Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,716 members, 7,951,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... (30348 Views)

Old Photo Of General Babangida, Lt. Col Dimka And Their Coursemates As Cadets / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 / Honorable Kemi Banjo (Alatika): 'Tasted, Trusted & Reliable' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by oladapoa1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
[quote author=Malawian][/quote] lols! An answer question...go read 2nd world war as a case study...mtcheew
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by RealMccoy2(m): 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2012
CyberG:

What media propaganda? Do you know that ibos are the Goebbelian-propagandists since the advent if Nigeria? Check your history young man! Now I am not attacking any one, history is something that can not be changed. Can even Germany escape their evil past? They still get flak for it so stop this futile victim mentality of saying I am attacking you. How can, when I have more friends who are SE than you? In any case, your answer skirts the question and you damn know it!!

Dumb azz,congratulations!!Your tribalism thread made it to 12pages,now go and collect your Trophy from your internet Bigot brother. amazing,how a jobless little boy like you, after playing video game for 18hours a day would come to a forum to talk war stories as told to you by a Yo-robber propaganda machine that never smelt the sound of a bomb blast.Abacha threw a bomb that caused no casualty yet your dad and his fellow fake democracy activities dropped like used diapers....lol
Cyberg G,your e-warrior name said it all "cyberg" .You are probably softer than a wet tissue paper grin grin grin checkmate.

No disrespect to right thinking Yoruba men and women that think outside the box.It is unfortunate that faceless i-diots goes behind their mothers computer to spit hate.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by phermonyx(m): 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mr Everest: Thank you my brother, i for one believe in southern unity and solidarity, at least to keep the abokis in check but i must confess that nairaland ethnocentrists are making it difficult, honestly i have nothing against the yorubas, but they should stop picking on Igbos and express mutual love for ourselves. Igbos are not trouble makers, BTW i like your courage, thats some whiff of fresh air!

Dats d spirit ma broda and dnt mind d tribalists.....they are just a few out of many good pple.
Its never wrong to get to knw a person for who he/she irrespective of d tribe. Tnx a lot
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Noiseless2: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2012
Obasonjo sh@gging and making babies with his sons wives,abomination but in yorongbatico land as long as you have naira gini big deal!
Real-Mccoy:

Bros, what do you expect when a Oluwole certificate forger whose name is Bola Ahmed Tinubu an ex governor and an ex convict, is parading himself as their leader. Imagine a region where 98 percent of her leaders are ex-convict and wife beaters, they are not fit for leadership position...OBJ,Bode George,Akala and the list goes on......
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Malawian(m): 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2012
oladapo_a1: lols! An answer question...go read 2nd world war as a case study...mtcheew
how difficult can it be to just answer a simple question? I understand you have no answer so why dont you keep quiet? If you want me to read about world war two, tell me what to read about that war that answers my questions. So we can all agree now that you dont have an answer to my questions abi? If you have, write them down so we can all read it. Pls op, answer my question! We all want to get to the root of this matter! Thnks
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Noiseless2: 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2012
When has it been abnormal to being cautious against green snakes in a green grass? We dont do hate,hating is way of life in yorongbatico land!
gilgee:

Do you really hate the Yoruba people in reality? I mean, do ya'll have this much hatred for each other in reality?

Why are we all Nigerians then? What are you and your tribe doing in Nigeria? Why not peacefully or forcefully breakaway instead of wasting your time here insulting other tribes?

The reason for Nigeria's failure is truly not far fetched. We are not a nation.

A divided nation is an epitome of a failed experiment! Nigeria has been proven as one by ya'll!
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Malawian(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
[quote author=Malawian][/quote]
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Malawian(m): 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
Malawian: There is something yoruba have not told us. You guys said you had no military and that the army in the west were northern soldiers right? Now, are you guys saying that the biafran liberation force led by banjo was side stepping the so called northern soldiers and killing yoruba civilians instead? Who were the soldiers in youruba land then? Northerners or yorubas? Who did the biafrans engage in ore? Northerners or yorubas? You have to tell us why you were against biafrans engaginging norther soldiers who were occupying your region if indeed they were northerners; if they were not northerners and indeed yoruba, tell us why you keep saying you were unarmed and why you were afraid to lead a struggle for your freedom? @ Cyberg, if you asked a question, wait for answer! Dont be running around this thread trying to control the discuss, that only show insecurity, and only cowards are insecure. Now you cowardly yoruba should answer the question i raised as not side step it again or like in cyberg's style, tell me to stay on the topic. One more thing, what were yoruba officers doing in biafran army? Were they held captives or were they there simple to betray?
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Noiseless2: 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2012
The other three you mentioned their got what they deserved just like your bloody "banjo", and their people are happy that they got what they brought upon themselves unlike you bloody hypocrites,the same bunch that were jailed with bloody banjo for the 1966 coup which was why Biafra was at war wanted to repeat same in biafra in war time.
Remii:

what do you say about ifeajuna, sam agbam and alale that were killed along with banjo for the same offense, were they yorubas too? i am not sure high echelon and enlightened ibos supported biafra, masses where kinda brainwashed by ikemba and elite had to keep quiet to avoid attack.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Malawian(m): 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2012
Lies can only get so far, when the truth arrives, it will overtake the lies - fact!, you yaribas after the war went into overdrive with all those lies to hide whom you really are. You guys still havent told us the reason behind 20 pounds yet, you guys still havent told us why awolowo was poisonning infant baby formular going to the east, we all saw how you took over all the companies as well as the media houses to propergate your propaganda against igbo. I bet you guys thought your phyric victory will last forever. I have this feeling that the yoruba actually want igbo to appologise to them for Whatever reason. You guys are really amazing, arent you? You should know that we would sooner rub minds with middle beltans than with yoruba. I dont know where you semi illiterates came off thinking you can con the igbo a second time. You have played all your cards already, you guys are the ones to atone to us, not the other way round. We dont need you, we dont care if you need us, we will remain in "your lands" (Hausa-fulani conquered lands?) and milk it dry! Cry us a river! Only yoruba will wrong you and expect you to appologise to them. Where the biafran liberation force led by your son banjo sidestepping the so called northern soldiers and killing yorubas instead? Yes or no!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Noiseless2: 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2012
The impotent OP should have opened a thread to ask his abusive hausa/fulani husbands why they made TUNDE IDIAGBON drank a poisoned shai that killed him at BABANGIDA'S house, when it was about to become an anti-corruption chairman, those with skeleton in their closet lured him for a shai with the blessing of his kinsmen like obasonjo and co then poisoned him. Til date the criminally cowards can't even ask questions about what happened to their son.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by o42austino(m): 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
Desola: Come on! Lay your sentiments aside and see the validity of his question. He asked a very relevant question and you know it except that as an ibo man, you would not admit it because its truth would contradict your song of Awo is a betrayer.

We have asked you on numerous occassions to support your assertions of Awo being a betrayer and coward with solid evidence of an expressed agreement between him and ojukwu that Yorubas would enjoin the ibos in their secession bid but till current, no such proof has been forth coming.

A bulk of assertions made on this forum by the Yorubas with regard to the civil war has been supported with documentary evidence, either from excerpts from books from recognised sources or with internet links for veracity.

Now, the fellow asked a decent and in my opinion, vital question and in shame, you are seeking to avoid it by throwing semantics and your usual emotional blackmail at a simple question.

Surely, you know what it means to be a betrayer and that is why you deem Awolowo one, so why not with your knowledge and expertise at fishing out cowards and betrayers explain to us why your colonel chose a Yoruba man to lead his army against his own people? Do you call Banjo's acceptance as an act of betrayal against his people or is it not betrayal only when it suits the ibo agenda?

I'm just asking.

U want to know why we call Awolowo a coward pls look at the present Nigeria then you will know.if Awolowo did what is expected of him and declare west an independent nation we(Both Igbos and Yorubas) will not be sharing this nation with Boko haram.all you need to be a leader is vision to be able to know what the future will look like from what you are seeing today that is what Ojukwu has that Awolowo and co don't have and No thanks to his coward nature Boko haram are still in this same nation with us.In regards to Banjo,he is a nice officer but he made a careful mistake by asking the force under his wing to pin down when you have all the chance in the world to advance against the enemy and weep then out(the enemy here is not the yorubas but against the Nigeria troops) and that cost him the life of his troops and such mistake in military can be seen as betrayal and is the least mistake you can make as commanding officer.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by o42austino(m): 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2012
U want to know why we call Awolowo a coward pls look at the present Nigeria then you will know.if Awolowo did what is expected of him and declare west an independent nation we(Both Igbos and Yorubas) will not be sharing this nation with Boko haram.all you need to be a leader is vision to be able to know what the future will look like from what you are seeing today that is what Ojukwu has that Awolowo and co don't have and No thanks to his coward nature Boko haram are still in this same nation with us.In regards to Banjo,he is a nice officer but he made a careful mistake by asking the force under his wing to pin down when you have all the chance in the world to advance against the enemy and weep then out(the enemy here is not the yorubas but against the Nigeria troops and that cost him the life of his troops and such mistake in military can be seen as betrayal and is the least mistake you can make as commanding officer.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by RealMccoy2(m): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2012
phermonyx:

Dats d spirit ma broda and dnt mind d tribalists.....they are just a few out of many good pple.
Its never wrong to get to knw a person for who he/she irrespective of d tribe. Tnx a lot

God Bless your children children my brother.We have a common enemy which is corruption yet some nuisance here refused to think outside the box.Banjo and Ojukwu are dead,they both made it in our history books,why can't a lazy fat imbe-cile carry out an independent research? Is the OP trying to tell me that the free education he got from Awo is a waste?I only realized how hateful Nigerians could be when I joined this forum. I am beginning to question the loyalty of some members of other ethnicity that smile on my face and even share my lunch with me. Igbos are busy building industries all over Nigeria,creating employment for Nigerians in general,while some few saddist are going around spitting lies and propaganda. The first private refinery is now in Anambra state of Nigeria,refined gasoline from that refinery will be sold to cyberg G dad to fill up his Molue tank.... grin grin grin
We are all about our money at the moment,We used our 20pounds to build industries. Politics is not popular in the east, we are industrious and won't wait for food stamp from FG
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2012
o42austino: U want to know why we call Awolowo a coward pls look at the present Nigeria then you will know.if Awolowo did what is expected of him and declare west an independent nation we(Both Igbos and Yorubas) will not be sharing this nation with Boko haram.all you need to be a leader is vision to be able to know what the future will look like from what you are seeing today that is what Ojukwu has that Awolowo and co don't have and No thanks to his coward nature Boko haram are still in this same nation with us.In regards to Banjo,he is a nice officer but he made a careful mistake by asking the force under his wing to pin down when you have all the chance in the world to advance against the enemy and weep then out(the enemy here is not the yorubas but against the Nigeria troops and that cost him the life of his troops and such mistake in military can be seen as betrayal and is the least mistake you can make as commanding officer.

The height of naked stupidity you are displaying here is beyond pathetic! Why not at least haphazard a guess at the answer to the question instead of veering incorrigibly away from the question! Just FYI, how can any one foolishly declare war on a non-existent premise that a remote land over 1000 KM away, who has no alliance or agreement with you will act against their own interest but your own interest? This is exactly the ridiculous point you are making here but I know you've been listening to too many foolis.h and uninformed opinions of people who were beaten into the ground and lost woefully by that stupi.d declaration of an unwinnable war! So, go back now and answer the question!
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by phermonyx(m): 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

I salute you sir for your courage. I wish those Myopic internet bigots like the poster can learn some knowledge from you. The poster is as soft as baby sh-it . A supposed "mediator" that was suppose to be non partial in real life,went ahead to call me "phussy" on internet in a comment, just shows that game recognize game...smh

I undstnd wht you are saying sir bt 2 wrongs wld never make a right.
Wht we all av to do is our best in making everything and everyone around us better.
Just like Mandela said, it is good to succeed bt it is better wen we succeed together.
Tnx a lot for ur comment....
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Malawian(m): 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
@ Cyberg, did you not see my question? U no go answer am? Why nobody gree answer me for here? CYBER, ANSWER MY QUESTION. HABA! ANSWER MY QUESTION, ANSWER MY QUESTION, ANSWER MY QUESTION, ANSWER MY QUESTION, ANSWER MY QUESTION, ANSWER MY QUESTION, ANSWER MY QUESTION, ANSWER MY QUESTION, ANSWER MY QUESTION !!!!!!!!!. ANSWER MY QUESTION, ANSWER MY QUESTION, ANSWER MY QUESTION !!!!.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2012
Malawian: Lies can only get so far, when the truth arrives, it will overtake the lies - fact!, you yaribas after the war went into overdrive with all those lies to hide whom you really are. You guys still havent told us the reason behind 20 pounds yet, you guys still havent told us why awolowo was poisonning infant baby formular going to the east, we all saw how you took over all the companies as well as the media houses to propergate your propaganda against igbo. I bet you guys thought your phyric victory will last forever. I have this feeling that the yoruba actually want igbo to appologise to them for Whatever reason. You guys are really amazing, arent you? You should know that we would sooner rub minds with middle beltans than with yoruba. I dont know where you semi illiterates came off thinking you can con the igbo a second time. You have played all your cards already, you guys are the ones to atone to us, not the other way round. We dont need you, we dont care if you need us, we will remain in "your lands" (Hausa-fulani conquered lands?) and milk it dry! Cry us a river! Only yoruba will wrong you and expect you to appologise to them. Where the biafran liberation force led by your son banjo sidestepping the so called northern soldiers and killing yorubas instead? Yes or no!

Why are you blabbing about like headless chicken? and what make you write Yoruba as yaribas? the likes of you lack respect and moral upbringing that's why you find it easy to come on a faceless forum to post lies and what you know nothing about.
1. On the 20 pound issue go and direct your question Gowon he was the the head of state then and he was 100% responsible for whatever policy that was implemented on Igbos.
2.Awolowo was poisoning infant formula? that is a lie from the pit of hell! whatever religion you believe in you know where liars end up shey?
3. Yorubas took over companies? are these companies Igbos own companies or Nigerian companies? check the history very well before the civil war most civil service and juicy govt position were occupied by Igbos in fact in Yorubaland several ministries was held by the Igbos, there were even complaints that most of these civil servants speak igbos in the office instead of the official language. It is only natural that these posts are filled while all igbos retreated to the east.

Finally, all your other posts is not worthy of reply because it lacks any form of substance. BTW be careful with the way you use your newly acquired Malawian passport because there were news about several of our Nigerian Biafran brothers manipulating guilible women from countries such as Malawi, Zambia, up to mozambique to obtain foreign passport
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by remarkD(m): 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2012
You see, the reason some are just leaving you to wallow in your ignorance is because tribalists usually can't see reason and make sense of it as all they see if what is wrong with others and right with their tribe. You are asking him to answer your question which is already on a false premise, and happens to be the question a poster has been trying to get you to answer on this thread and you are side-stepping it. if you answer that question, then your own question will suddenly be exposed and seen as plain ignorance and st.upidity. The same tactis Katsimoto uses in a more deceitful way as he mixes the "false premise" with half-truths.

Although i know very well you are not looking for answers but trying to prove a point where there is none, for the sake of any gullible minds i will pointit out instead of letting your lies continue going on as it has for so many years that the west of Nigerian writers have been propagating it.

In your deceitful words ... "Why would anyone foolishly declare war on ... people that had no alliance or agreement with you ... "

So you believe the Igbos declared war on the Yorubas? and that was why the BLF was heading to Lagos, to fight the Yorubas (when Gowon was sitting in Lagos and commanding the invasion of Biafra).
Maybe you need to answer your own question. Why would the Igbos declare on the Yorubas when the massacre of civilians was mainly by northerners?

What is the premise of attacking Yorubas?

Why would free passage be asked of the people to be (allegedly, by you) attacked?

List the Yorubas that were attacked and killed if this was you say was declared on the Yorubas was not in your dreams and an attempt by you to justify deceit, treachery, backstabbing and all the evil Awolowo perpetuated.

It is clear and simple to see where, when, how and why the Igbos believe Yorubas are cowards and back-stabbers or sly and cnning.

The yorubas might (and do) see it as hate and causing trouble, but the truth is that Igbos don't hate the Yorubas, but are simply letting them know that .. "we know you now and how you play" ... and will make sure they don't get bit once again.

(It was interesting to see the comment IBB made about a Yoruba planning a coup to unseat him... though its one man's view, but its from their leader and these leaders know themselves, but it seems the Hausas also see the Yorubas as cowards. howcome?

I'm out. for now at least... :S
CyberG:

The height of naked stupidity you are displaying here is beyond pathetic! Why not at least haphazard a guess at the answer to the question instead of veering incorrigibly away from the question! Just FYI, how can any one foolishly declare war on a non-existent premise that a remote land over 1000 KM away, who has no alliance or agreement with you will act against their own interest but your own interest? This is exactly the ridiculous point you are making here but I know you've been listening to too many foolis.h and uninformed opinions of people who were beaten into the ground and lost woefully by that stupi.d declaration of an unwinnable war! So, go back now and answer the question!
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Malawian(m): 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2012
@ Tunnytox, thanks for your answer, i suppose half bread is better than none. I am still waiting for cyberg to answer my questions. (1) 20 Pounds: ofcourse i didnt expect an iota of truth from any yoruba mouth as regards the 20 pounds policy. While your hero was robbing our monies blind (while shouting "egbe omo oduduwa"wink he found a way to balance the books with his 20 pounds policy. Now it is gowon that did 20 pounds and not awolowo, Abi?. (2) Poison: dont you think awo knows all about poisons seeing that he drank the tea of life himself? This is not heresay, google it. There are even U.N reports about that episode. The only person going to hell is the person who refuses to accept his sins and seek atonement for them. (3) Companies: so yoruba turned nigeria owned companies; hitherto dominated by igbos into yoruba owned companies and fully occupied by yorubas? Was this also gowon's policy? Now for the question all of you have been skipping, i ask again, did banjo avoid northern soldiers to be killing fellow yoruba civilians? Yes or no.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
remark D: You see, the reason some are just leaving you to wallow in your ignorance is because tribalists usually can't see reason and make sense of it as all they see if what is wrong with others and right with their tribe. You are asking him to answer your question which is already on a false premise, and happens to be the question a poster has been trying to get you to answer on this thread and you are side-stepping it. if you answer that question, then your own question will suddenly be exposed and seen as plain ignorance and st.upidity. The same tactis Katsimoto uses in a more deceitful way as he mixes the "false premise" with half-truths.

Although i know very well you are not looking for answers but trying to prove a point where there is none, for the sake of any gullible minds i will pointit out instead of letting your lies continue going on as it has for so many years that the west of Nigerian writers have been propagating it.

In your deceitful words ... "Why would anyone foolishly declare war on ... people that had no alliance or agreement with you ... "

So you believe the Igbos declared war on the Yorubas? and that was why the BLF was heading to Lagos, to fight the Yorubas (when Gowon was sitting in Lagos and commanding the invasion of Biafra).
Maybe you need to answer your own question. Why would the Igbos declare on the Yorubas when the massacre of civilians was mainly by northerners?

What is the premise of attacking Yorubas?

Why would free passage be asked of the people to be (allegedly, by you) attacked?

List the Yorubas that were attacked and killed if this was you say was declared on the Yorubas was not in your dreams and an attempt by you to justify deceit, treachery, backstabbing and all the evil Awolowo perpetuated.

It is clear and simple to see where, when, how and why the Igbos believe Yorubas are cowards and back-stabbers or sly and cnning.

The yorubas might (and do) see it as hate and causing trouble, but the truth is that Igbos don't hate the Yorubas, but are simply letting them know that .. "we know you now and how you play" ... and will make sure they don't get bit once again.

(It was interesting to see the comment IBB made about a Yoruba planning a coup to unseat him... though its one man's view, but its from their leader and these leaders know themselves, but it seems the Hausas also see the Yorubas as cowards. howcome?

I'm out. for now at least... :S

You are exactly guilty of what you accused other of doing TRIBALISM, it is normal for diffrent people to see things from the different angle. i don't care and I believe many Yorubas too don't care about what some few bigoted Igbos think about us.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Tinyemeka(m): 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
CyberG:

What media propaganda? Do you know that ibos are the Goebbelian-propagandists since the advent of Nigeria? Check your history young man! Now I am not attacking any one, history is something that can not be changed. Can even Germany escape their evil past? They still get flak for it so stop this futile victim mentality of saying I am attacking you. How can, when I have more friends who are SE than you? In any case, your answer skirts the question and you damn know it!!

I've followed your every single post right from when you originated this thread and it's a pity that despite your self-acclaimed pseudo-education, you still can't tell the difference between a common and a proper noun. I pity your parents in their old age. That's if they are still alive. I wonder what other deceptions you've been passing on to the people around you.

Keep forming neutral argumentator. I was not around in 1967 and from what I read about the war, your greenish, slimy, mono-chromatic figment of a reasoning faculty can't comprehend anything I wish to state in response to your dumb cesspit of a question. I can't dignify your demented reasoning with any response.

Keep up the deception bro. You really represent and do your people proud. Thumbs up.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Malawian(m): 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2012
tunnytox:

You are exactly guilty of what you accused other of doing TRIBALISM, it is normal for diffrent people to see things from the different angle. i don't care and I believe many Yorubas too don't care about what some few bigoted Igbos think about us.
so lets ask a neutral arbitter then? Google, anyone? I believe there is already a thread about google search remarks about igbos and yorubas no? I ask again, did banjo kill yoruba civilians? After lying that biafrans were massacring civilians in the midwest, perhaps to explain away yourselves as the knights on the white horse that came and liberated them from biafran yoke, tell us why you refused to liberate yourselves first? Tell us why you refused to be liberated either! Was banjo killing yoruba civilians or not?
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 9:44pm On Aug 20, 2012
Malawian: so lets ask a neutral arbitter then? Google, anyone? I believe there is already a thread about google search remarks about igbos and yorubas no? I ask again, did banjo kill yoruba civilians? After lying that biafrans were massacring civilians in the midwest, perhaps to explain away yourselves as the knights on the white horse that came and liberated them from biafran yoke, [b]tell us why you refused to liberate yourselves first? [/b]Tell us why you refused to be liberated either! Was banjo killing yoruba civilians or not?

Dude stop making a fool of yourself, you keep using the word liberation, liberation is for those in bondage ok. In 1967, the only set of people who are being massacred are Igbos not Yorubas, practically the war is between Igbos and the north, Yorubas were not under any form of bondage and require not form of liberation.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2012
Malawian: @ Tunnytox, thanks for your answer, i suppose half bread is better than none. I am still waiting for cyberg to answer my questions. (1) 20 Pounds: ofcourse i didnt expect an iota of truth from any yoruba mouth as regards the 20 pounds policy. While your hero was robbing our monies blind (while shouting "egbe omo oduduwa"wink he found a way to balance the books with his 20 pounds policy. Now it is gowon that did 20 pounds and not awolowo, Abi?. (2) Poison: dont you think awo knows all about poisons seeing that he drank the tea of life himself? This is not heresay, google it. There are even U.N reports about that episode. The only person going to hell is the person who refuses to accept his sins and seek atonement for them. (3) Companies: so yoruba turned nigeria owned companies; hitherto dominated by igbos into yoruba owned companies and fully occupied by yorubas? Was this also gowon's policy? Now for the question all of you have been skipping, i ask again, did banjo avoid northern soldiers to be killing fellow yoruba civilians? Yes or no.

How? did Yorubas turn Nigerian Airways into Yoruba's company? or was their any ministry that becomes a full Yoruba ministry?
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2012
Malawian: @ Tunnytox, thanks for your answer, i suppose half bread is better than none. I am still waiting for cyberg to answer my questions. (1) 20 Pounds: ofcourse i didnt expect an iota of truth from any yoruba mouth as regards the 20 pounds policy. While your hero was robbing our monies blind (while shouting "egbe omo oduduwa"wink he found a way to balance the books with his 20 pounds policy. Now it is gowon that did 20 pounds and not awolowo, Abi?. (2) Poison: dont you think awo knows all about poisons seeing that he drank the tea of life himself? This is not heresay, google it. There are even U.N reports about that episode. The only person going to hell is the person who refuses to accept his sins and seek atonement for them. (3) Companies: so yoruba turned nigeria owned companies; hitherto dominated by igbos into yoruba owned companies and fully occupied by yorubas? Was this also gowon's policy? Now for the question all of you have been skipping, i ask again, did banjo avoid northern soldiers to be killing fellow yoruba civilians? Yes or no.

1. If you don't expect any iota of truth from a Yoruba why ask, since your heart is prejudiced why ask?
2.Our hero was robbing you of your money? how? did Awolowo pocketed all Igbos money or what?
3. There is a UN reports regarding Awolowo poisoning baby infant formula? please post the link HERE
4. Yorubas have nothing to do with Banjo, whether Banjo killed Yorubas or Northerners have nothing to do with Yorubas, he choosed his own part, make his own decision and sealed his OWN fate. Absolutely nothing to do with Yorubas. if banjo is interested in liberating yorubaland he cannot do that on his own he needs approval from the Yoruba elders he needs alliances but the fact that he decided to go on his own sealed his fate.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by RealMccoy2(m): 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2012
tunnytox:

Dude stop making a fool of yourself, you keep using the word liberation, liberation is for those in bondage ok. In 1967, the only set of people who are being massacred are Igbos not Yorubas, practically the war is between Igbos and the north, Yorubas were not under any form of bondage and require not form of liberation.

Do you think if you repeat lies multiple times it will become truth? Digest the thread above from your fellow Yoruba brother. Stop with the defense mechanism, google is your best friend if you care to use it for your research.The capital of Nigeria during the Biafran vs Nigerian war was Lagos,the rule of engagement in any civil war has always remain the same;he who captures the capital wins the war etc Libya,Iraq and soon to be Syria. why claiming the war is between igbos and the north?That is a form of cowardice,on other threads your people were bragging about black scorpion and how they claimed Biafran armies surrendered to them? Why are people of Edo state not saying Igbos were trying to invade their territory? Don't you know,coming from the east to lagos, you have to go through Benin to reach any south western states? Debate of such is very childish to me, any sane person that wish to seek for truth should do an independent research and stop seeking for Oluwole publicity on NairaLand that is already infested with envious ethnocentric NURTW thugs.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by sheyguy: 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2012
I can see some mischevious folks here have decided to derail the thread with silly questions . . . Well , in the face of all distraction tactics employed to avoid the real question being answered, i hereby declare the brilliant Question by CyberG 'unanswarable' and therefore O'j is found guilty of gross betrayal and cowardise. . . Lol . . . I dey joke sha, but CyberG really needs this seemingly simple question answered. Make unu give am answer na . . .
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Do you think if you repeat lies multiple times it will become truth? Digest the thread above from your fellow Yoruba brother. Stop with the defense mechanism, google is your best friend if you care to use it for your research.The capital of Nigeria during the Biafran vs Nigerian war was Lagos,the rule of engagement in any civil war has always remain the same;he who captures the capital wins the war etc Libya,Iraq and soon to be Syria. why claiming the war is between igbos and the north?That is a form of cowardice,on other threads your people were bragging about black scorpion and how they claimed Biafran armies surrendered to them? Why are people of Edo state not saying Igbos were trying to invade their territory? Don't you know,coming from the east to lagos, you have to go through Benin to reach any south western states? Debate of such is very childish to me, any sane person that wish to seek for truth should do an independent research and stop seeking for Oluwole publicity on NairaLand that is already infested with envious ethnocentric NURTW thugs.

What lies are you talking about? are you making posts just to add to the traffic or you want to contribute something meaningful?
If there is any lie you want to talk about state them here and now and lets deal with it rather than blabbing about.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by RealMccoy2(m): 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2012
sheyguy: I can see some mischevious folks here have decided to derail the thread with silly questions . . . Well , in the face of all distraction tactics employed to avoid the real question being answered, i hereby declare the brilliant Question by CyberG 'unanswarable' and therefore O'j is found guilty of gross betrayal and cowardise. . . Lol . . . I dey joke sha, but CyberG really needs this seemingly simple question answered. Make unu give am answer na . . .

Bros why una no debunk waiting farouk talk last two week, we for answer the one for last two weeks first before answering the one that myopic e-warrior post? I no go dey surprise say in 40 years una go change the tune of june 12 aftermath and Diya coup....Anyways my brother, I understand Naijas get ego so much, it will be difficult for Awo to apologize for not having the foresight to see what was ahead to besiege him. Anyways,if say we Igbos dey stick to the past we no go dominate naija economy and educational sector as we speak. We have moved on, I see my Yoruba exposed friends as my own and I hope una children no go dey locked up in that tribalism box because dat box dey hold down progress oh. Ask your self now, na which people dey suffer now for naija? If say Gowon na brave man why him never liberate him people wen Fulani dey murder daily? Bros, I was not around during the civil war, my judgement of what really happened was shaped from what I saw during the June 12 and Diya coup.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by remarkD(m): 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2012
neither do the Igbos care about what Yorubas or other thinks about them.
What I was pointing is the clear lies being told and spread by the yorubas, which he has believed and taken hook, line and sinke with no reason - or just because it makes his tribe look good.
What in my post makes me guilty of tribalism...someone is lieing and being deceitful and i caught him on it and you say I am the tribalistic? leaving the lies being spread against Igbos and wishing i didnt address? I seriously wanna hear what you think in my poss that makes me atribalist.

tunnytox:

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 12:36am On Aug 21, 2012

@Malawian. I had much to do and since there WERE NO concrete answers to my enquiry, I somehow glossed over the posts but now I noticed and I will give you some answers. There are master historians here and they might provide even more references:

1. 20 Pounds. Read The Brothers War (John St. De Jorre) to get an independent opinion of what happened then and this book was published in August 1972 when the facts of everything that happened were still very fresh and untainted by subjective interpretation. From that book and another source (a link on NL here I believe), the monies in the Central Bank, PH, Calaba and Benin were were looted and removed by ojukwu and biafra to buy arms. Before you argue, please go and check that fact if it was true or the money was never removed. Secondly, individual records of savings are a requirement if you show up at a bank to withdraw your money and whoever did not have his proof of savings (balance book or whatever), cannot show up at a bank and make any claims. Remember in the 70's there was no internet banking in Nigeria. Of course, it is a fact that legal tender money was already scare in biafra at that time because ojukwu started to charge the aid organizations who were bringing food in to biafra for the children "landing fees". According to him, they paid people to help them unload, other administrative duties, etc; so he collected their pound sterling on behalf of the people and paid them in biafra pounds. Again, this was in a video which I have seen on Youtube and here on NLand by ojukwu himself. Before you argue this, check if any of this is not true. Now, at the end of the war, people want to collect money, the Central Bank of Nigeria set up a panel to resolve this issues and with the relevant officials of the Finance ministry, presenting a resolution which he SIGNED. That was how the "20 pounds policy" came to be BUT people who had proof of their monies, got their monies back. Of course, Now, these things were done since 1970 and ojukwu (and whoever was privy) was alive for so long after then to have disputed the statement of facts. Now, it is also on record that the monies due to SE Nigeria were saved for it and all paid to SE after the war and Chief Awolowo said he NEVER asked the approval of the council to pay the money because he knew that was the right thing to do, plus some of the people on the council will block the payment. Now, before you come to argue it, start by giving your own account of facts that differ from these ones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Amaechi: I Was Not Beaten In Spain, IPOB Evil Plot Failed Woefully / Breaking: 4 APC Reps Quit Party, Announce Their New Party / Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.