Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari (40450 Views)

Ekiti Should Get Two Ministerial Slots - Adesoji Gabriel / The 7 States President Buhari Gave Two Ministerial Slots And The Reasons Why / Ministerial Slots: The Battle Of Godfathers, Godsons (list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by budaatum: 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2019
cenaman:
na before monkey dey work baboon dey chop, now na monkey wey work go chop. sai baba, i wish the constitution can be amended to enable u contest for third term.
Next Level 4+4!
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2019
When FFK said Buhari will take Nigeria back by 20 years I disagreed... This isn't 20.... It 70 years.

Tribalistic olodo president

2 Likes

Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by 9jaRealist: 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2019
Rather than doing something tangible for the scores of Almajiri who voted for him....
He instead shares 4 substantive ministerial slots to rent-seeking elites. See thinking! SMH
>

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by Alfredah01: 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2019
If not for constitution that demands all ministers most be chosen from each state, I’m very sure PMB will pick his ministers only from the north, dead brain cell president... abeg make 4 year do come let’s breath fresh air

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by backbone503(m): 11:27pm On Aug 22, 2019
Not bad, PMB. In life, NEVER persuade ANYONE to stand by or believe in you. And when you' topside, NEVER forget those that did.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by Bobonowell(m): 11:52pm On Aug 22, 2019
cenaman:
na before monkey dey work baboon dey chop, now na monkey wey work go chop. sai baba, i wish the constitution can be amended to enable u contest for third term.

i no fit laugh , u don kill me dis night
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by greenprince(m): 12:32am On Aug 23, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
technocrats are already in civil service... moreover which of the ministers is not a technocrat...

It will be nice if you could define who a technocrat is...

Let me use an example you may understand.

When Nafdac changed, it was probably because Ms. Dora (God rest her wonderful soul) was a trained pharmacist that knew her onions and understood the meaning and entire procedures of drug manufacturing including quality control and testing, pharmacovigilance and it's direct consequences on a population as large as Nigeria's.

If she was a major in accounting or French or int'l relations, how long do you think it'll take for her to first understand how the pharmaceutical industry works and then know what changes to effect.

Your president appoints a lawyer to head a ministry that should have an architect or civil engineer there and you think that is fine. What tech know how does an average SAN have asides using his mobile phone. Do these old outdated cargo look like they know the latest in the tech world.

You talking, do you know that a plane is currently being developed in the Netherlands that will change the face of the industry?

Do you know how many strategies govts such as that of Norway are taking to encourage more electric car purchases?

It's about putting sound minds that know the system and are constantly changing with it. Not Aregbe that's openly confessing he doesn't know jack about his ministry.

You should travel more, you'll realise that the world has left us behind.

People are not alive in Nigeria, they are metaphorically dead.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by anonimi: 4:53am On Aug 23, 2019
sanusi007:
“Kaduna and Kano are the only two states I gave two substantive positions in my council. So, I have appreciated your votes and paid you back by giving you ministers of environment and finance.”/

Good news to zonebees hailing the most divisive president ever to ruin our country
Such a deceptive fraud.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6411492_buhariunity_jpege6b944865fd28349d890aa9f1f00fb23

[img]https://3.bp..com/-8mJYOXm-b5A/VG87TvNPXQI/AAAAAAAAOGI/igXt7T3n8R8/s1600/gen%2Bbuhari.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2019
Some PigDiots may want to read this forwarded message and receive some common sense from one of their own Chieftains.

WHEN COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON!!!

From a prominent Igbo Chieftain.

I remember a time in this Country when all the six Ministers in Jonathan's kitchen Cabinet were all Igbos.

Ayim Pius Ayim was Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was in charge Finance, Emeka Wogu was in Labour and Productivity, Berth Nnaji was in Power and Energy.

Dieziani Madueke was the powerful Minister for Oil.

The six of them outside the Federal Executive Council would meet and decide what and what not to be discussed at the larger FEC.

Whatever they decided would eventually be the position of Government.

In six years, this was the situation.

Okiro and Onovo had the Police under their control.

Ihejerika and later Minimah controlled the Army.

These powerful Igbos could do and undo.

Nigeria was in their pockets.

Rather than care about the poor Igbo chaps scattered all over the Country, they were busy diverting Billions of Naira into their accounts at home and abroad.

The Second Niger Bridge, they didn't do. They shared the money.

The Lagos/Calabar rail lines passing through nine States, three of them in the South East, they were not bothered.

They refused to pay the Chinese the Counter part fund. They shared the money.

Enugu/Onitsha, Aba/PH and other roads of economic importance to their fellow Igbos, they abandoned them.

Who is to blame ?

Who is marginalising the Igbos ?

You had your chance, you bungled it.

There was only one Yoruba Minister worth mentioning at the time, Akinwunmi Adesina.

He was in Agriculture. His budget was less than 1% while Emeka Wogu in Labour had over 10% for his Ministry.

Ayim had unlimited access to the treasury for the benefit of himself and Family members.

The poor Igbo guys meant nothing to him.

If an Igbo becomes President tomorrow after Jonathan, will there be any difference ?

The Igbo man will marginalise his fellow Igbo people...

PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Under Former President Jonathan, A South Easterner:

Senator Pius Anyim - former Secretary to the Federal Government for 5 years - Igbo.

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala - former Minister of Finance and Coordinator of the Economy for 5 years - Igbo.

Senator Ike Ekweremadu- former and incumbent Deputy Senate President for 5 years plus - Igbo.

Emeka Ihedioha - former Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives for 5 years -Igbo.

General Ihejirika - former Chief of Army Staff for 4 years - Igbo.

Diezani Alison Madueke - former Petroleum Minister for 5 years - Ijaw/ Igbo.

**Senator Stella Odua- former Minister of Aviation for 4 years - Igbo.

Please add these to the List. All since the present Democratic dispensation in 1999.

Evans Enwerem - Igbo- Senate President.

Chuba Okadigbo - Igbo- Senate President.

Adolphus Wabara - Igbo - Senate President.

Ayim Pius Ayim - Igbo - Senate President.

Ken Nnamani - Igbo - Senate President.

Chinedu Nebo- Igbo - Minister of Power.

Bert Nnaji - Igbo - Minister of Power.

So who really is marginalising who when all these had all the chance in the world to get their kinsmen their fair slice of the National cake ?

Did they not get the slice ?

Hell they did. Where did it go ? Into their individual pockets.

Ask them.
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by Area4Area: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2019
ItsMeAboki:
Some PigDiots may want to read this forwarded message and receive some common sense from one of their own Chieftains.

WHEN COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON!!!

From a prominent Igbo Chieftain.

I remember a time in this Country when all the six Ministers in Jonathan's kitchen Cabinet were all Igbos.

Ayim Pius Ayim was Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was in charge Finance, Emeka Wogu was in Labour and Productivity, Berth Nnaji was in Power and Energy.

Dieziani Madueke was the powerful Minister for Oil.

The six of them outside the Federal Executive Council would meet and decide what and what not to be discussed at the larger FEC.

Whatever they decided would eventually be the position of Government.

In six years, this was the situation.

Okiro and Onovo had the Police under their control.

Ihejerika and later Minimah controlled the Army.

These powerful Igbos could do and undo.

Nigeria was in their pockets.

Rather than care about the poor Igbo chaps scattered all over the Country, they were busy diverting Billions of Naira into their accounts at home and abroad.

The Second Niger Bridge, they didn't do. They shared the money.

The Lagos/Calabar rail lines passing through nine States, three of them in the South East, they were not bothered.

They refused to pay the Chinese the Counter part fund. They shared the money.

Enugu/Onitsha, Aba/PH and other roads of economic importance to their fellow Igbos, they abandoned them.

Who is to blame ?

Who is marginalising the Igbos ?

You had your chance, you bungled it.

There was only one Yoruba Minister worth mentioning at the time, Akinwunmi Adesina.

He was in Agriculture. His budget was less than 1% while Emeka Wogu in Labour had over 10% for his Ministry.

Ayim had unlimited access to the treasury for the benefit of himself and Family members.

The poor Igbo guys meant nothing to him.

If an Igbo becomes President tomorrow after Jonathan, will there be any difference ?

The Igbo man will marginalise his fellow Igbo people...

PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Under Former President Jonathan, A South Easterner:

Senator Pius Anyim - former Secretary to the Federal Government for 5 years - Igbo.

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala - former Minister of Finance and Coordinator of the Economy for 5 years - Igbo.

Senator Ike Ekweremadu- former and incumbent Deputy Senate President for 5 years plus - Igbo.

Emeka Ihedioha - former Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives for 5 years -Igbo.

General Ihejirika - former Chief of Army Staff for 4 years - Igbo.

Diezani Alison Madueke - former Petroleum Minister for 5 years - Ijaw/ Igbo.

**Senator Stella Odua- former Minister of Aviation for 4 years - Igbo.

Please add these to the List. All since the present Democratic dispensation in 1999.

Evans Enwerem - Igbo- Senate President.

Chuba Okadigbo - Igbo- Senate President.

Adolphus Wabara - Igbo - Senate President.

Ayim Pius Ayim - Igbo - Senate President.

Ken Nnamani - Igbo - Senate President.

Chinedu Nebo- Igbo - Minister of Power.

Bert Nnaji - Igbo - Minister of Power.

So who really is marginalising who when all these had all the chance in the world to get their kinsmen their fair slice of the National cake ?

Did they not get the slice ?

Hell they did. Where did it go ? Into their individual pockets.

Ask them.

So unfortunate
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by Obec70(m): 9:18am On Aug 23, 2019
Is this what you called governance? While oil producing states where given pinots cos they didn't vote you?
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by IME1: 9:46am On Aug 23, 2019
Caseless:
they have a senator in the person of Danjuma Laah, then house of representatives members and state house of assembly members.

I just feel it will create a sense of balance to have someone from that senatorial zone.

Yes
But this is Nigeria
If you talk they will say you are a religious bigot and are as partial as the people you are speaking against their policies not necessarily their persons
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by icankel: 11:06am On Aug 23, 2019
Edoloaded:
But yet when it comes to sharing of oil money una go dey claim one Nigeria

Yeye dey smell
and u can imagine all Northerners are heading all the Oil sectors in Nigeria and were one Nigeria
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by Nathaniel88: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2019
Compensation over competence is what this clueless government has resolved to do with our ministerial seats... Mtcheww
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by Caseless: 11:46am On Aug 23, 2019
IME1:

Yes
But this is Nigeria
If you talk they will say you are a religious bigot and are as partial as the people you are speaking against their policies not necessarily their persons
justice is justice everywhere, irrespective of who's done to.
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
greenprince:

It will be nice if you could define who a technocrat is...

Let me use an example you may understand.

When Nafdac changed, it was probably because Ms. Dora (God rest her wonderful soul) was a trained pharmacist that knew her onions and understood the meaning and entire procedures of drug manufacturing including quality control and testing, pharmacovigilance and it's direct consequences on a population as large as Nigeria's.

If she was a major in accounting or French or int'l relations, how long do you think it'll take for her to first understand how the pharmaceutical industry works and then know what changes to effect.

Your president appoints a lawyer to head a ministry that should have an architect or civil engineer there and you think that is fine. What tech know how does an average SAN have asides using his mobile phone. Do these old outdated cargo look like they know the latest in the tech world.

You talking, do you know that a plane is currently being developed in the Netherlands that will change the face of the industry?

Do you know how many strategies govts such as that of Norway are taking to encourage more electric car purchases?

It's about putting sound minds that know the system and are constantly changing with it. Not Aregbe that's openly confessing he doesn't know jack about his ministry.

You should travel more, you'll realise that the world has left us behind.

People are not alive in Nigeria, they are metaphorically dead.
u guys need enlightenment... a minister is like a vice chancellor of a school... which a scholar in any field can be... nafdac is a dept like a prof of political science becoming head of political science... so yes a barrister can head works and housing ministry...since we already have lots of engineers and architect who are heading strategic departments in the ministry... for instance a defender can be a cheif coach in a football Team but can't be a goalkeeper trainers in a team...
why don't we say only those who study political science should contest for political offices...if u study medicine concentrate in ur hospital duty if u read law concentrate in court room...engineer handle ur field works leave politics for folks like us who have bagged degree In politics sociology public administration... so nothing wrong with a fashola heading works ministry...or mamora in health...just like any professor can be vice chancellor but not any professor can head a department or faculty... e clear u... some coaches today didn't kick football but are doing well... a minister is to give policy direction drive govt agenda...
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
oluwadabira111:
not every ministry is key,some are just there to create numbers.e.g ministry of special duties(what special about the duties,that one should be under ministry of interior.another example ministry of aviation(that one should be under transportation)so the president is making up those ministries,to reward those who supported him in this concluded election.
I agree unnecessary duplication of offices... this one u stated is constructive criticism... 2015 we had 36 ministers and we were told it was to reduce cost...i don't know what change that we now have 43... that's the conversation I want to be seeing not they give my state junior minister or less key ministry...all ministers are members and drivers of the executive arm of govt... guy I agree with ur point...its like the too many courses we do in universities... in a dept some courses are similar and can be done In one stretch...
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
kenzysmith:
as a fellow delta i reject u if u come be isoko or uhrobo boy i reject u again. Twueeh
abi na but the sowore moghalu with their recent disposition seems overated... so Perhaps at this level of development pmb is who can win to be president...2023 let's see what ll happen
Re: Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari by celeiyke: 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2019
What then is the reason for giving Edo two ministers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Forfeited $460,000 To US Govt For Narcotics Trafficking - Paul Ibe / Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others / Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.