Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,309 members, 7,839,500 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) (88415 Views)

How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa / Obituary And 'Burial' Of Saraki By Senator Omo-Agege's Constituency (Photos) / Plot To Sack Saraki By Governor & Ex-Governor Turned Minister Thickens- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by somehow: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
Abeg shut up pls. The history you're talking about is greater than your capacity.
4FACEADELEKE:

leave that thing bros.see you.na just the person of the oni.Benin stool go check history. na oduduwa son oranmiyan go Benin go put una queen belle come give una,royal blood wey una dey carry till this day.Google am if na lie.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by peacemara54(m): 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
Check my signature
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
4FACEADELEKE:

leave that thing bros.see you.na just the person of the oni.Benin stool go check history. na oduduwa son oranmiyan go Benin go put una queen belle come give una,royal blood wey una dey carry till this day.Google am if na lie.

All dat na fabricated story and the result is what you are seeing. Oduduwa is prince ekaladerhan of bini. The yorubas are trying in vain to turn history on its head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Mcreloaded(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
WeShallSee:
Ooni was sitting,
Saraki had just arrived; standing.

Both of them used their two hands to greet..Out of respect for their offices.

Ooni represents the people of Ife (or by extension; the Yorubas)
Saraki represents all the 109 representatives of Nigeria.

Let's keep our sentiments aside, many of you here will bow down to greet saraki if you were ever opportuned.

In this particular scenario, the Ooni held his stool high by remaining seated.

What more do you want ??

Besides, for people like Ooni and co whose stools are for life, a great deal of humility is required or else they earn the wrath of God as time goes by. It's not easy to be a leader for life.

Deal with that. #WeShallSee

True talk
Nice damage control and nicely said
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by oyienootieno: 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ooni fall my hand big time....

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by salford1: 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
disgusting. The oba of lagos was right after all.

He was not meant to get up from his seat. He was meant to greet saraki with a wave of hand. Can saraki shake the oba of lagos or the emir of ilorin like this?
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by bluecircle470: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
ihimiray:
This yeye Oba just dey fall hand, na so the other dey he allow Adeboye sit on top he chair...

He was brought up well and not like the Yeye tribal fistic man grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Icon79(m): 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
He's a typical Afonja, what do you expect?

He's just acting true to form - bowing before his Hausa/Fulani overlords.

O pari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Jaiyeola24(m): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
Saraki is bigger than Oodua!

Saraki is bigger than alaafin!

Saraki is bigger than awolowo!

Saraki is bigger than Akintola!

Saraki is bigger than Ige!

Saraki is bigger than Williams !

Saraki is bigger than Falae !

Saraki is bigger than Abiola !

Saraki is bigger than Adedibu!

Infact Saraki gangan LOOSHA!!!!!!

Come and beat me am in my sitting room.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by dyemida(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
CastedDude:
Some online users have been left bewildered following this photo of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi "humbly" greeting senate president, Bukola Saraki at the wedding of Ayomide Amosun, daughter of Ogun state governor, Ibikunle Amosun to Oladipupo Erewa, the son of Senior Special Assistant to president Buhari on Foreign Relations and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa...

Some feel that the highly revered monarch was not meant to greet the politician like that due to his recognized status - as it was meant to be the other way round.

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/seen-ooni-ife-greeted-bukola-saraki-got-people-talking.html

Yo guys should see that it's only a camera angle.
Ooni was probably just rising from his seat.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by salford1: 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
madridguy:
Even as anti-Saraki, I think people should stop complaining about this cos what's inside Saraki is bigger than any oracle. Al Kitaab is bigger than any oracle and reason why you hardly see ilorin people prostrate or bow for any king.

Same thing happened to every American President when they visit Saudi Arabia. You must bow.

so ilorin is now saudi arabia?
did trump's wife not shake hands of the saudi king with her hair uncovered and not bowing or bent at the knee?
afonja descendent.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Sijiosho(m): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
its quite obvious the Ooni was in a sitting position and was standing up

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Praktikals(m): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
989900:
I will like to see the video before I comment
You are the only reasonable person among those who have commented so far
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Ola4shure(m): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
Try to quiet about this issue, but some unreasonable comment wudnt jst let me be,
First of all , a year old baby even knw that the ooni was sitting down , and u cud see that saraki was going towards him to greet him with handshake , and as a well trained Yoruba son, courtesy demand he stand to shake him, but u cud also see that saraki was also bending before he meet up with him,
With logic and reasoning u wil see that he was sitting . And for clearer view u can download the video,
(It's Abike dabiri son's wedding)
#just my own view, stand to be corrected
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by salford1: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
dyemida:

That is the problem. he is not meant to rise.
Obasanjo is bigger than saraki yet postrated for the ooni. Note: they are not respecting the lad on the throne, but the throne itself. Now the throne is being disrespected. He is not even meant to be in such gathering to be honest. He should have sent representatives.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Kendroid: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
Wetin konsign me grin grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Oju4190: 4:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ha.ooni u fall my hand. No wonder d oba of Lagos snubbed u.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Praktikals(m): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
Sijiosho:
its quite obvious the Ooni was in a sitting position and was standing up
Your head is there.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Melian(f): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
WeShallSee:
Ooni was sitting,
Saraki had just arrived; standing.

Deal with that. #WeShallSee

Rubbish. Humility is overrated. Makes u look like a footstool. No wonder he was rubbished by the oba of lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by seunmsg(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
he is a Political Oba so you will see more disgrace from him as the days go by

Are you always this silly? Carry your hate and go away.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by chibuzorAbia: 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
GQman:
Looks like the Ooni should be dethroned.
And a true royal put on the throne.
Kini gbogbo nonsense yi?

This useless over-humble idiot should be dethroned as soon as possibe! !

This nonsense is to be expected from that warrant officer in Onitcha not the reverred king of Ile-ife.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by oduastates: 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
Back in the days of yore you couldn't look at the king straight in eyes.
This guy is simply made of the wrong stuffs. I would rather have a confirmed illiterate with knowledge of ancient traditions, culture and religion than this fella.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
Xda59:

There is a huge difference between humility and timidity just in case you don't know.

You call that timidity!?

My humble submission: That is his person. He has been like that even before he became the Oni. He's a simple man. He was calm with akiolu even after being embarrassed. This is not the first time he's doing such! He shows huge respect to both young and old, irrespective of status. If you feel he does all these because he's not confident or he's not man enough, then what can I say?........it's your opinion!

#Some people are wired differently. Title, status, position.....(what have you?) nor be anything to them! E nor dey shack dem cha cha!

Naija like to show ogarity for natin undecided
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by xangerar: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Agbaletu:
It's like the Ooni's stool is bigger than the current occupier. The same revere Oonirinsa will be in the Church. Ooni should start seeing himself as an Oracle and not an ordinary person.
I tire for Kabiyesi. I also think its time for His Majesty to know he shont attend all "rice and beans" gatherings and be seen usually and ordinarily in every public event. Such a private personal social function as the wedding between one boy whose mother is a big woman and a girl whose father is a big man must not have been graced by the "Oba of the Source". His status wont have been compromised so easily if he like the Oba of Benin is seen more in his palace and not at event centres. A delegation or even a well wish letter from the palace would be enough graceful here.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by ushafe(m): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
This is the main reason oba of benin is supreme to all.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by xangerar: 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
ushafe:
This is the main reason oba of benin is supreme to all.
I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by jiangchu: 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
madridguy:
Even as anti-Saraki, I think people should stop complaining about this cos what's inside Saraki is bigger than any oracle. Al Kitaab is bigger than any oracle and reason why you hardly see ilorin people prostrate or bow for any king.

Same thing happened to every American President when they visit Saudi Arabia. You must bow.

stop desecrating the holy book those Alfas in ilorin have infused demons inside saraki. what progress has his leadership contribute to this administration you and i knows he blocks every form of progress.
Allah is always with the army of the truth. you shall see how he will end.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Flamezreal(m): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
madridguy:

Same thing happened to every American President when they visit Saudi Arabia. You must bow. .

The religion of supremacists.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by salford1: 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
INVESTORBNAIRA:
Mumu ooni very soon him go prostrate before davido grin and some yorubas were comparing him with the great oba of benin
grin grin grin

Another joker is the oluwo of iwo.....

grin

Aregbe just finished osun state both politically and traditionally
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by madridguy(m): 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
If you check my previous comments you will know am number 1 anti saraki on NL.

jiangchu:

stop desecrating the holy book those Alfas in ilorin have infused demons inside saraki. what progress has his leadership contribute to this administration you and i knows he blocks every form of progress.
Allah is always with the army of the truth. you shall see how he will end.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by Peterina(m): 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
Occultism...
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo) by barrydee(m): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
dyemida:

Mumu! I don't know why the Afonjas don't like calling a spade, a spade just as they don't see anything bad in Buhari's Government.
The Ooni's stool is very powerful therefore he wasn't supposed to rise from his seat to greet a mere politician like Bukola Saraki.
That ain't Humility, that's Timidity of the highest order.
NB: They are of the same age bracket.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: Old Men That Stoned, Dragged And Beat Ex Deputy Senate President / PDP Monitoring Edo Election From Situation Room (Photos) / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.