Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? (14580 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by LithiumSupplier: 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
1. I work in a project development company.

2. I am at the assistant manager level.

3. I do most of the work; from designing and maintaining company's websites, to clerical works such document preparation, oversee environmental consulting jobs, to troubleshooting company's systems and many more.

4. The problem is that the company does not appreciate all my efforts. They push every blame on me.

The owner and his son are just so inconsiderate. For example, I was working on a project that required attachment of some sensitive documents.

Once it was time, I requested for the documents from the owner, instead he provided me with different documents entirely. Many times, he will shout at me for asking questions. So I assumed that he didn't want the documents out in the public.

While reviewing my work, the owner was okay with the attached documents until he decided to make presentation with the work to prospects.

As soon as the prospects registered dissatisfaction with the out of place documents (So to say), he called and started blasting me on the phone, calling me stup!d and stuff. He would always let me take the fall for his own mistakes all the time.

His son on the other hand is just too empty and overbearing. His father would always ask him to supervise any project I'm working on.
He would okay many things and I can't say otherwise.

When we present the project to his father and the father decides to query any part of the things which he okayed earlier, he will push all the blames on me and the father will call to nag and lambast me for things I know nothing about.

This has been going on for like 3 years now.

My regret was that I turned down an offer from a small oil company in Lagos last year and early this year too.

My current pay is 300,000 NGN without accommodation, while the Lagos' was 350,000 NGN with accommodation.

I'm currently in Abuja. I was scared of the traffic in Lagos.

I really don't know what to do anymore...

This issue is affecting my mental health.

This guy talks down on me anyhow without respect.

This is a guy that can't properly put together a common letter.

As plan B, I have set up two blogs and Google just approved Adsense application on one, while I'm working on the other one.
I have also set up Facebook pages and have grown to over 232,000 active followers.

I am also an environmental consultant with over 15 years experience, I also major in GIS and I design websites too.

I am married with 2 kids. What should I do?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Iseoluwani: 12:25am On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

3. I do most of the work; from designing and maintaining company's websites, to clerical works such document preparation, oversee environmental consulting jobs, to troubleshooting company's systems and many more.

4. The problem is that the company does not appreciate all my efforts. They push every blame on me.

The owner and his son are just so inconsiderate. For example, I was working on a project that required attachment of some sensitive documents.

Once it was time, I requested for the documents from the owner, instead he provided me with different documents entirely. Many times, he will shout at me for asking questions. So I assumed that he didn't want the documents out in the public.

While reviewing my work, the owner was okay with the attached documents until he decided to make presentation with the work to prospects.

As soon as the prospects registered dissatisfaction with the out of place documents (So to say), he called and started blasting me on the phone, calling me stup!d and stuff. He would always let me take the fall for his own mistakes all the time.

His son on the other hand is just too empty and overbearing. His father would always ask him to supervise any project I'm working on.

When we present the project to his father and the father decides to query any part of the things which he okayed earlier, he will push all the blames on me and the father will call to nag and lambast me for things I know nothing about.

My regret was that I turned down an offer from a small oil company in Lagos last year and early this year too.

My current pay is 300,000 NGN without accommodation, while the Lagos' was 350,000 NGN with accommodation.

As plan B, I have set up two blogs and Google just approved Adsense application on one, while I'm working on the other one.
I have also set up Facebook pages and have grown to over 232,000 active followers.

I am also an environmental consultant with over 15 years experience, I also major in GIS and I design websites too.

Resign ooo
Don't allow one family take away your life because you want to eat.

35 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by duduade: 1:38am On Jul 20, 2023
When you are ready to take a walk

You will walk away

For Christsake take the bull by its horns

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 20, 2023
If you are saying the truth about your salary stay put to the job.

18 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by hydenmatt007: 4:19am On Jul 20, 2023
Experiencing injustice at the workplace can be incredibly challenging and emotionally draining. Deciding whether to resign or hang on in such a situation depends on various factors and requires careful consideration. Here are some steps to help you make an informed decision:

Evaluate the Situation: Take a step back and objectively assess the extent of the injustice and its impact on your well-being and career. Consider the nature of the injustice, the frequency, and whether it's affecting your physical and mental health.

Talk to Someone: Discuss your concerns with a trusted colleague, https://alphaseamoss.com/collections/golden-sea-moss friend, family member, or mentor. Getting an outside perspective can provide valuable insights and support.

Document Incidents: Keep a record of any incidents related to the injustice, including dates, times, individuals involved, and details of what happened. This documentation may be useful if you decide to escalate the issue to human resources or higher authorities.

Review Company Policies: Familiarize yourself with your company's policies and procedures for reporting workplace issues. Many organizations have mechanisms in place for handling grievances and ensuring a safe work environment.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Laradeen: 8:38am On Jul 20, 2023
Take a walk ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by oginga: 9:38am On Jul 20, 2023
Your mental health and self worth is important.

If you have some extra savings and you are sure of getting a new job within 5 months, please resign and go elsewhere.

That's my take on the matter!.

All the best sir.

8 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by ZUKKYY(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
Resign
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Dimaya: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
At OP, you need to plan your transition gradually into a new role. You have the choice to stay or leave. You're just afraid of the consequences of life without the 300K that the family pays you.

I'll strongly suggest you to watch this video: craziest job stories you've never heard and listen carefully to the experience of people who are battling similar issues with employment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdbg7Xqg1cQ

Thank me later. It gets better, but it's your choice to stay there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by dododawa1: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Any plan you have in MIND
Remember
FUEL wahala.

3 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by braine(m): 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Stay for now.

Move as soon as you land another job.

Stockholm syndrome is a real thing.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by meum: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hmm. I understand the mental health part. I’ve been in similar situations before(not father & son though).

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by oluwaseyi0: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Revolution2022:
If you are saying the truth about your salary stay put to the job.
lol, you think 300 is a whole lot

OP start been on he look out for another job

9 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by bacil: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Good
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by b3llo(m): 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Gather up some money then resign or endure till you get another offer.

1 Like

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Ofemmanu1: 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
Forget traffic, Lagos is your sureplug.

18 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Samnavy: 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hang on
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Knight1(m): 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

From the looks, you have a solid professional skillset and attitude. I advise you speak to someone in HR field to help you tell your career story in a well packaged CV and LinkedIn profile. With the above, it's obvious you can get a better place in good time.

All the best!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Ara21(f): 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2023
Don't quit and go sit at home. Make sure you get another job before leaving this one. Things are more difficult now than before.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Almiron: 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2023
You seems to have a good CV, starting applying for other jobs, don’t quit yet until you receive APL, else you wan join this crew

3 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Animegirl(f): 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
You know what's best for you even though we give you advice. When is time to leave that toxic place of yours, you will leave.

1 Like

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Jozilinn: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
Stay, ignore and endure when you get a better job offer leave,if only you had a side hustle you understand cos things are hard everywhere in Nigeria,so how you would start coping is another question it will pass with time everyone experiences it in salary work... just do your job and keep straight the lord is your strength

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Olarewaju89: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
You try sha

One idiot will be insulting like animal, I trust myself because na that day i go leave that nonsense job.

3 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Kobicove(m): 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
We have heard your side of the story, I'm waiting to hear the other side undecided
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by donproject2(m): 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
My number one rule in life is that my sanity is beyond any other course. I feel so irritated when I see employers treating their empoyees like shits. I resigned from a work that wanted to terminate my life barely after 8 months without having another job. I am not married though, this may be difficult for someone married with two kids, but, once you think you have skills that can't make you suffer in life, walking out should be something so simple to do. The beginning may be rough, but if you are so determined coupled with the push to bring something to the table, you will definitely find your feet in no time.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by endsarrrs(f): 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
Calculate your steps and when it's ripe, take a dignified walk away

3 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Blitzking: 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

One thing I can't take from anybody is someone else shouting at me no matter who you are..I inherited it from my father..no matter how much you pay me..I might put up with a person unbearing attitude but him cup go full one day I am quiet reserved and analyse the action and words of ppl I deal with constantly assessing the motive..I always advise ppl to let ppl know where you stand so they don't cross boundaries..don't let those motherfuckkeesssr instill fear in you..deal with you job professionally let them know this is how it should be done and you won't take the fall if the project goes south if they choose to do otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by LUGBE: 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2023
I have been there. You are just scared quitting because of the salary.

Take the remaining of this year to build yourself, i mean establish yours and monitor it grow and pull. You must not be earning close to your salary now but by the time you pull and focus 100% it may still take you upto 4-6 months later but trust me the rest will be experience and history.

1 Like

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Godszilla: 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2023
Its tough now agreed but it will get tougher if you exit without an alternative, you are a married man and i know you understand what that means. On top of that the current situation of the country is dire. Please dont walk oo ibeg u, walk IF ONLY there is an option to fall back to. Peace
LithiumSupplier:

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by GambaOsaka: 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2023
My friend.
Don’t listen to those saying ‘take a walk’.
Keep doing your job, and don’t let any of their deeds destabilize you.
The truth is that everybody is replaceable.
If you leave , there are hundreds of people out there that can do the job.
The grass is not always greener at the other side o.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Virgo01(m): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
hydenmatt007:
Experiencing injustice at the workplace can be incredibly challenging and emotionally draining. Deciding whether to resign or hang on in such a situation depends on various factors and requires careful consideration. Here are some steps to help you make an informed decision:

Evaluate the Situation: Take a step back and objectively assess the extent of the injustice and its impact on your well-being and career. Consider the nature of the injustice, the frequency, and whether it's affecting your physical and mental health.

Talk to Someone: Discuss your concerns with a trusted colleague, friend, family member, or mentor. Getting an outside perspective can provide valuable insights and support.

Document Incidents: Keep a record of any incidents related to the injustice, including dates, times, individuals involved, and details of what happened. This documentation may be useful if you decide to escalate the issue to human resources or higher authorities.

Review Company Policies: Familiarize yourself with your company's policies and procedures for reporting workplace issues. Many organizations have mechanisms in place for handling grievances and ensuring a safe work environment.

ChatGPT written wink

4 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Dynamicboss: 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

Get another job and drop your resignation letter without notice after receiving your salary. Forget the nonsense saying you must tender a month notice or forfeiture of your salary. This will teach the owner a big lesson.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? / 8 Types Of People You’ll Find In Every Office / It's International Nurses' Week- What Do You Have To Say About Nurses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.