Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) (62980 Views)

Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest / Adamu Garba Condemns Arrest Of OccupyLekkiTollGate Protesters / #LekkiTollGate: Live Updates From #OccupyLekkiTollgate Protest (Pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Lagoon0: 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
epondudu:

Oponu ayerada nimi
Oh! Thats true shocked
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2021
isthatso:

you are a fool. Enaharo's motion was the culmination of a movement by Nigerian youths that started in 1934 protesting against Yabatech policies. NYM eventually fizzled out and the prominent members of NYM, H.O Davies, Azikwe, Awolowo, Alakija, Ernest Okoli, Kofo Abayomi, Akintola etc who started the struggle that later morphed into political parties and fought for and brought about independence. Enahoro moved the motion but when the real struggle started, he was still in his nappies. if you look at most of the prominent Nigerian politicans of the 1st republic, especially from the south, they were members of the NYM. It was the members of NYM that later fizzled due to tribal infighting and split up into different political parties, NPC, NCNC, AG. look at the founding fathers of those parties they were all NYM members. Awo for instance was 27 when he joined NYM.

Enahoro was a member of parliarment under a party started by Awo and Akintola after over 20 yr struggle to direct our own affairs, the people who started the struggle were not in parliarment, parliarment is where you officially begin the process at that time people like Awo and Zik who were the pioneers were regional governors and a regional governor cannot move a motion in federal parliarment.

Half knowledge is the problem of you miseducated generation.

I dont know why i am wasting my time with you Aren't you supposed to be in Lekki? or was that you we saw in the video shouting from inside Black Maria?

Even before NYM there was a NNDP started by Herbert Macaulay in his 30s fighting against British colonialism!

NNDP inspired, NYM, NYM birthed political parties, political parties led to representation in Parliarment and self governamce, representation in Parliarment and self governamce led to Enahoro's motion. Enahoros motions always failed. but it led to motions for independence and eventually it was the motion of Fani kayode (the father of the well known public nuiscance) that succeeded. Point is there is a process and all these things were done by youths in a way that eventually yielded results and nobody died!!!!

Protesting in illegal venues, openly defying the authorities never works in Nigeria, thats why this like others planned by people who havent studied their history and have no one to guide them will fail.

When you protest, you protest with sense, strategy and vision and a measurable target/objective!! You stay within the law so that you cant give the authorities the opportunity to arrest you. the problem with you fools is you are led by people chasing clout!!!

Callin me a fool is one thing buh occupying the act is another ... even after giving you wikepedia you are still talkin about struggle, NYM kor NYC nii ...
Nigeria got independence on a plater of mutuality, i.e no struggle no protest. we got independence via motion on the floor of parliament. we had parties after independence.
There is a difference between demands for a change of govt and asking for a good goverance.
its only important to get into a political parties when the demands is about change of govt buh when it comes to demand for good governance the only viable way is via, protest, movements and emancipation.
Mumu if there was law, unarmed protesters won't be arrest for exercising there civil right, maybe you should open a youtube channel nd teach us how to protest in such a way the govt will applaud us.
i know you will still cumma spew trash, if you can't make factual references to justapost ur point i won't reply you,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Enahoro
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
MLTR:

Callin me a fool is one thing buh occupying the act is another ... even after giving you wikepedia you are still talkin about struggle, NYM kor NYC nii ...
Nigeria got independence on a plater of mutuality, i.e no struggle no protest. we got independence via motion on the floor of parliament. we had parties after independence.
i know you will still cumma spew trash, if you can't make factual references to justapost ur point i won't reply you,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Enahoro

Wikipedia is what you are using.....ode!!! Well it is a step but you need to read personal accounts and independent accounts and not only will you understand the history better, the more you read the more you will realize that nothing has changed.

You are not very bright, the struggle for independence started in 1920s with Herbert Macaulay, then NYM, it took 30 years of fight for there to be an Enahoro or Fani Kayode to move the motion for independence.

Like I said fighting for a struggle under the British is different from fighting a struggle under Nigerians and that is why I said learn from history.

No struggle since independence particularly since our leadership became militarized has ever achieved anything. You need to learn the way those who succeeded did so. Your street protests will end just like the many before it post independence. If the Enahoros and co had behaved the way You are behaving we would never have gained independence!!
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by epondudu: 2:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
Lagoon0:

Oh! Thats true shocked
Ahh werey ni guy fa!
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
isthatso:

Wikipedia is what you are using
.....ode!!! Well it is a step but you need to read personal accounts and independent accounts and not only will you understand the history better, the more you read the more you will realize that nothing has changed.

You are not very bright, the struggle for independence started in 1920s with Herbert Macaulay, then NYM, it took 30 years of fight for there to be an Enahoro or Fani Kayode to move the motion for independence.

Like I said fighting for a struggle under the British is different from fighting a struggle under Nigerians and that is why I said learn from history.

No struggle since independence particularly since our leadership became militarized has ever achieved anything. You need to learn the way those who succeeded did so. Your street protests will end just like the many before it post independence.

it won't come as a surprise if you dropped out of school education is not your forte... o tun fe argue pelu wikepedia o boy knock yourself out
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2021
MLTR:

it won't come as a surprise you were a school drop ... o tun fe argue pelu wikepedia o boy knock yourself out

Use you brains, 2023 is round the corner, instead of using your energies and internet savvy to mobilize to form your party and take power, you are busy daring police and soldier in a country where people die and nothing happens....is that smart? Especially when the majority of the population are youths?

Use your brains!!!! If you have any!!!
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Lagoon0: 4:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
eponu dudu:

Ahh werey ni guy fa!
Oruko lo ro e
@moniker
opondudu= oponu dudu
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by ademasta(m): 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
Jeffyblaq:

They're no doubt COWARDS!

Ordinary cultist scare them away not to talk of armed robbers or their kingpin Boko Haram Insurgents.

Nonsense

It's very unhealthy of a democratic nation

1 Like

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by ademasta(m): 4:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
GeoAfrikana:

Is the emboldened a joke or what?
It's not a joke sir
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by SonOfTheRisingS: 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2021
isthatso:

Anyhow he wants to do it, the man has only 2 years left dont give yourselves heart attack o, lest a 78 year old man outlive you!

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2021
ba7man:
Which mumu massacre?? Na LekkiTollGateKobokoFlogging una go see.
lolz
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Magnoliaa(f): 1:21pm On Feb 14, 2021
Sheuns:

The last protest resulted in wide spread looting and violence, don’t think this will be any different. Why don’t we as a people change tactics? No be every thing be face off. Let’s vary our tactics.
The protesters weren't responsible for the violence and looting, though. That's that
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Bishoptjakes: 2:23pm On Feb 18, 2021
ZETA-WEB INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME

Are you an OND/NCE graduate looking for a world class organization where you can build your career in customer service? Search no more.

We are looking for young people that would be trained to manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner, effectively solve customer issues, complaints and inquiries; keeping customer satisfaction at the core of every decision and behavior.

Job Title: Customer Service Representative

Requirements
Candidates should have;
• OND/NCE in any related course
• Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening
• Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
• Ability to manage time effectively

Salary: N30, 000+ HMO+ Free Lunch + Transport

Method of Application
Kindly send CV to zetajobmag@gmail.com using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.

Only OND/NCE holders should apply
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Amujale(m): 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2021
The legendary musician and political activist, Fela Anikulapo Kuti is nominated for the Rock and Roll hall of fame.

http://www.musicinafrica.net/magazine/fela-kuti-nominated-2021-rock-and-roll-hall-fame

Let's all vote him in massive numbers.

Vote here: https://vote.rockhall.com

Everyone can vote once daily until the closing date on the 30th of April.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Video Of President Tinubu Heading To The Office Today (Photos) / Photo Of Boy Who Stood In Front Of Obi’s Convoy Fraudulently Put Up For Sale / "Boko Haram Infected Me With HIV/AIDS, VVF, During Marathon Sex In Sambisa"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.