of you here will bow down to greet saraki if you were ever opportuned.

In this particular scenario, the Ooni held his stool high by remaining seated.

What more do you want ??

Besides, for people like Ooni and co whose stools are for life, a great deal of humility is required or else they earn the wrath of God as time goes by. It's not easy to be a leader for life.

Deal with that. #WeShallSee
i dont bow to greet any useless mortal except my mum and dad. biatch just stfu.
life is sweeter when you learn to call a spade a spade and not a rake

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by ALAYORMII: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
This man is so much disrespecting the exalted stool on which he sits
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
Xda59:

leave that thing bros.see you.na just the person of the oni.Benin stool go check history. na oduduwa son oranmiyan go Benin go put una queen belle come give una,royal blood wey una dey carry till this day.Google am if na lie.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
Viergeachar:

And with age...
He's a typical enterpreneur.
Enterpreneurs stoop to conquer.
He must have acted unconsciously.

He is confirmed boot licker!
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Honeyking(m): 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
grin ;DIt shows that the Ooni gat home training.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: Old Men That Stoned, Dragged And Beat Ex Deputy Senate President / PDP Monitoring Edo Election From Situation Room (Photos) / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.