Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,344 members, 7,934,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 11:21 PM

Naval Brutality At Sapele - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Naval Brutality At Sapele (16987 Views)

Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) / Naval Officers Terrorise and brutalise Lagos Community; (Pictures) / Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by mapet: 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
Slow your roll..... I wonder what's with the seeming nerve. I don't need to regurgitate the obvious as already posited by members of the forum. I only gave a perspective to highlight Okija_juju's POV. If you don't get my point then no need stretching it
aribisala0:
Well I do NOT know what your point is really so I cannot disagree with it.

None of my brothers is in the Army I do not think that makes me less knowledgeable of military/civilian conflicts in Nigeria.It is irrelevant.
The military are made up of humans not angels so they are capable of all human failings; lying,cheating,stealing,killing,raping etc just like ALL other humans
A story or allegation has been reported.
The allegation is that these individuals went to that restaurant in civilian dress and got into a fight and then went to reinforce this time returning in military dress to terrrorize civilians.We do not know if this particular allegation is true but there are far too many of these incidents and we need to find a solution as a society.
No one has the facts, what we want is for the story to be investigated and any culprits if any brought to book.
also rather than dealing with every new case in order to find a solution the Commander in Chief must wade in and tell their bosses enough is enough.

How you deal with YOUR own life is a matter for you and goodluck with that. To suggest that everyone should adopt your approach is puzzling to me.
The point here is about society,order rule of law and how this relates to the Nigerian military. As a matter of fact there is an outstanding Court Judgment agaist the Navy for stripping a women half naked and beating her(we all saw the videos),that particular judgment was issued not just against the Navy but also against an Admiral.
Several times military personnel have attacked police and even police stations,LASTMA and others. Till date the Navy have not paid the court judgment. We hear of Army barracks refusing to pay electricity bills and daring NEPA to disconnect them. What we want to see is a situation where that trend is arrested and changed. Conflict will always happen in human life and our miltary CANNOT use their status to resolve personal conflicts. Do they not have military in Germany or the US or UK do they ever attack police or civilians. The truth is they got away with this for long under military governments and they need reorientation to learn that this is no longer acceptable
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by aribisala0(m): 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2012
mapet: Slow your roll..... I wonder what's with the seeming nerve. I don't need to regurgitate the obvious as already posited by members of the forum. I only gave a perspective to highlight Okija_juju's POV. If you don't get my point then no need stretching it
Guy please speak English and spare me the neologisms . What is "seeming nerve" and "slow your roll" is that "guy" or a substitute for communication. Did you learn that on MTV ?? or CNN

I said I don't get your point.
Are You are telling us that the woman should have "Stayed safe" by serving the thugs ? and that you have a brother in the Army so that gives you elevated knowlegde of them. That it is not likely the allegations are true? What is your point??
I gave instances of Naval unruliness including a court judgement. According to your logic everyone should ALWAYS walk away from thugs and bullies so maybe in order to stay safe Christians in Northern Nigeria should CONVERT to Islam to appease Boko Haram and save their lives,maybe GEJ should convert too?. Clearly I do not buy this and said why. We can agree to disagree but I will keep quiet when I choose to not when it suits you!!!
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by benzeeno: 12:48am On Aug 11, 2012
[/color][color=#000099] shocked
CHIDI EJIOGU: THIS IS RUBISH.TAKE THE MATTER TO THE PRESS,TAKE PICTURES AS EVIDENCE,THEN HAVE A GOOD LAWYER SUE THE CHIEF OF NAVAL STAFF FOR 50BLLION NAIRA.THAT SHOULD TEACH THEM NOT TO MOLEST INNOCENT CIVILIANS.
our nations budget.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by thefunclubenterprise(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
ebamma: man i'm doubting this story,a naval officer will not beat you unless you insult him

Are you a naval officer? So you beat anyone that insults you because you are in uniform??

Are you a civilian? Then you need to know your rights

Wow!
I won't insult u, learning is a constant process

You are wrong!,your thinking is wrong!
The only reason an officer should assault is for self defence (that's if you attack him, not because you tell him "you are mad!"wink

Learn what's right and think right always!

God bless you my friend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Grandma, Son, Intercepts Tramadol Pills, Codeine Bottles / Man Drinks Rat Poison In Otukpo And Dies / Fake Travel Agent Nabbed After Scamming 22 Students Of N1.2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.