Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,342 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate (41538 Views)

Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by etrouble: 7:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
sherylbaky:
Wahala for who be Nigerian, different people just full this country. Is illiterate an insult?

The mama no fit read, write or speak the borrowed official language, if pesin wan talk that one for English abeg wetin e go be?

My Mum speaks Yoruba better.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by oloshun(m): 7:23pm On Jan 26, 2021
sherylbaky:
Wahala for who be Nigerian, different people just full this country. Is illiterate an insult?

The mama no fit read, write or speak the borrowed official language, if pesin wan talk that one for English abeg wetin e go be?

Yes illiterate is an insult. Please do your research well. There is different between an illiterate and non-literate. There are some terms that have been abolished but many don't know. You are an illiterate when you know nothing even your local language. In as much you can communicate in your local settings, you are literate to some extent. You are non-literate when you are not familiar with western culture. So, tell me, is there anyone in the world who at least doesn't know anything about his or her environment? So no illiterate.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by oloshun(m): 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2021
sherylbaky:

Non-literate.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by SirMichael1: 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2021
If you tell pocohantas that most female bosses deserve a brain scan or a mental capacity evaluation, you'll have another derange female to curtail.

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by SirMichael1: 7:27pm On Jan 26, 2021
oloshun:

Yes illiterate is an insult. Please do your research well. There is different between an illiterate and non-literate. There are some terms that have been abolished but many don't know. You are an illiterate when you know nothing even your local language. In as much you can communicate in your local settings, you are literate to some extent. You are non-literate when you are not familiar with western culture. So, tell me, is there anyone in the world who at least doesn't know anything about his or her environment? So no illiterate.
An illetrate is one who can not read and write. Stop disturbing us.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by pocohantas(f): 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2021
SirMichael1:
If you tell pocohantas that most female bosses deserve a brain scan or a mental capacity evaluation, you'll have another derange female to curtail.

Male bosses have done worse. One even impregnated his married subordinate. Start the brain scan from your gender. There is a reason you guys occupy majority of prisons around the world. E pass derangement... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by sherylbaky(f): 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2021
jidxin:
you still dey here sheryl
Yes dear
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by LyfeJennings(m): 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
Sack is a bit too much
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2021
This is the type of NONSENSE that will trend on LinkedIn.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by charlsecy(m): 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2021
CrazyMan:
The boss overreacted. Illiteracy is a word used to describe an uneducated person..
But illiteracy actually has to do with the ability to read/write, not necessarily about education. Everybody is an illiterate in an unknown language.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by BENEAMATA: 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2021
Which is it ?
Your mum can't communicate in English or she can't read or write ?
All these "suits" be exposing their cluelessness .
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by BENEAMATA: 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2021
Deserea:
Knowledge is knowing what to say.

Wisdom is knowing when to say it.

Thank you .It's called being Tactful .

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by stanliwise(m): 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2021
Awoo88:

My dear, if you can not read any person you are working with, your boss or not, go read memory master. You should be able to tell what your boss want. It is key to your survival. Even if your leaving that place. It is very important
So where do you draw the line?
It is as if you have forgotten how ridiculously remanding some so-called employer can be just because they employ you they feel the have right to almost all part of your time and life.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Lekan1o1: 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2021
seanwilliam:
this is rubbish to me.. the guy did nothing wrong .. an illiterate is someone who is not educated .. na why I hate all these office jobs .. rubbish If I had the power I would just sack the woman self and hold her gratuities and pension join.. I hate rubbish

Bro u no see my quote in?
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by SirMichael1: 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2021
pocohantas:

Male bosses have done worse. One even impregnated his married subordinate. Start the brain scan from your gender. There is a reason you guys occupy majority of prisons around the world. E pass derangement... cheesy
Good thing you didn't say rape, so I'll leave you to ponder on that.

I don't blame female for not knowing how to handle a leading role. Most of them never envision themselves in such positions and we (men) being benevolent, give them a chance to prove what we already know, that they're a baggage of emotionally haywire species and what you get is a boss going bananas because you termed another of them illitrate.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by pocohantas(f): 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
SirMichael1:
Good thing you didn't say rape, so I'll leave you to ponder on that.

I don't blame female for not knowing how to handle a leading role. Most of them never envision themselves in such positions and we (men) being benevolent, give them a chance to prove what we already know, that they're a baggage of emotionally haywire species and what you get is a boss going bananas because you termed another of them illitrate.

When you finish ranting online, find the guy amd give him a job. Kudos to that boss for supporting a fellow woman.

We move!! grin grin
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by SirMichael1: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2021
pocohantas:

When you finish ranting online, find the guy amd give him a job. Kudos to that boss for supporting a fellow woman.

We move!! grin grin
Good thing we both agree that the boss did that out of her personal detaste for men.

If that lady has a superior she isn't sleeping with, she will get sacked because of this!

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Emeraldgreene(f): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2021
[*she might not understand you in English.not hear u well.uote author=Cutehector post=98465184]Speak to her in yoruba, she might not hear you well in english. Simple

[/quote]
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Awoo88: 9:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
stanliwise:

So where do you draw the line?
It is as if you have forgotten how ridiculously remanding some so-called employer can be just because they employ you they feel the have right to almost all part of your time and life.

If you know your boss you will know how and where to draw the line.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by seanwilliam(m): 9:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
Lekan1o1:

Bro u no see my quote in?
which one sir
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by harmony75: 9:42pm On Jan 26, 2021
hmmmm maybe she plan to employ his mom too

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Cutehector(m): 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
Emeraldgreene:
[*she might not understand you in English.not hear u well.uote author=Cutehector post=98465184]Speak to her in yoruba, she might not hear you well in english. Simple

noted Ma wink
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by ezewealth(m): 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
ppl should learn the art of euphemism. there are some words, literally doesn't mean insult but connotes derogatory remarks when spoken
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by meetgaya: 10:50pm On Jan 26, 2021
sherylbaky:

there is polite way of saying it.
he could have said kindly speak to my mom in Yoruba she doesn't understand English
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Ambassadors: 12:34am On Jan 27, 2021
If it's me I will disgrace you before I sack you sef. Stupid boy. Honor thy parents so that your days will be long.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Lekan1o1: 1:22am On Jan 27, 2021
[quote author=seanwilliam post=98.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by seanwilliam(m): 1:26am On Jan 27, 2021
Lekan1o1:

This pls
Hello bro just quoted u in another trade ..
Pls invite me to that group with my name. 'Kay abbey' it's a private group that's why I CNT see it.

Pls if u see this let me me know so I can remove my name.
bro just search and join . They will ask you one or two questions before verification

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Lekan1o1: 1:34am On Jan 27, 2021
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by NotGej: 2:56am On Jan 27, 2021
CastedAyo:
A Twitter user with the Twitter handle @lollypeezle has come online to share how his friend got sacked on Saturday, January 23, Igbere TV reports.

He said that a phone conversation from the boss to the friend when he was beside his mum ruined it all. After their talk, the boss asked to speak to his mother.

The worker humbly told his boss that his mum is illiterate, asking the woman to speak to her in Yoruba only.

He said: “Ma, my mum is illiterate, please speak Yoruba to her instead of English.”

That particular statement angered his boss who asked how dare he talk about the woman like that when his job is to polish her up.

The woman asked if that is the way the worker goes around talking about the company’s clients. After an abrupt disconnection, the man’s contract was terminated via an email.

As at the time of writing this report, the tweet has gathered many reactions from Nigerians who thought the boss' reaction was exaggerated.

https://twitter.com/lollypeezle/status/1353384002628018181?s=20

Which way Nigeria?!

The term illiterate is not an insult, but a term used in the description of a persons level of education (inability to read or write) etc.

Well it’s the same country that “how are you” na still insult.
SMH
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Coolgent(m): 7:32am On Jan 27, 2021
Just because she cant speak english?
Well so Chinese president is an illiterate too?
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Bikonze(m): 8:12am On Jan 27, 2021
MickzyDonald:
The boss is an illiterate if he doesn't know the meaning of an illiterate also, maybe he's been looking for an opportunity to fire him before who knows
She's starved of sex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Bus Conductor Dresses Corporately While Working (video) / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly / Sade Adenuga Is Now A Barrister & Solicitor Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.