Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,602 members, 7,941,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

My Girl Proposed To Me - Help - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Proposed To Me - Help (21439 Views)

My Military Officer Friend Proposed To His Lawyer Girlfriend / A Girl Proposed To Her Boyfriend ! How Many Girls Can Do That ? / Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by Demdem(m): 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
I dont think jude is a good friend. Thats all i can say for now.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2012
Jude is a good friend abi? U will be shocked when the same jude will end up marrying ur girlfriend! Shine ur eyes bro! Marry her and stop seeking for advice when the solution lies within u!
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by godswill4m(m): 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
use ur head forget jude matter.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by ifihearam: 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
val_dee: I don't care if you marry her or not, but don't marry her because of:
1. Financial support from her.
2. Promise of job by the brother after marriage.
3. Sympathy.

Bestest advise so far
Stick to this bro

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by ypzilanti: 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
Hell No!

If you have[b] too many questions[/b], do not marry anybody!

Marry when you have most of the answers about your intended spouse.

Its not like those days again, oh! Too many bad people nowadays.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by snthesis(m): 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
i like Jude-
correct guy wink
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by ypzilanti: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2012
Dat Jude guy sef. What a friend. See the kind of reasons he is giving.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by ifihearam: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2012
Demdem: I dont think jude is a good friend. Thats all i can say for now.

Why do you want to cause confusion in the mind of the poster between him and his friend?? Jude offered his one kobo as a friend but the decision solely lies in the hands of the poster.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
acidtalk: Rarely respond to threads if I can't relate to the message 100%. As for this, I can relate to it 101%.

I have found out most people than render advice here are not mature enough and only do it for the sake of 'make me sef talk'.

@Poster, your message is a very serious and deep thinking one.

From what I can see (based on your explanation);

* the ex banker friend of yours likes you but never liked your job. That's very understandable. Which woman wouldn't want her man to earn 6 digit figures? It is only normal.

* she lost her job during the downsizing period as as such the fear that she might not get another job for the fear of her kind of course is what is bothering you.

* you assume she wants to marry you to save herself the shame of returning to the East with her family.

Questions I will ask you are;

* while this girl had her banking job was she rude, bossy, and being in control all the time? Because you mentioned something like being 'oga'. If the answer is yes. Then I will let you know she can never change as if she gets a better job or flowing business tomorrow, she will certainly do worse. But if the answer is No! Then I will let you know you just had a complex and felt inferior to her.

* prior to when she discovered her uncle was relocating, has she ever mentioned marriage plans between you both? If the answer is No! Then I suggest you need to tell her to give you more time to prepare yourself first psychologically and financially as the news just came too sudden. And if the answer is Yes! You still need more time though.

* do you love her enough to live with her flaws? If it is yes! Then you can consider her for marriage, if the answer is No! Let he go as partners only get worse in most cases after marriage.

As for her putting you under a condition of her getting you a job after marriage, don't fall for the bait. Let her know you will ONLY marry her when you get a better job. If she can really help get a job, she will put pressure on that her under to get you the Oil and Gas Job as she won't be able to wait.

I see both of you getting to understand yourself better rathan that just rushing to tie the knot due to circumstances.
Seconded...matured mind talking
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by Demdem(m): 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam:

Why do you want to cause confusion in the mind of the poster between him and his friend?? Jude offered his one kobo as a friend but the decision solely lies in the hands of the poster.

To accept my opinion or not is also a decision for the poster to make. he isnt bound by it. besides my statement wasnt emphatic. it could change if all my existing doubts are satisfied.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by xpensive05: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
you suprise me with the way you talk........
jude says this, jude says that......
is jude a prophet??
grow up man and make decisions u wont have to regret coz marriage decisions re decissions you make for life and if there is a mistake in then you have to live with that mistake all your life................
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by ifihearam: 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
@poster I tot she proposed like dis ooooo

Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by ifihearam: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
berem: Jude is a good friend abi? U will be shocked when the same jude will end up marrying ur girlfriend! Shine ur eyes bro! Marry her and stop seeking for advice when the solution lies within u!

Dumbest post so far on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by darmiex(f): 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
@ poster, if you think she is the wrong one, then she is the wrong one, simple as that. for you to be on this page seeking answers, you are simply trying to convince yourself that you should marry her. that is not marriage, if you need convincing, then you two do not belong together.
also you sounded like she was a 'runs' babe when she had a job, and that she bosses you, then it means you are like a last resort for her. she wan borrow you money to marry her? haba

1 Like

Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by ZURYZEST(m): 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
acidtalk: Rarely respond to threads if I can't relate to the message 100%. As for this, I can relate to it 101%.

I have found out most people than render advice here are not mature enough and only do it for the sake of 'make me sef talk'.

* the ex banker friend of yours likes you but never liked your job. That's very understandable. Which woman wouldn't want her man to earn 6 digit figures? It is only normal.

* she lost her job during the downsizing period as as such the fear that she might not get another job for the fear of her kind of course is what is bothering you.
i concor with acidtalk

* you assume she wants to marry you to save herself the shame of returning to the East with her family.

* while this girl had her banking job was she rude, bossy, and being in control all the time? Because you mentioned something like being 'oga'. If the answer is yes. Then I will let you know she can never change as if she gets a better job or flowing business tomorrow, she will certainly do worse. But if the answer is No! Then I will let you know you just had a complex and felt inferior to her.

* prior to when she discovered her uncle was relocating, has she ever mentioned marriage plans between you both? If the answer is No! Then I suggest you need to tell her to give you more time to prepare yourself first psychologically and financially as the news just came too sudden. And if the answer is Yes! You still need more time though.

* do you love her enough to live with her flaws? If it is yes! Then you can consider her for marriage, if the answer is No! Let he go as partners only get worse in most cases after marriage.

As for her putting you under a condition of her getting you a job after marriage, don't fall for the bait. Let her know you will ONLY marry her when you get a better job. If she can really help get a job, she will put pressure on that her under to get you the Oil and Gas Job as she won't be able to wait.

I see both of you getting to understand yourself better rathan that just rushing to tie the knot due to circumstances.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by shegzee43: 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2012
Sincerely, Jude must be very foolish.Please don't follow his satanic counsel.Just seek the face of God
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by Ayomax(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
freeamie: I met this girl last year September at a cousin’s wedding reception and we exchanged contacts.
We had a first date and I discovered that she is a banker and she discovered (to her disappointment) that I am a School teacher. She said she likes my personality but doesn’t like my job.

Honestly, I have been looking for a better job but U know Naija now. E no easy.
Somehow, we pulled along but no much intimacy as we only meet on weekends and maybe like once a month or so.

Anytime she comes around, she tells me stories of her colleagues, suitors etc etc and of course every one of them has a car and is richer than myself. She pings and answers phone calls of pple I suspect to be her toasters or so, she was just in control. I just played cool. She never asked me for anything and I never asked her too.

Last March, she lost her job. So, she became more available at my place. Last month, she started asking me to define our relationship, my plans for her and future, etc. But, somehow I discovered what I believe is the problem: Her elder bros she’s been staying with will be relocating to east by October when his rent expires.

My girl say she CANNOT leave lagos. With the kind of family she’s from, she won’t be allowed to rent an apartment here especially as she’s got no job.

So, she wants me to marry her before then, she says if money is my problem, that she’ll support me with 350K from her savings. She even said her bros (who works in the oil rig) can help me get a better job (since I studied Engineering), but, that’ll be after our marriage.

This came as a surprise to me cos I thought she’s the Madam here. Besides, I’ll want to marry when I’m ready and to Mrs right. I know I like her very much, but, Jude (my guy) says I should use my brain and NOT my heart.

Jude says she’s not employable again as she studied Food Science tech and has been in the bank for 4 years and that she needs marriage to secure her life and future. He says she’s turned to a liability and that she doesn’t love me.

Now, What do I do ?? What do I tell her ? Jude can’t be right, is he ?
guy if u dnt want to marry her,kindly share her wit me. Mak i help u marry ha.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by Forzap: 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
My frnd marry her jawe,dat dude called jude is talking trash n he is jealous, yes jealous,she is nt employable bt work in d bank for 4 yrs!!dat jude guy don high oo seriously,b bold n marry her joor.(no tyme)
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by tessyade: 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2012

I so love this advice. Poster please answer these questions sincerely and follow the advice, it will help you a lot.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by StilTouchy(m): 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
So, she wants me to marry her before then, she says if money is my problem, that she’ll support me with 350K from her savings. She even said her bros (who works in the oil rig) can help me get a better job (since I studied Engineering), but, that’ll be after our marriage.

Though i don't know you or do i know the gurl in question....Deep in my heart and those words your wrote here, it clearly shows the gurl don't loves and respect you if you ask me. Why would she want you marry her first before her brother could help you get a job where he works. You know man, i can't advise you on this because this is very serious talking about relationships between two adults. Love is a sacrifice if you ask me and it goes with respect, if i love you deep from the bottom of my heart, there are certain things i wouldn't do in your presence due to the respect i have for our love which we both share and i will be ready to sacrifice just to make you happy.

My point here is that. The gurl knows she is going to be happy with you through marriage, truly she has seen a perfect gentle man in you which she hasn't seen in those guys she's been with and i could tell you that because i've been there myself! So i know what you going through Man! So USE YOUR HEAD IN A VERY MATURED WAY AND TELL THE GURL WHAT YOU FEEL ABOUT THE WHOLE THING WITH NO HARD FEELINGS! Then you can move on with your life like the simple man you were before she came along or if you truly love her and you know you can't go on without her and you are OK with her DEMAND, then GO FOR IT MAN! I"LL PRAY FOR YOU...... { NO HARD FEELINGS MAN }

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
Bros, the greatest mistake would be for you to rush into this marriage, like someone mentioned you guys need to sit down and talk.But from a critical perspective you don't really know this girl as much as you would like to and from what I perceive you guys will have control issues in your home because you don't really like her guts even if you love her personality, so I think I have used some words to clarify what you feel, no partner is actually worth the trouble if both of you are not on the same page.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by iykeG(m): 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
In my opinion, I think the girl does not want to marry you because of your money but because she likes you and want you to be her husband thus you are her only hope. All girls has toaster but you can limit it by making her to change her bb or stop using at all.

Maybe she likes you because you are cool and have a promising future. She has a future too. You can never tell. Since you like her to be your wife too, what else. Just use your head and know if your finances will be okay after marriage. As I can see she is willing to struggle with you knowing you just a mere teacher in Nigeria.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by vega84(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
That jude of yours dnt hav ur interest @ heart my guy this is nt a game that u hav to play smart this is a reasonable opportunity fr u to consider she is nt employable bt she worked wit a bank fr 4yrs , my advice fr u to marry her if u think she can make a good wife Bleep the job thing cos u dnt knw 2morw
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by alaoeri: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2012
@poster use your head & think ahead is like the lady in question kinda desperate seeing u as her last hope. Pls don't rush into marriage take your time very well.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by Beync(f): 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2012
That jude of a guy is jealous. may be he jus envisaged you growing with the girl. he want u to dump her and remain the way u are. even if you are not going to marry her dat's not how to advice a friend. someone who hav 4yrs experience in the banking sector is sellable. if not for the redundancy any bank she apply would call her asap. u should be worried abt her proposal if you are not compatible with her and not what jude said.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
I her Akpako is swit, Y not undecided

1 Like

Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by TalkingBird: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
@ Op please get a copy of this book and read it carefully. It will surely help you.
The Secret of Family Happiness
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by posh9ky(f): 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
I really do nt think u shd settle down yet, based on wat u said, she only sees u as an avenue 2 stay back in Lagos, trust me a bossy woman will always b 1 except in few cases, think abt it carefully, av a long talk wit her, get 2 know her properly... If eventually u think u want 2 go ahead with d marriage thingy, I suggest u do whatever u can afford...
As 4 her not getting another job, dat a big lie cos she has 4years experience already and dat a + 4 her...
Der is sumtin dat is nt just rite about d whole story, if she has an uncle dat can help u get a job after settling with u, she ought 2 av gotten a job herself...
Ma take on it, don't marry her until u are damn sure she wants 2 settle down with u 4real not because she doesn't wana go back 2 d East... Best of luck
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by straighthome: 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
a personal rule....any time i sence im being rushed to take a decision i step back and postpone it till i get a clear head .....especially if delaying the decision will not kill someone. i sence despearation...in your shoes ill pass
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by lolarde(f): 3:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
hmmm, not too sure of what to say. but i ll just tell u to be careful cos women can be funny. she lands a better job after marriage and she looks down on u again just like in the past. right now she ses u as a getaway from the immediate issues on ground. Be careful.
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by Mynd44: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2012
This girl only see you as an opportunity and noting else. She might like you but the reason she wants to marry you is flawed. I will suggest that you offer her accommodation in your place for now and then you can talk about marriage later
Re: My Girl Proposed To Me - Help by horny4u(f): 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2012
Why will she want to marry a man whose friend controls his mind

All this forward girls proposing to a men about ( now he thinks she has ulterior motives)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Advises Guys About Eating Pvssy / What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! / The Sun Newspaper Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.