Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Accident Or Car Arson? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Accident Or Car Arson? (21771 Views)

Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! / Sell Us Your Scrap Vehicles,accident Or Parked Unused Vehicles / Sell Your Accident Or Damaged Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Myhusband(m): 5:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
Waiting for the elders to give verdict
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by mumumugu(m): 5:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
village people at work
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by ednut1(m): 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
Damn
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 19, 2020
This reminds me of one early morning when the bus I was in stopped to buy fuel nd the engine started removing smoke as they were about to sell the fuel. Oboi I Neva japaa like that in a while. Invest in yourself by owning a piece of Land in Yaba area. Follow the link below for more information http://whyteville-limited.realtornigeria.com/
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Kayharry(m): 5:13pm On Jan 19, 2020
It's possible . It happens to someone I know
Car was parked arround 10pm arround 1am midnight started burning .it was due to bad wiring that was done on it previous day.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Adam00(m): 5:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:
Is it possible for One's car to get burnt on its own after parking it and switching it Off for more than 2hours?

Please take this to FP for wider views, I need to get things clear.
village people at work.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Emmizofficial: 5:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
tunax5loon:
If the battery holder is not tightened properly and it's touching the positive terminal of the battery, the car can get burnt

Stop using battery holder I almost burnt a car with it.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Iogobenz(m): 5:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
aro1:
no wonder 2015 mercedez benz c300 is not common,and its even being sold cheap by people that use it.

So person no go fit enjoy turbo engine in peace again,how will i buy car and will be always speculating where its safe to park it. I rather buy normal i4 engine and have peace of mind
2015 C300 isn't common because many can't afford it,even you.
So stop making shitty excuses.
Come back by 2025 undecided undecided and see how the streets will be littered by it undecided
Like say na fire make you never buy w205 undecided

2 Likes

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by alizma: 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:
Is it possible for One's car to get burnt on its own after parking it and switching it Off for more than 2hours?

Please take this to FP for wider views, I need to get things clear.
Is possible if the car "backfires" for that long.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Swinger60(f): 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

This is possible but the problem is that I have parked the car for hours only for neighbours to call around 3am(like 3hours later) to inform me about the car that is on fire

PS: It was on a Concrete floor
Toyota Sienna 2016
I don't know anything about cars, all I know is I felt your pain from this post.

Sorry about your loss. God will wipe your pain with a bigger car before the year runs out.

4 Likes

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by orunmila144: 5:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
VERY POSSIBLE. YA VILLAGE PEOPLE ARE DOING OVER TIME
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by orunmila144: 5:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

Not even hot and It happened around 3am
3AM ? its spiritual.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Kelvinsaint(m): 5:25pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

This is possible but the problem is that I have parked the car for hours only for neighbours to call around 3am(like 3hours later) to inform me about the car that is on fire

Toyota Sienna 2016
my dad car got burnt after 3 hours of parking and the funny part of it is that it rained that particular day...
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by solmusdesigns: 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
yes windshield can cause intense heat through sun that can ignite objects on the dashboard,
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by ozoebuka1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
tunax5loon:

Very possible. The iron holder on the battery is earthed to the car. This means that the car body is the neutral. Once the iron touches the positive terminal, it will spark. this will in turn cause fire which will be dropping like a molten magma on the wires. The rest is history. It can occur even after 3hrs
how could this be avoided?
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by govomotors: 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
There three (3) things that make up fire:

Spark (Heat) + Air + Free burning material (fuel, cloth, rubber etc.) This is the circle of fire.

If these three (3) are identify then it's an accident
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by lograr(m): 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

Toyota Sienna 2016

Does this car look like Toyota sienna ?
Sorry for your loss
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by EgunMogaji2: 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
It's possible for a vehicle to burn unattended or untampered with.

Folks, this is why we have insurance. So we don't have to worry.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by LongThickPenis(m): 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
Insurance fraud. Check well . The guy has new comprehensive insurance policy of less than one month
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by DaBullIT(m): 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
Anything is possible , but if you recently did electrical works , that's your first suspect

sometimes in 2010 or thereabouts i was using a Rover 75 connoisseur SE , the horn wouldn't work so i took it to our famous ''rewire guy'' he did some (join join) connections , so i can blare the horn from the door on the tapping glass button

it was late at night i was feeling hot , so i went outside to open the car ,collect breeze, play games on phone and download movies that sort of thing i just noticed a red line like that , followed by smell of burning rubber, before i could call J for Jesus , smoke followed , had to use my bare hand to cut that red hot wire (that was worked for horn) then open my bonnet to disconnect the battery

if it wasn't for heat, that car would have probably burnt to ashes ,

needless to say i stopped using that rewire guy and i'll never allow you to join join anything

2 Likes

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by SIRKAY98(m): 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
Always remove your car battery terminal. At night
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Kingsoul1(m): 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
SIRKAY98:
Always remove your car battery terminal. At night

Doing that continuously might damage your brainbox.

4 Likes

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2020
Iogobenz:
Come back by 2025 undecided undecided and see how the streets will be littered by it undecided
fuul.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by millionboi2: 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
Iogobenz:
lol

E pain u bad,do u own one
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Tunechikhalifa: 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
This looks like arson to me
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by verifiablefacts: 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

Not even hot and It happened around 3am
parked not more than 2 hrs and it happened around 3am? Where were you coming from?
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by tunax5loon(m): 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
Emmizofficial:

Stop using battery holder I almost burnt a car with it.

You can use it but find a good insulting material and place on it.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by daddytime(m): 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2020
But na sedan dey burn for this picture na
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by tunax5loon(m): 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

Is this possible even after I have parked the car for Hours?

If Yes, then this might be what happened because I asked one of my boy to change the battery for me

The guy that changed the battery is a mumu rewire
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by wale0911: 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

If Yes, then this might be what happened because I asked one of my boy to change the battery for me

I am 100% certain that this was the case. I had similar experience, I was still within the compound menough to notice flames coming out of the bonnet
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by wale0911: 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

I am 100% certain that this was the case. I had similar experience, I was still within the compound when I noticed flames coming out of the bonnet. It was put out on time. I lost a few plastics components under the hood. Sorry for your loss. Hope you're insured.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Danfo Or Death Trap? See What Was Spotted In Lagos Today - (Pics) / See The Futuristic Bugatti Concept Vehicle That Looks Like A Batmobile / 20 Amazing Facts About Kia Cars You May Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.