Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging (7514 Views)

How To Make Money Blogging In 2020 [New Tricks] / Start A Nigerian News Blog From Scratch And Make Money Blogging / Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by akosuabeatrix: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
I use ad blockers just to make sure bloggers don't make a cent from my clicks. I only turn off ad block if the blogger puts in some work in his site.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by kaymart: 6:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
GloShare:
I dont know about all that but one thing is sure,

You wont make money creating contents for Nairaland.
You mean the likes of explorer with those quality posts, don't make money from them on nairaland?
Really?
Pls, how true is this?
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by GloShare(m): 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
kaymart:

You mean the likes of explorer with those quality posts, don't make money from them on nairaland?
Really?
Pls, how true is this?

They're volunteering.
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
my time blogging was nice, made friends, helped people, got scammed for promo jobs, i was just too young then, naive but it was a good spell but I made wrong moves also,
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2019
hedonido:
Strategy and execution is everything in every business or hustle, online or offline.

By the way, "blogging" as a term don cast. If you're talking about making money from your WEBSITE, then numerous people are still doing that, big time, even in this our Naija.

You have to know what you're doing.

My brother blogging never cast oo. It just that there are too many junk blogs in the world, not only in Nigeria.

Over 90% of blogs in the world get less than 1k views per month. Why? Because they post low quality stuff.

If I have some 100k that I can spend without looking back for a year, I swear I'll pump it into blogging. I know the strategies involved. You can't make money from blogging without spending. Except you can write 5k words daily for at least 5days a week. No be small work.
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Revolva(m): 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

My brother blogging never cast oo. It just that there are too many junk blogs in the world, not only in Nigeria.

Over 90% of blogs in the world get less than 1k views per month. Why? Because they post low quality stuff.

If I have some 100k that I can spend without looking back for a year, I swear I'll pump it into blogging. I know the strategies involved. You can't make money from blogging without spending. Except you can write 5k words daily for at least 5days a week. No be small work.

High quality content like insurance topic n some high paying cpa

Just where the money comes is from.adsense mostly
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2019
Revolva:

AdSense has the least return on investment sef if you know. You should just create your own digital product or service and sell.

See Syed Balkhi of wpbeginner, the guy sells his own WordPress plugins. And I have over 90% assurance that he paid some folks to build the plugins.

My boss, the best way to make money from blogging is to hire expert writers and developers. Blogging is an investment today if you treat it as a hobby then no money.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by grandstar(m): 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
Point Numbers 1,2 and 6 are spot on.

You got it all wrong when you mentioned niche. There's only one niche for 99% of Nigerian bloggers and that's social gossip. They all just want to be the next Linda Ikeji and own a palace in Banana Island or Iceland in Yuzedo's voice.

Yes, they want money quickly. I would suggest they work hard for a full year before they start seeing real money.

The best SEO tip I ever got was from a Youtube video

2 guys set up a blog, published 25 high quality articles on it (obviously did the needed keyword research) and abandoned it for a year. At the end of the year, without doing any backlinking at all, they were getting 66,000 page views a month! It was an eye opener.

Write amazing evergreen content and the rest is history.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by grandstar(m): 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
KubwaBoy:
I have a blog for over a year now but have not made a dime from it. Who can help me monetize it?

The best monetization for any blog is to build a list.

If you have a list, you can market products to them again and again.

First things first, what niche are you in?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by pedel: 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
With the EAT score and YMYL, it is very hard to rank for organic traffic on Google.
If you are blogging about money, health, finance, insurance and you don't have verifiable EAT ( Experience, authority and trustworthiness), you can forget about getting organic traffic.

See the picture below:
The site lost two-third of their organic traffic due to the MEDIC update.

Revolva:

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
TemmyT002:

Wicked soul shocked

I encourage all my friends to use Ad blocker. It makes internet browsing more cleaner and clearer. Not the one you open page and everywhere is filled with flashing images.
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2019
PRESENTATION:
my time blogging was nice, made friends, helped people, got scammed for promo jobs, i was just too young then, naive but it was a good spell but I made wrong moves also,
Sorry about your experience bro. I hope you didn't give up on your blogging though?
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
dumo1:

Sorry about your experience bro. I hope you didn't give up on your blogging though?

I ruined my blog at a time also, I got to understand the essence of if it aint broken, dont fix it. Thats why i laugh when people say seu,n should redesign nairaland.
I was on , I applied for adsense, during that period due to my own wrong move, I switched to wordpress, I think google indexed my site, it was offline and my adsense was declined for that reason, because I got that from earning dashboard on blogger.com.
Then my final fall was the host, mhen, those once ruined and wrecked me finally, I was getting many down time,at a time almost 12 to 17 hours downtime a day and they ghosted on us all without a word, never trust a naija host never. I lost everything, no back up nothing, 2013 to 2016 post was out and could never be gotten again.
I just relaxed after that, I guess it was time to stop.

I'm all good, thanks for your words, I really do appreciate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
PRESENTATION:

I ruined my blog at a time also, I got to understand the essence of if it aint broken, dont fix it. Thats why i laugh when people say seu,n should redesign nairaland.
I was on , I applied for adsense, during that period due to my own wrong move, I switched to wordpress, I think google indexed my site, it was offline and my adsense was declined for that reason, because I got that from earning dashboard on blogger.com.
Then my final fall was the host, mhen, those once ruined and wrecked me finally, I was getting many down time,at a time almost 12 to 17 hours downtime a day and they ghosted on us all without a word, never trust a naija host never. I lost everything, no back up nothing, 2013 to 2016 post was out and could never be gotten again.

Naija hosting? Even if they add father Christmas gifts to it I will never opt for one. Anyways I don't know you personally but I believe that you can still start from the scratch and get back up stronger and better. You know where the mistakes were made. All you just have to do is rise up from the ashes and rebuild.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Revolva(m): 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

AdSense has the least return on investment sef if you know. You should just create your own digital product or service and sell.

See Syed Balkhi of wpbeginner, the guy sells his own WordPress plugins. And I have over 90% assurance that he paid some folks to build the plugins.

My boss, the best way to make money from blogging is to hire expert writers and developers. Blogging is an investment today if you treat it as a hobby then no money.

pedel:
With the EAT score and YMYL, it is very hard to rank for organic traffic on Google.
If you are blogging about money, health, finance, insurance and you don't have verifiable EAT ( Experience, authority and trustworthiness), you can forget about getting organic traffic.

See the picture below:
The site lost two-third of their organic traffic due to the MEDIC update.

true talk bro i understand u with this idea its gonna get a blogger somewhere

but its hard o to invest when there is no money oo for this kind naija we de

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by henrypsexy(m): 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
TemmyT002:

Wicked soul shocked
no be small. If you block person business how u want make ur own be
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by pedel: 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2019
You are right. I employed a MSc Communication major as my my main content creator. We are currently looking for a BA or HND Older as Content Creation assistant to create contents in the pet niche.
It is an investment not some get money quick scheme.
I am personally writing more than 10,000 words per week.
I don't even have AdSense on my sites. Work with Adthrive or Mediavine if you have the traffic.

GeoAfrikana:

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by pedel: 11:49pm On Aug 15, 2019
With wayback machine you could get all your web pages back, re-register the domain and and do some work on the pages. It won't take long to start ranking again.

I can help you with WordPress hosting for a year as a gesture of faith in humanity. I have dedicated servers.

PRESENTATION:

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by FOWOSHERE01(m): 1:39am On Aug 16, 2019
pedel:
With wayback machine you could get all your web pages back, re-register the domain and and do some work on the pages. It won't take long to start ranking again.

I can help you with WordPress hosting for a year as a gesture of faith in humanity. I have dedicated servers.

Hello pedel

I was surfing Nairaland as usual when I came across your post.

I recently got a domain name: iwantvisa.com because i think it targets the niche market that wants to travel out of Nigeria for one reason or another. Almost everybody wants to travel out of the country, and to travel, you'll need a visa.

I intend developing it first into a blog that provides quality information about visa and then adding a website later on to assists those in need of obtaining a visa.(The theme is $39).

I plan to monetize it with Google Adsense and selling relevant digital products.

So naturally when you mentioned wordpress hosting i became more attentive. I need that wordpress hosting you mentioned above. I'm an opportunist. Yh, i know.

I want us to have a partnership or business understanding where you provide me with wordpress hosting and in return, you can place adverts of your choice(Hotel deals, travel reservation etc) on the blog for free (In form of banners, affiliate links etc).

Mind you, you'll keep getting thousands of views monthly because lots of Nigerians have questions about traveling and visa and so they'll keep visiting the website.

Does this sound like a 50:50 fair deal?
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by DAYOODS(m): 3:21am On Aug 16, 2019
PRESENTATION:

Hi bro ,I currently use WordPress and about to change my host .Please can you tell list of good hosting company because right now I'm not making money from blogging .
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by DAYOODS(m): 3:27am On Aug 16, 2019
GloShare:
I dont know about all that but one thing is sure,

You wont make money creating contents for Nairaland.

Hi,I have several front page post for Nairaland but I have not made a dime from it . Although I'm still using WordPress and I don't have a domain name yet . I'm planning to get a domain name soon and a new host but how does one really make money from blogging ?
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by dave06(f): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2019
We move!
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2019
Looking for a spot to stay updated on current affairs relating to technology look no more cause at www.nevoon..com we have you cover

Also additional stuff to explore

Click on www.nevoon..com and never miss out ���✌
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by follock007(m): 10:51am On Aug 16, 2019
they are the most corrupt hypocritical blow jobbers is will ever know on planet earth
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by pedel: 11:38am On Aug 16, 2019
What's your traffic projection and where are you driving the traffic from?
Your website or contents worth nothing if you don't have 100s of thousands of traffic to it.
Let's talk about traffic first then we can talk about monetization deals.

FOWOSHERE01:

Hello pedel

I was surfing Nairaland as usual when I came across your post.

I recently got a domain name: iwantvisa.com because i think it targets the niche market that wants to travel out of Nigeria for one reason or another. Almost everybody wants to travel out of the country, and to travel, you'll need a visa.

I intend developing it first into a blog that provides quality information about visa and then adding a website later on to assists those in need of obtaining a visa.(The theme is $39).

I plan to monetize it with Google Adsense and selling relevant digital products.

So naturally when you mentioned wordpress hosting i became more attentive. I need that wordpress hosting you mentioned above. I'm an opportunist. Yh, i know.

I want us to have a partnership or business understanding where you provide me with wordpress hosting and in return, you can place adverts of your choice(Hotel deals, travel reservation etc) on the blog for free (In form of banners, affiliate links etc).

Mind you, you'll keep getting thousands of views monthly because lots of Nigerians have questions about traveling and visa and so they'll keep visiting the website.

Does this sound like a 50:50 fair deal?
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by wizkidblogger(f): 11:59am On Aug 16, 2019
Yawns.

With massive daily traffic been pushed to a blog with google ads, you will make cool money even if it is copy n paste content.

The secret is "traffic"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2019
Last last, you will still be making change.
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Jacktheripper: 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

I have 100k to invest on my blog but I don't know the strategies involved. Can you teach me the strategies, my blog is nearly 1 year and receiving only at least 1k organic visitors per month.
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Jacktheripper: 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
grandstar:
Point Numbers 1,2 and 6 are spot on.

You got it all wrong when you mentioned niche. There's only one niche for 99% of Nigerian bloggers and that's social gossip. They all just want to be the next Linda Ikeji and own a palace in Banana Island or Iceland in Yuzedo's voice.

Yes, they want money quickly. I would suggest they work hard for a full year before they start seeing real money.

Is it those guys at income school?

The best SEO tip I ever got was from a Youtube video

2 guys set up a blog, published 25 high quality articles on it (obviously did the needed keyword research) and abandoned it for a year. At the end of the year, without doing any backlinking at all, they were getting 66,000 page views a month! It was an eye opener.

Write amazing evergreen content and the rest is history.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Broke Professional Webmaster: Should I Change Career? / Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. / Create Png ID Card With Database Info With PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.