Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,552 members, 7,972,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:03 PM

Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live (19617 Views)

Good City To Live In Brazil / 2012 World Most Liveable Cities:lagos Ranks 3rd Worst Most Liveable City On List / Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live –report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by jawjaw1: 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
To think that I moved from the city (Lagos) ranked 138th to the city ranked 5th is amazing. grin grin grin
Nevertheless, I love Lagos!
I can say without a doubt that it is a city that is improving.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by levos2007(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
The people living there are not complaining, or are they? Lagos wey fine die... enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by mactonnyso: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
Even with all the good works of our gov. Fashola (SAN) they still rate our lagos very low, mad guys!
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by daezeangel: 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
lagos has it's ups and downs, but fashi, Lagos is the bom grin
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
galaxy4rep: Enugu is d best city in nigeria!
only if you havent been to the Abakpa nike of enugu. Enugu ought to be regarded as the dustbin of the nation.
@OP...i totally disagree
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
lagcity:

okoros turned Aba into a pig sty, they want to do the same in Lagos. dirty okoros cheesy
POST OF THE DAY

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by bashr8: 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
ondo_boi: only if you havent been to the Abakpa nike of enugu. Enugu ought to be regarded as the dustbin of the nation.
@OP...i totally disagree
abakpa might be the bad part of enugu but it is still better than many of those shanties and ghettos all around lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Richiy(f): 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
I thought it was 138th i read. Hw come it became 3rd?
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Konsult07(m): 12:03am On Aug 17, 2012
Who are those pple rating lagos lik dat? But they knw how 2 come down 2 lagos n make money bah.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Abbey2sam(m): 1:32am On Aug 17, 2012
The days of the white manipulating me are over...liveable or not we have been surving in that lagos city,....fhu.ck them all
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 17, 2012
Richiy: I thought it was 138th i read. Hw come it became 3rd?
138(3rd), 139(2nd), 140(1st)
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by miketayo(m): 2:33am On Aug 17, 2012
i totally disagree, have the checked the east african countries (uganda, rwanda, etc..) or the small countries in west africa.. they are just hating
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by eaglechild: 3:11am On Aug 17, 2012
miketayo: i totally disagree, have the checked the east african countries (uganda, rwanda, etc..) or the small countries in west africa.. they are just hating

The key word is LIVEABLE and believe me, the cities in many of those countries are more liveable than Lagos!
Not all cities were part of the survey though.
The world definitely has more than 140 cities.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by OneNaira6: 3:58am On Aug 17, 2012
I have to agree. This is old news btw, lagos have been in that list for a very long time. Lagos is just over-hyped. There are good aspect of lagos like Victoria Island but every city has a suburb within it, what matters is how the entire city is. Whenever I see Nigerians over-hyping Lagos, I wonder is it the same Lagos we all visited that people are talking about or is Lagos, Portugal. One thing I do believe is the raters are trying to be malicious. Abuja self is Nigerian main capital, how come they never use that city?
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:50am On Aug 17, 2012
i will pick DOUALA everyday any day .....in front of those western cities
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Laiteboi(m): 6:12am On Aug 17, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]haba lagos,pls don't blame lag just blame nigeria
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by veraponpo(m): 6:27am On Aug 17, 2012
My brother no be fight. Go back to village. After all your town or village is better abi, then go. Let us weather Alaba will become a ghost city. Set of ingrayes. Who spoiled Lagos?, is not u, selling on d street of Lagos from old Oshodi to Yaba, Lagos Island broad street, defacing Ajegunle, scattering Agege, go to Ijesha, Ladipo market @ Mushin etc Sma people will say Fashola's policy is too draconian but when international news says Lagos is this, they will still have the effontry to talk forgetting they and their pple are d cause. Last census shows that ibos are upo to 44percent of the entire Lagos population. Ahhhh. What do u want. U want to spoil this place and later say your poor Enugu is better? Idiot. From u questio, so why is Kano not found in the list? It tells u that the parameters used are bigger than any other city in Nigeria. Lagos reigns. Even if it is the last, it is still the best Nigeria can produce.
Sam Milla:

Stop responding out of hatred and envy.
Some cities listed up there are less than 1 million people. Eg, Helsinki 590,000. Stockholm 850,000 people. Google is your friend.
So throw your hatred out of the window.
You can compare your Lagos with Kano. Down here in the east, we boast of beauty and serenity while you celebrate over population. Life in the two Scandic cities i mentioned is far better than life in London and New York. Try google again. So liveable cities are not measured by the number of people and dumped vehicles.
You are quite happy that Fashola is sending easterners back, wow. Imagine Alaba, trade fair and Ladipo without Easterners, Lagos will just turn into a ghost city. Atleast that will give you the long awaited chance to throw owambe parties in the middle of Oshodi- Apapa express way.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by veraponpo(m): 6:43am On Aug 17, 2012
Sorry if u are confused but I am not. The last time I checked Enugu was still the capital of Enugu State. So if it has all features used it would have been recognized. The arguement is why are the ibos always quickly like to discredit Lagos or any other Yoruba land forgeting that majority of them are feeding here. This is the pot feeding majority of them. This is a fact nobody can argue. Why should somebody mention Enugu as a state or city when an intl rating comes up, if those pple recogmize Enugu they wld av mntiond it now, must u disgrace your poor town.pls always allow us to address the main issue.

manny4life:

You see yourself? In your bid to discredit other places, you're more confused. Cities are inside a state, or city states, Enugu is a state while Nnewi, Awka and Onitsha are different cities in Anambra state. There are different types of cities either by size or multi level tier govt cities , according to their rating, they're probably referring to "Mega Cities" type standard, NOT small cities. Although, they NEVER specified, they ONLY talked about the indices used in their ratings.

STOP confusing yourself, Nnewi may not have 10+million in population (size) and belong to Mega cities by size but it's indeed a small city of it's standard. For instance, DC does not have a population of 5million let alone 10million but it's 300x economically sound than Lagos. I'm just giving you example why cities rank - either by population, size/land mass etc. I can give you several cities with <5million people, but they're economically sound.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by gidson12(m): 6:51am On Aug 17, 2012
ondo_boi: POST OF THE DAY
Dimwit of the day
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by deshclones(m): 7:07am On Aug 17, 2012
veraponpo: My brother no be fight. Go back to village. After all your town or village is better abi, then go. Let us weather Alaba will become a ghost city. Set of ingrayes. Who spoiled Lagos?, is not u, selling on d street of Lagos from old Oshodi to Yaba, Lagos Island broad street, defacing Ajegunle, scattering Agege, go to Ijesha, Ladipo market @ Mushin etc Sma people will say Fashola's policy is too draconian but when international news says Lagos is this, they will still have the effontry to talk forgetting they and their pple are d cause. Last census shows that ibos are upo to 44percent of the entire Lagos population. Ahhhh. What do u want. U want to spoil this place and later say your poor Enugu is better? Idiot. From u questio, so why is Kano not found in the list? It tells u that the parameters used are bigger than any other city in Nigeria. Lagos reigns. Even if it is the last, it is still the best Nigeria can produce.

lmfao...amala man you are soo on point...we go destroy your beloved lagos...we will run it down to the last sediment....mess up your atmosphere and environment,block your drainages and make life totally unbearable for the indigenes...same way we are encroaching into ogun state...lol..shey na the same amala people dey sell their lands to us abi??you are doomed man..we will so mess up your towns while we leave the east to flourish and blossom...lol
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by 9999(m): 7:57am On Aug 17, 2012
Why's it That So Many Pple Just Lack Sense Of Reasoning Or is it Just out Of Hatred Or Negligence?, The Answer To This Rating Is So Simple... The One Single Problem With Lagos is Over-Population. The Last Tym I Checked We Still Av 36 Different States Plus The FCT With 36 Different Governors & FCT Minister, if The Remaining 35 State Administrators Ad in One Way Or The Other Develop Their Respective States To a Livable Standard Atlist Close To That Of Lagos It Would Av Reduced Pressure On Lagos State..Of All The States Or Cities In Nigeria, Lagos Is The Commercial Hub & The Most Developed..So Many Pple Wanna Earn a Living in Lagos At The Same Tym. It Is Only Lagos in The Entire Globe That U'v Atlist 100,000 Pple From Each States in The Country Working & Leaving At The Same Tym, To The Extent That Hausas Would Send Lorry load Of Their Grandma & Grandpas To Lagos To Beg On The Streets in The Act Putting So Much Pressure On The Already Sinking State...Lagos Was Better in The 60's Cos There Were Fewer Pple...Btw, Why's It That Anytime Any Issue Of State Or City Comparison Comes Up....All These Shit Flat Head ibo Boiz Will Seat in Their "Face Me i Face u" Room in Ajegunle or Okokomaiko With Their Rubber Rapped Nokia Fone & Say All Sorta Rubbish Meanwhile They r The Biggest Problem Of This State..If Enugu, Kano, Abuja, PH Or Whatever Ciry U'v Bn coming Up With's Worth Mentioning It would Surely Be On The List Either On The Negative Or Positive Side Of The Ratings, If Your Enugu Is So livable Y Not Pack Ur Bags & Luggages & Go Start a life There...Must You Die Here...Am Not Saying This Rating Aint True Bt Let's Always Face The Facts & Stop Being Sentimental Or Over-Night Haters. Eko Oni Baje!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by kayswag100(m): 8:13am On Aug 17, 2012
no doubt lagos isnt a city u can boast about to your friends abroad but one cant sit and not fault THE PLACEMENT OF LAGOS AS 3RD WORST...
Using the indices used by the 'experts' as parameters one wonders how they would rate cities like the Baghdads, the damascuses, the Niameys, the Ndjamenas, the Kanos, the MAIDUGURIES, the Khartoums, the Ibadans, the Abas and even the ONITSHAS.
I v lived in most of these cities and KNOW enough about those i havnt to knw dey DONT do/rank better than Lagos!

##fact##
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by odogwux(m): 8:43am On Aug 17, 2012
Whaaat? Lagos is a bustling city but ii don't know about worst. Its just a unique place
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 17, 2012
gidson12:
Dimwit of the day
dunce
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by OmoAlata(f): 9:07am On Aug 17, 2012
I was in Lagos 2 years ago. I enjoyed it grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by azyaq(m): 9:09am On Aug 17, 2012
Seriously lagos worst oooo, rangin from agbEro, potholes on d road,too much concEntration on island,no drug in hospital,refuse every where, no eletricity, beggers everywhere, government lootin etc wit all dis we should b no 1 worst city in d world.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by mapet: 9:12am On Aug 17, 2012
I dont know when you lived or left Lagos, but the underlined is not correct. There are no garbage in Lagos as you're posting. Besides Lagos will probably have the best integrated waste management in West Africa at the moment. I had the opportunity to study Lagos waste management structure when I was on my Bskul thesis. My team actually had a session with the waste management system in Barcelona, then back in Lagos. It would seem LAWMA folks had gone abroad to see how standard things are done. Massive investment in waste trucks, waste on roads cleared everyday (they actually told us that a day's backlog, can cause a problem of 2 weeks), Loading transfer station, Waster compactors and strategies of collection from homes

There are gaps though and a lot still to achieve, but in Nigeria today, not even Abuja matches Lagos in waste management structure and strategy. There are massive plans in areas of recycling (which is was the crux of my research), Biogas and Eco-park. Olusosun in Ojota is almost full and the gas escapes and pollutes the environment, hence the government is going in partnership with private sectors to trap the gas and sell as cooking gas. Olusosun will be the first Eco-park.

For me,I think you guys should lay of all these your herding approach, repeating wrong information posted by posters that are not in Lagos and neither been to Lagos. Lagos is presently very clean.

ocelot2006: Well.....they're kinda right. I hate living in Lagos with a passion. I hate the crazy traffic jams, the congestion, the garbage and water-logged roads, the algea-infested walls of buildings in some areas, and the stench. The last time I was in Lagos, I couldn't wait to get out. Hell, the drive back to MMA was the best drive I had there, cos I was about to board a flight out of there!

To be fair, the island (VI, Ikoyi etc) was definitely ok.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by azyaq(m): 9:12am On Aug 17, 2012
Omo Alata: I was in Lagos 2 years ago. I enjoyed it grin
come badagry side u go hate lagos pothole everywhere
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by olivertwist: 9:24am On Aug 17, 2012
It's not easy to 'carry third'.- Patience Jonathan
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by olivertwist: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2012
It's not easy to 'carry third'. - Patience Jonathan
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by stunna2(m): 9:35am On Aug 17, 2012
neeyee88: :oToronto the fourth bets city to live in the world? they are obviously joking! Toronto aint no where near the 15th best place in the world at all...never! Victoria Island in Lagos is far better...trust me!

No need to make crass comments like this. Ever been to the swanky neighborhoods of Toronto?
[

quote author=js_pac]Do you live in the slums?[/quote]

I didn't know Toronto had slums
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by olivertwist: 9:50am On Aug 17, 2012
Lagos used to be one of the neatest and nicest city in the WORLD (not only in Nigeria) until every TOM, DIC.K & HARRY from all the VILLAGES in Nigeria start to migrate to Lagos in their MILLIONS every year thereby turning the city to what it is today.

The same set of people rejoicing about this survey will be the first to condemn Gov. Fashola for destroying slums & illegal structures in the state. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traders Die In Boat Mishap In Kebbi (Burial Photos) / 6 Nigerian-Owned Guest Houses Burnt In South Africa - Nigerian Union / Car Crashes Into A Building In Idimu, Lagos. 4 Hospitalized (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.