Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,976 members, 7,931,379 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 12:52 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (393071 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
segzyndpep: Pls my 407 fan has problem I decided to change it but when I change it I realise after I off d engine d fan continue working

Like we have just discussed on the phone, the new fan was a wrong one for your 407 EW12, which led them to connect the fan wrongly, hence, non-stopping of the fan spinning.

Get the EW series fan in 407 and the problem will go away.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ikenna351:

I believe the fuse is located in the BSM, right? You can always get fuse you want from Peugeot used parts shops or even from the new ones.

You were so lucky that your right fog light was intact. Judging from the number plate, one could tell which side that hit the goat. A set of D9 Fog lights cost between 15-25k, depending on the grade (follow come). Unfortunately, they sell them in pairs, not single.

We thank God for everything.

Ikenna

Didn't know D9 Fog lights cost that much m Brother... Hmmmn. Would look for the right fuse when I get back.
Please cant get any F.M Radio on my car, brought it out to check if the antenna was disconnected from inside but it wasn't. Any idea what may be wrong?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
wisesystem:

Didn't know D9 Fog lights cost that much m Brother... Hmmmn. Would look for the right fuse when I get back.
Please cant get any F.M Radio on my car, brought it out to check if the antenna was disconnected from inside but it wasn't. Any idea what may be wrong?

Did the car come with the problem or after you got her?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by segzyndpep(m): 9:23pm On Dec 26, 2013
Thank you sir i order for the right one.it should be fix tomorrow..i will keep you posted about it.thanks so much @ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 6:23am On Dec 27, 2013
Ikenna351:

Did the car come with the problem or after you got her?

Ikenna

At Cotonou I remember getting their local channels with the car though not clear, but since she arrived Nigeria I have never been able to get a clear channel. in rare cases it comes but u can barely hear a distinct sound.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by segzyndpep(m): 8:26am On Dec 27, 2013
please share the engine oil you use for your EW12 407 lion...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Smoothcriminal: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ikenna351:

Details below:

1. Vehicle: 206

2. Silhouette: Coupe Cabriolet-2 Door.

3. Warranty Start Date: 31/07/2003.

4. Driving Position: Left Hand Drive.

5. Trim Level: Cab Level B.

6. Engine: EW10 J4, 2.0 L, 16v, 138 hp.

7. Transmission: 5-speed Manual Tansmission, BVM5, BE4 S.

8. Badge: cc

9. Body Colour: Wicked Red.

10. Interior Trim type: Andorra Braid Cloth + "MK" EFKA.

11. Steering: Variable Power Steering.

12. Cylinder Block (Material): Crankcase Aluminium.

13. Fuel Type: Lead Free Petrol.

14. Fuel supply Cut-off: Fitted.

15. EOBD Self-Diagnosis System: Fitted.

16. Fan: 2 two-speed 250W Fans.

17. Throttle Body: Manual Throttle Body (Engine Air Intake).

18. Wheel (type): 16" Alloy Wheels.

19. Tryes (Size, Type): 205/45 R16 W Tyres.

20. ABS: ABS Teves MK70

21. Service Brake: Electronic Brakeforce Distribution.

22. Brake Type: Ventilated Front Disc/Rear Discs.

23. Suspension: Normal Suspension.

24. ESP (Electronic Stability Program): Not fitted.

25. Aerial: Short Front Aerial.

26. Exterior Rear view Mirrors: Electric contol.

27. Exterior Rear view Mirrors Fold-back: Manual Control.

28. Windscreen wiper: Front wiper blade with rain sensor.

29. Rear screen wiper: Not fitted.

30. Head lamp wiper: Not fitted.

31. Front Fog light: Fitted.

32. Front Headrest: Fitted.

33. Rear Headrest: Not fitted.

34. A/C: Fitted.

35. Radio Contol: Remote Control without CD Function.

36. Compact Disc Player (Rear): Not fitted.

37. Satellite Navigation System: Not fitted.

38. Front Windows control: Electric contol.

39. Rear Window control: Electric control.

40. Clock: Numeric clock.

41. Oil Gauge: Oil Temperature + Level Indicator.

42. Heated seat: Fitted.

43. Cruise Control: Not fitted.

44. Steering Wheel: Leather Steering Wheel 3 Branches.

45. Alternator: 70 Amps.

46. Special Lighting: Automatic Headlamp illumination.

47. Multiplexing: Yes.

48. Set of Keys: 1 HF Plip Key + 1 Single Main Key.

Etc.

Ikenna

Merry Xmas

Ikenna, sorry to bother u again, were u able to get d last reported odometer readings of the car and last reported status/ state of the car.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 6:39am On Dec 28, 2013
Hello house, I have observed that water collects under the foot mart of the passenger side of my 306.I Suspect it could be from the cooling system but am not actually vast in this area.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 8:00am On Dec 28, 2013
filcast: Hello house, I have observed that water collects under the foot mart of the passenger side of my 306.I Suspect it could be from the cooling system but am not actually vast in this area.

In my case it was a result of the AC water hose not fitted properly where it was supposed to dispense water from the AC out, under the car. Realised no water came of from under my car after hours of using the AC, had to access the hose bringing water out of my car by removing the coin box located near the gear and unscrewing the screws that hold the compartment shielding the AC water hose located underneath the gear lever( for 406). But all this would only be necessary if no water comes from underneath your car after continuous use of the AC.
You could also trace the source of the water while the AC is on by feeling for wetness from the foot-rug upwards. If the wetness goes up into your car dashboard then it could be something more complex that the Gurus in the house could suggest. In my case though it was the AC hose which I solved by fitting it back properly with glue, the total cost being two hundred naira.

@ Ikenna, Morn, still waiting for your informed suggestions on what may be the cause of my car radio not able to get local stations or any for that matter. Its been that way since it came. Cheers!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 8:11am On Dec 28, 2013
wisesystem:

In my case it was a result of the AC water hose not fitted properly where it was supposed to dispense water from the AC out, under the car. Realised no water came of from under my car after hours of using the AC, had to access the hose bringing water out of my car by removing the coin box located near the gear and unscrewing the screws that hold the compartment shielding the AC water hose located underneath the gear lever( for 406). But all this would only be necessary if no water comes from underneath your car after continuous use of the AC.
You could also trace the source of the water while the AC is on by feeling for wetness from the foot-rug upwards. If the wetness goes up into your car dashboard then it could be something more complex that the Gurus in the house could suggest. In my case though it was the AC hose which I solved by fitting it back properly with glue, the total cost being two hundred naira.

@ Ikenna, Morn, still waiting for your informed suggestions on what may be the cause of my car radio not able to get local stations or any for that matter. Its been that way since it came. Cheers!

ok thanks.I ll try the DIY things u suggested and report back here. The problem is am still in the village and won't like to engage any mechanic till I get back to lagos.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
wisesystem:

Sorry, am not in Abuja right now. I travelled and have been busy behind the wheel since yesterday. Lol!

As for your radio issue. Honestly, i have no idea what could be the cause. Of course, what would come to mind is disconnection from roof Aerial. But since you said you have checked and it was connected, then i can't think of any other thing. Unless the radio FM in your Lion was designed to work only in Mars, not Earth. grin

PP2000 should have indicated the cause all those while you have been scanning the lion with pp2000, unless you didn't bother to check if the radio ECU had presence of fault during Global scan.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 6:41am On Dec 29, 2013
Ikenna351:

Sorry, am not in Abuja. I travelled and have been busy behind the wheel since yesterday. Lol!

As for your radio issue. Honestly, i have no idea what could be the cause. Of course, what would come to mind is disconnection from roof Aerial. But since you said you have checked and it was connected, then i can't think of any other thing. Unless the radio FM in your Lion was designed to work only in Mars, not Earth. grin

PP2000 should have indicated the cause all those while you have been scanning the lion with pp2000, unless you didn't bother to check if the radio ECU has faulty during Global test.

Ikenna

Welcome back Brother u have been missed. About my car radio, PP2000 actually tells me its ok. Also I only said the antenna connecting to the radio was in place when i checked so I think a disconnection btw the radio and the antenna could still be worth checking. I think I ll take it out and try another radio with the antenna in my car and see, if it still doesnt work then Ill see about changing the antenna if the antenna wire can be pulled out and checked. Have a great day.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by chronique(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2013
Hi folks! Pls I need a reliable peugeot mechanic to help fix a 306 wagon. Timing belt cut and a mech was called to check it. Cylinder was opened and we realised the piston was broken/cracked and it's been replaced but car doesn't start again. Kindly buzz me on 07083971264 if you're a good peugeot mechanic who can fix it.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
chronique: Hi folks! Pls I need a reliable peugeot mechanic to help fix a 306 wagon. Timing belt cut and a mech was called to check it. Cylinder was opened and we realised the piston was broken/cracked and it's been replaced but car doesn't start again. Kindly buzz me on 07083971264 if you're a good peugeot mechanic who can fix it.

Your location would be helpful.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by chronique(m): 12:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
I'm based in lagos.
Ikenna351:

Your location would be helpful.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
chronique: I'm based in lagos.

Sorry for the late response. I was working on my father's car since afternoon, trying to fix brake issues and revert some terrible wrong connections done on the car. I concluded the work about an hour ago.

About your issue, unfortunately, i really don't know any good Peugeot mechanic in Lagos i can vouch for and recommend for someone. If it were in Abuja, i have someone that i recommend to Peugeot owners for mechanical repairs.

Let's hope house members that live in Lagos would be of help to you.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
Smoothcriminal:

Merry Xmas

Ikenna, sorry to bother u again, were u able to get d last reported odometer readings of the car and last reported status/ state of the car.

Thanks in anticipation

No, Service Box doesn't give such information.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 30, 2013
I have a Peugeot 406 Automatic V6, when in drive mode the car drops out of drive then might shoot back in again and the indicator for the drive postion on the dashboard shows the sports and winter postioning flashing. Sometimes although you can select the drive position nothing will happen but if you rev the car it picks up.

Two days ago, I noticed there's oil in the radiator tank which the mechanic told me it's a fault where the gearbox oil is mixing with radiator water. I immediately bought two tins of gear oil and topped pending when I will repair it after new year.

Just yesterday ( Sunday ) the stopped moving. I don't know of it's the gear or the shaft.

Please help.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:13am On Dec 30, 2013
Rudebwoy: I have a Peugeot 406 Automatic V6, when in drive mode the car drops out of drive then might shoot back in again and the indicator for the drive postion on the dashboard shows the sports and winter postioning flashing. Sometimes although you can select the drive position nothing will happen but if you rev the car it picks up.

Two days ago, I noticed there's oil in the radiator tank which the mechanic told me it's a fault where the gearbox oil is mixing with radiator water. I immediately bought two tins of gear oil and topped pending when I will repair it after new year.

Just yesterday ( Sunday ) the stopped moving. I don't know of it's the gear or the shaft.

Please help.

It's possible your transmission has packed up. Or renewing the transmission fluid with the right fluid may fix the issue.

Since your 406 is V6, the auto gearbox will be 4HP20.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 30, 2013
Ikenna351:

It's possible your transmission has packed up. Or renewing the transmission fluid with the right fluid may fix the issue.

Since your 406 is V6, the auto gearbox will be 4HP20.

Ikenna

do you know the price of the gear box pls
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:28am On Dec 30, 2013
Rudebwoy:

do you know the price of the gear box pls

It depends.

Does your gearbox have gauge? I mean gearbox oil dipstick?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by damsy01(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2013
I can see guys are doin wondaful jobs here.. Infact, I must commend the OP for the thread and all his rapid responses... I jus joined the league of Lion owners ( as put by the OP ) 307 2005 model. I jus bought the ride 3 month ago and it has never given me any prob whatsoever. but my problem is that I took the car to a mechanic workshop for servicing and to my surprise the mech guy told me the car was a right handed that it was converted to left and he shows me some proof to bakop his claims.. thou he assured me that there is no any side effect of conversion if it was done well and av drove the care even up the speed of 170kmh without any hiccup. so, I jus want the professional Lion users to and possibly the professional mechs to pls tell me the disadvantage of a converted Lion car so that I can take caution cos I don't think its wld b possible for me to return it anymore. Merry Chrismas and Happy New year in advance.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
damsy01: I can see guys are doin wondaful jobs here.. Infact, I must commend the OP for the thread and all his rapid responses... I jus joined the league of Lion owners ( as put by the OP ) 307 2005 model. I jus bought the ride 3 month ago and it has never given me any prob whatsoever. but my problem is that I took the car to a mechanic workshop for servicing and to my surprise the mech guy told me the car was a right handed that it was converted to left and he shows me some proof to bakop his claims.. thou he assured me that there is no any side effect of conversion if it was done well and av drove the care even up the speed of 170kmh without any hiccup. so, I jus want the professional Lion users to and possibly the professional mechs to pls tell me the disadvantage of a converted Lion car so that I can take caution cos I don't think its wld b possible for me to return it anymore. Merry Chrismas and Happy New year in advance.

Post your VIN here. I want to confirm the driving position.

The number starts with VF3.....

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ikenna351:

It depends.

Does your gearbox have gauge? I mean gearbox oil dipstick?

Ikenna

no. it doesn't.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
Rudebwoy:

no. it doesn't.

Then your 4HP20 is the type that cost about 180k.

The type with gauge cost about 70k.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kulboy(m): 11:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
please i am looking for a navtech on board 2003 setup Cd in order to change my radio language from italian to English on my 307cc, Im also looking for 307cc window lifters to purchase, The lifters that came with the car have been patched beyond repairs. please kindly assist me. Thank you
EDIT: please kindly assist me with more details of my car the VIN is: VF33BNFUC83481609 btw I just got this lion(yaaay!). The temperature used to reach its maximum, i had to remove the thermostat, replace the radiator to a double cell from the single cell it was. without AC on it doesnt go above 72 degrees but with AC on it rises a little bit above 90 degrees N/B: i had a relay attached to the cooling fan to increase its speed.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 31, 2013
kulboy: please i am looking for a navtech on board 2003 setup Cd in order to change my radio language from italian to English on my 307cc, Im also looking for 307cc window lifters to purchase, The lifters that came with the car have been patched beyond repairs. please kindly assist me. Thank you
EDIT: please kindly assist me with more details of my car the VIN is: VF33BNFUC83481609 btw I just got this lion(yaaay!). The temperature used to reach its maximum, i had to remove the thermostat, replace the radiator to a double cell from the single cell it was. without AC on it doesnt go above 72 degrees but with AC on it rises a little bit above 90 degrees N/B: i had a relay attached to the cooling fan to increase its speed.

@ bolded red, that is the begining of the gradual demise of that car.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kulboy(m): 12:22am On Dec 31, 2013
lomomike:

@ bolded red, that is the begining of the gradual demise of that car.

Please enlighten me. Cheers
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ikenna351:

Then your 4HP20 is the type that cost about 180k.

The type with gauge cost about 70k.

Ikenna

My technician just dismantled the gear and said the fibre and the filter will be changed.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
Rudebwoy:

My technician just dismantled the gear and said the fibre and the filter will be changed.

Ok.

Ikenna

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.