Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test (18814 Views)

COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing / NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators / COVID-19: Nigeria Adds Two Laboratories For Tests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by BleedTears: 8:10am On Mar 28, 2020
januzaj:
It's not about cashing out. If we have more testing centres, more people will be tested and those that test positive will be isolated on time before they spread it more than it has been spread. Do you actually think if we are testing massively like developed countries we would not have gotten 10 times of what we have gotten so far?

If the test and treatment is not free then is a cashout.

Some will tell you that you're positive and start milking you dry
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Openbusiness: 8:21am On Mar 28, 2020
2020 FG budget is around 10 trillion naira. I want half of that paid into my foreign bank account and I will give Buhari the Covik - 19 cure grin. He can sell it to anybody as he likes, he no concern me cool
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by silibaba: 8:22am On Mar 28, 2020
januzaj:
It's not about cashing out. If we have more testing centres, more people will be tested and those that test positive will be isolated on time before they spread it more than it has been spread. Do you actually think if we are testing massively like developed countries we would not have gotten 10 times of what we have gotten so far?

if they are not going to cash out, will the test be free?

as for me, I no get shingba to give any lab. God forbid if I get am I go just spread am. except for govt. mandate the test should be free.

they told us to sit at home as if they gave us money to survive each day.
from Monday I will go continue my hustle. is better to die of coronavirus than to die of corona hunger grin
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by tiwiex(m): 8:23am On Mar 28, 2020
januzaj:
I am actually shocked to read that the FG took its notoriety to our lives. No wonder cases are few and I was also wondering why tests were slow. Someone said cash out. He would be shocked the FG is trying to monopolize and double cash out. Are small businesses not supposed to keep in business through these services? This regime has vilified the private sector in the name of fighting corruption. The private sector has contributed mor to the Corona crisis than the FG because it hurts them more. Same would be the case with the private testing. They would double speed for their self interest.
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by MERCHANDISER: 8:29am On Mar 28, 2020
Chidonc:

Once the world recover from this, China won't find it funny
what will happen...

Will you stop using your phone because it's made in China or discard 80% of your house hold gadgets made in China
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 28, 2020
backnbeta:

Funny how you people are always envious of doctors! Only in Nigeria!!!

Is it not better to decentralize the testing so the country don't lose other probable cases to the communities? How many people can NCDC test? Are they not only testing polithiefcians and their families and a few celebrities? Is that what ya all want? Besides, how will doctors cash in on this when they are not saying let doctors test? They just want the tests decentralized so other accredited centers can help speed it up and reach more people

I don't think people are only envious of doctor, for instance i only envy musicians & footballers ...so!
for country like nigeria that lacks common database, record keeping, irregularities oupled with incompetentence i believe its best the test remains centralized, trust nigerians we can be very foolish, no quality control, the regulatory bodies are jus ceremonial .... the labs & hospitals can easily collaborate to rip patient off.
Authencity & enforcement can only be guaranteed @ the top level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by noruwasman(m): 9:08am On Mar 28, 2020
chillex8:
Doctors wanna cash out. cheesy

You're not far from their sinister motive bro
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Slimpotter(m): 9:12am On Mar 28, 2020
Opexzy:

Everything you said would have made sense if u can back it up with evidences

I wonder how some of you will just sit down at home and makeup theories that doesn't add up. The Spanish flu happened when the enmity of ww1 was at its peak, yet no one suspected it to be a bio weapon.

How difficult do you think it is to differentiate a naturally existing virus from a bio-engineered one.
The one I don't understand is the people accusing the Chinese government killing their people just because of they want to take over from the US.
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Bluffly: 9:38am On Mar 28, 2020
They should not allow as this could lead to quick multiplication. Best practices may not be maintained at those labs and can be transmitted from there. So far it is among the elites, don't bring it to the common Nigerians as that will be the end of the case.
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Neddyogu(m): 9:38am On Mar 28, 2020
persius555:

Pasteur Institute in Senegal was able to develop their ten minutes kit after getting a hold of the genome sequence which was openly made available on the internet.
First set of testing kits used in the early outbreak in honk Kong were supplied by a home medical lab owned by a German microbiologist.
If resources are pulled together, we can actually get large number of labs upgraded and made to follow strict testing procedures.
We are in a race against time and we cannot afford to wait on other countries who have their own to cater for.
If only we had invested in medical research before now.

If
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Bluffly: 9:39am On Mar 28, 2020
backnbeta:

Is it not better to decentralize the testing so the country don't lose other probable cases to the communities? How many people can NCDC test? Are they not only testing polithiefcians and their families and a few celebrities? Is that what ya all want? Besides, how will doctors cash in on this when they are not saying let doctors test? They just want the tests decentralized so other accredited centers can help speed it up and reach more people
NCDC should increase their testing centres themselves
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by gwinaB(m): 9:49am On Mar 28, 2020
This is exactly what should be done, that way the true state of affairs will be known.
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by KEMISTR3(f): 9:57am On Mar 28, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
China was
so much becoming focused on ruling the World, dominating
former World powers. Even China President never deny
there
is BioWeapon Lab in Wuhan, China. Everybody knows that
this very deadly version of the Virus leaked/originated from
the lab that was tweaking it to use BioWeapon.
This virus isn't NATURAL....IT WAS CREATED/CULTURED IN
A LAB INVITRO
Believe it or not "CORONA VIRUS IS A LABORATORY MADE
VIRUS" i know the people that made it will do everything
possible to cover their tracks because it's a long planed
work when the rest of the world were sleeping. Nobody will
claim responsible for it because the thing is already Bio
WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION.
ALL WORLD POWERS HAVE BIOWEAPONS...
Go and read "the eyes of darkness"

I have red the book, there I was convinced that this covid-19 virus is a planned work from the beginning.

The book was written and published around 1980s
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Finnese001: 10:12am On Mar 28, 2020
incogni2o:
Why is the rich the ones donating huge amounts of money now?

Is this part of the whole Plan?

Bill gates just resigned Microsoft to focus on his "Humanitarian" work. Why?

Are we just playing into thier hands?

The Virus started in a Market. Why?

Why did it start in China and the reason they were able to curtail it is bacause they had more control over thier People?

It is now reasonable for the Government to issue a sit-at-home order. Why?

Why was it released at the end of a Decade and the beginning of another?

Was Ebola a test case?

As Trump says.... We are fighthing an unknown Enemy.

The Machine.

The Funny thing is that People seem not to be able to connect the dots.

We all seem to ride along with the tide.

the picture down there said it all

Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by mfm04622: 11:18am On Mar 28, 2020
Pavore9:
Testing centres should be spread across the country. The FG would certainly be uncomfortable with such request because it would expose the doctored figures they have been feeding Nigerians with.

I am surprised you said this! You surely don't know the caliber of the person heading the Centre! Please Google him. Nigeria is NOT fugding the figures. We are not testing enough, yes. But we are reporting all positive we get! The uptick in recent numbers is due to the fact we are testing more due to the Jack Ma donation.
FG has given permission for NMA to start testing on Monday, so what does this mean to your position?
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Correcto: 11:20am On Mar 28, 2020
This is a very wrong suggestion. Only covid19 accredited labs should run the test. NMA should only regulate theirs and bastardize others. NMA has only interest of Doctors at heart not Nigerian s.
fearless247:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/covid-19-nma-asks-fg-to-allow-other-laboratories-run-test/
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by 12inchess: 11:22am On Mar 28, 2020
Pavore9:
Testing centres should be spread across the country. The FG would certainly be uncomfortable with such request because it would expose the doctored figures they have been feeding Nigerians with.

The figures cannot be doctored for long if it starts spreading rapidly and a lot of people start dieing. God Forbid. Based on level of testing and deaths, you can infer the expected number of cases. I believe Nigeria is not testing enough.

4 things we need to do.
1. LOCKDOWN the southwest and provide food so people dont die of hunger at home.
2.Increase testing. Encourage people with symptoms to test and make it free and provide free treatment.
3.Start procuring or creating medical supplies. Ventilators, masks, bed etc.
4. Pray more.

Once we increase testing we will have more confirm cases.

Ps: If any confirmed case was detected among the winners chapel congregants that attended during the Lock down. The church should be made to pay for the testing and treatment.
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Correcto: 11:42am On Mar 28, 2020
Doctors are just full of themselves. What makes you think people are envy of doctors? Footballers enjoy themselves and earn way more higher that they can even pay you and the lecturer that taught you. Many IT experts still earn better than you. Ventilators is needed in the country now, can doctors create one? A vaccine is needed, can doctors create one? This is 2020, stay woke.
backnbeta:

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Pavore9: 11:43am On Mar 28, 2020
mfm04622:

I am surprised you said this! You surely don't know the caliber of the person heading the Centre! Please Google him. Nigeria is NOT fugding the figures. We are not testing enough, yes. But we are reporting all positive we get! The uptick in recent numbers is due to the fact we are testing more due to the Jack Ma donation.
FG has given permission for NMA to start testing on Monday, so what does this mean to your position?

I agree with you we are not testing enough but why hoarding the number of those tested, it ought to reflect on the data they share when they announce new cases, so we can work out the percentage.
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Pataricatering(f): 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
It’s not surprising ur a trump follower !
incogni2o:

Bill gates just resigned Microsoft to focus on his "Humanitarian" work. Why?

Are we just playing into thier hands?

The Virus started in a Market. Why?

Why did it start in China and the reason they were able to curtail it is bacause they had more control over thier People?

It is now reasonable for the Government to issue a sit-at-home order. Why?

Why was it released at the end of a Decade and the beginning of another?

Was Ebola a test case?

As Trump says.... We are fighthing an unknown Enemy.

The Machine.

The Funny thing is that People seem not to be able to connect the dots.

We all seem to ride along with the tide.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by mfm04622: 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2020
Pavore9:

I agree with you we are not testing enough but why hoarding the number of those tested, it ought to reflect on the data they share when they announce new cases, so we can work out the percentage.

True! However, they still provide it. It was 300 and something as at yesterday. The minister was asked yesterday and he provided that figure
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Legendguru: 4:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
Yes
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by larryking540: 5:21pm On Mar 28, 2020
Opexzy:

Everything you said would have made sense if u can back it up with evidences

I wonder how some of you will just sit down at home and makeup theories that doesn't add up. The Spanish flu happened when the enmity of ww1 was at its peak, yet no one suspected it to be a bio weapon.

How difficult do you think it is to differentiate a naturally existing virus from a bio-engineered one.
Bro belevie it or not , technology u admire to day was long time created ,weapons u see today ad bioweapon u see today was also long time created ,
In Africa we love to sleep while in the Western world they are never asleep never
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by Mercycity: 1:59am On Mar 29, 2020
chillex8:
Doctors wanna cash out. cheesy
.Your hatred for doctors is much oo.Despite the fact that they can die while trying to *cash out* ,You still envy them this much
Re: Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test by ivolt: 8:04am On Mar 29, 2020
incogni2o:

Can you donate money out of poverty?
Read the questions you ask before posting them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Tests Positive For Ebola In Liberia / Problem With Early Mouth Odour / The New STD That Can Kill You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.