Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares (25381 Views)

#ENDSARS: BRT Operator Suspends Services, Blames Protests / Lagos BRT Operator Plans Upward Review Of Fares / These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by Gap2020(m): 6:51am On May 29, 2020
SouthNigerian:

The only thing you guys are most capable of doing is to Criticize & Criticize & Criticize.

Can you sustain a business that continually runs at loss? Danfo suppose dey carry people from Maryland to CMS for Waso nah undecided
. What is the benefit of the citizens when government cannot afford to subsidies transport, tax , food , education and health related issues during this period.

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by deebrain(m): 7:05am On May 29, 2020
I hope we are ready?
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by Blackmann001: 7:27am On May 29, 2020
SouthNigerian:

The only thing you guys are most capable of doing is to Criticize & Criticize & Criticize.

Can you sustain a business that continually runs at loss? Danfo suppose dey carry people from Maryland to CMS for Waso nah undecided

A govt train service operator decline to suspend scheduled rail service to a certain village in Japan because just one teenager staying with her grandma depends on it for transportation to her skl in the big town..

this is even though no one else still use the services in that district .they decided to continue the service for one more year when the teenage girl would graduate from school

Know it 2day,government is not all abt money and profits...the people matters the most in sane countries

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by anthropizzy(m): 7:27am On May 29, 2020
This is a bad precedent insense that other public transport system especially Danfos, Red brt buses too would increase their bus fare. BRT bus fares are seen as a guideline in determining general bus fares in lagos. This would now paved way for private car now doing public transport on a coded level.

I dont blame premero at all i blame docile lagosians who refused to end Tinubu's dynasty in government.

Emperor Bola Ahmed Tinubu i Hail you o. Keep on exploiting the people at the detriment of the poor and Lagosians you need to free yourself from the shackles of the power that be in lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by anthropizzy(m): 7:31am On May 29, 2020
MurphyInc:
The only solution is to boycott the use of BRT buses.I don't know when the masses will enjoy being a Nigerian from the government.its so sad how Nigerians are taken for granted by the crooks at the high places.

Rise and fight for your right Nigerians !

If they boycott premero brt buses other public transport system like Danfos are hyenas. Their own bus fares are killing and annoying.

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by JiffyLou(m): 7:36am On May 29, 2020
MurphyInc:
The only solution is to boycott the use of BRT buses.I don't know when the masses will enjoy being a Nigerian from the government.its so sad how Nigerians are taken for granted by the crooks at the high places.

Rise and fight for your right Nigerians !

That is a future Impossible tense. Nigerians wey like suffering and smiling. We have learned to be helpless in this country and that is why we are still where we are.

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by anthropizzy(m): 7:41am On May 29, 2020
Queenserah26:
The common man always bears the brunt at the end of the day shocked undecided

The masses need to step up and do the right thing by voting in the right people. We are so so so docile in this country.!!!!!!CHAI!!!!
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by anthropizzy(m): 7:44am On May 29, 2020
KoolBigk:
How did Nigeria get here Corruption has eaten so deep into the system & it's has become a norm. So sad!

Other countries are trying to ease up things for their citizens, Nigeria government on the other hand still stealing from the masses & making things unbearable. I weep for Nigeria!

Imagine someone on a salary of like 50k that needs to catch like 2-3 buses (@N300 & N500 respectively)from home to work & vice versa. Tell me, how will such a person survive

Bunch of fools in the government ain't helping Nigeria situations at all.

We the masses are the cause insense that we vote them into power and our government is the reflection of who we are.
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by DEADALIVE: 7:47am On May 29, 2020
This is what you get when u run an incompetent Government....if you give the brt knly the right to carry full capacity sitted without social distancing then the price must remain thesame...you cant eat your cake and still want to have it...other private owner tata and red bus will also want thesame and now price will remain at hike without reduction....

I have always said it until we ensure that those that school abroad stop ruling us with international ideas that never works in a country that dwells in the ocean of disorganization in every areas of her lives the country will continue to suffer and only the rich with power will always benefit from whatever situation arises.

Usless government
Useless people

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by anthropizzy(m): 7:49am On May 29, 2020
Sagay212:
Fool.ish cursed people. They won't allow competition but will increase bus fare anyhow they like with terrible customer service. They monopolise the brt lane and would allow other commercial drivers use it.

If you have money and decide you want to go into transport business to compete with these basta.rds, they do everything to frustrate your business. The same people are looking for a way to ban okada and napep totally and bring in their own useless transportation.
I really don't blame them. I blame then useless and senseless agberos who allow themselves to be used and dumped.

Boss God bless you. You Sabi.

Do you know that they frustrate investors who wants to open our waterway transport system in lagos. The powers that be in Lagos frustrated their plan. That is why our waterway transport system is in shambles.

S. M. H
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by anthropizzy(m): 7:54am On May 29, 2020
seborrhic:
Eh,eh,their childish moves and excuses to increase fares were so predictable.
I predicted it right as soon as they used the Covid to increase all short distance routes.
Foolish people.
66% increase at a time when diesel and petrol prices were coming down.
Increase in cost of diesel was the excuse they used to justify their former raises,but now that that has gone out of the door,what is their excuse now?

Would they reduce the price when things are back to normal?

Hell No.

They are seizing this opportunity to increase their fares why are we like this in this country. Prices of diesel are coming down o.
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by anthropizzy(m): 7:56am On May 29, 2020
walexbiz:

What difference does it make, are they not related? it's very unfortunate that a company like primero which is supposed to stand by its customer has suddenly turned around to inflict a deep wound on Lagosians. the reason why this is happening is that the company enjoys an undeserved monopoly. I know in the nearest future the shackles of bourdilion will be broken and all those criminals installed in official capacity by the lagos landlord would be made accountable for their misdeeds.

Power is transient,nothing last forever. Bourdilion will fall one day.
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by anthropizzy(m): 7:58am On May 29, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin

And the suffering masses will still praise the government and say they RE doing well

You have a point. They would vote APC in the next coming general elections.

S. M. H
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by anthropizzy(m): 8:00am On May 29, 2020
biafran1stson:
Workers are only getting 50% of the wages, some are being laid off, some are finding it difficult to feed, there is increased hardship everywhere. Yet Lagos state government find it very easy to increase fare from 300 to 500.

Other governments are giving genuine palliatives to their citizens but here is nothing. All man for himself. No food, no money no nothing from the government rather they are taking from the people.

What kind people are these?
Where is the conscious of this people?

It is a reflection of who we are because we vote them into power. I just dont know why we are so docile.

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by anthropizzy(m): 8:03am On May 29, 2020
OKTolu:
In spite of the economics situation in the country due to covid 19,people are finding it difficult to feed and government is busy thinking of how to increase t fare.

It only God that can help us in this country.

It is we that would help ourselves not God because we vote them in. Was it God that vote them into power? No

The day that we do the right thing, things would start getting better.
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by anthropizzy(m): 8:05am On May 29, 2020
CaptainFM1:

You are partly right. it is not sustainable in the long run and no one knows how long Covid-19 will be with us.

However, this is one easy area palliatives can be felt. Government should subsidize the fare for the masses. Luxembourg already making her public transportation free across trams, trains and buses. This is one palliative that will easily be felt if Government can do it.

People's earning power has been battered by this lockdown, so asking them to pay more is very ludicrous.

Bless you. You spoke my mind.
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by Kursk2019(m): 8:08am On May 29, 2020
Another rough play in the jungle called a country..
I wish Ieave this country soon
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by iwaeda: 8:34am On May 29, 2020
DEADALIVE:
This is what you get when u run an incompetent Government....if you give the brt knly the right to carry full capacity sitted without social distancing then the price must remain thesame...you cant eat your cake and still want to have it...other private owner tata and red bus will also want thesame and now price will remain at hike without reduction....

I have always said it until we ensure that those that school abroad stop ruling us with international ideas that never works in a country that dwells in the ocean of disorganization in every areas of her lives the country will continue to suffer and only the rich with power will always benefit from whatever situation arises.

Usless government
Useless people
Developed countries are giving palliatives, but here milking people to death is our logo.
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by TheSociopath(m): 8:44am On May 29, 2020
Carrying 20 peeps instead of 70 and you don't want them to increase fares
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by gulfer: 9:00am On May 29, 2020
Can we just boycott their services until the government subsidizes angry angry angry
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by popcykaylah(m): 9:05am On May 29, 2020
Bad news is that even when things go back to normal ..prices will never go back ..
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by dangoteinlaw: 9:34am On May 29, 2020
And with these happening people will still open their smelling mouths to blame yahooboys , i was a fool to not have learned wen i had the chance now look at where i am and with what's going on now the surfering is just getting started
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by seborrhic: 9:46am On May 29, 2020
anthropizzy:

Would they reduce the price when things are back to normal?

Hell No.

They are seizing this opportunity to increase their fares why are we like this in this country. Prices of diesel are coming down o.
The salary increase for civil servants have been completely wiped out.
A low income worker on say N35k/month living in say Ikorodu or Ogun border towns and working in Lagos would spend now on average at least:N1000 x 22=N22k on transport alone!No food/water or occasional soft drink to quench the thirst added in the workplace added,yet the salary is gone already!!
There are private workers that earn less than 30k monthly.How would both sets of workers cope?
So how do you expect such people and even the middle earners not to cut corners and engage in corrupt or illegal activities at their work places.
This too would impact on prices of items in the market and services because they too have to factor the increased cost of transport to their costs.
We are officially sanctioning corruption and cutting of corners in the society.
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by mindtricks: 9:52am On May 29, 2020
Mikelarteta:
A responsible Government will bear the extra cost of the increase to reduce the burden on its people, but in Nigeria no Government gives a fk. Some countries paid their citizens to stay at home. Even if Nigeria can’t do that, they should be able to at least cushion the effect of any extra cost in transportation on its citizens.

Ain't hard to tell.
Do they really care?
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by mindtricks: 9:56am On May 29, 2020
anthropizzy:

It is we that would help ourselves not God because we vote them in. Was it God that vote them into power? No

The day that we do the right thing, things would start getting better.

Vote them in? I think you mean:
Rig them in.. A typo I guess.
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by SarkinYarki: 9:57am On May 29, 2020
eagleonearth:
Bola is different from Fola, Bola former Lagos state governor is the one who pleaded for VAT reduction.

I know
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by Gabbyraze(m): 10:20am On May 29, 2020
post=90066515:

When other countries are NOT collecting fares from their citizens cos of this covid-19 issue affecting the world
So how do they pay their workers and stay in business? or u think say na state government get primero
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by Chiefologuro: 11:18am On May 29, 2020
[quote author=SarkinYarki post=90063129]And a dude here predicted it...The same Tinubu that asked Buhari to reduce VAT is increasing Bus fair ..next stop is Toll gates [/q
Don't be stupidly stupid. Is it Tinubu that is running BRT operations in Lagos.
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by Phobia26(m): 11:21am On May 29, 2020
Self-centered Government... #400 & #250 is OK. why u people don't think of mass benefit but only ur own pocket....some Even stupid to the extent of comparing Danfo to BRT in the name Defending Tinubu...I want u to remember that we are all suffered for the little part of our roads that special for them.. instead of all of us shout in one tone but some politician slaves will still bring politics to personal matter.... Slavery Citizens
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by SarkinYarki: 12:03pm On May 29, 2020
[quote author=Chiefologuro post=90081805][/quote]

You see why I insist some of you are iredeemably naive ... If you don't understand the relationship between. primero and Lagos State govt please keep quiet
Re: Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares by Bekeey: 12:19pm On May 29, 2020
Believe me they gonna loose customers. How do you expect someone staying between Irawo and Owode onirin to pay 500 rather he pay 100 or waso to Mile12 and 300 to TBS..nonsense, and how do you expect someone to pay 300 from Ikorodu to Mile12 while Danfo and cars collects 200...nonsense, and how do expect someone to pay 300 from Mile12 to Maryland while Danfo and some cars collects 200..nonsense...and etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Travail In Libya As I Sold My 4 Bedroom Flat For 450,000 / 2 Co-Wives, Their Family Member And 7 Others Die In Kwara Auto Crash (Photos) / Nigerian Man Shares Touching Story Of His Journey And Hustle In The UAE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.