Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,004 members, 7,825,107 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) (62989 Views)

Policeman Arrests Passengers For Commenting On #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest / Adamu Garba Condemns Arrest Of OccupyLekkiTollGate Protesters / #LekkiTollGate: Live Updates From #OccupyLekkiTollgate Protest (Pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Fredchisom(m): 10:15pm On Feb 12, 2021
Why i love ipob is once they say they will protest,under your nose they will protest and still chant how many you go kill even at the face of death oh i love igbo tribe...well the same police that left their hilux and prado and ran away when they saw ESN is going to flex show of power at lekki toll gate.cowardise is when you call mazi nnamdi kanu names and you stay indoors tomorrow.

7 Likes

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Btruth: 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2021
If only they leave guns out of it nii? sad
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by dangotesmummy: 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2021
Eriokanmi:
keep your mouth open until you see peaceful protest tomorrow.
if they can shoot at peaceful protesters without shame, guilt or remorse,how much more this second wave of protest?

Anyway if you must go wear your facemask so that police Will not use that as an excuse to brutalize you.you know say naija police and police brutality Na 5 and 6
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Magnoliaa(f): 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2021
See what they are flexing muscles on.

Goddddd.

Protest. Ordinary protest!

As if it is the height of the insecurity that we face in Lagos/Nigeria.

Sheuns:

With what happened last October, I don’t think the government will want to take any chance. The US did same thing during Biden’s inauguration
Take any chances against what?? Are they there to stop any violence - or they are there to squash ANY protest at all?

4 Likes

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by dat9jaguy(m): 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

The painful part is, is this normal?? Should this be normal?? cry cry

Why are they trying to curb people who are powerless the more? What exactly is the reason for this deterrent??

1>The protest will surely be hijacked by hoodlums.
2>Closing the toll gate for protest is also depriving some people of their right to movement.
3>Covid 19 protocols.
4>500 people 'a job are on the line with the continued closure of the toll gate.
Etc..

4 Likes

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by mccloud224(m): 10:17pm On Feb 12, 2021
Just look at them...look at the sissies carrying rifles,12 tear gas cannisters each and dressed in camo as if they can face ordinary cattle herdsmen.

I have this feeling protesters will return fire for fire this around. And that will be the final disgrace the Nigerian Police+Army needs.

Our forces are mere oppressive arms of govt. We can't win a war with ANY country at this rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by epondudu: 10:17pm On Feb 12, 2021
Eriokanmi:
keep your mouth open until you see peaceful protest tomorrow.
Yeah, I am just a spectator, all I know is that there is nothing peaceful in Nigeria except if it the government that is doing it.

Immigration recruitment chaos.
Police recruitment..chaos
Elections...war
National Identity card....wahala
Protest tomorrow, get arrested or get shot by a blank bullet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by dat9jaguy(m): 10:18pm On Feb 12, 2021
Ipobman:

You need weed

Lol

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by izubext007: 10:18pm On Feb 12, 2021
nal for armless civilian Dem dey get power, if nal Fulani nal Dem go whole Barton..... rubbish
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by seyz91(m): 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2021
[left][/left]
Ottyn01:
Useless country Look at how they were armed like they want to go and fight World WarIII lipsrsealed They only have powers when it comes to unarmed protesters, While Boko Haram are still undefeated for how many years angry

It shall never be well with Buhari and Apc Government
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by ozoebuka1(m): 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2021
See how they are handling the whole issue with brute force because it doesn't concern herdsmen nor Hausa Fulani. 9ja na scam.
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by BrightAmos33: 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2021
Lazy Nigerian Police
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2021
So, if youths finally show up, Una go start shooting them, right?

We shall see.

1 Like

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by GeoAfrikana(m): 10:20pm On Feb 12, 2021
ademasta:
See how heavily kitted our police are undecided just to combat armless protesters. The same people who are meant to protect the protesters.

It is well...

Is the emboldened a joke or what?
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by miniziter(m): 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sunday Igboho ise ya o

1 Like

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Komu1048(m): 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2021
O boy, police don’t want to be caught unaware. Becox last time na dem suffer pass, I swear if anybody do anyhow this time dem go clear am. The person na souvenir to their friend wey dem murder

2 Likes

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Ohizfly(m): 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2021
if you're against the protest you'll never know peace

4 Likes

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by dat9jaguy(m): 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2021
Igbochief001:

Because the government u support don't respect human rights ?

No that actually. This protest does not make sense, coupled with the fact that they cannot protest there without depriving some people of their right to movement.

1 Like

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by meditator(m): 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2021
HopeVictor:
All those people calling me coward because I said we should forget about protest..If you don't go out tomorrow to protest then you know what you are..

And I don't have any RIP to waste either if anything should happen to anybody..
You have spoken like a patriot
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by AMBURSAA(m): 10:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
#DEPENDLAGOS MAY ALLAH BLESS AND PROTECT OUR BABA BUHARI

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Noble1000(m): 10:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
mad police people.. see all the Equipment they are carrying for unarmed youth..
let them see Boko boys now, they will run..

Pls come for ur design works

1 Like

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:25pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sheuns:
People saying see how armed they are. What’s on their vest are teargas canisters. Just stay home. The last one upon all the videos and CNN report, which country get our time.

So u are not seeing guns, abi?
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 12, 2021
dat9jaguy:

No that actually. This protest does not make sense, coupled with the fact that they cannot protest there without depriving some people of their right to movement.
So occupy Nigeria made sense ?
This is democracy civil disobedience is part of the system ....it's. Fundamental human rights

It's your president that took Nigeria to court then court said u don't need permission to protest but police must provide u with security

Same president is now fighting a case he won

Shame on your type that still support this government

If people didn't protest blacks would still be working in plantation today

Hope sha u make upto 100 million a year from this government ...if not shame on u

6 Likes

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by dongozzy(m): 10:28pm On Feb 12, 2021
I just wish that real men go turn up for this protest show this police men how men the run am, as come out all this fraternity for Nigeria I dey shame for una I swear this is time to show up and give this protesters protection I call on all the Nigerian confratrnity to comot and support this movement forget about this Petrons way the sponsor movement it's time we the young ones show them say Obi no go be boy forever

1 Like

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Magnoliaa(f): 10:29pm On Feb 12, 2021
dat9jaguy:

1>The protest will surely be hijacked by hoodlums.
2>Closing the toll gate for protest is also depriving some people of their right to movement.
3>Covid 19 protocols.
4>500 people 'a job are on the line with the continued closure of the toll gate.
Etc..
You're hilarious. Covid protocols my ass.

Yet they wanted people to get their NINs done or whatever in two weeks. Where else are they implementing the protocols?? Lost lives at the hands of the state that didn't get justice and people that are alive being deprived of their work, the latter should take precedence?? Serve justice and we wouldn't even be talking about this.

As for the rest of the things you wrote, I'm not wasting my breath addressing any 'coz they've been flogged already on every of the protest threads that graced FP.

Your mind still wouldn't be swayed on its pro-government stance.

2 Likes

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by FlordFlorez(m): 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2021
shocked Never knew Nigerian police have full kit like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Adakintroy: 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2021
From my dispatch bike I see them.

Them plenty.

Advice to protesters.dont!

But if you get mind..by all means engage.
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by dat9jaguy(m): 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2021
Igbochief001:

So occupy Nigeria made sense ?
This is democracy civil disobedience is part of the system ....it's. Fundamental human rights

It's your president that took Nigeria to court then court said u don't need permission to protest but police must provide u with security

Same president is now fighting a case he won

Shame on your type that still support this government

If people didn't protest blacks would still be working in plantation today

Hope sha u make upto 100 million a year from this government ...if not shame on u

OK o, just don't go out and protest or better still, go and protest tomorrow and any thing you see take am like that.

1 Like

Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Springboot: 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Sheyy world war 3 is about to happen niii

This is small compared to what trump deployed during black lives matter.
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by Magnoliaa(f): 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
FlordFlorez:
shocked Never knew Nigerian police have full kit like this.
What a wawu, right? cheesy cry
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by thaprofit88: 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
wale377:
Heavy police presence at Lekki toll gate ahead of the #occupylekkitollgate protest scheduled to hold tomorrow February 13

See video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMYGdqaCL0A

https://punchng.com/pictorial-police-in-show-of-force-at-lekkitollgate/?amp=1&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

All this for defenseless citizens exercising their fundamental rights
Re: Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) by slowice(m): 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
Youth killers... Naija is blessed abundantly with Mumu leaders and they re evenly spread across all regions...... But bubu na deaf and dumb man sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

IPOB Members Searching Buses For Hausas To Kill In Aba (Video) / Cultists, Hoodlums Burnt Alive In Awka, Anambra (Graphic Photos) / Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.