Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Accident Or Car Arson? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Accident Or Car Arson? (21784 Views)

Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! / Sell Us Your Scrap Vehicles,accident Or Parked Unused Vehicles / Sell Your Accident Or Damaged Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Nobody: 3:03am On Jan 20, 2020
Once drove off in a Toyota sienna too and under one mintue, fire/smoke started coming out of the electrical window compartment by the drivers door handle.

I reached for my fire extinguisher which I normally keep under my car seat, and used my left hand to apply it to the section, while still driving.

Then I changed plans and drove straight to an auto electrician for rectification.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by AmuDimpka: 7:01am On Jan 20, 2020
wiloy2k8:
What’s the model of the car and yes it’s possible .. heard some German cars have that issue

Can't you see the picture... The car that is burning is Toyota Corolla the third model (2000- 2002 ) model ... If the picture is the car
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by IAmTobore(m): 7:19am On Jan 20, 2020
oshe11:

Is this possible even after I have parked the car for Hours?

If Yes, then this might be what happened because I asked one of my boy to change the battery for me
I guess your boy didn't handle the battery well, and the battery terminals must have been coming in contact with the car's body. By the way, are you sure there was no cigarette around when you parked it, or are there any smokers in your compound.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by alizma: 8:22am On Jan 20, 2020
oshe11:

Never heard of that, but Thanks!
Ask your mechanic

1 Like

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 10:43am On Jan 20, 2020
IAmTobore:
I guess your boy didn't handle the battery well, and the battery terminals must have been coming in contact with the car's body. By the way, are you sure there was no cigarette around when you parked it, or are there any smokers in your compound.

Nah.......

Nothing of such

Was around 1am
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 10:45am On Jan 20, 2020
eldeens:

Ask yourself, what have you done inside the car, where, when and with who prior the time you parked the car, you came back around 1am and parked the car
One Of My Boys used a diff battery to switch on the Car because mine was down
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by litaninja(m): 11:53am On Jan 20, 2020
Most likely an electrical fault....
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Kelvinsaint(m): 1:12am On Jan 21, 2020
oshe11:
Hmmmmm.....

Thats New though

What was the cause?
I think the care went to the mechanic for servicing that week
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
Kelvinsaint:
I think the care went to the mechanic for servicing that week
Yeah it did
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by ariesofthejess: 7:26am On Jan 26, 2020
AutoElectNG:
It is sad but true, if indeed you said the car is a Toyota Sienna 2016 model, then rest assured you are not the first to experience it. I have read in the recent past of at least two such incidents in a Toyota Sienna forum I am privileged to belong to tomato pots, the vehicle models involved were very recent.

Here is her first person report for one of the vehicles:

I have attached her picture of the vehicle in flames.

Here is the first person report of the second person with a similar story whose story was carried by the media:

That is her story in the media https://www.kctv5.com/news/families-question-why-minivans-burst-in-flames-on-highways/article_c387359e-d3af-11e8-b7c4-575323523da4.html

Note: I am not saying that the cases in this post are identical, I am just alerting you to the fact that it may not be arson after all.

This underscores the importance of comprehensive insurance because like they say: "you never know when it can happen to you"

tbh in my opinion, you should jsut get a new car and not risk it. in the end tho it just depends on your luck ig.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Futuristic Bugatti Concept Vehicle That Looks Like A Batmobile / 20 Amazing Facts About Kia Cars You May Not Know / 12 Ways To Stop A Car With Faulty Brakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.