Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,131 members, 7,943,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 02:49 AM

Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live (19573 Views)

Good City To Live In Brazil / 2012 World Most Liveable Cities:lagos Ranks 3rd Worst Most Liveable City On List / Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live –report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by stunna2(m): 9:51am On Aug 17, 2012
dasparrow:

How many immigrants living in Toronto can afford to live in the 'swanky' neighborhoods of Toronto?

Abeg put up ur pictures of the best places u have in Lagos so we can put up a picture of the worst places in toronto where u think all the immigrants live so we can compare n people can judge for themselves!

Canada is one of the richest and most developed countries of the world and Toronto is one of the most beautiful cities on earth n u sound stupid when u try to dispute this.

Pls pick on a city in Libya n forget Toronto, since Lagos may need 500 years to be in the same league as Toronto, k! Anyhow talk guy
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by zarkknight(m): 9:52am On Aug 17, 2012
Lagos, chai! dat city dey smell. undecided
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by omosexy1: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2012
kumbalo:
i get into big quarel wit my dad whenever i try to point out the lapses in Fashola's Administration in Lagos. He's obsessed with his overated performance. But the truth is... He has not done enough in the INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE STATE. When asked what are his achievement, he's always quick to Mention Trasportation (BRT). Lagosians deserve better than that. Ikorodu resident have a testimony to share on the issue of roads and drainage.

Fantastic post. I live in Lagos and I dread the city. The pollution, the noise, the rush, the madness, the disorganisation. This is Fashola's appraisal. He has a lot to do or whoever becomes the Governor. Don't know if the man is scared or he is playing politics. However, for the rest especially those in the east, claiming their city is better. Please hush your mouth, your city wasn't even recognized as a city in the first place. There are only 3 cities in Nigeria according to the International community - Abuja, Lagos and Port-Harcourt. The rest have not gotten to the stage of being recognized as a city. The only city better than Lagos is Abuja.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by lawizle(m): 10:43am On Aug 17, 2012
fados4sure:
Common worst city? We couldn't even take first?

Dat goes on to say dat even if dey do corruption sports in Olympics we no go carry first. 9ja wat exactly is our probs.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by authenticblack: 11:00am On Aug 17, 2012
We be 3rd worst city yet them no fit leave us alone,see them for Lagos everywhere in Victoria Island.Leave those fool with the parameter way them dey use measure,them dey craze for head
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by horlabiyi(m): 11:13am On Aug 17, 2012
This is really crazy. They call Lagos worst city but those Europeans and The Americans can't stop coming here. And some of you are even supporting this. Smh comments reserved sha
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by olivertwist: 11:29am On Aug 17, 2012
omosexy1:

Fantastic post. I live in Lagos and I dread the city. The pollution, the noise, the rush, the madness, the disorganisation. This is Fashola's appraisal. He has a lot to do or whoever becomes the Governor. Don't know if the man is scared or he is playing politics. However, for the rest especially those in the east, claiming their city is better. Please hush your mouth, your city wasn't even recognized as a city in the first place. There are only 3 cities in Nigeria according to the International community - Abuja, Lagos and Port-Harcourt. The rest have not gotten to the stage of being recognized as a city. The only city better than Lagos is Abuja.

I think your dad is more sincere than you concerning new developments/improvements in Lagos state. Even a blind man knows a new dawn has come. The problem is that, we expect Lagos to turn to Melbourne overnight forgetting that Rome wasn't built in a day.

You are right about pollution, noise, rush and disorganisation in Lagos but all these are the result of over-population. London and new york are experiencing the same thing hence the reason why they are encouraging people to migrate to other nearby cities.

As I'm typing these, thousands of people are landing in Lagos from VILLAGE yet Lagos is bad.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by amaba: 11:46am On Aug 17, 2012
110% correct. Thank God we are not last at least.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by OmoAlata(f): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2012
azyaq: come badagry side u go hate lagos pothole everywhere

It was the potholes which made our stay fascinating. The children, visiting Nigeria for the first time, thought we were in another world grin

They can't wait to visit again smiley
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by fashizie(m): 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2012
lagos iant jst bad,its horrible.i understand sum lagosians tryin to defend.lagos is jst too smelly and disorganised to ve any thumbs-up.
a perfect example of local champion.smh for all the hype about so called governor.a case of city of the blind
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by gidson12(m): 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2012
ondo_boi: dunce
Scum
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by aydotcome: 10:16am On Aug 18, 2012
Lagos is like a coin,with two sides. Though it has improved, but more still need to be done to put it a world class category.
My little opinion..
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by bilms(m): 8:08am On Aug 19, 2012
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Kenyanstar: 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
it all comes to the individual efforts of nigerians. what have you guys done about it. nigeria is generaly a gabbage country. the leaders are equally of the same nature. when you definetly end up with good leaders through a transparent process then everything might end up being radically changed for the better.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by bilms(m): 6:59am On Sep 20, 2012
hum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Air May Not Fly To US, Ethiopian Airline Subsumes It / Dana Air Gifts Hilda Baci, Mother Free Tickets For Domestic Travels / Which Airlines Have The Cheapest Tickets From Lagos To London.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.