Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Accident Or Car Arson? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Accident Or Car Arson? (21777 Views)

Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! / Sell Us Your Scrap Vehicles,accident Or Parked Unused Vehicles / Sell Your Accident Or Damaged Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by magzey: 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
There may be possibility of electrical surge the issue should be after he off the engine their exist a wire touch that were burning slowly. May God protect us Amin.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Masanto: 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
But this doesn't look like 2016 Sienna na and where were u coming from around 1am?
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by adabaraabdul: 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
Yes. It has happened to a friend before. Although his was after an hour. He fixed his car stereo earlier in that day.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by agarawu23(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

Is this possible even after I have parked the car for Hours?

If Yes, then this might be what happened because I asked one of my boy to change the battery for me
that thing is very dangerous and I am 80% sure it's from the battery u asked someone to change. That's how I burnt a a Nissan 3 years ago after mech changed the battery and didn't tight the wires well.

1 Like

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by DelTel(m): 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
This is one of the reasons it's advisable to buy quality automotive batteries and original battery terminals with adequate protection for your vehicles.

TRANE batteries gives you the extra protection (in-built terminal cover) alongside the battery thus your terminal will not touch the battery holder or bonnet or any iron causing ignition of fire.

Furthermore, Nigerians needs to abide by battery specifications prescribed by vehicle manufacturers (do not install 75ah battery for a vehicle with 60ah specification for instance).

Finally, don't forget your Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance from a reputable licensed Insurance company.

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by IFNOTGOD(m): 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

This is possible but the problem is that I have parked the car for hours only for neighbours to call around 3am(like 3hours later) to inform me about the car that is on fire

PS: It was on a Concrete floor
Toyota Sienna 2016

d pics u posted is not a sienna.

if d car is flooded car from USA den it's is possible dat an electric fault may have triggered it.
an unquenched cigarette
most likely an electric fault from d battery axis, I have seen spark in my engine when d car was started by a neighbor
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by IFNOTGOD(m): 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:
Hmmmmm......

Then I guess this was what happenedembarassed

The whole Engine part is about 600k Naira

Is it advisable to repair it or buy another and sell it as Scrap?

post d pics so we know d extent of d damage or beta still wat is d extent of d damage?
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by AmuDimpka: 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:
Is it possible for One's car to get burnt on its own after parking it and switching it Off for more than 2hours?

Please take this to FP for wider views, I need to get things clear.

Many Toyota cars catch fire on its own there was a recall

1 Share

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Haric(m): 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
Jhayeahsam01:
Bible: Basic Instructions Before Leaving the Earth
How e take relate to the post?
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by symbianDON(m): 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2020
Quite possible.Almost happened to me...but I thank God I stepped out just in time. In my case, it was the tracker device in the car that somehow overheated and caught fire. Thank God I knew exactly where it was installed. I had to quickly remove the battery terminals and rip off the tracker device.

2 Likes

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by wiloy2k8(m): 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
What’s the model of the car and yes it’s possible .. heard some German cars have that issue
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Pearl05(f): 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
Sorry for your loss.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
wale0911:

I am 100% certain that this was the case. I had similar experience, I was still within the compound when I noticed flames coming out of the bonnet. It was put out on time. I lost a few plastics components under the hood. Sorry for your loss. Hope you're insured.

Nah!

But thanks
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 8:02pm On Jan 19, 2020
tunax5loon:

The guy that changed the battery is a mumu rewire
I guess so

It is well

Just Happy no one was Hurt
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2020
verifiablefacts:

parked not more than 2 hrs and it happened around 3am? Where were you coming from?

Lol...... cheesy
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
lograr:

Does this car look like Toyota sienna ? Sorry for your loss
Didnt Use any pix
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
Kelvinsaint:
my dad car got burnt after 3 hours of parking and the funny part of it is that it rained that particular day...
Hmmmmm.....

Thats New though

What was the cause?
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
Swinger60:
I don't know anything about cars, all I know is I felt your pain from this post.

Sorry about your loss. God will wipe your face with a bigger car before the year runs out.
Thanks Dear!!!
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Chuknovski(m): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
Definitely an Arson

1 Like

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
alizma:
Is possible if the car "backfires" for that long.
Explain

Wanna learn more incase of next time
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
Adam00:
village people at work.
Funny
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by alizma: 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

Explain

Wanna learn more incase of next time
The "backfire" happens when you turn off the engine but after some seconds or immediate, the engine start making some sound as if its on and working silently, someone said the engine kind of roll anti clock, I don't really know much about it but it had happened to me before and the car almost got burnt, in fact, the foot mat at the front was already burning
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by saajus: 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
It is possible scientifically but still investigate for Arson. Are you suspecting anyone? Do you have some documents that you think someone may want to destroy? Is someone fighting you? Do you have CCTV around that could help your investigation?
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Ademoore07(m): 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

This is possible but the problem is that I have parked the car for hours only for neighbours to call around 3am(like 3hours later) to inform me about the car that is on fire

Toyota Sienna 2016
But this burnt car doesn't resembles Sienna....
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by geunik(m): 9:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:
Is it possible for One's car to get burnt on its own after parking it and switching it Off for more than 2hours?

yes i have seen. It resulting from an electrical fault in the car engine. Some wires started to burn. It was the intervention of some people that ended the about to be inferno. And the owner who is the landlord was not around with the key. Have to break it open and disconnected the car battery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Exodora: 10:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
BuhariNaWah:
If the owner is a Yahoo boy, YES
Very wicked of you, like seriously what !!!! grin cool
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 10:12pm On Jan 19, 2020
Ademoore07:

But this burnt car doesn't resembles Sienna....
That one was added by the Mod

1 Like

Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
alizma:

The "backfire" happens when you turn off the engine but after some seconds or immediate, the engine start making some sound as if its on and working silently, someone said the engine kind of roll anti clock, I don't really know much about it but it had happened to me before and the car almost got burnt, in fact, the foot mat at the front was already burning

Never heard of that, but Thanks!
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by oshe11: 10:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
saajus:
It is possible scientifically but still investigate for Arson. Are you suspecting anyone? Do you have some documents that you think someone may want to destroy? Is someone fighting you? Do you have CCTV around that could help your investigation?
No CCTV

But would do the lil I can regarding investigations
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by hope4nigeria(m): 10:25pm On Jan 19, 2020
oshe11:

very possible, wiring problem, if some of the electric wires melting and wrong contact can cause gradual spark, if the owner doesn't notice on time and remove battery terminals, the car will eventually burn on its own.
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by eldeens: 1:28am On Jan 20, 2020
oshe11:

Toyota Sienna 2016

Ask yourself, what have you done inside the car, where, when and with who prior the time you parked the car, you came back around 1am and parked the car
Re: Accident Or Car Arson? by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 20, 2020
Fixed...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Danfo Or Death Trap? See What Was Spotted In Lagos Today - (Pics) / See The Futuristic Bugatti Concept Vehicle That Looks Like A Batmobile / 20 Amazing Facts About Kia Cars You May Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.