Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,777 members, 7,879,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 05:14 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (390025 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
kulboy:
Please enlighten me. Cheers
If I'm gonna enlighten you, it might take long and I'd really write much but the long and short of the operation which you carried out in your car is going to tell in its fuel economy and sooner or later you'd have to budget for a new engine.

The termostat and intermitent fan installed in your car is meant to allow heat build up in the engine to a particular temperature specified by the manufacturer (after sooooo much testing) to enable the engine burn its fuel+air mixture much more efficiently and thus reduce fuel consumption. The fan and termostat kicks into operation when the temperature is getting to the maximum threshold specified by the manufacturer, but since you've detached the termostat and ditched the factory installed radiator, and bypassed the fan, your engine will force more fuel to burn with the aim of trying to make the engine heat up to the manufacturer's predetermined heat setting thus making your car consume much more fuel, and stressing the engine till a point where you'll damage that engine overtime.

Solution: please reverse what so ever changes you/ your greasy hand destroyer mechanic did to that car and its radiator, termostat, fan-in your own best interest.

No hard feeling bro!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:14am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year house, the Lions and Lionesses !

In this new year, 2014, our Lions will continue to take us round the country and bring us back home safely to our loved lones. My wish and prayer to all of us.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:25am On Jan 01, 2014
kulboy: please i am looking for a navtech on board 2003 setup Cd in order to change my radio language from italian to English on my 307cc, Im also looking for 307cc window lifters to purchase, The lifters that came with the car have been patched beyond repairs. please kindly assist me. Thank you
EDIT: please kindly assist me with more details of my car the VIN is: VF33BNFUC83481609 btw I just got this lion(yaaay!). The temperature used to reach its maximum, i had to remove the thermostat, replace the radiator to a double cell from the single cell it was. without AC on it doesnt go above 72 degrees but with AC on it rises a little bit above 90 degrees N/B: i had a relay attached to the cooling fan to increase its speed.

Will get your car details and post it when i get to Abuja soon. Am still in the East.

Good morning.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by olamega(m): 2:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
Oh Ikenna, I didn't know you travel, I wanted to come and show you my Beemer, anyways that's cool, how's the experience with ur 406 V6?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
olamega: Oh Ikenna, I didn't know you travel, I wanted to come and show you my Beemer, anyways that's cool, how's the experience with ur 406 V6?

Fantastic! cool

Doing a journey with a 406 v6 stick is something i find difficult to explain. Where do i start? The more you push, the more stable it becomes and to crown it, more fun. All i was doing behind the wheel was smiling, especially when i was doing some quick overtaking of queue of trucks. I would shift the stick from 5th to 4th or 3rd, push the throttle pedal to the floor and there goes the jet! cool

I can't wait to hit the road back to Abuja again.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by olamega(m): 9:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
That's it bro! I was trying to explain this in d other section but some ppl found it difficult to understand, its so fluid that you won't know when you're almost over speeding, coz it moves so fast effortlessly, like someone said after driving mine"its like you see a car and just decide you're going past it, and d next thing is that you see the car behind you" . I can't imagine how sweet it'll be if i change it to manual........
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
I left East in the morning and arrived Abuja about 3 or 4 hours ago. As for the fueling, it consumed about 45 litres of petrol from Abuja to Enugu, likewise Enugu to Abuja. Meaning, i spent only N4,500 in the fueling. Note that Abuja to Enugu is about 500 km. Really impressive!

I love my Lions, because they make my trips interesting.

Btw, i did the trip with my D9 V6 manual.

I thank God for everything.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by frenchbase(m): 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
Happy new year, and thanks God for the safe trip.
Welcome back home Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
Ikenna351: I left East in the morning and arrived Abuja about 3 or 4 hours ago. As for the fueling, it consumed about 45 litres of petrol from Abuja to Enugu, likewise Enugu to Abuja. Meaning, i spent only N4,500 in the fueling. Note that Abuja to Enugu is about 500 km. Really impressive!

I love my Lions, because they make my trips interesting.

Btw, i did the trip with my D9 V6 manual.

I thank God for everything.

Ikenna

Welcome back Ikenna and thanks to Jehovah for his mercies. My turn tomorrow... Jos - Makurdi with my lion. Looking forward to the trip. Have a restful nite.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:30am On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:39am On Jan 03, 2014
If you have lost your four Security key card/codes or yours Lion didnt come with the card, you can get it from below in the link:

http://www.carkeycodes.co.uk/

Or You mail them directly: mccormickmartin@hotmail.co.uk

You can as well get the transponder security code from PAN, at Kaduna.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by crispgg: 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hi Ikenna,

Would appreciate if you could check the vin of my Peugeot 206 for me.
VF32AK6F847733099

I'm not the techy type but from what I gathered here, the fan shouldn't be working all the time. Could you advise on where I can get this corrected on the car safely.

Lastly, I'm based in Abuja and would appreciate if you could let me bring the car to you for scanning.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ikenna351:

Then your 4HP20 is the type that cost about 180k.

The type with gauge cost about 70k.

Ikenna

Ikenna, my mechanic has fixed the gear, he changed fibre, filter and one other component. the ride is moving fine now/

thanks man.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
Rudebwoy:

Ikenna, my mechanic has fixed the gear, he changed fibre, filter and one other component. the ride is moving fine now/

thanks man.

Congrats!

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2014
kulboy: please i am looking for a navtech on board 2003 setup Cd in order to change my radio language from italian to English on my 307cc, Im also looking for 307cc window lifters to purchase, The lifters that came with the car have been patched beyond repairs. please kindly assist me. Thank you
EDIT: please kindly assist me with more details of my car the VIN is: VF33BNFUC83481609 btw I just got this lion(yaaay!). The temperature used to reach its maximum, i had to remove the thermostat, replace the radiator to a double cell from the single cell it was. without AC on it doesnt go above 72 degrees but with AC on it rises a little bit above 90 degrees N/B: i had a relay attached to the cooling fan to increase its speed.

VIN: VF33BNFUC83481609

1. Vehicle Family: 307.

2. Warranty Start Date: 16/03/2004.

3. Silhouette: Coupe Cabriolet-2 Door.

6. Trim Level: Dynamic.

7. Driving Position: LHD.

8. Engine: TU5JP4, 1.6 L, 16v, 110 hp.

9. Transmission: 5-speed Manual gearbox, BVM5.

10. Body Colour: Aluminium Grey.

11. Interior Trim Type: Leather "Claudia" Q1.

12. Badge: CC.

13. Steering: Variable Power Steering.

14. Fuel: Lead Free Petrol.

15. EOBD Self-Diagnosis System: Fitted.

16. Fan: 1 fan, 2 speed, 6W Aero.

17. Throttle Housing: Motorised Throttle Body.

18. Wheels: 16" Alloy Wheels.

19. Tyre (size, type): 205/55 R16 V.

20. ABS: Fitted.

21. Brake type: Ventilated Front Discs/Rear Discs.

22. Electronic Stability Program (ESP): Fitted.

23. Reversing Lamps: With 1 reversing lamp.

24. Windscreen wiper: Front wiper blade without rain sensor.

25. Headlamp wiper: Fitted.

26. Front Fog lights: Fitted.

27.Exterior Rear view mirrors: Electric control.

28. Front & Rear seat belts: Fitted.

29. Front and Rear Head Restraint: Fitted.

30. Speed Graduations: kms/h.

31. Radio Controls: Remote Radio Control without CD Function.

32. Compact Disc (Rear): Fitted.

33. Radio Receiver: "RT3"Radiotelephone system.

34. Satellite Navigation System: With Navigation system Colour screen.

35. Oil Gauge: Oil Temp + Level Indicator.

36. Heated Seat: Fitted.

37. Cruise Control: Not fitted.

38. Multiplexing: Yes.

39. Radio Frequency: Western Europe Radio Frequency.

40. A/C: Fitted.

Etc.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
crispgg: Hi Ikenna,

Would appreciate if you could check the vin of my Peugeot 206 for me.
VF32AK6F847733099

I'm not the techy type but from what I gathered here, the fan shouldn't be working all the time. Could you advise on where I can get this corrected on the car safely.

Lastly, I'm based in Abuja and would appreciate if you could let me bring the car to you for scanning.

VIN: VF32AK6F847733099

1. Vehicle Family: 206.

2. Warranty Start Date: 04/11/2007.

3. Silhouette: 5 Door Saloon.

4. Driving Position: LHD.

5. Trim Level: Low-Low.

6. Engine: TU3A, 1.4 L, 75 hp.

6. Transmission: 5-speed Manual Gearbox, BVM5.

7. Body Colour: EWP-Banquise White Paint.

8. Steering: Unvariable Power Steering.

9. Fuel: 2 Star Petrol.

10. Fuel Supply Cut-off: Fitted.

11. EOBD Self-Diagnosis System: Not Fitted.

12. Fan: 1 fan, 2-speed. 300W, 80w Aero.

13. Throttle Housing: Motorised Throttle Body.

14. Wheel fitted: 14" Steel Wheels.

15. Tyre (size, type): PNEU 185/65 R14 86H Non Renforce.

16. ABS: Not Fitted.

17. Brake type: Non-Ventilated Front Discs/Rear Drums.

18. Rear Screen Wiper: Fitted.

19. Exterior Rear view Mirrors: Manual Control.

20. Front & Rear Seat belts: Fitted.

21. Speed Graduations: Kms/h.

22. Radio Controls: Remeote Radio Control without CD function.

23. Compact Disc (Rear): Not Fitted.

24. Radio Receiver: "RD3" RDS Compact Disc Audio System.

25. A/C: FItted.

26. Cruise Control: Not Fitted.

27. Front Fog Lamps: Not Fitted.

Etc.

As for the scanning and reverting your radiator fan connection to factory, let's discuss it offline. 08052811236.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
@ crispgg,

Please, i need to you test something in on Lion. Find it below:

http://peugeotarena.com/how-to-test-peugeot-engine-cooling-system-thermostat-while-its-still-in-engine/

I want to know if your thermostat is still in the cooling system or removed, since your original fan connection has been bypassed.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Arewaswagga: 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2014
aare07: am dreaming of buying 607 , as a student of feferal university located at the northern part of the country, what work can i do to get money to buy it. I want to buy before i finished.

well, gudluck bro.

@OP, my brand new 407 is a yr+ plus nw & so far, apart frm d normal tyre wear, i havnt xperienced any major issues wit it. Dis car seems reliable,, bt its also french; lol.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kulboy(m): 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ikenna351:

VIN: VF33BNFUC83481609

1. Vehicle Family: 307.

2. Warranty Start Date: 16/03/2004.

3. Silhouette: Coupe Cabriolet-2 Door.

6. Trim Level: Dynamic.

7. Driving Position: LHD.

8. Engine: TU5JP4, 1.6 L, 16v, 110 hp.

9. Transmission: 5-speed Manual gearbox, BVM5.

10. Body Colour: Aluminium Grey.

11. Interior Trim Type: Leather "Claudia" Q1.

12. Badge: CC.

13. Steering: Variable Power Steering.

14. Fuel: Lead Free Petrol.

15. EOBD Self-Diagnosis System: Fitted.

16. Fan: 1 fan, 2 speed, 6W Aero.

17. Throttle Housing: Motorised Throttle Body.

18. Wheels: 16" Alloy Wheels.

19. Tyre (size, type): 205/55 R16 V.

20. ABS: Fitted.

21. Brake type: Ventilated Front Discs/Rear Discs.

22. Electronic Stability Program (ESP): Fitted.

23. Reversing Lamps: With 1 reversing lamp.

24. Windscreen wiper: Front wiper blade without rain sensor.

25. Headlamp wiper: Fitted.

26. Front Fog lights: Fitted.

27.Exterior Rear view mirrors: Electric control.

28. Front & Rear seat belts: Fitted.

29. Front and Rear Head Restraint: Fitted.

30. Speed Graduations: kms/h.

31. Radio Controls: Remote Radio Control without CD Function.

32. Compact Disc (Rear): Fitted.

33. Radio Receiver: "RT3"Radiotelephone system.

34. Satellite Navigation System: With Navigation system Colour screen.

35. Oil Gauge: Oil Temp + Level Indicator.

36. Heated Seat: Fitted.

37. Cruise Control: Not fitted.

38. Multiplexing: Yes.

39. Radio Frequency: Western Europe Radio Frequency.

40. A/C: Fitted.

Etc.

Ikenna
Ikenna, Thank you for an apt VIN Check. It vividly describes my car. I'm in need of the Window lifters and the Window winder motors, For the both front doors of my LION(307cc specifically) , can you hook me up with where I can purchase them. what can I do to give my car more power/speed. Also considering the option of tuning the engine( you should know better, what's your take on this and how to they achieve it). Anytime I put on the AC I feel there's a small loss in power, doesn't pick like when the AC has been switched off. What can I do about it? Thanks Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by dralapomeji: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Good afternoon. I wanna know if a 206 iS a good buy. Wanna know the ads and disads. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by noblefada: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Thanks Ikenna, really enjoy your passion for lions! pls I was thinking of buying a tokunbo 207 from cotonou and some was saying it's not fuel economical that Peugeot are not generally are, pls what's you take on it and how much can it go. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
History of Peugeot Logo

I met few of them. grin

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
wisesystem:

Welcome back Ikenna and thanks to Jehovah for his mercies. My turn tomorrow... Jos - Makurdi with my lion. Looking forward to the trip. Have a restful nite.

Hope you had a safe trip?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
noblefada: Thanks Ikenna, really enjoy your passion for lions! pls I was thinking of buying a tokunbo 207 from cotonou and some was saying it's not fuel economical that Peugeot are not generally are, pls what's you take on it and how much can it go. Thanks

Stop listening to those confused people.

Ask some of them "What was the last Peugeot you owned?". Some may answer you "None"'. while the rest may answer "504". And for some that would tell you they once owned recent Peugeots, ask them how they were using and maintaining the cars and you will be surprised how those Lions suffered under them, abuse of the highest order. Yet these people would tell you "Generally, Peugeots are not fuel economical, not reliable, etc.

You have never owned a Peugeot, yet you know how Gas guzzlers they are. You abused your poor 504 (your last Peugeot) back then, yet you know how unreliable modern Peugeots are. Really confused people!

Just post the VIN of the one you are interested in, for you to know if you will be ok with the specifications/gadgets the car will come with.

If Peugeots are not fuel economical, how come my 2000 production 406 V6 average 39+ mpg on highway? How come, in this past Xmas trip, my the same 406 V6 stick 2000 production covered above 500 km with just 45 litres? A 2000 production V6 car, yet it was able to challenge the fuel economy of some new cars I4s of other brands. Note that i drove out for the trip with 5 passengers: 3 Adults, 1 two-year old boy and less than a year child. Both the car was so full that i couldnt put everything i wanted to travel with in the car. Yet, with all the weight, the car still performed wonderfully in fuel consumption. Also note that the windows were up all through the journey, going and coming back (A/C) running. Meaning if I had travelled alone, the car would have been lighter. And that means less power to pull the car and less fuel. So, probably, it would have taken about 30- 37 litres to cover the 500+ km. Now, they were telling you Peugeot cars are Gas guzzlers?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dgame7: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2014
@Ikenna Pls help. Thanks VF38BRFN281401138
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 12:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
filcast: ok thanks.I ll try the DIY things u suggested and report back here. The problem is am still in the village and won't like to engaage any mechanic till I get back to lagos.
@wisesystem,unfortunately I couldn't get back sooner due to poor network etc. The Problem has lead to the burning of my head gasket(according to the mechanic). The leakage persisted whenever the a/c was on and proceeded to burst the pipe (I think carries water from the radiator to the evaporator or so). There are actually two of such pipes but the mecho says one is for the heater or so.the pipes are visible when you open the bonnet and appear to be going beneath the dashboard.
These led to bursting and leakage of some other pipes and constant shortage of oil and finally to the burning of the head gasket.
Now the solution being offered by the mecho is to seal off all leaking radiator pipes,use a new pipe to connect the two pipes I described earlier to each other (he claims this is better than pulling down tghe dashbord and that the only downside is that the heater will no longer function) and replace the head gasket.
I need to agree to these,at least to be able to get to Lagos where I can seek further assistance.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
filcast: Hello house, I have observed that water collects under the foot mart of the passenger side of my 306.I Suspect it could be from the cooling system but am not actually vast in this area.
unfortunately I couldn't get back sooner due to poor network etc. The Problem has lead to the burning of my head gasket(according to the mechanic). The leakage persisted whenever the a/c was on and proceeded to burst the pipe (I think carries water from the radiator to the evaporator or so). There are actually two of such pipes but the mecho says one is for the heater or so.the pipes are visible when you open the bonnet and appear to be going beneath the dashboard.
These led to bursting and leakage of some other pipes and constant shortage of oil and finally to the burning of the head gasket.
Now the solution being offered by the mecho is to seal off all leaking radiator pipes,use a new pipe to connect the two pipes I described earlier to each other (he claims this is better than pulling down tghe dashbord and that the only downside is that the heater will no longer function but) and replace the head gasket.
I need to agree to these,at least to be able to get to Lagos where I can seek further assistance.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:10am On Jan 06, 2014
Dgame7: @Ikenna Pls help. Thanks VF38BRFN281401138

Please, check the VIN you posted. It's reporting "Unknown Vehicle".

Good morning.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 7:12am On Jan 07, 2014
filcast: unfortunately I couldn't get back sooner due to poor network etc. The Problem has lead to the burning of my head gasket(according to the mechanic). The leakage persisted whenever the a/c was on and proceeded to burst the pipe (I think carries water from the radiator to the evaporator or so). There are actually two of such pipes but the mecho says one is for the heater or so.the pipes are visible when you open the bonnet and appear to be going beneath the dashboard.
Now the solution being offered by the mecho is to seal off all leaking radiator pipes,use a new pipe to connect the two pipes I described earlier to each other (he claims this is better than pulling down tghe dashbord and that the only downside is that the heater will no longer function but) and replace the head gasket.

Wow! really sad news my Brother. However am quite confused with the issues you are attributing your AC leak with ... 'Burnt head gasket'? 'Constant shortage of oil'. Cant see the correlation here. Is your mechanic a Peugeot mechanic? If yes, could he simply scan the car for you using a pp2000? One of the first things I learnt on this thread is not to listen to everything our mechanics say. And if possible scan the car before your return trip.

@ Ikenna, this Bro needs you...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:58am On Jan 07, 2014
filcast: unfortunately I couldn't get back sooner due to poor network etc. The Problem has lead to the burning of my head gasket(according to the mechanic). The leakage persisted whenever the a/c was on and proceeded to burst the pipe (I think carries water from the radiator to the evaporator or so). There are actually two of such pipes but the mecho says one is for the heater or so.the pipes are visible when you open the bonnet and appear to be going beneath the dashboard.

Loss of coolant has nothing to do with shortage of oil. They are two different problems.

The 2 hoses on the firewall from cylinder head/radiator, do not take coolant to the Evaporator. Rather, to the heater matrix. If I had seen this ealier, I would have suggested you block those two lines, pending when you fix the leak or replace the leaking lines.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 10:57am On Jan 07, 2014
Ikenna351:

Loss of coolant has nothing to do with shortage of oil. They are two different problems.

The 2 hoses on the firewall from cylinder head/radiator, do not take coolant to the Evaporator. Rather, to the heater matrix. If I had seen this ealier, I would have suggested you block those two lines, pending when you fix the leak or replace the leaking lines.

Ikenna
yes u are right,they are for the heater-i didn't know earlier. Well,right now the gasket has been changed, the two lines blocked but some water lines are still dripping water and the temp is still at 'danger' range.
I want them to seal off all water leakages first and then take it from there.
Pls can u advise me on the proper use of radiator coolant. I ve not been using it but just bought one from Total here in onitsha.
Guys help me o,am stranded here in onitsha!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 11:02am On Jan 07, 2014
wisesystem:

Wow! really sad news my Brother. However am quite confused with the issues you are attributing your AC leak with ... 'Burnt head gasket'? 'Constant shortage of oil'. Cant see the correlation here. Is your mechanic a Peugeot mechanic? If yes, could he simply scan the car for you using a pp2000? One of the first things I learnt on this thread is not to listen to everything our mechanics say. And if possible scan the car before your return trip.

@ Ikenna, this Bro needs you...
thanks bro.he said he is peugeot mechanic but I ve reasons to doubt that.most of these mistakes have been made.all I want now is to manage this car from onitsha to lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.