Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,918 members, 7,852,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:34 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1543280 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4624) (4625) (4626) (4627) (4628) (4629) (4630) ... (4789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 4:44pm On May 02
raumdeuter:

Winning fair and square, or seizing power has no correlation with how forked things are

I have a hunch that if it was Obi who initiated this project, these same critic will be singing praises of how governance should be
but na tinubu dey power let's stick to that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:50pm On May 02
Ballzproblem2:
but na tinubu dey power let's stick to that

Tinubu dey power and has revived a project that was ignored for over 50yrs that will open up 7 coastal states and villages that were ignored for long

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 4:52pm On May 02
GrammarNazi1:

Umahi said: “Let me leave out the infrastructure along the corridor. Let me just concentrate on the tolls and I put 50,000 vehicles as an average passage on these toll points per day,” Umahi said on the breakfast show.

“I put N3,000 as an average cost. N3,000 because the cars could be like N1,500, and the big trucks could be like N5,000. “So, we put an average. In 15 years, you make back the money,” he said, dismissing calls that the cost budgeted for the road was high.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/lagos-calabar-coastal-road-outrage-as-fg-proposes-n3000-per-toll-gate/amp/

Umahi is being all over the place. He shouldnt be speaking both as an investor and a regulator at the same time.

I can point out some flaws in his statement. For instance what's to say the entire 50k vehicles will go all the way, which is why I was asking earlier about the tolling strategy .

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:52pm On May 02
liveLongNprospa:
How can you be arguing the importance of 3mb when we are even hoping for a 4MB because of the traffic (number of people moving in Lagos).

Has anybody ever come out to say the roads from Lagos to warri is not enough for the number of buses that passes it?

Also please which one of you was alive or old enough to have conversations during the construction of 3mb to know what people were saying.
A man in his mid 30s and another in his late 40s who was probably a child when it was announced.

Plus again, Nigeria was a very very rich country when we commenced those projects which is a major point that's being jumped over

Once again. There was an absolute need for 3mb.
It is literally written on Wikipedia of all places as to the economic situation of Lagos state.
Has anybody said the warri to lagos road doesn't fulfil what it was constructed to do?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 4:56pm On May 02
larride:

Roads that are budgeted for in the annual budget.

You can check it out in National Budget. It's available online.

If the budget were used for these roads,i don't think we would be having this discussions.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 4:56pm On May 02
OasisX:

"Let me leave out the infrastructure along the corridor. Let me just concentrate on the tolls and I put 50,000 vehicles as an average passage on these toll points per day.

“I put ₦3,000 as an average cost. ₦3,000 because the cars could be like ₦1,500, and the big trucks could be like ₦5,000. “So, we put an average. In 15 years, you make back the money.

“At every point of tolling, we also have toll station where we have a kind of relief activities — restaurants, filling stations, parking lots, and so on and so forth. So, people will now have confidence. In these sections, we intend to put CCTV all through."

- David Umahi [HM for Works]

Ancillary revenue @ bolded. Ok.

Again, this is more of a concern for the funding parties not the FG. Maybe he's just speaking on the economic viability.

Anyway, let them provide more detailed info, lets scrutinize
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 4:56pm On May 02
raumdeuter:

Tinubu dey power and has revived a project that was ignored for over 50yrs that will open up 7 coastal states and villages that were ignored for long
Key word is priority.
PRIORITY

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 4:58pm On May 02
User09:

Again, this is more of the concern of the funding parties not the FG. Maybe he's just speaking on the economic viability.

What about fixing the existing roads that a death traps and collect same rolls? It's all corruption and they won't run away from it. The next government will definitely probe this contract.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:58pm On May 02
User09:

Umahi is being all over the place. He shouldnt be speaking both as an investor and a regulator at the same time.

I can point out some flaws in his statement. For instance what's to say the entire 50k vehicles will go all the way, which is why I was asking earlier about the tolling strategy .

I guess there won't be only one toll?

In the Umahi explanation that I quoted, he mentioned "toll points".

Again, there will be more than 1 toll point.

That may put the average of 50k vehicles per day in perspective.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:58pm On May 02
User09:

In situations like this, there's usually a bid bond in place by those bidding before any contractor is given approval/wins the bid. This is usually a major requirement

Also, I suppose there will be placeholders (competitors that didn't win) that can step in if that happens.

Umahi confirmed there was no bid before they awarded the contract. When pressed, he said it's because the company has shown competence handling similar projects in the past

Since we all know the real reason the company was given the contract, I won't be surprised they didn't follow through with any bid bond.

And like I said earlier, I once read that the only reason FG mobilised the contractors was because they couldn't secure funding and time was of essence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:59pm On May 02
Spy360:

Key word is priority.
PRIORITY

What should be the priority that is not getting attention currently?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 4:59pm On May 02
raumdeuter:

tinubu dey power fuel is selling #900 , dollar currently hovering around #1300 , cost of living rising everyday.

But sure let me praise him for project that has no benefit for the common man presently.

let me praise him on empty stomach while dreaming of road 👍

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 5:00pm On May 02
raumdeuter:

popizaino attention needed here

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.

What happened to the FG roads that's always in the yearly budget but hasn't been attended to in a decade?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:00pm On May 02
popizaino:

If the budget were used for these roads,i don't think we would be having this discussions.

Why not wait till end of the year and see any road listed and work not ongoing on it before you start having premature discussions

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:01pm On May 02
popizaino:

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.

What happened to the FG roads that's always in the yearly budget but hasn't been attended to in a decade?

Some of them were worked on E.g Lagos Ibadan road, and many roads that get completed regularly
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 5:01pm On May 02
raumdeuter:

What should be the priority that is not getting attention currently?

Power, road rehabilitation, education, high cost of living etc

Plus we both know that the project will not be completed. That project money that is already overblown could fix nearly all existing bad federal roads.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:02pm On May 02
Ballzproblem2:
tinubu dey power fuel is selling #900 , dollar currently hovering around #1300 , cost of living rising everyday.

But sure let me praise him for project that has no benefit for the common man presently.

let me praise him on empty stomach while dreaming of road 👍

Na uncommon man dey use road abi?

The main reason for removing subsidy was to free money for developmental projects like this and this was the reason given by all for subsidy removal including 3 presidential candidates

If stomach empty then fill it abi na Tinubu go open kitchen to cook for you
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 5:03pm On May 02
GrammarNazi1:

I guess there won't be only one toll?

In the Umahi explanation that I quoted, he mentioned "toll points".

Again, there will be more than 1 toll point.

That may put the average of 50k vehicles per day in perspective.

No..let me explain

In the entire stretch of road, how many tolls will there be?

Even if there are 50k vehicles per day, not sure all of them will pass the entire tolls, so you cant use that to do a revenue projection
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:04pm On May 02
Spy360:

Power, road rehabilitation, education, high cost of living etc

Plus we both know that the project will not be completed. That project money that is already overblown could fix nearly all existing bad federal roads.

Road is getting attention, Power is getting attention, Education is getting attention

You know the road will not be completed like you know of 2nd Niger bridge
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:05pm On May 02
User09:

Again, this is more of the concern of the funding parties not the FG. Maybe he's just speaking on the economic viability.

.......two months ago.

More insights;

Concerning the financing of the coastal highway, Umahi said it is envisioned to attract various investors, with Hi-tech Construction Nigeria Limited leading the initiative.

Discussions and collaborations with Hi-tech, alongside the Honourable Minister of Finance and the Coordinating Minister of the Economy, are anticipated to further the project’s development, he added.  

In his remarks, Salawo, the spokesperson for the African Development Bank (AfDB) team, emphasized the bank’s commitment to aiding the economic growth and social advancement of its member countries. He assured robust support for the Federal Government of Nigeria, highlighting the bank’s readiness to provide both technical and financial assistance for road infrastructure development. 

The project ain't just dropped from heaven suddenly, its well planned and communicated to the masses.

Its propaganda as usual to our noisy guys until Landmark Owner started emotional blackmailing on Twitter [X]. Most of them wailing here ain't doing so coz they genuinely care, rather because FG is reclaiming the Shoreline which rightfully belong to them along the corridor, and which Landmark is partially affected.

Note; Landmark Building ain't demolished, rather an extension to the beach like the pool and berbecue joint.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:06pm On May 02
popizaino:

The budget year hasn't ended now, has it?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:06pm On May 02
OasisX:

.......two months ago.

The project ain't just dropped from heaven suddenly, its well planned and communicated to the masses.

Its propaganda as usual to our noisy guys until Landmark Owner started emotional blackmailing on Twitter [X]. Most of them wailing here ain't doing so coz they genuinely care, rather because FG is reclaiming the Shoreline which rightfully belong to them along the corridor, and which Landmark is partially affected.

Note; Landmark Building ain't demolished, rather an extension to the beach like the pool and berbecue joint.

there are many properties in that corridor affected including Oniru beach but e get reason why be say na only landmark dey generate noise

Like its said, "We all know what we are doing"
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:08pm On May 02
raumdeuter:

Road is getting attention, Power is getting attention, Education is getting attention

......one of Siemen Power Projects is commissioned today, Ajah precisely.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 5:09pm On May 02
Itsrm:

Umahi confirmed there was no bid before they awarded the contract. When pressed, he said it's because the company has shown competence handling similar projects in the past

Since we all know the real reason the company was given the contract, I won't be surprised they didn't follow through with any bid bond.

And like I said earlier, I once read that the only reason FG mobilised the contractors was because they couldn't secure funding and time was of essence.

Ok then.

Well, I dont know how govt works but shouldnt the bolded be illegal?. Oasisx, Is not going through competitive bidding process allowed?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 5:11pm On May 02
raumdeuter:

Na uncommon man dey use road abi?

The main reason for removing subsidy was to free money for developmental projects like this and this was the reason given by all for subsidy removal including 3 presidential candidates

If stomach empty then fill it abi na Tinubu go open kitchen to cook for you
Ironically I'm currently eating grin,but my point still stands no dey use "what would have obi done" to dodge accountability for supporting terrible candidate,we are not in the multiverse egbon. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:12pm On May 02
raumdeuter:

there are many properties in that corridor affected including Oniru beach but e get reason why be say na only landmark dey generate noise

Like its said, "We all know what we are doing"

This is MamiChula Beach owned by Bolaji Ariyo. The Investment was lost along the Corridor, though he has been compensated, but no noise like Landmark.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 5:12pm On May 02
OasisX:

.......two months ago.

Ok.

I have a bit of confidence since AFDB is part of the funding parties. They usually have a long list of standard requirements before they drop funds
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 5:13pm On May 02
raumdeuter:

What attention are they getting please educate me.

On X today, videos show trucks and trailers summersaulting and crashing every day.

We are now made to pay more for darkness in the new electricity tariffs, over 90% scored below 200 in this year's jamb.

No portable water for villages, no security, etc

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:13pm On May 02
OasisX:

......one of Siemen Power Projects is commissioned today, Ajah precisely.

According to my uncle here

Spy360:
Plus we both know that the project will not be completed. .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:14pm On May 02
Ballzproblem2:
Ironically I'm currently eating grin,but my point still stands no dey use "what would have obi done" to dodge accountability for supporting terrible candidate,we are not in the multiverse egbon. grin

You dey chop, your belle don big pass Senator own yet you dey say food no dey

What accountability exactly is being dodged here
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:15pm On May 02
OasisX:

This is MamiChula Beach owned by Bolaji Ariyo. The Investment was lost along the Corridor, though he has been compensated, but no noise like Landmark.

We all know what we are doing

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:19pm On May 02
Spy360:

What attention are they getting please educate me.

On X today, videos show trucks and trailers summersaulting and crashing every day.

We are now made to pay more for darkness in the new electricity tariffs, over 90% scored below 200 in this year's jamb.

No portable water for villages, no security, etc

Lagos Ibadan got attention Yes or No?
2nd Niger bridge got attention Yes or No?
Loko Iweto road got attention yes or No

Those that ply Enugu to PH road, Can you confirm if its getting attention or not
https://fmino.gov.ng/the-minister-of-works-senator-dave-umahi-inspects-the-abia-axis-of-the-enugu-port-harcourt-expressway/

Those plying the Abuja Kaduna Kano road can you confirm if work is ongoing there?

https://guardian.ng/news/umahi-edun-inspect-abuja-kaduna-zaria-kano-rehabilitation-road-project/

If there is no portable water but a state govrnor is investing in Hero beer company, who should we hold responsible? Maybe he believes beer drinking is more important than water drinking
If no security then go hold your state governor and tell him to provide those abi he is just a figure head

(1) (2) (3) ... (4624) (4625) (4626) (4627) (4628) (4629) (4630) ... (4789) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: GloriousGbola, Ballzproblem2, BlueRayDick, Bluelines69, GrammarNazi1(m), RevFrEbuka(m), Itsrm(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.