Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control (49265 Views)

Iran Claims It Has Attacked An Israeli Spy Base In Kurdistan(photos) / Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi / Ukraine Breaks Diplomatic Ties With Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Kubernetes: 7:07am On May 30, 2020
I hear these multilateral health agencies spend billions of Naira on our health institutions.What baffles me is,I go to these hospitals in our locality and see no drugs, equipments and nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Mawex(m): 7:08am On May 30, 2020
persius555:
The same way they would cut ties with Afdb if they dont succeed in removing Akinwumi Adeshina from office.

It's the usual rant when they can't have their way. The earlier Africans get off their addiction to foreign aids , especially from the west, the better for it's economy.

Africans are a disgrace to the world, the African leaders of any country since from independence are completely very useless.

Look what's happening to Adesina, if we take side and America fails we fear it might cut ties with us and we think we can't survive if they cut ties with us and it's true, and it's true because anything in Africa can't do without US or China, we simply can't survive without any of the two.

Look at WHO DG he's African but nobody is replying Donald Trump that this guy is doing his best, the African leaders are quite and enjoying the pandemic because if they talk they're afraid that if the US cut ties with us we're finished, and it's true, or if we take side and the Chinese cut ties with us we're finish and it's true, either way African nations are useless in the affairs of the world, we've made our countries to be beggars in the eyes of the world.

The African leaders have failed Africa, and yet everyday Africans always believe that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, which tunnel first, you didn't build any tunnel talk less of finding a light at the end of it, we don't have a tunnel, wake up to the reality that this part of the world is still sleeping, we don't have anything to be proud of instead we're always proud of our culture, who culture help please, stop that nonsense and wake up to the reality that the world see us as a burden that need to be done with, US cut ties with WHO and we're crying because we can't survive without the aid of the WHO neither the aid of other countries, please tell me if not beggars who else depends on foreign aid.

Our so called great leaders failed the system we've nothing to tell our kids why those people are so special, no infrastructure, no good education no nothing, the dream of an African man is always how to make the money that will take him out of Africa because Africa is a mess whether you believe it or not.

It's a pandemic time and everyone is just watching Africa and saying let's see how they deal with it because they know we lack health care and anything that can help us, and yet Africa is still waiting for a foreign aid.

Africa wake up, we've nothing to offer to the world, we're solely dependent on foreign countries to help us.

Nobody's gonna fight your own battle.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by salford1: 7:09am On May 30, 2020
goldman777:
My conclusion if a stupid white man like Donald Trump can become a billionaire and president of America then anybody can be successful even stupid people become successful when the conditions are right undecided.Contrary to the popular believe people have of being successful.donald Trump is such a wimp undecided
You give him too much credit. cheesy

Fred Trump (Trump's Dad) died in 1999 with an estimated net wealth between $250 million and $300 million.

Further, in 2003, it was reported that Donald and his siblings sold a portion of their father’s real estate holdings for around half a billion dollars. In addition to this inheritance, Trump’s father helped the mogul financially throughout his lifetime by giving him loans and access to trust funds and establishing a wealth of real estate and political connections for his son.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by PigTormentor: 7:09am On May 30, 2020
ethicallyright:
[s][/s]
Keep quiet good for nothing right wing terrorist. Hypocrite lying with the name of God.
You sheep support a vulgar reality star capitalist who doesn't want global health insurance but demonize a good man who has pledged a substantial amount of his wealth for that cause.

Stop spamming Nairaland please.

Don't mind these blind sheep, Trump is destroying America one tweet at a time. Nov 3rd can't get here fast enough, the lying SOB has to go.
Once the narcissistic dotard is voted out, the US will join WHO again under Biden. Take that to the bank.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by PigTormentor: 7:10am On May 30, 2020
[s]
Righteousness89:
Bravo!

GOD BLESS President Donald Trump for this Bold Move!

This is the Man that suits these times!

Go on Trump!

No Weapon formed or Fashioned against you will Prosper!
[/s]

Posting rubbish trash as usual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by DoubleEngine007: 7:10am On May 30, 2020
DanjaNinja:

My brother, America na scam. The American government is not paying the medical bills of those who were infected and receiving treatment. It’s all man for himself. The cost of treatment is at least $10,000.00. Every patient has to pay that bill themselves. You are lucky if you have health insurance. Many people don’t have health insurance.

The ventilators belong to the National stockpile. The national stockpile was created by the Us federal government to serve as a backup for cases where individual states need extra medical supplies. The stockpile is funded by taxes collected form each state. So saying Trump donated is a misnomer. It is not his to begin with. It belongs to every state. As for donating a thousand, I’m not sure. I live in the Eastern Seaboard of the US and my state has been doing fine.

Lastly, there is no relationship bw 5G and corona virus. In fact, I have a friend who works with Verizon and they have been installing and testing 5G since late 2018. Corona is a virus, 5G is electromagnetic. The two no relate. It’s like saying microwave causes corona virus.
Na wah o... Its well.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by salford1: 7:11am On May 30, 2020
Kubernetes:
I hear these multilateral health agencies spend billions of Naira on our health institutions.What baffles me is,I go to these hospitals in our locality and see no drugs, equipments and nothing.
You are right as well. Ask any friend you have working for an NGO. Blame the politicians and hospital administrators. They even sell some of the drugs and mosquito nets that are meant to be given freely.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Nobody: 7:11am On May 30, 2020
pyro62:

Weather Trump withdraws his assistance from WHO or not, it doesn't affect us here in Nigeria. I've not received any assistance whatsoever from WHO so I really don't care. But why I would continue standing beside Trump against WHO is because of their injustice against Madagascar. They don't want an African country to enjoy the monopoly or the glory of getting a cure for the next 10years. They'll soon give it to China from what I speculate. God bless Donald Trump. The world would miss him after 2025

Well, considering the WHO is the reason why you 1) got vaccinated as a child 2) got things like mosquito nets 3) support for medical facilites in Africa 4) support for HIV positive patients 5) public health projects...6) even your common malarial drugs are sold at relatively cheap prices thanks to them, .I'll say you have benefited from the WHO well well.

As for the Madagascar cure...there is a way in which you test drugs. You start with experiments at the cellular level, then go to animal testing, then human testing in three phases. You don't just wake up and announce that you have a cure like that. That is how most drugs are tested., including many of the drugs you and your relatives take.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by joyfullyjoyous(f): 7:12am On May 30, 2020
It's a mystery truly that China of about 1.4milliin population would have just about 4k+ deaths while America that's about 300m poopulation has lost over 100k ppl to Corona virus.
It's nice move though it would affect us but then our leaders should be wiser now.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by wickedtuna: 7:12am On May 30, 2020
peacettw:

You are joking right. Tell me that you aren't this ignorant and this is just one of dem 'jokes'. Gosh
Lol since this pandemic started, they have done nothing but mislead people. So tell me kind sir, is it the aid they send? Because if we had a good healthcare system, we wont be needing the aid.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by DataDash: 7:13am On May 30, 2020
DriggityDre:

Oh, sorry didn't see that. The name and logo is identical to Nairaland's though.
When did you start, btw?
I started it today
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by DriggityDre: 7:13am On May 30, 2020
henryobinna:
Oga what is wrong with being a capitalist?

Do you even understand what you attack?

Some of you will pick up names used by people then start using it with understanding how and why?

So according to you, being a capitalist is a bad thing and deserves name calling..
Impressive!!!
Lol. henryobinna dey vex grin
I've come to a conclusion that even aboki has access to Nairaland.

Most times, engaging these guys is futile.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by MadeINchenzen2: 7:14am On May 30, 2020
salford1:
God bless America and the rest of the Western World.
yeah.cheesy
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Born2conquer: 7:15am On May 30, 2020
salford1:

I do not live in Nigeria or anywhere in Africa neither am I your bro. I do not relate with the devil and his little minions..
Egbon!! This is loud o

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:15am On May 30, 2020
Punchline33:
Interesting. Though am not a fan of Trump but the WHO have questions to answer. The DG is Ethiopian, Chinese aides come through Ethiopia for the rest of Africa, China has a lot of investment in Ethiopia including their high speed rail system. One can clearly see how China is using Ethiopia to undermine Africa's interest. But then, if Nigeria doesnt stand by the WHO's DG, we risk losing support for Adesina from other African nations in his current travails in the hands of US... so at the end, National interest is what should guide our decisions as a country.

We should stand with him for giving us COVID?
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Mightyjohn11(m): 7:15am On May 30, 2020
darthv:
I don't even understand trump again
u dont need to understand him. His sense of reasoning is far much higher than u.....smiles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Nobody: 7:16am On May 30, 2020
Kubernetes:

The WHO and other organizations can only do so much. But they do try (eg vaccinations, HIV prevention and treatment). Most of the time, it is the government that does/is supposed to do most of the spending.

And with healthcare spending in Nigeria for this year being 2.6billion dollars (compare to Spain which spends 100 billion dollars for health...five times the amount of our budget) it isn't any wonder the hospitals in Nigeria look awful.

(Spain's tax to GDP ratio is 34.4% compared to Nigeria's 5.8% too)

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by dangoteinlaw: 7:16am On May 30, 2020
Drama queen trump

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by seunmsg(m): 7:19am On May 30, 2020
Hopefully, Americans can do the rest of the world a favour by voting out Trump by November. He has done enough damage to America and the world already.

Going forward, the rest of the world need to learn how to live without the US. Europe must prioritize taking absolute control of her security and start a new friendly chapter with Russia and China.

African leaders must also understand that its time to look inwards to solve all the problems of the continent. The era of living on aids from western agencies like WHO and USAID is over. They must strengthen regional and sub-regional bodies to be able to respond to Africa’s challenges.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by DriggityDre: 7:19am On May 30, 2020
DataDash:
I started it today
Nice o.
I can see you are an anime fan grin
Originality should be part of your main focus though.
The site is still good for a first.

Are those original anime characters, if I may ask?
Is the site built on coding?
Apologies for the sudden questions. I am just intrigued.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Nkaluu800(m): 7:20am On May 30, 2020
The idiot is becoming annoying
Keep quiet good for nothing right wing terrorist. Hypocrite lying with the name of God.
You sheep support a vulgar reality star capitalist who doesn't want global health insurance but demonize a good man who has pledged a substantial amount of his wealth for that cause.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by pretyval: 7:20am On May 30, 2020
This is how they control Africa, making us think we can’t survive without their Aids.... wHO should go to hell... China with them too... for every thing given to you by the devil, expect a million and one evils. OBJ brought China into Nigerian waters and it seemed like the best for us, it still feels like they did us a Favour. But ask yourselves how much we owe them in debt? The biggest challenge we have in Nigeria is actually not our leaders who are gravely corrupt, nor the spiritual leaders who are only after their pockets and self glorification. The biggest challenge we have is WE as citizens allowing ourselves to be ridden over for so long. The biggest challenge we have is WE as citizens more interested in trends like the ongoing #Thematter trend. The biggest challenge we have is WE more interested in ‘surviving the day’ and letting tomorrow take care of itself. We are all guilty of not truly caring for ourselves. No spirit of patriotism which can’t be blamed before our Oga’s have caged our minds. I’ll leave my argument here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:20am On May 30, 2020
If this is Trump's reason for cutting ties with WHO then it's evident Trump and the US hatred against China is so strong. I see no wrong WHO did. Trump is overblowing and exaggerating their carelessness

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Fearlez: 7:21am On May 30, 2020
ethicallyright:
[s][/s]

you seem like the terrorist here. The dude you quoted said his opinion but you're not only asking him to shut up, you branded him a terrorist for supporting a presidential directive punishing China for liberty denial.

The hypocrisy of leftist propagandists like you is nauseating.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Alabaarowolo: 7:22am On May 30, 2020
Why I pulled US out of WHO – Trump
President Donald Trump announced on Friday that the United States will terminate its relationship with the World Health Organization, a move he has threatened throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
“Because they have failed to make the requested and greatly needed reforms, we will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization and redirecting those funds to other worldwide and deserving, urgent global public health needs,” Trump said.
The President said that the “world needs answers from China on the virus. We must have transparency.
“Earlier in his remarks, he said that China had not properly reported information it had about the coronavirus to the World Health Organization and said China had pressured the WHO to “mislead the world.
“Chinese officials ignored their reporting obligations to the World Health Organization and pressured the World Health Organization to mislead the world when the virus was first discovered by Chinese authorities,” Trump said
https://www.blueprint.ng/why-i-pulled-us-out-of-who-trump/

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Donraqh(m): 7:22am On May 30, 2020
AdaGod1:
Now that's the leader every nation wants
i can't be doling out billions of usd only for you to be working with enemies and sabotaging my country.
Typical America first
people wondered how this man won the presidential seat against a very popular candidate and very strong political party
me too I wondered how come
But if you look closely this is one of the reasons.
his pan America is second to none.
no negotiations when it comes to the welfare of America and Americans, no time for sentiments and sugarcoating.
he might not be a good blabber or orator like Obama but this man Trump is 1000% far better than worthless president Obama.

Even against all odds and campaign of calumny against him I still see him scale through in November.
let's see where China funding can take WHO to
Useless organization run by useless Chinese communists
God bless President Trump
God bless America
Thunder scatter buhari
thunder scatter all Buhari's supporters

Trump has apparently scored another point into the election, a very smart one at that.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by salford1: 7:23am On May 30, 2020
Reference:

But don't you consider that a continuous stream of aid is what holds this continent down. Free money has never helped anyone. Have you ever seen beggars refuse a tip and decide to work. Don't you think it is time someone tells Africa the truth. You boast of Canada as a country not taking aid and the source of your prosperity yet you are not angry that Africa is aid dependent. How do you reconcile that if you have an iota of love for the continent or the country Nigeria.

Those who love not only desire the prosperity and liberty of the subject matter but are willing to advice and perhaps impose the hardships associated with the reality of moving forward. You cannit claim to love your child yet ruin him with aid till his old age. Whether by omission or comission less aid for Africa is better. Let Africa begin to wake up. We need investment not aid.

We will never become a Canada like this.
You are right sir, but are the present generation of Africans, specifically Nigerians ready to wake up? Time will tell.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by pyro62(m): 7:23am On May 30, 2020
kikero:

Well, considering the WHO is the reason why you 1) got vaccinated as a child 2) got things like mosquito nets 3) support for medical facilites in Africa 4) support for HIV positive patients 5) public health projects...6) even your common malarial drugs are sold at relatively cheap prices thanks to them, .I'll say you have benefited from the WHO well well.

As for the Madagascar cure...there is a way in which you test drugs. You start with experiments at the cellular level, then go to animal testing, then human testing in three phases. You don't just wake up and announce that you have a cure like that. That is how most drugs are tested., including many of the drugs you and your relatives take.

Now African presidents are calling the Madagascan president and congratulating him for his bravery resisting the mouth watery amount offered to him to put some toxins into their covid organics. Or do you think the Madagascan president felt like lying against the WHO? Or do you think he has been sponsored by Trump?
Well, it doesn't matter what you think or not. Fact remains that WHO are not straightforward and I'm solidly behind Trump on this one..
And besides the biggest contributors to the WHO have relinquished support from them. If Buhari is intelligent, he should know where his allegiance should be.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Balogunodua(m): 7:25am On May 30, 2020
China is sucessfully eliminating USA left and right from world organizations.

Chinkos no get joy i swear grin very soon USA will lose against China in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by salford1: 7:27am On May 30, 2020
kikero:

The WHO and other organizations can only do so much. But they do try (eg vaccinations, HIV prevention and treatment). Most of the time, it is the government that does/is supposed to do most of the spending.

And with healthcare spending in Nigeria for this year being 2.6billion dollars (compare to Spain which spends 100 billion dollars for health...five times the amount of our budget) it isn't any wonder the hospitals in Nigeria look awful.

(Spain's tax to GDP ratio is 34.4% compared to Nigeria's 5.8% too)
Awesome post.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by DataDash: 7:28am On May 30, 2020
DriggityDre:
Nice o.
I can see you are an anime fan grin
Originality should be part of your main focus though.
The site is still good for a first.

Are those original anime characters, if I may ask?
Is the site built on coding?
Apologies for the sudden questions. I am just intrigued.
no unfortunately they are not original, I plan to make some in the future if it takes off. I made the site because I notice that there are many Nigerians do not even know what an Imageboard is and I think the anonymous nature and the ease of posting images will intrigued them. And they are very popular in Japan and and America so why not nigeria. And it is built on karena imageboard code
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Reference(m): 7:28am On May 30, 2020
The only organisation that tells us the truth is the IMF. That is why beggerly citizens filled with sentiment hate it. They tell you clearly to cut your coat according to your cloth and spend only what you have. Of course that will irk a beggar but what can get you out of poverty faster than that. Every other thing is self deception. Just look at Nigeria today.

With all its resources and record borrowing poverty abounds. We have no idea of how to SELF GENERATE PROSPERITY. We elect leaders out of sentiment not capabilities because we can access easy money without responsibility masquerading as aid. IT HAS TO STOP.

Africans can work. We work. I work my a.ss 7 days a week for weeks on end before rotating out. I have loved ones at the forefront of the Covid battle who have been doing 18 hour shifts since this problem started. Not every African is lazily waiting for aid. We need partnerships, investment. We are not looking to short change society like the so called leaders who fly private jets and drive bigger car convoys than those they borrow from or seek aid from. It is evil. That is why we berate them everyday.

And if the aid will end we real Nigerians say, so be it.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Biden To Sign Executive Order To Join Paris Club & Rescind Travel Ban / Israel Has No Right To Defend Itself - Russia / Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.