Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control (49258 Views)

Iran Claims It Has Attacked An Israeli Spy Base In Kurdistan(photos) / Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi / Ukraine Breaks Diplomatic Ties With Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by juman(m): 7:30am On May 30, 2020
Nonsense.
$450m is small money that can be contributed by other countries.

Trump trying to push his failure on corona to WHO.
Trump handled corona issue very badly.

Most corona infection in america were mainly from people traveled from europe.
Not from china.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Fearlez: 7:31am On May 30, 2020
salford1:

I do not live in Nigeria or anywhere in Africa neither am I your bro. I do not relate with the devil and his little minions..
liberals and far leftists have only sentiments and emotional blackmail standing for them. No science, logic, history or reason. Just sentiments.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by henryobinna(m): 7:31am On May 30, 2020
DriggityDre:
Lol. henryobinna dey vex grin
I've come to a conclusion that even aboki has access to Nairaland.

Most times, engaging these guys is futile.
you're absolutely correct.

I don't know when being a capitalist became a crime or sin.

it's like they do copy and paste with some of these insults and accusations
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Reference(m): 7:32am On May 30, 2020
salford1:

You are right sir, but are the present generation of Africans, specifically Nigerians ready to wake up? Time will tell.

Help us by hammering it into the thick heads of Africans, Nigerians to be specific, that they should cast aside sentiment and organise themselves around the values that bring about solid development. We just cannot continue like this.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by darediamond(m): 7:32am On May 30, 2020
LoveToRead:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-donald-trump-terminates-relationship-with-world-health-organisation-11997100
Trump you can only Fool the Gullibles.
All you Nations that Supports Birth Control, Population Increase Control Knows about the ongoing Global Pandemic especially all members of N.A.T.O

Infact, to be straight forward, All Nations of the World Private Families or The Lords Knows about it.

Just like Obama, you were Behind the Curtains Choosen by the 13 Elders for The Committee Of 300!!

W.H.O is one of the Covert Organizations begin used by the Olympians to Kill Down The World Population.
U.S.A herself is Workshop for to Destabilized the world in all Ramifications of Humanity.
U.S.A is not a Country, but rather it is a System.

W.H.O means Death especially for Africans. This is not propaganda People. This is not conspiracy Theory. If you have opportunity to see what is ACTUALLY GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES, you wish God place you in another Planet.

Run for your life!!!!!
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by MajorOvakporaye(f): 7:34am On May 30, 2020
ethicallyright:
[s][/s]
Keep quiet good for nothing right wing terrorist. Hypocrite lying with the name of God.
You sheep support a vulgar reality star capitalist who doesn't want global health insurance but demonize a good man who has pledged a substantial amount of his wealth for that cause.

Stop spamming Nairaland please.

will you shut up there!!!
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by juman(m): 7:35am On May 30, 2020
But we must thank americans so much for their big contributions to WHO, UN, and others over very long years.

America was truly a super power country.
Before, whenever overwhelming incident or disaster happened in the world.
People pray to God for help.
Next on their minds is to seek help from america.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by MajorOvakporaye(f): 7:37am On May 30, 2020
salford1:

Congratulations.
You just answered your own questions.

Aslong as African countries lack good leadership, begging for aids from organizations such as the WHO would not end. Nigerian Senators, HORs, governors etc would rather enrich themselves than help less privileged Nigerians. Same as alot of other African countries with corrupt leadership.

A good example below:

Major donor contributors for free HIV and malaria drugs in Nigeria and some other African countries for example includes the WHO, The US Gov through (PEPFAR), World Bank, Unicef etc

However, the budget from Donald Trump's White House last year for 2020 includes a whopping $1.35 billion in cuts to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and $392 million in cuts to the funds to fight tuberculosis and malaria. This Corona outbreak also gave the US president another opportunity or justification to remove US own contribution to the WHO. Note there are many countries that contribute to the WHOs purse not just the US
The WHO Ethiopian president, executives and workers could care less, they would still get paid their fat salary. Let's even say WHO gets disbanded (which is not possible), their staff would simply get absorbed into the UN. Na citizens of poor countries go hear am.

For this, coupled with many other holes plugging by the US gov just tells us that the US can't be bothered to offer good assistance to any disadvantaged or poor countries in the world again. It's now America first which is good for them - Nationalism.

To be honest, I can't even be bothered if Trump gets re-elected in November. It actually favours me as I work in the Energy industry in Canada. Trump loves the energy industry, and he has speedily approved our pipeline that carries oil from Alberta all the way to Texas. It's a win for my Canadian economy. However, not much benefit is Trump's win for poor and shyte hole countries..Goodluck to Nigeria and Africa.

SHUT UP!!!

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Nobody: 7:37am On May 30, 2020
joyfullyjoyous:
It's a mystery truly that China of about 1.4milliin population would have just about 4k+ deaths while America that's about 300m poopulation has lost over 100k ppl to Corona virus.
It's nice move though it would affect us but then our leaders should be wiser now.

That's because the Americans travel abroad frequently, and a lot of people travel to America frequently.Jet travel facilatated the spread of covid19. Many Amercians travel not only to China, but also to many European countries. Then there are those Americans who go on cruises. Nice way of transporting the virus around the country too

Also, Americans report everything. The Chinese on the other hand....

3 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by mexicocity: 7:37am On May 30, 2020
I think here in Africa most people have a serious problem with their brain, and I don't even know the cause.
Most countries in the world including China pledge to conduct an investigation on the origin of covid 19 ONLY the USA opposed it, why, I don't know.
I like Trump but I don't think he is normal now. Maybe the Democrats had turned him to a PPARROT and most people here especially Nigerian are talking as if they don't have a functional brain.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by IJOBA2: 7:37am On May 30, 2020
salford1:

I am just gonna leave this here and walk away from this thread.
YALL BABY KILLERS AND HOMOSEXUALS SHOULD GO AND HIDE YOUR FACE JARE. TRUMP IS DOING THE RIGHT THING

3 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by AreaFada2: 7:39am On May 30, 2020
salford1:

I am just gonna leave this here and walk away from this thread.
Yep. And many of them would have died before the age of 5 or be maimed if not for UNICEF free jabs including TB, Polio, measles , Rubella and others.

You see why those against Africa always find abundant Africans to use against us.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by salford1: 7:39am On May 30, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:

SHUT UP!!!
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Fearlez: 7:40am On May 30, 2020
salford1:

Congratulations.
You just answered your own questions.

Aslong as African countries lack good leadership, begging for aids from organizations such as the WHO would not end. Nigerian Senators, HORs, governors etc would rather enrich themselves than help less privileged Nigerians. Same as alot of other African countries with corrupt leadership.

A good example below:

Major donor contributors for free HIV and malaria drugs in Nigeria and some other African countries for example includes the WHO, The US Gov through (PEPFAR), World Bank, Unicef etc

However, the budget from Donald Trump's White House last year for 2020 includes a whopping $1.35 billion in cuts to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and $392 million in cuts to the funds to fight tuberculosis and malaria. This Corona outbreak also gave the US president another opportunity or justification to remove US own contribution to the WHO. Note there are many countries that contribute to the WHOs purse not just the US
The WHO Ethiopian president, executives and workers could care less, they would still get paid their fat salary. Let's even say WHO gets disbanded (which is not possible), their staff would simply get absorbed into the UN. Na citizens of poor countries go hear am.

For this, coupled with many other holes plugging by the US gov just tells us that the US can't be bothered to offer good assistance to any disadvantaged or poor countries in the world again. It's now America first which is good for them - Nationalism.

To be honest, I can't even be bothered if Trump gets re-elected in November. It actually favours me as I work in the Energy industry in Canada. Trump loves the energy industry, and he has speedily approved our pipeline that carries oil from Alberta all the way to Texas. It's a win for my Canadian economy. However, not much benefit is Trump's win for poor and shyte hole countries..Goodluck to Nigeria and Africa.
I think you alone are the biggest beneficiary of WHO.

What has all this long drivel you posted here got to do with the fact that the WHO was complicit in the Coronavirus information? So because Africans are beneficiaries they shouldn't advocate for s more transparent and better WHO?

Abi Coronavirus no dey affect you economically? Liberals and their worthless sentiments!
Pfts!

3 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by DriggityDre: 7:41am On May 30, 2020
DataDash:
no unfortunately they are not original, I plan to make some in the future if it takes off.
Nice. I get you. For a first, you did quite well.

I made the site because I notice that there are many Nigerians do not even know what an Imageboard is and I think the anonymous nature and the ease of posting images will intrigued them. And they are very popular in Japan and and America so why not nigeria.
Ah, yes. I totally agree.
Great knowing that you have a goal.

And it is built on karena imageboard code
Nice.

As an entrepreneur, always seek to "solve a need". You asked yourself the question "why"..... "why not Nigeria?", and you had an idea and sought to implement it.

That is what entrepreneurship is all about.

With hard work, dedication and good decision-making, it will soar in no time.

Take a cue from Nairaland's Seun. GL.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Nobody: 7:42am On May 30, 2020
pyro62:

Now African presidents are calling the Madagascan president and congratulating him for his bravery resisting the mouth watery amount offered to him to put some toxins into their covid organics. Or do you think the Madagascan president felt like lying against the WHO? Or do you think he has been sponsored by Trump?
Well, it doesn't matter what you think or not. Fact remains that WHO are not straightforward and I'm solidly behind Trump on this one..
And besides the biggest contributors to the WHO have relinquished support from them. If Buhari is intelligent, he should know where his allegiance should be.

Well, I am not opposed to a cure coming from Madagascar or even Nigeria self. (The first cure for leprosy came from an Indian herbal remedy.. ditto the first cure for Malaria...a herbal remedy used by the native Central and South Americans..)

But the issue I have is ...there is a process which was developed over the years to see if a drug can be an effective cure. And Madagascar's president is not following that route.

Remember Yaya Jammeh who claimed to have a cure for AIDS. People died because of that thing. Same thing in Nigeria, people claimed to have a 'cure' , and many died.

WHO is just saying there is a process. Undergo it. They would be the most happy IF IT WORKED....just allow it undergo the process. You don't jump from primary five to level 100 in university without going through secondary school.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Siapu: 7:43am On May 30, 2020
[s]
post=90108060:
Trump and his different antics.

We just showed one of us @ [color=#006600][/color], (Sisi Yewande) this post now, and all she could muttered was 'Ikunle oooo'.
Whatever that means....

We asked for the meaning,
She refused to tell us the meaning o,
Na dat translation matter we still dey settle now wink
[/s]
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by salford1: 7:44am On May 30, 2020
AreaFada2:

Yep. And many of them would have died before the age of 5 or be maimed if not for UNICEF free jabs including TB, Polio, measles , Rubella and others.

You see why those against Africa always find abundant Africans to use against us.
I still remember those jabs from my kindergarten school days with the scar left on my left arm grin. Who knows, one could have ended up with polio or some deadly disease.

My grandad's from both maternal and paternal died from small pox in the 1940s and 1950s.
The World Health Organization (WHO) championed a campaign which eventually led to the complete eradication of smallpox from Nigeria in 1980.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by zoghys: 7:44am On May 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Bravo!

GOD BLESS President Donald Trump for this Bold Move!

This is the Man that suits these times!

Go on Trump!

No Weapon formed or Fashioned against you will Prosper!

I don't understand why some lot don't see this trump for the ars*ho*le that he is. Why is the son of a bi*ch threatening world peace just to put the united state in the subconsciousness of other countries. First it was the global warming and now world health, just so he can feel good at a needless action. The guy is a real joke, and he doesn't seem to disappoint in that department. WHO admit to initially took the pandemic with kids glove based on the report coming from Chinese government, but were quick to realize their mistake and declare it pandemic, working round the clock to reduce its spread. The world health need a unified front to win this unseen enemy, and president trump is his usual numero uno way feel offended his country is not leading the pack. This guy is the most delusional president I know in united state history, and I bet my right balls he would have been a full blown dictator if not the advancement of the united state democracy. I don't get it why that country with so much love in them will have such joke as a president, it still baffles me. And for the guy that thinks trump is all about fighting for the Christians and doing God's work, you the butt of my joke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by FatherJP(m): 7:45am On May 30, 2020
DriggityDre:

galadima77, skip the sentiments and view this with an open mind.
The WHO has been of great benefit to Africa.
You might not even be alive right now, if not for some of the sponsored vaccines they sent here.

In essence, we should remain beggars forever ? This is slavish mentality. How would you keep living your life hoping aides will always come to sustain you ? I America withdraws their financial support from WHO ( as it doesn't serve their interest anymore) and you and your leaders have the capacity to do more than the aides do to you but seem clueless and senseless, then you can die in millions if you wish as it is your choice and nobody's.

Aides are coming from them yet at the same time being manipulated that has caused thousands of death. What is the need then ?

Salford1 seems an Igbo but Igbos don't live their lives depending on what will come from donors and out of pity aides.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by martineverest(m): 7:47am On May 30, 2020
ProfDview1:

Relevance? So u think China can donate like 450m dollar to CHO China health organizations for the world use than USA abi...u must be a joke
china just pledge 2 billion dollars to WHO....I hate those Chinese government
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Nobody: 7:54am On May 30, 2020
As opposed to under US control?
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by DriggityDre: 7:54am On May 30, 2020
FatherJP:
In essence, we should remain beggars forever ? This is slavish mentality. How would you keep living your life hoping aides will always come to sustain you ? I America withdraws their financial support from WHO ( as it doesn't serve their interest anymore) and you and your leaders have the capacity to do more than the aides do to you but seem clueless and senseless, then you can die in millions if you wish as it is your choice and nobody's.
Wrong context.
I am not against the US cutting ties with the WHO.

I was just stating a reason why WHO has been useful to the African continent, despite her state of massive poverty.
You have a point on leadership though.

Aides are coming from them yet at the same time being manipulated that has caused thousands of death. What is the need then ?
Source?

Salford1 seems an Igbo but Igbos don't live their lives depending on what will come from donors and out of pity aides.
Very unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by muykem: 7:55am On May 30, 2020
wickedtuna:
Do you have a better argument sir?
There's no need for argument, check WHO effort in Nigeria on AIDS, polio, lassa fever, cholera e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by FatherJP(m): 7:55am On May 30, 2020
salford1:

I still remember those jabs from my kindergarten school days with the scar left on my left arm grin. Who knows, one could have ended up with polio or some deadly disease.

My grandad's from both maternal and paternal died from small pox in the 1940s and 1950s.
The World Health Organization (WHO) championed a campaign which eventually led to the complete eradication of smallpox from Nigeria in 1980.

Hold your leaders then and demand they deliver otherwise no sense in running to another country and hope the country you left keeps living at the mercies of others with the devilish manipulations that come with it.

If African countries can't live without the aides, then why is an African at the helm of affairs of WHO acting against the interest of its major donor since we all as Africans should care about the aides ?

Have you considered that manipulations could have been the reason corona virus has recorded so much casualties amidst the big heart of the organisation ?

Maybe It is time the aides stop coming so we look inwards and find solution to our pr9blems and at same time have dignity and respect.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by ThinkFreely: 7:56am On May 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Bravo!

Go on Trump!

This one no get sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by ThinkFreely: 7:57am On May 30, 2020
wickedtuna:
what exactly have we benefited from the WHO?

Did they improve our healthcare ? Or is it because the send us aid?
Inform yourself dude. Don’t be laughably illiterate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Nairalandmonika: 7:59am On May 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Bravo!

Go on Trump!

See it's all Trump fault for the 100k deaths, they close Their border to china n Europe early enough.
But allowed their citizens returned to US without quarantining them or testing them. How's that WHO fault.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by AdaGod1(f): 7:59am On May 30, 2020
DanjaNinja:

I think you are wrong on many counts. Yes, Trump won the election but he won due to the electoral college. He lost the popular vote by 3million votes. It’s funny that America - the acclaimed land of the free - doesn’t work on the principle of one man one vote but hides behind the curtain of electoral college. And na them go dey preach give us about justice and equality. Hilary lost that election cos she was lazy, entitled and arrogant. She didn’t bother campaigning in key swing states and lost to Trump who worked harder.

As for Obama being worthless, I don’t think you understand American history or follow American politics. Obama has his flaws but he accomplished a lot. One of the biggest accomplishment of Obama was the affordable care act, which gave over 20million poor and middle class American affordable healthcare. In case you are not aware, Trump is actively trying to cancel that program. The same program that largely benefits his fans.

Lastly, if you think Trump cares about the average America, I encourage you to name one Policy he has implemented that has helped to improve the life of the average American.

God bless u ma’m.
bros
as far as I'm concerned American voting system is the best
it makes elections unpredictable and much fair unlike here in Nigeria one man one vote a section or region in the country is holding the whole nation to hostage because of their polygamous and reckless child bearing ways.
they're the least educated but because of their population they dictate for the educated.
that's why we have an illiterate in Aso Rock as a president and a whole Prof. of law as his vice
now tell me is that democracy to you?
is that not dividend of illiteracy and ignorance?
some parts of the country are being neglected because they choose a much better life ways and refuses to procreate as pigs.
America knew these knowing that it's not a symbol of democracy and introduced electoral college.
their system is perfect.

as for Trump achievements
Google is your friend
Americans don't do cheap propaganda like Nigeria and all things being equal he'll return in November

like i said Obama is a useless fool
even as an African American, Africa benefited nothing from his waste regime except trying to introduce to us his abominable gay right.

God bless His Excellency Dr. Goodluck Jonathan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by salford1: 8:01am On May 30, 2020
In addition to several infections diseases experts including The American Medical Association and the Infectious diseases Society of America, top Republican Senator also disagrees with Trump. Yet some geniuses on Nairaland believe that if you are against Trump's move, then that makes you a liberal cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by awoo47: 8:01am On May 30, 2020
Timi141:
All these brainwashed African sheeple celebrating their tin God seem to have forgotten who is sponsoring most of their healthcare programs.

You think Trump defunding WHO is hurting the Chinese, Europeans or the Americans.
wot exactly is who sponsoring??
I've never benefitted anything
nd US can donate directly if they want
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by salford1: 8:03am On May 30, 2020
Fearlez:
I think you alone is the biggest beneficiary of WHO.

What has all this long drivel you posted here got to do with the fact that the WHO was complicit in the Coronavirus information? So because Africans are beneficiaries they shouldn't advocate for s more transparent and better WHO?

Abi Coronavirus no dey affect you economically? Liberals and their worthless sentiments!
Pfts!
No I actually just got a pay rise. My work is essential. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Mum Who Poisons Her Kids For Social Media Donations Sentenced To Death / Biden To Sign Executive Order To Join Paris Club & Rescind Travel Ban / Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.