Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,633 members, 7,844,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side (36573 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by pocohantas(f): 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2019
He is fulfilled.

(Sometimes) I feel like resigning and opening a restaurant where I will be cooking afang and semo. I said it once to someone and he looked at me one how. I could tell he thought I am a very stupid girl- one with no dreams & aspirations.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by nathpope(m): 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
J111333:
Did I hear to smoke weed? Village people have finally won. cheesy

Lai lai..
The guy just started LIVING his LIFE..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by zakir007(m): 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
GrammarNazi1
GrammarNazi1:

...prayers have...
...a prayer has...
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by jaxxy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
The smoke Weed part is what got me concerned, most people who smoke weed and other highness don’t hold serious jobs for so long.
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Toks2008(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
PureGoldh:
His village people have finally struck undecided

Inside dx country wey work no dey na e person wey get better bank work quit am just to become an adviser undecided

Well... I wish him all the Best.. Since he is happy with the new work.. May God bless his hustle.

If you need Original Pure Honey.. Call or whatsapp me on the number attached to my signature below 0_8_1016_66_771 or check out my profile

Have you ever heard of the word "Fulfillment"?

Wealth is not about how much you have in your bank but it is about finding happiness in what you do..

Some are doing missionary work right now and they will not give it up for anything.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by PureGoldh(m): 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
Toks2008:

Have you ever heard of the word "Fulfillment"?

Wealth is not about how much you have in your bank but it is about finding happiness in what you do..

Some are doing missionary work right now and they will not give it up for anything.

You gat a point there Thoo.... I wish him all the best
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by xjiggy: 4:39pm On Oct 31, 2019
No everything is village people. I left the bank for farming and I'm at peace with myself. Just do what gives u peace and pays the bills. Simple

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by EkwensuAmosu1: 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
[s]
helinues:
ok
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 31, 2019
doris00:

A Twitter user with the handle @Qossi_ took to the platform to share a bizarre story of an acquaintance who quit from his bank job.

According to the Twitter user, the young man quit his bank job to become a surf instructor for tourist. When queried on why he quit, the young man stated that he is tired of the fiercely competitive struggle in the job.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Qossi_/status/1189458456098607105

See his tweet below;

https://thickmatch.com/nigerian-man-quits-bank-job-life-beach-side/

Last last, your happiness matters more but mehn, to quit his job to go smoke week!! No run mad o!!
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by streetfabulous: 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2019
Just discover what works for you. Being a banker is not the issue. It's okay to start somewhere and if you are not wired for the job, you can try something else. Some will excel as bankers and others will make it in other fields. Commit your ways to God and keep moving until you find what you enjoy doing, then what you will have is no longer a job but a CALLING. There are people who believe they are born to do banking, they understand the industry, love the chase and pressure, and would not have it any other way. If you can still separate your work from enjoying life then you have a job not a calling/passion but when your work is part of enjoying life then I say congratulations and keep on rocking it.
Whatever the case, keep moving.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Bluehill1051: 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
Small thing, I've seen a Director at Alausa Secretariate Lagos, quit his job to be a palm wine taper in Ijebu ode
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Crummy: 5:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

...prayers have...
...a prayer has...
the subject is singular, it should be 'has', the guy is right
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
SBO salary wey reach N500k.

That's the job.
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by ATTemi: 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
So you think most people who smoke weed have no sense?

Now we know who needs it more.

J111333:
Did I hear to smoke weed? Village people have finally won. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by purples25(f): 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
Its not always about money. Some of us would be happy to live average. But people wont let one be, with mockery and molestation of the middle and lower class. To me, its the people that are the problem, not the lifestyle.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
Awol1:
"You can hear the genuine happiness in his...."

Not everyone understands this.

That somebody can be genuinely happy being a welder or doing any other peasantry job. And if you walk up to him and ask him to follow you, that you will make him to be like Davido, he will tell you to keep it.

It happens even in relationships, you see a guy or girl dumping one beautiful/handsome bae/dude for a not-so-beautiful one. And if you ask him, wetin the babe do you, he'd say nothing, just that his heart is more at peace and happy with the ugly one.

Inside life....

In the end, do what really makes you happy.

The world might talk for a while, but las las, everybody go dey alright.

Most welders I know are richer than Engineers, unless the welder is quack.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by executive12: 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
fairfora:
Interesting! He has just begun a journey to stardom and boundless opportunities. All I can see is a potential entrepreneur, who would bring into the Nigerian Tourism Industry, what nobody else has introduced before. I can't wait to see you being on famous magazines' front covers.

Is there any tourism industry in Nigeria? I don't think so.
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by mechanics(m): 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
generationz:
sad

Someone's prayers has just been answered for a job.
lolz.
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by OdenKelechi(m): 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
chloride6:
A classic example of village people...

Maybe he has other plans and just wants to chill away from work for like a year..

Nothing like village people here. You just don't understand what it means to do something you really like. A job is just for ends meet, most people don't like it but they have no choice. Meanwhile, doing what makes you happy means you're enjoying doing it and still making money off it. That's the difference

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by OdenKelechi(m): 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2019
Freemanbobble:
That is my kind of guy

Always do what makes you happy

Smoking weed, drinking alcohol, banging pussy and trying to make some money
And schmucks are here shouting it's village people. They dunno anything about doing what makes you happy
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by OdenKelechi(m): 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
I can tell you for free that more than 98% of the employed worldwide are unhappy with their jobs. It takes guts to quit your source of livelyhood for the "unknown" and trust me, most times such folks SUCEED. Do you Know the joy and happiness that comes when what you love doing even for FREE is bringing CASH to the table?
Ask MESSI and RONALDO?
Ask RONNIE COLEMAN and KAI GREENE?
Thanks for speaking sense in the midst of nonsense
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
Naughtysite:

You called welder peasantry job and your comment has 163 likes.

I give up on Nigerian youths.

Most welders I know are richer than Engineers, unless the welder is quack.

The last welding job I gave to a welder, I was charged 42k. I rejected the welder knowing it was overpriced and got another welder to do same job.

The second welder charged N30k which i paid happily, then off he went to buy materials.

He completed this job with in ONE DAY, spent only N16,000 for fuel, gen renting, painting, iron etc.

He made a profit of N14,000 off my job in 24 HOURS.

If you call welder or mechanic peasant again, you need to be flogged.

If you didn't have this encounter with a welder, you'd still have agreed that a welder is a peasant.

There's no denying the fact that some do it on a large scale, but I was speaking as a Nigerian and how we group things down here.

But wait o, where do I classify welders?
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by AmeLonRo(m): 5:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
Good for him.

I do freelance writing o all types. I have a blog where some of my articles are displayed. Send me a mail today if you need my service.

Check this my blog article out and call me for all type of write ups for a fee.

https://newkokoro.com/2019/08/06/how-to-be-a-bestselling-author/
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
Bluehill1051:
Small thing, I've seen a Director at Alausa Secretariate Lagos, quit his job to be a palm wine taper in Ijebu ode

You are joking, right?
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
Awol1:

If you didn't have this encounter with a welder, you'd still have agreed that a welder is a peasant.

There's no denying the fact that some do it on a large scale, but I was speaking as a Nigerian and how we group things down here.

But wait o, where do I classify welders?

Nah small job I give the guy o.

My job was ordinary 9 burglary window proofs.

You see Toyota mechanics, respect them, some of them go home with 50k daily.
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Legendguru: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
Oh
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
Naughtysite:

Nah small job I give the guy o.

My job was ordinary 9 burglary window proofs.

You see Toyota mechanics, respect them, some of them go home with 50k daily.

Sure.

And they live finer than a banker.

But girls been falling for bankers over d real guys.

I know most guys into welding and mechanics that will tell that they can't work in an office and wait for pay at month end.
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by winnah(f): 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
That's so myopic!!!! It's not about the money sir!!! It's about the happy...
We should stop doing things because of money and in quest of chasing money, we should take our joy and happiness for it. I bet you won't even last in the bank.... Forget about wat u see...

A school mate said''' Godwin I envy u alot, imagine after school this is a year plus yet I can't find a job... While I was even thinking of resigning... He then said how I wish I can also get a job in ur bank (we both studied banking and finance)..
May this year through my manager I was able to give him a job in my bank... Bottom line is, he resign in July (not even upto 2month) although now his working else where...

Take it or leave it if u have at least two years job experience it won't be that difficult to change job in this country...

PureGoldh:
His village people have finally struck undecided

Inside dx country wey work no dey na e person wey get better bank work quit am just to become an adviser undecided

Well... I wish him all the Best.. Since he is happy with the new work.. May God bless his hustle.

If you need Original Pure Honey.. Call or whatsapp me on the number attached to my signature below 0_8_1016_66_771 or check out my profile

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
Mogambo123:
Surf instructor? Do Nigerians surf? I need to be educated.

grin cheesy

Me too..
Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by PureGoldh(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2019
winnah:
That's so myopic!!!! It's not about the money sir!!! It's about the happy...
We should stop doing things because of money and in quest of chasing money, we should take our joy and happiness for it. I bet you won't even last in the bank.... Forget about wat u see...

A school mate said''' Godwin I envy u alot, imagine after school this is a year plus yet I can't find a job... While I was even thinking of resigning... He then said how I wish I can also get a job in ur bank (we both studied banking and finance)..
May this year through my manager I was able to give him a job in my bank... Bottom line is, he resign in July (not even upto 2month) although now his working else where...

Take it or leave it if u have at least two years job experience it won't be that difficult to change job in this country...

Nice points bro... Oil dey your head.. The bigger you I pray

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2019
pocohantas:
He is fulfilled.

(Sometimes) I feel like resigning and opening a restaurant where I will be cooking afang and semo. I said it once to someone and he looked at me one how. I could tell he thought I am a very stupid girl- one with no dreams & aspirations.

Locate someone that will guide you so that you won't make mistakes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jeep Gets Caged In Ogun State (Photo) / 16 Pictures That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Hate Their Office / Meg Reuben Dancing 'Shaku Shaku' During Her Call To Bar In Ontario

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.